Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #2461
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – August 15, 2012– Part 7

Day 3 – August 15, 2012– Part 7

We left off entering Disney California Adventure that Wednesday morning while I was at Disneyland during the APEE/MM. Now I am in DCA to do my next activity which is to go to Cars Land and do something I haven’t done yet. DO you know what I haven’t done yet at DCA, you can find out on this post where I have planned this but haven’t said anything about it until now. The day was really nice where the park wasn’t that busy as I have thought where DCA would have been crowded during MM. It was a nice warm sunny day where there were clouds in the sky but it was great to go to the park that day after I have went on a few rides and took a lot of pictures. Let’s get back to the trip report and see what I have done that morning at CL.

I was now entering CL and it was semi busy that morning where there were some but it was manageable to walk down the streets. I kept walking down the street until I got to my next destination.

There was a long queue at the Cozy Cone Motel where the guests are getting a picture taken with the Cars characters.

But there wasn’t anyone around the counters at the Cozy Cone.

It was getting busy around the center of Radiator Springs.

Gas Pumps by Flo’s V8 Café

When I passed the Cozy Cone and I was right by Flo’s V8 Café. As for the people that have figured it out at the beginning on the trip report that I haven’t ate at Flo’s V8 Café for breakfast. I did eat at Flo’s the other day with my DB and V during lunch on Tuesday. The food was okay and not all that hyped as I have thought. But now I haven’t gotten the chance to eat at the Café during breakfast. I have planned this breakfast at CL for a while and now I get a chance to eat that morning. I wanted to make it interesting so I didn’t say anything about it in my plans during the pre-trip report. I was only planning on being in DL with MM for 2 hours, but I was in DL for 1 ½ hours due to that I woke up late.

I read about what they were offering at Flo’s V8 Café during breakfast which is standard breakfast food like all the other quick counter restaurants at the DLR. But I wanted to try the food and see if the food will be better than the lunch and I also wanted to eat on the other side of the restaurant which is where Doc Hudson’s Ornament Valley Mechanical Clinic building which is part of the restaurant.

It wasn’t busy that morning where there were only a few people

I got my food which is an American Breakfast which is scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, bacon and a biscut. I was about to try the Brioche French Toast, but I wanted potatoes that morning. Just like the other restaurants at the DLR, the food is almost exactly the same where I get the American Breakfast plate at the River Belle Terrace Mark Twain plate. The only difference between the American Breakfast plate and the Mark Twain plate is the potatoes which Flo’s has small portions of vegetables in the potatoes where the Mark Twain barely has some. I also got an orange juice while I had the American Breakfast plate.

While I was eating inside the restaurant, I got pictures inside the restaurant. This time, it was from Doc Hudson’s side where the other day we were in Flo’s.

When I looked outside from the restaurant, Lightning McQueen is now leaving the meet greet area and a lot of guests are around the area taking pictures of him.

When I finished the breakfast, I got a few more pictures before I left the restaurant.

We can’t forget about the Hudson Hornet trophy case where he has three Piston Cups

After leaving the restaurant, I was now back in Radiator Springs and going around the park to do random picture taking once again. It was not as busy as it was a while ago when I went to the restaurant for breakfast.

That’s it for this post and I will have more from Cars Land that day.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #2462
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Looks like you had a nice breakfast at the V-8 cafe. We enjoy the River Belle breakfast so I'm thinking we'd like Flo's as well. Was it better for breakfast than it was for lunch?

Looking forward to the rest of your time in CL that day.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 04:08 AM   #2463
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Breakfast looks good but I was just going to ask the same question as TK.

And I think that's about the least number of people at CL that I've seen in anyone's pics to date during opening hours.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #2464
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Looks like you had a nice breakfast at the V-8 cafe. We enjoy the River Belle breakfast so I'm thinking we'd like Flo's as well. Was it better for breakfast than it was for lunch?

Looking forward to the rest of your time in CL that day.
The breakfast at Flo's V8 Cafe was not that bad. I would say that it is just about the same as the River Belle Terrace breakfast plate with the scrambled eggs, bacon, and potatoes. The only difference between the two plates is that the potatoes has small chunks of vegetables at Flo's while the River Belle Terrace barely had small vegetables with the potatoes. The breakfast in my opinion was way better than lunch. Maybe because I had high hopes of the food at Flo's and it disappointed me a little bit.

The next post will be up shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Breakfast looks good but I was just going to ask the same question as TK.

And I think that's about the least number of people at CL that I've seen in anyone's pics to date during opening hours.
Just like I said that breakfast at Flo's is good, but I would choose the River Belle Terrace at DL since I like sitting outside watching the River of America during that morning. Looking at the RoA in the morning is more interesting to see than at Flo's.

After one hour when the park opens, it did seem less busy than in the morning.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #2465
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – August 15, 2012– Part 8

Day 3 – August 15, 2012– Part 8

I left off having breakfast at Flo’s V8 Café. I also forgot to say on the last update about the food that I had that morning. The breakfast at Flo’s V8 Café was almost the same as the food as the River Belle Terrace where the potatoes were different. The overall food is okay and something to fill your stomach that morning. I have now done one of the things that I wanted to do at Car Land. Now since I have eaten at Flo’s during breakfast and lunch, my next goal to eat at Flo’s is trying the pies. The day was really nice and the clouds were clearing up that morning. It wasn’t that full that morning where it was crowded when the park opens. Let’s get back to the trip report and see what it look like that day.

I just have finished at Flo’s V8 Café and now walking around Cars Land that morning. I thought about going on some rides at CL that morning, but I knew that Radiator Springs Racers and Luigi’s Flying Tires will have long lines. I wasn’t that interested in riding Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree since I have ridden it during the Annual Pass Preview back in June. So I head on over to RSR and see what the wait time was like that morning. I knew that there was no way I was going to ride it since the wait time would at least be 1+ hour wait time.

When I got to the front entrance of RSR, the wait time for the stand-by queue was at 75 minutes. It wasn’t that bad that morning where it wasn’t a 2+ hour wait time. But 75 minutes is a long time just to get on a ride. I also wanted to see what the single rider queue wait time was at, but it was down and I don’t know how long I would have been in the queue. So I just skipped going on RSR that morning.

After leaving RSR, I started to head on out of CL going towards Pacific Wharf. I really like to go on the backside of Flo’s V8 Café and see the RSR.

Lizzie’s Curious Shop

Now heading on out of CL and looking at Ornament Valley

I now left CL and in Pacific Wharf.

While I was walking down Pacific Wharf, I found a few light fixtures right by the Lucky Fortune Cookery Restaurant

Now passing Ghirardelli’s and Boudin Bakery Tour

Now I am about to head on out of the park and over to DL. I didn’t know why I wanted to go back to DL that morning, but I just felt there were some things I wanted to do back there before I head on back to the room. It didn’t look that busy that morning where there were some people heading on over to Cars Land.

Over at the center of BVS, Five and Dime were playing that morning

I was thinking of watching the whole show, but it was almost over so I just watched a little bit of Five & Dime and head on out of BVS.

When I was exiting the park, I can tell that it was getting busy up at the turnstiles. I was wondering what was going up there or it is just busy with people taking time to get into the park that day.

I saw another filming sign at BVS that day. I still didn’t see any filming crew around BVS that morning and I am still wondering what they were filming that day. I would have guess just like the last time I posted about the filming sign is to promote the new lands at DCA.

One of the Red Car Trolley’s was at the BVS station picking up guests

A look at Oswald’s Gas station sign

So I head on out DCA and now back at the esplanade. That is it for this post and I will have more from the DLR that morning and we are getting closer to the conclusion of this trip.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #2466
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I agree that it is fun to dine at RBT and watch the ROA. Especially if it's the same food.

Great pictures at RSR! It does look like it's getting crowded. SO different exiting through the new BVS.

Looking forward to see what you do with the rest of your morning at DL
Old 10-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #2467
PrincessInOz
in

I love the light fittings that you took at Pacific Wharf. Disney is just so good at these little details, aren't they?

Can't wait to see Carsland in person for myself!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 10-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #2468
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree that it is fun to dine at RBT and watch the ROA. Especially if it's the same food.

Great pictures at RSR! It does look like it's getting crowded. SO different exiting through the new BVS.

Looking forward to see what you do with the rest of your morning at DL
It is so fun eating at the RBT and by the RoA. The breakfast that I had at Flo's is almost exactly the same as the RBT.

Thank you TK. IT was quite getting busy that morning past 9am to 10am.

Quote:
I love the light fittings that you took at Pacific Wharf. Disney is just so good at these little details, aren't they?

Can't wait to see Carsland in person for myself!
Thank you PiO. Disney is really good for getting the littlest details at the parks.

You will have a great time when you see Cars Land in just a short time.

The next post will be up shortly.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #2469
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – August 15, 2012– Part 9

Day 3 – August 15, 2012– Part 9

I have left off at Disney California Adventure and have left the park and back to the esplanade. It was a nice day where it wasn’t that crowded as I have thought at the parks that morning. I did quite a few things that day and now about to head on over to Disneyland before I head on back to Best Western Anaheim Inn to meet up with my DB and his GF since they didn’t have a ticket that morning. I wanted to do get a few pictures before I head on back to the hotel.

I just left DCA and now back in the esplanade and heading on over to DL. It was not that full at the esplanade that morning.

Before I head on over to DL, I head on over to the Guest Relations to go and upgrade my Disneyland Premium Annual Pass to the Premier Annual Pass which is good for the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World. I have owned the Premier AP before in the past which was the last two years since I have went to WDW in December. Originally, I didn’t upgrade my Premier AP in June because I wasn’t on planning on going to WDW which is about 6 days away (I am getting excited these last few days). I really didn’t want to upgrade to the AP originally when we heard that we were going to WDW in July.

When I renewed my AP to the Premium it was only $499 before the Premium jumped to $649. I was fortunate to get the Premium at the old price before the prices of the tickets and AP at DL went up. When I found out later in July that my uncle’s and aunt want to go to Florida, I had a choice of re-upgrading to the Premier just like I have done in the past. But this time, I would have to pay even more to upgrade to the Premier since I have paid for the Premium at the old price of $499. The old price for the Premier was at $749 before the price hike went up to $849 and that doesn’t include tax which Florida does that. Re-upgrading to the Premier from the Premium is almost twice as much of what I have paid for the Premium AP at the old price. I knew what that it was a lot to upgrade, but I also know what the benefits are to have the Premier.

I did plan this before I head to Anaheim for my August trip that I was going to re-upgrade my Premier AP for DL and WDW. So I head on over to Guest Relations right on the left hand side of DL.

Luckily, GR on the left hand side of DL wasn’t that busy. I went up to the GR and I upgraded my Premium AP to the Premier once again. I have upgraded my DL Premium AP to the Premier in the past, but the first time I have done that it was the first year in 2010. I did had a lot of bad times with that Premier AP in 2010 where I was denied entry into the park and wasn’t able to get a FP. Also I had problems using the AP when I was at the stores and restaurants. The CM’s had to ask for their supervisors to get the discount. It did take a while to get the discount. But when they fixed the problems, it was no problem to use the Premier AP at DL and WDW. It was tough times during those early days of the Premier AP.

I got my Premier AP again for the third time and I wanted to see if it will work at the parks.

I head on over to the turnstiles at DL and trying my Premier AP to see if it works. The turnstiles were not that full so it was going to be a quick walk-in.

When I entered the park, it was kind of busy entering MS, but I wasn’t on planning on staying in the park that long that day since we have to leave in the afternoon.

When I was around Main Street Town Square, I needed to go to the Disney Gallery to get more pictures of the Crowning Achievements Creating Castles for Magical Kingdoms. The time I was in there for about 2 minutes wasn’t that long and I barely took any pictures. So this time I plan on getting most of the pictures at the Gallery that morning before I head on out of the park.

Here are pictures from inside the Gallery of “Crowning Achievements Creating Castles for Magical Kingdoms” that day. There were quite a lot of great art work as well as a model of Le Chateau de la Belle au Boise Dormant or in English: The Castle of The Beauty Sleeping in the Wood.

That’s it for this post and I will have more from the Disney Gallery with pictures of the “Crowning Achievements Creating Castles for Magical Kingdoms”
Old 10-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #2470
PrincessInOz
in

Bret - Congrats on being the owner of the Premier AP.

I love those pictures of the castles. They are all so beautiful and I could have spent an hour or so just in that shop admiring each picture. Thanks for taking the pictures so that I can do that from the comfort of my home.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #2471
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Hi Bret,

Your new multiple park annual pass is sweet!! I dream of being able to travel enough to DL and WDW to use one.

I am enjoying the pictures from The Crowning Achievement. Where is this located?

I'm getting excited for your WDW trip too!! I'm very happy you are so generous sharing your adventures with us here on the DIS!

TK
Old 10-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #2472
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bret - Congrats on being the owner of the Premier AP.

I love those pictures of the castles. They are all so beautiful and I could have spent an hour or so just in that shop admiring each picture. Thanks for taking the pictures so that I can do that from the comfort of my home.
Thank you PiO. It was nice to get the Premier AP, but it did cost me about another $400+ just to upgrade from the Premium AP to the Premier. I know that by buying the Premier will help me a lot for my upcoming trip.

Glad that you are enjoying the pictures from Crowning Achievements at the Disney Gallery. You should consider seeing those art works at the Gallery when you go to DL in a few weeks.

Quote:
Hi Bret,

Your new multiple park annual pass is sweet!! I dream of being able to travel enough to DL and WDW to use one.

I am enjoying the pictures from The Crowning Achievement. Where is this located?

I'm getting excited for your WDW trip too!! I'm very happy you are so generous sharing your adventures with us here on the DIS!

TK
Hi TK,

It was nice to re-upgrade to the Premier AP since I will be in WDW in a few days. Maybe one day you will be able to go to DL and WDW in a year and get the Premier AP.

The Crowning Achievement at the Disney Gallery is great. I did miss the Trains of Disney when Crowning Achievement replaced it. But it was nice to see something new at the Disney Gallery. The Crowning Achievement is at the Disney Gallery where the Bank is located right by GMwML.

Thank you TK. I am getting excited since I am only 5 days away till the trip. I'm glad that you are enjoying my trip reports these last few years and this trip will be fun and exciting.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #2473
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – August 15, 2012– Part 10

Day 3 – August 15, 2012– Part 10

We left off at DL where I was in the Disney Gallery building which is the bank and the former Annual Pass Center. I was in the Gallery looking at all the paintings of the Castles from all of the Disney parks from around the world. A lot of them were so unique and some of them are classic pictures where it was neat to see. Back to the Gallery and the rest of the art works of the “Crowning Achievements Creating Castles for Magical Kingdoms”

After going through the Disney Gallery and seeing the “Crowning Achievements Creating Castles for Magical Kingdoms”, I head on out of the Gallery and back to Main Street Town Square. It started to get a little busy that day with more and more people now in the park, but I wasn’t going to be in the park too long.

Before I head on upwards on MS, I saw that “The Voices of Liberty was playing at Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. This is a show which is from EPCOT at the American Pavilion. I thought about going on in there to see the show, but I barely had time that day so I just skipped it.

I now head up towards MS and took more random pictures of the buildings.

It was past 10am that morning and DL started to get a little busy

I just kept wandering around the park like I usually do in the morning getting different pictures. But mostly, I just got pictures of my trails during this last part of the day at the parks.

A look at Astro Orbiter

I head on in towards TL and looked around the area. The one that I was surprised the most was Star Tours wait time was only 10 minutes and the FP return time is short. Just past 10am and it is a walk-on.

After passing Star Tours, I started to head on over towards the Matterhorn. But I will get that on the next update to the post. We are almost about finish with this trip report and I am getting excited for my upcoming trip to WDW in 5 days.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #2474
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Nice pictures - I especially love seeing what's in the Gallery!

I think that your WDW trip will be a nice, refreshing change of pace. It's good to mix it up a bit every now and then. You've been to DLR so much in the last couple of years, so I think that a nice WDW trip for Halloween and the Food & Wine Festival will be great!

Speaking of Halloween, I mentioned this in my TR earlier this morning - do you have Time Warner Cable? They ran a show on their local TW channel (for me, it's 101, I think) early this morning about Halloween Time and the MHP at DLR, as well as a little bit about Knott's Scary Farm/Halloween Haunt (but mostly it was about DLR). Oddly, they interspersed footage from last year's Halloween Time festivities (like the Villains photo spot and the gingerbread centerpiece in HMH) with footage from this year's festivities (like the Conjure Up a Villain tent and the Carnival).

Anyway, I don't know how often - if at all - Time Warner will run this show, but if you happen to have TW, look for the show! It was called something like "Theme Parks Halloween" or something with Theme Parks and Halloween in the title.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #2475
PrincessInOz
in

Another nice set of pictures and a wonderful recap of your morning. I wish I lived closer so that I could visit more often and have the luxury of just meandering around taking pictures. How fantastic that you get to do that and I get to sit here and enjoy your pictures.

That standby time for ST is very short. I hope it is like that for my day there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: