Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #2476
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

I love seeing what's in the Gallery, it's one of my favorite stops.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #2477
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Nice pictures - I especially love seeing what's in the Gallery!

I think that your WDW trip will be a nice, refreshing change of pace. It's good to mix it up a bit every now and then. You've been to DLR so much in the last couple of years, so I think that a nice WDW trip for Halloween and the Food & Wine Festival will be great!

Speaking of Halloween, I mentioned this in my TR earlier this morning - do you have Time Warner Cable? They ran a show on their local TW channel (for me, it's 101, I think) early this morning about Halloween Time and the MHP at DLR, as well as a little bit about Knott's Scary Farm/Halloween Haunt (but mostly it was about DLR). Oddly, they interspersed footage from last year's Halloween Time festivities (like the Villains photo spot and the gingerbread centerpiece in HMH) with footage from this year's festivities (like the Conjure Up a Villain tent and the Carnival).

Anyway, I don't know how often - if at all - Time Warner will run this show, but if you happen to have TW, look for the show! It was called something like "Theme Parks Halloween" or something with Theme Parks and Halloween in the title.
Thank you Sherry. The Crowning Achievements at the Gallery was very nice.

It is very nice to do a change of pace of switching from the DLR to WDW during the Halloween season. I still like the Halloween season at the DLR, but it is good to look at different things than the same thing over and over again. So this will be very interesting to see the Halloween decorations and the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT. If you haven't been to my WDW thread lately, I have updated with a new itinerary for my trip. We will be doing a event during the Food and Wine Festival called "Party for the Senses". We are looking forward to this event and I will be getting a lot of pictures of the food.

I don't have Time Warner Cable. I have Comcast Xfinity cable. That is very neat that there was a show talking about the Halloween Time at the DLR and Knott's Berry Farm. It would have been nice to see it this morning, but I was just watching football all day today.

Thank you for mention about that show that you saw this morning. Maybe I Xfinity will have it somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Another nice set of pictures and a wonderful recap of your morning. I wish I lived closer so that I could visit more often and have the luxury of just meandering around taking pictures. How fantastic that you get to do that and I get to sit here and enjoy your pictures.

That standby time for ST is very short. I hope it is like that for my day there.
Thank you PiO. It's fun to take a lot of pictures while I am walking down the parks and figure out where I was during the day and what I have done.

It just shows you how much one year makes a difference when ST opens in 2011 and there is barely a queue today. I would assume that the wait time for ST should be around that time in the morning and around 20 in the afternoon and night when you go to DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
I love seeing what's in the Gallery, it's one of my favorite stops.
Glad that you are enjoying the pictures from the Gallery.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #2478
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – August 15, 2012– Part 11

Day 3 August 15, 2012 Part 11

We left off at Tomorrowland where I have re-enter DL just while I was at Disney California Adventure. I was just in the Disney Gallery to see the Crowning Achievements exhibit of the art work of the Disney Magic Kingdom parks from all around the world. It was nice to see all of those art works at the Gallery. Now I am going around the park getting last second picture until it was time to head on back to the hotel and meet up with my DB and V to go back home to Sacramento. It was a nice day to finish up the trip at DL.

I was in TL going around the park taking last second pictures and I had to get pictures of the Matterhorn which is something I always like to see from the TL side.

At the Matterhorn, there were Mountain Climbers on the Mountain that morning.

After looking at the Matterhorn with the climbers from the TL side, it was time to head on back to the room since we had to check-out of the room around noon and I want to have some time to leave SoCal and beat the traffic. Since it is during the weekday that we were leaving which was Wednesday. The park was getting busy that day, but I wasnt being there too long.

A view of the Matterhorn coming from MS Hub

A few pictures on the way out of the park that day.

As always when I am around the Hub, I had to get the flowers for Deej

Now heading on out of the park down Main Street

When I got to MS Town Square, it started o pick up with most of the guests going to the characters around Town Square.

A look at City Hall

The MS Station

When I went through the turnstiles and back at the esplanade and about to head on out, there were quite a number of people that were entering the park around 10am that morning.

Now leaving the esplanade and heading on back to Best Western Anaheim Inn hotel to meet up with my DB and his GF.

It was around 10:20am when I left the esplanade and got back to the hotel around 10:25am. When I got back they were all resting up and were waiting to go back home to Sacramento.

So we packed up all of our stuff at the hotel and left BWAI around 11am. But before we left Anaehim and on the way over to Livingston to meet up with our grandmother, my DB and V wanted to eat at a restaurant in Anaheim called California Fish Grill. It is a seafood restaurant that V has been going to a lot when she went to school in Irvine. So we had lunch over there that day. The food was really interesting and quite good for an all seafood restaurant.

After we had lunch, we head on back to Livingston and met up with our grandmother and had dinner that night. It did take a while for the three of us to get to Livingston since we did hit a busy traffic just before we left SoCal. Its almost like I never seen one time where there is no traffic going on home to Sacramento. When we finished dinner, we head on back home to Sacramento and got home around 10pm that day. And this concludes Im Racing Back to Cars Land with Bro and his Girl in Tow!

This was a nice trip where I got to spend it with my DB and his GF. Even though they didnt go multiple days as I was hoping for, we did get a lot of done in one day and I also to spend more three days in the park looking at the new Cars Land and Buena Vista Street during the regular days while I have seen it during an Annual Pass preview.

I got to do some of the goals that I wanted to do during this trip which was ride the Red Car Street Trolley and get to see Storytellers Hub statue in BVS. I got to see the Red Car Street Boys and Instant Concert show which were entertaining shows at DCA. I got to go back to CL and get to ride RSR which was great, but I still love going during the AP preview back in June with my DA.

We got to ride the new Matterhorn with the new bobsleds. Even though the new bobsleds are nice looking, I dont like them a lot since they are tight and you can barely bring a bag on the ride. We must have went on about 10 rides that day on Tuesday where we got on most of the good rides. The only ride that I was trying to get them on was Luigis Flying Tires, but the wait time was just too long and they didnt want to wait that long.

We got to eat at a lot of different restaurants at the DLR which I havent done in quite some time and some that I wanted to try when I didnt have the opportunity to do on the last trip. We got to eat at Jazz Kitchen, Flos V8 Café, and Wine Country Trattoria. Two of the restaurants that I havent eaten in a long time and I also got to eat at Flos which I was looking forward to. But it was a little disappointing of the food at Flos during lunch time. I did read that people like the food at Flos, but I wasnt one of those people during that day.

Also during the trip, I re-upgrade to the Premier Annual Pass which will be good for both the Disneyland Resort as well as Walt Disney World. It did costs a lot of money just to get the Premier from the Premium, but getting the Premier Annual Pass helps a lot for our upcoming trip to WDW.

This concludes Im Racing Back to Cars Land with Bro and his Girl in Tow! on August 13th to 15th, 2012. Now we are only 3 days away till Boo to You&and Food & Wine Too! trip to WDW with some of my family members. The dates will be October 26th to November 2nd, 2012. We will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort which I have stayed the last two trip to WDW (Dec. 2010 & Dec. 2011). You can go to my WDW TR thread for my upcoming trip and read all the latest updates when I leave in a couple of days. Boo to You...and Food & Wine Too! - October 26 to November 2, 2012

The next DL trip will be on November 16th to 18th, 2012 during the Holiday season. I will be going to the Holiday season with my DA like I have done over the years at DL. Mostly I go in December but the last two years, I have going in November since I was at WDW in December. This year, I have basketball season and have to move it in November since I won't miss any basketball games like I have done the last two years. Also I get to see the Holiday decorations way before December. I will get back to this trip report after I get back from WDW in early November. Just 2 weeks after I get back from WDW on Nov. 2nd, I will be heading back to DL during the Holiday season.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 10-24-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:40 AM   #2479
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Nice wrap up Brett. Love the Matterhorn pics. Have fun in WDW!

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #2480
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Great way to finish this TR Bret. Looking forward to reading about your WDW one....not long to go now.

See you real soon!!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #2481
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Woo hoo! Nice finish. Now onward to WDW for Halloween fun!

Bret, I don't know if you noticed, but I mentioned it twice in the Christmas Superthread that I picked this week's theme (DLR Christmas trees) specifically so you could participate in it. I had originally intended to use another theme for this week - I have all the themes mapped out way in advance, and I have specific reasons why I choose certain themes to fall in certain weeks. (It's all very carefully thought out and planned!)

But then I realized that you would be at WDW for the next Theme Week Monday (10/29), and you may still be recovering/getting back to your usual routines after your WDW trip by the Monday after that (11/5). Assuming you won't have any time to post photos for next Monday's theme while you're having fun at WDW, I wanted to be sure that we got to the Christmas tree theme while you were still around so you could share your photos! You were one of the biggest participants in "Tree Quest" - I just couldn't do that theme week without your contributions!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #2482
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Nice wrap up Brett. Love the Matterhorn pics. Have fun in WDW!
Thank you Angela.

Quote:
Great way to finish this TR Bret. Looking forward to reading about your WDW one....not long to go now.

See you real soon!!
Thank you PiO. Hopefully this trip will be a good one.

Quote:
Woo hoo! Nice finish. Now onward to WDW for Halloween fun!

Bret, I don't know if you noticed, but I mentioned it twice in the Christmas Superthread that I picked this week's theme (DLR Christmas trees) specifically so you could participate in it. I had originally intended to use another theme for this week - I have all the themes mapped out way in advance, and I have specific reasons why I choose certain themes to fall in certain weeks. (It's all very carefully thought out and planned!)

But then I realized that you would be at WDW for the next Theme Week Monday (10/29), and you may still be recovering/getting back to your usual routines after your WDW trip by the Monday after that (11/5). Assuming you won't have any time to post photos for next Monday's theme while you're having fun at WDW, I wanted to be sure that we got to the Christmas tree theme while you were still around so you could share your photos! You were one of the biggest participants in "Tree Quest" - I just couldn't do that theme week without your contributions!
Thank you Sherry. Now it's onward over to WDW for Halloween and the Food and Wine Festival.

I did read your post on the Christmas Superthread after I posted my pictures of the Christmas Trees. I do appreciate about changing your theme when I am at WDW this week.

Maybe if I have some time, I will post some pictures of the next upcoming theme for 10/29. I will always be on my iPad or iPhone checking on how everyone is doing here. I also got to update my trip of what I have been doing. In two weeks when I get back from WDW, it will be time to go back to the DLR for the Holiday season which we are looking forward to the most with CL and BVS being decorated. This is going to be a fun year at DCA and find all those trees, wreaths, etc. decorations this year at DCA.

Thank you Sherry.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #2483
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I just got back from WDW a few days ago during the Boo to You...and Food & Wine Too! - October 26 to November 2, 2012. Right now I have a lot to cover since I will be at DL in less than two weeks which I am getting excited. This past trip was during the Halloween season at WDW including the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT. There is a lot to cover from this trip which the highlights of the trip were from Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and the F&WF at EPCOT. The one that was the best was the Party for the Senses event at EPCOT. It is an event at EPCOT where it is held every Saturday during the festival which lets you try a lot of different food and beverages from each of these different restaurants chefs from WDW and around the world. I also got to meet my favorite chef on the Food Network Robert Irvine. There were a lot of things that I want to tell on this post, but this is just part of an example of what is to come from this past trip to WDW. My last DL trip was in August during I'm Racing Back to Cars Land with Bro and his Girl in Tow! where I went with my DB and his GF to enjoy a nice relaxation trip and get to see CL and BVS.

Now I am planning my pre-trip for November 18-20, 2011 during the Holiday season at the DLR.

Cast: Me Bret 30 and my DA 60

This will be my fifth trip to DL this year (Mar 2-4, Mar 23-25, June 9-12, & Aug 13-15). My DA 3rd trip to DL this year (Mar 2-4 & June 9-12).

My trip is not until the third week of November which is getting close. Right now we are now getting our plans ready for our 2nd Annual Holiday trip to DL in November. This is the 3rd year in a row that I am going to the DLR during the Holiday season in November. In the past my DA and I go to the DLR during the month of December during the Holiday season. Mostly it is for my birthday, but with basketball season starting up in mid to late November, I have missed a lot of games in December the last two years mostly from my WDW trips. So once again, we are going to DL during the Holiday season on the first weekend of the Holiday season (technically it is since the Holiday season starts on the 12th and not on the weekend of the 9th to 11th). The last two years during the Holiday season in November has been great with less crowds and get to see it early is even better than going in December. But I do have missed seeing the Holiday decorations in December like my DA and I have been doing for years. But with everything going on in the world for me and my DA, this was the best time to go during the Holiday season. Our main objective for my DA and myself during that week is to enjoy the Holiday season at the DLR like we always do. Also I plan on videotaping "Believe...In Holiday Magic" fireworks and "A Christmas Fantasy" parade. I was lucky last year that it didn’t rain when I was videotaping both shows. I was considering doing the Holiday Tour at DL, but my DA said that she doesn’t want to do it since we have done it back in 2009. I had no problem with that, but she said that we will do it one day in the future. Like every year during the Holiday season, I will be participating Sherry E Holiday Quest that she started a couple of years ago which was the Tree, Wreath, etc. These quests going around the DLR to look for these specific things are always fun to do and I am looking forward to this year with the new DCA and the new lands at BVS and CL.

I will be driving down from Sacramento to Anaheim with my DA. It is nice to fly after flying on my last trip, but I do bring a lot of bags and camera equipment so it does make sense to drive down in just 7 hours. It just not worth paying the extra money for extra bags and getting a rental car. We will be driving down to SoCal in my DA Honda Civic. We always use my DA Honda Civic since she is so comfortable driving in it. We were able to make it to Anaheim with one stop of gas. We will stop at Livingston (close to Merced) that is always on my way to Anaheim to see my grandmother. Than after we stop at my grandmothers house, than I will head on over to Anaheim. The plan time for us to leave to my grandmothers house on Thursday Nov 15th at night. Then we will leave first thing in the morning on Friday and head to Anaheim. I few leave around 7am, we should be there around noon. I want to have extra time so we can see the new Holiday decorations at Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

We will be staying at Best Westerns Stovall's Anaheim Inn. I have stayed at BWAI a lot these last few years since the hotel is close to the DLR and it is cheaper than staying at Best Western Park Place Inn where it is our favorite hotel to stay at. The reason I selected this hotel instead of getting BWPPI was that it was cheaper and it is only a few hotels down from the crosswalk. My DA didn’t like BW Stovall’s since they AC was so loud and I remember that BWAI had something similar to it. So I hope that she will like this room.

We will be in the park for all three days of the trip and our plan is to come back to Sacramento around noon. We also are planning to upgrade my DA back to the Deluxe Annual Pass like she got last year. The reason that she didn’t renewed her AP this year is that she didn’t go to DL in August with my DB and his GF. Plus she got free one day PH tickets from the Coca Cola game during the CL preview contest. So we will be using one of the tickets and upgrade it to the AP when we get to DL on Friday the 16th. Even though the DAP is $469 we can save some money on the one day PH ticket to the AP which is about $100 off.

Our goal for this trip is to enjoy the Holiday season at the DLR. The main thing is to see the new Holiday decorations at Buena Vista Street and Cars Land. This is something that we have been looking forward to the most ever since BVS and CL have opened this summer. I knew that BVS and CL would get Holiday decorations, but we didn’t know how much until the DLR announced the decorations at the two newest lands. I will be planning on taking a lot of pictures of the Holiday decorations at BVS and CL since this is the first time seeing those decorations. I also plan on watching and videotaping “Believe…In Holiday Magic” fireworks and “A Christmas Fantasy” parade. This also might be the last year to watch those two shows at DL since DL might make these two shows as part of a party event like MHP at DL or the parties at WDW MNSSHP or MVMCP. I won’t like if DL makes these two shows as part of a exclusive event after these shows are part of DL during the Holiday season. But we’ll have to wait and see what it is like next year. It will be bad that I can’t get the DLR hotels since they don’t add there Christmas decorations after Thanksgiving. We are also eating at the Carthay Circle Restaurant during this trip since we didn’t get to eat at that restaurant in June during the preview. So we will be looking forward to eating at the CCR. Plan to see WoC and might see it in the dining area of PP since we are eating at the CCR.

Right now, we are not going to set a plan up until we decided of what we want to do at DL. But here are some plans that we will be doing on this trip.

Friday
When we get to the DLR, I will start the Tree, Wreath, etc. Quest that Sherry E have started and look for any Christmas decorations, treats and merchandise. We will be heading towards DCA to see the new decorations at BVS and CL. I’m still debating on seeing “A Christmas Fantasy” parade that day since I want to see it on Saturday. That will be decided on the day we arrived. I also planned on seeing “Believe…In Holiday Magic” fireworks at 8:45pm. But I am also thinking of not seeing the fireworks that night since we want to watch the Sacramento Kings play the Atlanta Hawks in Sacramento. If we do, we will be watching the game from the ESPN Zone where we like to watch sports games. This will also be another TBD.

Saturday
Go to DL early that morning and go on HMH, IASWH, & SLCB before the crowds pick up later that day. All three of the rides will have Christmas decorations on the ride. I know that it will be a walk on if you do it first thing in the morning since most of the people will be doing the big rides.

We also plan on going back to DCA that day to see more of the Holiday decorations and go on our usual rides. That day we will also be eating at the Carthay Circle Theater and we might get tickets for WoC that night if we don’t go to DCA first thing in the morning to get FP’s for WoC and Radiator Springs Racers. These are all talk right now and they will change when we get closer to the dates.

Sunday
Just like Saturday, I will do the same thing over again and go on the Christmas decorated rides and take pictures of the Holiday decorations. Go on some of my favorite rides if we have the time. This day will be mostly be a photography day of the Christmas decorations.

I will write more about my TR and ask for any advice of what I should do with my time at the DLR during the Holiday season.

Thank you
Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #2484
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Bret -

You know I always appreciate your dedication to the various Quests! You're the best Quest participant because you stick to it and don't give up. I think a lot of other people would have started some Quests and then given up a couple of hours into them.

Anyway, isn't it exciting to know that this year there are all new Quest goals in CL and on BVS? All new trees and all new wreaths to be found! All new window or store displays. It sounds as though the tree/photo spot in the Paradise Pier area is going to be back again, which is good because they need something holiday-ish in that area overlooking the boardwalk. But since Santa is going to be located in the department store on BVS, I guess that there will be characters at the PP location instead of Santa.

There's even a Christmas village at the ice rink in DTD!

I still can't figure out why the hotels are not fully decorated before Thanksgiving. It seems like - since November 12 is the advertised official start date of the season - the hotels should be decorated then too. The whole resort - including the hotels - should be decorated at the same time.

Some folks have said that the GCH tree does not go up until the day after Thanksgiving, while others have claimed that the GCH was decorated on the weekend before Thanksgiving. It can't hurt to look in the lobby when you're there!

This year, because there is so much going on for the holiday season and Disney is really going to promote it, maybe they will make more of an effort to get the hotels ready too.

Last year someone said that the Paradise Pier Hotel Christmas tree was up when the season began on 11/14. I'm heading over to DLR in 6 days (Monday), and I am going to peek into the PPH and see if the tree is there. If it is there, maybe you can dash across the street to the PPH during your trip (if you have time) and get some quick photos of the tree? It's a gorgeous tree in person, but it never translates well in photos. The pictures never seem to capture the blue/green 'glow' of the tree. I would be interested to see if you can manage to get some really good PPH tree photos!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #2485
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Bret,
Your wrap up for the August trip was very nice and well thought out. It sounds like you accomplished a lot of what you wanted to do.

The upcoming trip sounds really nice and you will have a lot of time with your DA to enjoy the parks and decorations.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #2486
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Looks like you have a great trip planned with your DA! I'm depending on you and Sherry to provide my DL/DCA fix for this year.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #2487
PrincessInOz
in

Sounds like you've got another great trip planned. Looking forward to seeing the parks all decorated from your pics.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #2488
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Hi Bret. Like I mentioned to you in my TR, I still have a lot to go back and catch up on around here, but at least now I'm caught up on your current PTR for your upcoming trip.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #2489
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bret -

You know I always appreciate your dedication to the various Quests! You're the best Quest participant because you stick to it and don't give up. I think a lot of other people would have started some Quests and then given up a couple of hours into them.

Anyway, isn't it exciting to know that this year there are all new Quest goals in CL and on BVS? All new trees and all new wreaths to be found! All new window or store displays. It sounds as though the tree/photo spot in the Paradise Pier area is going to be back again, which is good because they need something holiday-ish in that area overlooking the boardwalk. But since Santa is going to be located in the department store on BVS, I guess that there will be characters at the PP location instead of Santa.

There's even a Christmas village at the ice rink in DTD!

I still can't figure out why the hotels are not fully decorated before Thanksgiving. It seems like - since November 12 is the advertised official start date of the season - the hotels should be decorated then too. The whole resort - including the hotels - should be decorated at the same time.

Some folks have said that the GCH tree does not go up until the day after Thanksgiving, while others have claimed that the GCH was decorated on the weekend before Thanksgiving. It can't hurt to look in the lobby when you're there!

This year, because there is so much going on for the holiday season and Disney is really going to promote it, maybe they will make more of an effort to get the hotels ready too.

Last year someone said that the Paradise Pier Hotel Christmas tree was up when the season began on 11/14. I'm heading over to DLR in 6 days (Monday), and I am going to peek into the PPH and see if the tree is there. If it is there, maybe you can dash across the street to the PPH during your trip (if you have time) and get some quick photos of the tree? It's a gorgeous tree in person, but it never translates well in photos. The pictures never seem to capture the blue/green 'glow' of the tree. I would be interested to see if you can manage to get some really good PPH tree photos!
Thank you Sherry. The Quests that you mention these last few years are very fun to do. I am looking forward to getting pictures of BVS and CL for this upcoming trip.

No question that I am looking forward to the new lands at DCA with BVS and CL. This is new to everyone and hasn't been done yet and my DA and I are looking forward to all the decorations at both lands during this upcoming trip. I was glad to hear that the tree at PP wasn't moved and still at its same location.

I remember the ice rink at DTD and will look at that as well. I won't be ice skating at the ice rink since we have limited time during our trip. We do plan on going in DTD during the trip since we will be eating at the ESPN Zone on Friday night to watch the Sacramento Kings play.

This is always confusing me all the time that the DLR hotels are not decorated after Thanksgiving. The hotels should be decorated when the Holiday season starts tomorrow.

If the tree is not up in the GCH for your upcoming trip tomorrow, I will look at the GCH lobby to see if the tree is up. Like you said that it wouldn't hurt to look at the GCH lobby to see if the tree is up or not.

Disney is really promoting a lot for this Holiday season with CL & BVS all decorated during the Holiday season. We'll just wait and see if the hotels are decorated this week.

I haven't been to PPH during the Holiday season since I am not staying there or not at BW Stovall's which is on the way to the DLR. I will wait to hear from you if PPH is decorated. If so or not, I will try to go on over there to see if they have the tree in the hotel. I have seen your pictures of the Christmas tree at the PPH and it looks very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Bret,
Your wrap up for the August trip was very nice and well thought out. It sounds like you accomplished a lot of what you wanted to do.

The upcoming trip sounds really nice and you will have a lot of time with your DA to enjoy the parks and decorations.
Thank you Alison. It was a nice trip in August with my DB and his GF. We did accomplish a lot of things that we wanted to do on this trip.

This is my favorite time of the year to go to the DLR with all the Holiday decorations up and the activities. My DA and I will have a great time this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Looks like you have a great trip planned with your DA! I'm depending on you and Sherry to provide my DL/DCA fix for this year.
Thank you TK. I will do my best of getting all the pictures of the Holiday season at DL and DCA. I will also be looking forward to Sherry pictures too.

Quote:
Sounds like you've got another great trip planned. Looking forward to seeing the parks all decorated from your pics.
Thank you PiO. Hope you will like these pictures while you are enjoying my pictures from my WDW trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Hi Bret. Like I mentioned to you in my TR, I still have a lot to go back and catch up on around here, but at least now I'm caught up on your current PTR for your upcoming trip.
There is a lot to cover from my June and August trip since you didn't want to see them since you want to be surprised. Glad that you had a great trip to DL.

Just less than 5 days away till my trip to DL during the Holiday season.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:33 AM   #2490
PrincessInOz
in

Enjoy the countdown. 5 days!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: