Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #2566
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I love looking at all the Christmas decorations you shot. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to go round with your perspective and camera.

Do you have any pictures of your souvenirs? You must have quite a collection at home!

And as it's officially past midnight here, Merry Christmas! Thanks for your friendship.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #2567
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I love looking at all the Christmas decorations you shot. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to go round with your perspective and camera.

Do you have any pictures of your souvenirs? You must have quite a collection at home!

And as it's officially past midnight here, Merry Christmas! Thanks for your friendship.
Thank you PiO.

I didn't get pictures of the souvenir that night. I do have a lot of park souvenirs and that's what I mostly collect from Disney. I don't own high end stuff like Alison but I do like to collect park merchandise.

Hope you have a great Christmas and thanks for your friendship as well.

The next post will be up shortly.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #2568
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 12

Day 1 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 12

We left off at Main Street where I was about to head on out of the park after a long day. I just left the popcorn stand right at MS Hub where I got the Mickey Santa Souvenir popcorn bucket which I had to get since I like to collect Halloween or Holiday popcorn buckets. It did taken a while to get it that night but in the end I was able to get one of those souvenir buckets. Actually I got two that day since my DA also like to collect those buckets so she can have it on her office desk during the Holiday season. Back to the trip report.

Now I am heading down MS to get pictures of the Holiday decorations since I have missed getting them that night since I was trying to get my spot for BelieveÖIn Holiday Magic fireworks. Every year during the Holiday season at DL MS is one of my favorite places to be with the Holiday decorations. MS is the most decorated land at the DLR which is decorated from top to bottom.

When I compare DL and the MK where I have been to during the Holiday season, I would say that the MK has more decorations in MS than DL but I still consider DL Holiday decorations more magical than the MK. Most of the buildings at both parks have decorations on the buildings, lamp posts, garlands over the street and the window display with all sorts of Christmas trees, food, wreaths, clothing, etc.

During my time at MS, I also wanted to go around and get pictures of the window displays with the Holiday decorations. Since it was dark that night and the glare of the glass in the picture will not turn out well, I did took quite a lot of pictures that night

It was just passed 10pm that night

I head in one of the stores in MS which sells Christmas ornaments. While I was in that store, I had to get pictures of the Christmas trees since I was doing the Tree Quest. There were a couple of Christmas trees inside the store as well as wreath and garlands.

This might not look like a Christmas tree, but it did had a lot of decorations in it.

After looking in that store, I went back outside and got more pictures of the window displays

More pictures of the MS buildings when I was walking down

It was a little busy at MS that night but it wasnít that crazy like other nights at DL

More window displays in MS

A look at the Disney Clothiers LTD store

Another tree in the window display

I went down the alley towards the locker area and got some pictures of the buildings

Just left the alley and back to the main street of MS

Thatís it for now and I there will be more from MS that night during the Holiday season.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #2569
PrincessInOz
in

Beautiful, Bret. Love all that window display. I particularly loved the look of "snow" on the clothes and stuff.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 12-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #2570
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Beautiful, Bret. Love all that window display. I particularly loved the look of "snow" on the clothes and stuff.

Thank you PiO. Sometimes DL does put out great decorations and merchandise in the window displays.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #2571
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 13

Day 1 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 13

We left off at Main Street where I was about to head on out of the park after a long day. I was walking around MS to get any Holiday decorations while I was exiting the park. Like every year during the Holiday season, all of the buildings are decorated with Christmas decorations.

While I just finished getting pictures of the alley towards the locker area of MS, I now head on back towards MS and get more pictures of the window displays on MS. In the past since I have been going down MS, I donít get the pictures of the window displays. But after seeing pictures from Sherry, Kaoden, and other DISers that have taken pictures of the window displays on MS and other places around the DLR.

Back to more pictures of the MS window displays with the Holiday decorations

Another tree found

Those cakes look delicious

Right at the Emporium store, there was a Finding Nemo advertisement where they put all the advertised movies. In the past, they had movies like Snow White, Brave, Winnie the Pooh, and just keeps going on and on with Finding Nemo 3D just released around that time.

Now I finally get a picture of the gigantic Main Street Town Square Christmas tree which looks great every year with all of those lights and decorations.

I went back to look at the window displays for the Christmas decorations and merchandise. There were Perry the Platypus Holiday merchandise in the window display.

I then head on over to the Disney Showcase store which only sells the Holiday merchandises. During specific seasons at the Disney Showcase store, they will have 2013 merchandise, Halloween merchandise, etc. to match the season. This time it was the Holiday season and just like the merchandise it also has a lot of Holiday decorations.

Some of this yearís Holiday merchandise which is a little different from years past

The Christmas tree inside the Disney Showcase store which was a little blurry

After looking at the Holiday decorations and merchandise at the Disney Showcase store, I was at MS TS about to leave that night. It was not that busy around TS since some people have already left. I could have stayed a little longer that night but I was tired after that driving from Sacramento to Anaheim which was 7 hours of driving down south.

I got a few pictures of the buildings with the Holiday decorations while I was leaving.

MS station which also have some Christmas garlands

Across was City Hall which is always fun to look at during the Holiday season

I head on out of the park around 10:20pm that night and there were a lot of people that were leaving at the same time as me.

Over at DCA, the park closed at 10pm so there was no way to go to that park that night.

I left the esplanade and head on back to BWAI which my DA was resting that night since she didnít have a ticket. She went straight back to BWAI after we finished dinner at the ESPN Zone while watching NBA games that night. After I showered up and on the threads, that was it for that day on Friday the 16th.

This was a great day to see all the new Holiday decorations at CL & BVS. It was very exciting to see all the new decorations for the first time. Most of the decorations are just as I have expected that matches the theme of the lands. My favorite part of seeing the new Christmas decorations DCA was BVS over CL. I do like both lands with the Christmas decorations but I really appreciate the decorations at BVS more that it matched the 1920ís theme. CL decorations are very well done that matches the personality of each character of the movie. The one that I really like the most was Sargeís Surplus Hut with the red, white and blue lighting at the front of the building with the firework Christmas lights.

I got to see BelieveÖ In Holiday Magic firework which is one of my favorite fireworks shows at DL. I got to take great pictures with the firework trails which turned out really well. I got to go around DL that night to get pictures of the Holiday decorations which all the lands that have the decorations are still there.

I still have more pictures taking to do during this trip since there are a lot of lands that I havenít covered yet. We got two more days to get more pictures of the Holiday decorations.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #2572
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Wonderful pics Brett of the X-mas decorations.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #2573
PrincessInOz
in

Really love the XMas decorations and merch. It does look rather different to some of the ones I've seen previously. To me, it seems that the windows and merchandising seems to have a more old fashioned look about it. But that could be me.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #2574
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Wonderful pics Brett of the X-mas decorations.
Thank you Angela.

Quote:
Really love the XMas decorations and merch. It does look rather different to some of the ones I've seen previously. To me, it seems that the windows and merchandising seems to have a more old fashioned look about it. But that could be me.
The window displays on MS always trying to be look old fashion back in the early 20th century. They also have to match the decorations during the time which is important for MS. Disney does a really good job with the decorations that they put in the window displays.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #2575
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 17, 2012 Ė Part 1

Day 2 Ė November 17, 2012 Ė Part 1

During my last part of the TR, my DA and I got to DL later in the afternoon and I was able to go around DCA to see all the new Holiday decorations at BVS and CL. I also got to go to see the Christmas Village at DTD which had the Ice Rink and the little merchandise stands that sells Holiday merchandise. We got to eat at our favorite restaurant at DTD which was the ESPN Zone. Later that night, I got to watch BelieveÖIn Holiday Magic fireworks and got pictures of the firework trails which turned out really well. Then I went around DL to take pictures of the Holiday decorations.

Now it is a new day where my DA will join me and go on some rides that day as well as getting more pictures of the Holiday decorations. This is going to be a very fun day to do a lot of different things that day.

It was day 2 of our trip to DL in November and we woke up early that morning around 6:30am that morning since we are planning on going to DCA when they have the rope drop at 7:30am so we can get in the Radiator Springs Racers FP queue to get FP for RSR. Ever since RSR opened this summer, the FPís for RSR have been gone around 10am when the park opens at 8am. So we wanted to make sure that we would be able to ride RSR that day and not have to wait in the long stand-by queue during the day. I will get to that shortly when we are in the queue for RSR FPís.

After getting all dress up and packing our bags for our days at the park, we start heading on over to the DLR and get in the line at the turnstiles for DCA. We left around 7:00am that morning from BWAI and walked on over to the DLR.

The weather was not that bad that day where it was cloudy like always in Anaheim in the morning and had some blue sky which is very nice to see. There were some people walking down the streets of Harbor Blvd over to the DLR. At least it wasnít that busy that day since most of the people that were going to the park were still sleeping in their rooms or having breakfast since the parks donít open until 8am.

When we passed through security we head on over to the turnstiles at DCA where they were closed that morning. There were some groups waiting at the turnstiles to get in the park that morning to get on RSR first thing or get FP that morning.

Our plan is to get FP that morning instead of getting on RSR first thing. In the past when I went to CL first thing in the morning, sometimes RSR is not running first thing in the morning and wasted time going on the ride when it was down. So this time, we plan on getting FPís for the ride and come back later that day to ride it. Good thing that we did that instead of going on the ride first thing. I knew that half of these people are planning on going to the FP queue and the other half to RSR.

The garlands over the turnstiles is so nice during the Holiday season

It was almost 7:30am and the gates have started to open and it was almost time to go in the park that day.

I also forgot to mention that when my DA won PH tickets through the Coca Cola Contest for CL during the Summer time promotion, the two tickets that she got were not good for upgrading on PH tickets or APís. So she decided that she wonít be getting an AP during this trip which was a little sad for me but we donít know how many times we will be coming back to the DLR in one year time. We do plan on coming back in August during the D23 Expo and another Holiday trip in November or December.

We went through the turnstiles and walked as fast as we can over to the RSR FP queue. The CMís were telling a lot of teens that were running to walk.

We got in the RSR queue and we were not that far in the queue with about 20 people in front of us which is not that bad but also they must have their party members tickets so it is around 30-50 people in front of us with tickets. We had about 25 minutes to wait until the park opens at 8am.

There were a lot of people at the line to get into CL that morning. It was close to the backside of GRR where the line is to enter CL.

A look at GRR from the back side

The two of us waited in the FP queue until it was time to get our FPís at 8am. I was on my iPad reading the threads and ESPN while my DA was reading her book. It was a little cold that night but it was just a little cloudy that morning.

It was 8am and the park was now officially open. The RSR CMís have the rope area and now are taking the guests over to CL while some of us are still in the queue for RSR FPís.

That is a lot of people walking on over to CL

We were still at our same spots when the park opened and this was typical when it was time to go through the queue to get the FPís. It did took about a few minutes until we finally started moving to the FP machines which was at the former Itís Tough to Be a Bug area which was also the character meet and greet in the past.

We got our FPís and it was really early that morning around 8:45am to 9:45am. It was early that morning to get on RSR but I knew that it would most likely be down until later that morning.

After getting the FPís for RSR, we passed by the entrance of CL and see what it was like that morning. When we looked down, there were a lot of people close to Town Hall and I knew that it was either closed or a lot of people head on over in that direction to ride RSR.

We decided not to go to CL for any of the rides since it will be really busy that morning at RSR, LFT and MJJ. So we head on over to GRR to get FPís for WoC. I am a big fan of the nighttime shows at DL which includes WoC, the fireworks, and F!. I really like WoC during the Holiday season is that they have the special Holiday segment.

While walking around PP and towards GRR, it was really like a ghost town while most of the people were over at CL. I knew that we would get our color selection that day since you have to be there first thing in the morning to get the first show and the first color which is blue.

At GRR FP machines, we gave our ticket and AP to the CM and we got the blue section as expected that morning.

After getting the FPís, we decided to head on over to PP and do our favorite ride which is Mickeyís Fun Wheel or other DISers like Sherry E would call it Mickeyís Fun Wheel of Death, Doom, etc. I always like to go on MFW or MFWoD to get aerial photos of the DLR where you donít see too much of it.

It was not that busy when we passed by the Little Mermaid ride which is a walk-on during anytime of the day except fin the afternoon which it can be as long as 15-20 minutes max.

I still have the quests to do during the Holiday season and I got another one on the light pole right by the restroom area of PP.

We now were walking up the bridge heading on over to PP. We passed by Treasures in Paradise which is Duffy meet and greet area with Holiday decorations.

Canít forget the giant wreath in the meet and greet area

The tree at PP looks great every time I see it with all those ornaments that had hidden Mickeyís in them.

Mickey meet and greet area was empty that morning.

While we were walking down PP and passed through California Screamin and Toy Story Midway Mania, it looked like a ghost town in this area. I have never imagined in years that PP would be this empty when the park opens at its schedule time. In the past this land is the one that most of the people head on over to first thing in the morning and go on rides like TSMM and CS. But this time there were a few people in the area and it might be that TSMM might not have any people on the ride. So we head on over to see what the wait time was like at TSMM. I had a hunch when we were walking down towards TSMM that it was going to be a walk-on.

When we got over to TSMM, I would never imagine that TSMM would not have any people and it would be a walk-on. My DA and I were completely shocked that there was no one in the queue and it was a walk-on. This made our decision easily and go on TSMM before riding MFW.

If you are reading this post TK even though you are on vacation with your family at WDW during the Holiday season, you would never imagine seeing TSMM empty that morning. I know that you would keep going on that ride over and over until you are tired. I would say that you would have ridden it over 5+ times without any waiting time that morning.

We went on TSMM and didnít have to wait a minute to get on the ride. We were both happy that we didnít have to wait that long that morning to ride TSMM.

Through the ride, I was hoping to get a good score on TSMM. During the ride, we unlocked the plate toss scene which the mountain opens and shoot out plates as well as the ring toss where Zurgís mouth opens. I was excited to open the two secret target spots during the ride.

We had fine scores which I had 256,800 while my DA scored a personal best on TSMM with 117,900 points.

I was the high score in the vehicle and the best during the hour and today. But I knew that it wouldnít last that long where someone would have a better score. I also saw that someone had 604,500 points which is an outstanding score.

After we exited the ride and looked back at the queue of TSMM which was still a walk-on that morning. But we decided to head on over to MFW instead of riding it. I know TK you would have said that I should have gone on back on TSMM but we always like to do other attractions than going back and back of the same attraction.

0 minute wait time to ride TSMM which is something you will not see too often

We passed by TSMM and over to MFW. But that will be another time on the trip report. The next post will be part 2 and it will be from MFW or MFWoD.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 12-30-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #2576
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

OK! All caught up again finally! Looks like you had a great first day!

Your pictures are spectacular!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #2577
PrincessInOz
in

WOW! Industrious morning so far. FP for RSR, WoC and walk-on at TSMM...and all before the Mickey's Fun Wheel.

Nice pics of the morning. Loving all the Christmas decorations!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #2578
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Wow! I can't believe that there was no one in line at all for TSMM! Honestly, if I had seen that I probably would have assumed that the ride was down and just walked past it. It wouldn't have occurred to me that the ride was running but that there was no one there!

It's so interesting the way things have shifted at DLR - especially in DCA - over the years. Remember how people used to race back to TSMM as soon as the rope dropped (there was even the strategy to line up by GRR as a faster route to get to TSMM and beat the crowds, for example)? I know you remember how long the line for TSMM was 4-1/2 years ago when it opened.

And then take the Little Mermaid ride too - when it first opened the lines were crazy. It didn't take long, though, for the lines to die down. There was no one in line for it when I passed by it on my trip this month. I think people got tired of that ride very quickly, whereas TSMM hung on to its popularity for a much longer time.

But now Cars Land and Buena Vista Street have stolen the spotlight away from everything else. I wonder how long it will take for the novelty of CL to wear off - or, will it be forever crowded, until the end of time, like Fantasyland is in DL?

Mickey's Fun Wheel of Doom, Terror, Mayhem, Torture - take your pick! Any of those will do! You are a brave soul to go on it!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #2579
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
OK! All caught up again finally! Looks like you had a great first day!

Your pictures are spectacular!
Thank you Alison

Quote:
WOW! Industrious morning so far. FP for RSR, WoC and walk-on at TSMM...and all before the Mickey's Fun Wheel.

Nice pics of the morning. Loving all the Christmas decorations!
That was a crazy morning where we got our FP's for RSR and WoC. The most surprising was TSMM which only had a 0 minute wait time which you will never see too much just like DHS where it is all filled up when the park opens.

Thank you PiO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Wow! I can't believe that there was no one in line at all for TSMM! Honestly, if I had seen that I probably would have assumed that the ride was down and just walked past it. It wouldn't have occurred to me that the ride was running but that there was no one there!

It's so interesting the way things have shifted at DLR - especially in DCA - over the years. Remember how people used to race back to TSMM as soon as the rope dropped (there was even the strategy to line up by GRR as a faster route to get to TSMM and beat the crowds, for example)? I know you remember how long the line for TSMM was 4-1/2 years ago when it opened.

And then take the Little Mermaid ride too - when it first opened the lines were crazy. It didn't take long, though, for the lines to die down. There was no one in line for it when I passed by it on my trip this month. I think people got tired of that ride very quickly, whereas TSMM hung on to its popularity for a much longer time.

But now Cars Land and Buena Vista Street have stolen the spotlight away from everything else. I wonder how long it will take for the novelty of CL to wear off - or, will it be forever crowded, until the end of time, like Fantasyland is in DL?

Mickey's Fun Wheel of Doom, Terror, Mayhem, Torture - take your pick! Any of those will do! You are a brave soul to go on it!
I have never imagined in a million years that TSMM queue is a walk-on when the park officially opens at its specific time. Just like you said that I have seen no one in the queue when the ride was down. At first I thought the ride was down that morning but that was not the case where there was barely anyone in that area.

Ever since DCA added CL during the summertime, everything is so different from the past where everyone heads on over to DL first and later go to DCA when it opens at 10am. Now that both parks open around the same time at 8am, 9am, 10am, etc. which makes a big difference when you go to the parks. I remember those days where we go to DL first thing in the morning when it opens at 8am, then we head on over to DCA around 9:30am to get to DCA to get the FP for WoC and be at the rope off area for TSMM or MFW which we would do instead. I do remember when we had to wait around by GRR to head on over to PP before the rope drop which was so busy during that time.

I remember so well when TSMM first opened in 2008 where the lines would go as far as the other side of the walk way which the wait time was at least over 1 to 2 hour wait. The wait time for TSMM at DCA is still long during the busy hours and it is completely different with CL taking most of the guests that morning and leaving TSMM empty.

The Little Mermaid ride was just insane during its opening day last year and now all of a sudden the wait time is just a walk-on. I wonder what the wait times was like when the Little Mermaid ride at the MK that just opened earlier this month. I would guess that it will be long because that it is the MK and it gets more visitors than DCA. LM ride is barely getting any guests to go on it while TSMM will always be a ride that people will go on. The DHS TSMM still gets the 1+ hour wait time which is crazy. Luckily we have the DCA version where I don't have to wait in that long line at DHS.

CL and BVS has taken the spotlight of DCA where PP is now like a ghost town in the morning where it will be busy at night with WoC. It will be a long time until the novelty of CL to wear off since it is new and there are big Cars fans that want to see the town that they have watched from the movie. I know that RSR will still have long wait times and it will be nice when the wait times come down where we will not have to wait an hour plus to get on the stand by queue.

I believe you call it Mickey's Fun Wheel of Doom in the past on my TR and yours. So it is MFWoD where you would call it. You already know that I am terrified of heights and will brave it to get those great pictures of the DLR from MFWoD.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #2580
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 17, 2012 Ė Part 2

Day 2 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 2

During my last part of the TR, my DA and I were in DCA that morning and collecting a lot of FPís which was RSR and WoC for the 8pm show. We got to ride TSMM which was a walk-on. I was completely shock to see that TSMM queue was a walk-on with about 20 to 30 minutes when the park opened that morning at 8am. It was a bizarre day of seeing that and we had a great time riding TSMM.

We just got off TSMM and looked at the queue of TSMM that was still a walk-on. We were considering going back on TSMM that day, but we donít like to go on the same ride back to back. So we skipped that ride and head on over to MFW where I like to get aerial photos of DCA and the rest of the DLR.

It was so empty that day where it was walkable while places like CL is busy that morning with most of the people over there.

A look at TSMM queue while we were walking on over to MFW

Never imagined that there is no one in the queue for TSMM that morning

I knew that MFW will be empty that morning since everyone is over at CL. Even in the past when everyone heads on over to TSMM when the park opens at 10am at its original time during any season, MFW barely gets anyone in that area. So we knew that it was going to be a walk-on for MFW.

When we got over to MFW, as expected that there was no one in the non-swinging and swinging queues. So my DA and I head on over to the non-swinging since we are not big fans of the swinging gondola. I have ridden the swinging gondola in the past and I donít like it the swinging a lot. I like to go on the non-swinging gondola to take pictures of the DLR. I really like taking pictures when Cars Land was under construction from the summer of 2009 till the summer of 2012. The Little Mermaid ride, Paradise Pier viewing area which is the area to see WoC, the Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta & Paradise Garden Grill eating area. It took over 3 years for the back side of the former Lion King parking lot into the new Cars Land. I donít too many websites that shows pictures from MFW and I still like to get aerial photos even with the new lands have been completed. A lot has changed ever since 2008 and it is finally completed after all of these years. I still ride MFW and get those aerial photos of the DLR.

Here are pictures from MFW from the non-swinging gondola. I have used the 55-200mm lens since I can get close up pictures of the buildings, rides, people, etc. I didnít use the 35mm since it would show the safety fense on the gondola.

A look at Silly Symphony Swing

Soarin and Space Mountain at DL

Matterhorn Mountain. You can also see the Christmas tree at DL MS TS on the right hand side

A look at Cadillac Range of RSR. I was looking to see if they were running RSR that morning when we were in MFW. I would assume that RSR would be running that morning. But we will wait and see when we see the racers on the track.

Grizzly River Run

There were racers on RSR and all of a sudden I didnít see anyone in the cars. So I knew that RSR was down that morning and it was a good thing that we didnít go on it first thing in the morning.

Here is a good tip for people that want to ride RSR in the morning. If you are at the park first thing in the morning that is not during an Early Entry to the park before the rope drop, I would get the FPís first thing and go on the ride later since RSR might not be running first thing. I have heard and experienced this in the past with RSR that it is not for sure that it will be up and running. You can take a chance to see if it is running that morning and hope that it running and get to ride it or be in a long line just to get on it while you could do other things that day.

I still donít see anyone on the cars

A look at the Cozy Cone

Materís Junkyard Jamboree

Radiator Springs Town Hall and Ramoneís House of Body Art and you can see the Holiday decorations from MFW

Floís V8 Cafť, Curios Shop and Luigiís Casa Della Tires with the Holiday decorations

A look at the PP Christmas tree from MFW

After we got off MFW, the queues for the swinging and non-swinging were picking up that morning where there were about 5-8 people waiting to get on the ride.

When we exited, we started to head on over to our next destination which was Soarin. We always like to ride Soarin when we are at DCA. I was fortunate to ride Soarin at EPCOT during my October/November trip to WDW.

While walking down towards PP and over to our next destination, TSMM started to pick up with some people in the queue. Now TSMM started to get some people in the queue and it was about a 5 minute wait to get on the ride which is still a great time to ride it. But my DA and I decided to go on over to Soarin since we have rode it that morning.

Just a 5 minute wait which was amazing.

Thatís it for this post from PP and I will have more from that morning at DCA.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: