Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #241
amamax2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 856

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I tried to get a reservation at Le Cellier at EPCOT, but when I called around 7am exactly 180 days out for my ADR. They said there was nothing available. I was kind of shock to hear that there was no reservation available on that day. Than when I do the next day at EPCOT and got up earlier around 5am, once again there was nothing available. I don't know what I have to do to get a reservation at Le Cellier.

You are right that people do cancel at the last second and some walk up person can get in the restaurant without getting a reservation. I would like to do more dinner plans during my trip at the WDW resort, but I would prefer to eat more off property and save more money during my trip so I can use to buy merchandise. I definitely will write it down on my TR about each different restaurant.
When I was doing my research for our trip, I found out that if you are staying on-site, you can make ALL your reservations 180 days out from your first day...so you could book Le Cellier 185 days out if it was for your 5th day at the parks. So that is how they can be booked already. I read that Le Cellier and Cinderella's Royal Table are the hardest to get.

We went in Sept during free dining, otherwise we NEVER would have eaten at all those expensive places, so I completely understand.

We had early, early breakfasts at Tusker House, Crystal Palace, and I can't remember right now the third. We also had lunch/dinner at Tutto Italia and Tony's Town Square. We ended up canceling all of our other ADRs - it was just way too much food - we are not that big of eaters, lol. But we thought all the food was excellent and the CMs were great at the character breakfasts about making sure all the characters went to each table. At Tusker House, at the table next to us, their camera battery died just as the characters were coming to our section. The mom ran out somewhere and got new batteries, but meanwhile, two of the characters had gone by and to another section of the restaurant. But when a CM heard the story, she had those characters come back so the family could get pictures.
amamax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:03 AM   #242
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by amamax2 View Post
When I was doing my research for our trip, I found out that if you are staying on-site, you can make ALL your reservations 180 days out from your first day...so you could book Le Cellier 185 days out if it was for your 5th day at the parks. So that is how they can be booked already. I read that Le Cellier and Cinderella's Royal Table are the hardest to get.

We went in Sept during free dining, otherwise we NEVER would have eaten at all those expensive places, so I completely understand.

We had early, early breakfasts at Tusker House, Crystal Palace, and I can't remember right now the third. We also had lunch/dinner at Tutto Italia and Tony's Town Square. We ended up canceling all of our other ADRs - it was just way too much food - we are not that big of eaters, lol. But we thought all the food was excellent and the CMs were great at the character breakfasts about making sure all the characters went to each table. At Tusker House, at the table next to us, their camera battery died just as the characters were coming to our section. The mom ran out somewhere and got new batteries, but meanwhile, two of the characters had gone by and to another section of the restaurant. But when a CM heard the story, she had those characters come back so the family could get pictures.
Thx amamax2. I knew that if you stay on-site you can book early before the non-site guests could. I thought there would at least be a few times available late at night or during lunch. Le Cellier and Cinderella's Royal Table are one of the most popular restaurants at the WDW resort and can book very quickly. I'm kind of disappointed of not to get a reservation at Le Cellier during my trip, I'm hoping that I can get a last second walk up at the restaurant during my trip.

That is a lot of ADRs during your trip. I think the most ADR that I did on my trips to WDW was the first year when I went to WDw in 1996. I believe it was 5 reservations at very nice restaurants. I know that one of them was Chef Mickey's character breakfast and California Grill all at the Contemporary hotel. That was nice of that CM to tell the characters to go back to the family after getting new batteries for their camera.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #243
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Bret, do you recall how the characters cycled through? Did they all break at the same time? How long did it take them to make the circuit? If we get there early will we need to wait for them to come out?


Yes LTT is Liberty Tree Tavern. It's really odd because it's like a house with different rooms of tables.
Since the Plaza Inn was not that very crowded (I would say about half of the restaurant was full during that morning) the characters came back at least two times during that morning. Most of the characters that I saw during that day came back to my area for a second time to greet more guests. I would say around 15 minutes for them to come back to the other side of the restaurant. Some of the characters go to different area at the restaurant and meet up with each other for group pics. Remember that it was raining that day and all the characters were inside the restaurant. I don't know if the characters will be out there at exactly 7am, but when I got to the restaurant at 7:20am they were already out greeting the guests.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #244
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Bret that is a really good point about the rain. I wonder how the Charater Interactions work when they have to go to tables outside too? Could spread them thin.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #245
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Bret that is a really good point about the rain. I wonder how the Charater Interactions work when they have to go to tables outside too? Could spread them thin.
I would think that the characters around the restaurant will be spread thin and the interactions with the guests is very little when there is so many guests during breakfast.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #246
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

That settles it, I'll have to eat there on a rainy day.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #247
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,589

Just less than two days away till my trip to the Holiday season at WDW. Even though I am excited to go to WDW, I'm missing DL so much even though I was just their two weeks ago.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #248
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Just less than two days away till my trip to the Holiday season at WDW. Even though I am excited to go to WDW, I'm missing DL so much even though I was just their two weeks ago.
Will you miss DL when you arrive at MCO?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #249
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Will you miss DL when you arrive at MCO?
No question, every year I go to DL this is the week that my DA and I go during the Holiday season. This will be the first time in 6 years since I will not be at DL for my birthday trip. I am excited to go to WDW during the Holiday season, but this is something new for me and it should be great.

I'll try to do my TR as best as I can during my visit. I will keep posting pics during the trip and hope you DISers keep track of it. At least you can look at the updates on my signature and on this thread. I have also change part of my plan for my TR. When my DA and I get to Orlando and check-in at the Sheraton Vistana Resort, we will head on over to CityWalk at Universal Orlando and have dinner at NBA City. I decided not to go to EPCOT when we get there and I would go by myself.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #250
amamax2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 856

Bret,

In case I don't make it back onto the boards before you leave tomorrow...

Have a fantastic time! I'll be following your TR and can't wait to see pictures and hear about your experiences there with the Holiday decor.
amamax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #251
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,919
DISboards Moderator

I echo what amamax2 said, Bret - my next few days are going to be crazy, so I may not be able to get on the DIS too much between now and Sunday.

Have a wonderful WDW trip!!
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #252
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by amamax2 View Post
Bret,

In case I don't make it back onto the boards before you leave tomorrow...

Have a fantastic time! I'll be following your TR and can't wait to see pictures and hear about your experiences there with the Holiday decor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I echo what amamax2 said, Bret - my next few days are going to be crazy, so I may not be able to get on the DIS too much between now and Sunday.

Have a wonderful WDW trip!!
Thank you amamax2 and Sherry.

I will keep updating my WDW TR and while I am at WDW waiting for the shows or at the resort resting up, I will always read the DL thread and see how everything is going. I like all of your pics amamax2 during your short trip to DL and hope to see more one day. Have a great trip to DL this week Sherry and with Liza (funatdisney). I will keep track of your TR while I am at WDW and thank you for subscribing to my TR.

Can't believe I'm just less than 24 hours until I leave from SMF than to LAX and get to MCO around 4pm eastern time.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #253
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Well Bret try not to miss DL. Try to forget about it the best you can and enjoy where you are.

I'll admit particularily when I go to the MK, I feel wierd when I through the tunrstyles. One through the tunnels the whole park feels off, it's confusing. Consequently I'd rank if 2 or 3 of the WDW parks because for me it's not a good copy of DL.

Don't worry I'll keep up with your WDW TR. Have Fun!
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #254
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Well Bret try not to miss DL. Try to forget about it the best you can and enjoy where you are.

I'll admit particularily when I go to the MK, I feel wierd when I through the tunrstyles. One through the tunnels the whole park feels off, it's confusing. Consequently I'd rank if 2 or 3 of the WDW parks because for me it's not a good copy of DL.

Don't worry I'll keep up with your WDW TR. Have Fun!
I will always like DL and I am very looking forward to WDW.

When I get off the monorail or the ferry at the MK, it feels so exciting to get to the MK every time I go. But I still like DL entrance of just walking up to the entrance instead of spending more extra time walking up to the parks entrance at WDW.

I know that you will keep track of my TR on the WDW side and this TR will be better than my March/April TR.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #255
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,589

I can't believe it is tomorrow and I will be over at the other side of the continent to enjoy the Holiday season at WDW. I'll keep updating my WDW thread and show up on my thread.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: