Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #2401
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Catching up.

You really have a nice set of pictures from WoC. Looking forward to more.
Thank you PiO.

The next post will be up shortly.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #2402
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 29

We left off at PP watching the 9pm World of Color which is part way through the show. Now we are in almost at the end of the show which is the sad part, but it was great to watch the end of WoC.

Lion King

Bambi and Flower

Dumbo

Rapunzel and Flynn

Lady and the Tramp

Tiana and Naveen

Beauty and the Beast

Snow White and the Prince

Aurora and Prince Eric

When the show was coming to an end, a CM got in the way of the video and picture shot. I was a little disappointed that he got in the way of the shot, but I have seen the show a lot of times and I wasn’t worried about it.

Can’t forget about Mickey

World of Color finally finished and we can’t forget about the logo at the end of the show.

As always, WoC if a great show and I had a blast. My DB and V were so amazed with the show that it was way better in person then watching it on video. I also got to see some people that had the Glow with the Show Ears during the show and it interacted with the show which was neat. I have video clips of it and it was better than I thought. It would have been neat if I was there during the AP event with all those ears all lite up during the show.

After I put away all my equipment we started to head on out of the park or not. That is it for this post and we will find out what we did next after WoC.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #2403
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Glad that your DB and his GF enjoyed WoC.

Thanks for sharing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #2404
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad that your DB and his GF enjoyed WoC.

Thanks for sharing.
They really enjoyed WoC that night.

Your welcome.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #2405
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 30

We left off finish watching WoC at 9pm. My DB and V were so excited to see WoC in person than from a TV. I was also excited to see the new Brave segment that was part of the show and it was great as well. Now that the show was over, I packed all my camera equipment and now on our next destination.

After we watched WoC, I packed all the stuff and now heading on out of the park just like everyone. Mostly I go through Condor Flats, but with BVS now opened we could go past CL and over to BVS. Speaking of CL, I wanted to show my DB and V the full effects of the lights at CL. They did see the land light up that day, but they haven’t seen them fully when it is dark. So we head on over to Cars Land.

When we got to the entrance of CL, Magical fireworks at DL was running which was at 9:30pm.

Now we are back at CL and seeing all the buildings light up at night.

Fillmore’s house

Sarge’s Surplus Hut

Cozy Cone Motel Sign

Flo’s V8 Café

Lizzie’s Curios Shop

Ramone’s House of Body Art

Over at Luigis Flying Tires, the wait time was 40 minutes which was long that day so we didn’t bother the ride. Iwas hoping to get my DB and V on the ride, but they didn’t want to wait that long to get on LFT.

Now we were at the front entrance of Radiator Springs Racers and see that the wait time was at 90 minutes which is still a long time that day. If DB and V weren’t willing to wait for 40 minutes, you can tell that they didn’t want to wait that long for RSR.

90 minutes in the stand-by queue is not that long during August.

We started to head on out of CL and got a few more pics on the way out.

Luigis Casa Della Tires building

Flo’s V8 Café

It was quite busy at CL that night, but we weren’t going to be in CL too long since we plan on leaving.

Radiator Springs welcome sign

Now we head on out of CL and now going to our next destination. That will be another time on the next report and find out what we did next that night.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #2406
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post

90 minutes in the stand-by queue is not that long during August.

Remind me NEVER to go in August.

Nice pictures at night. Glad that your DB and his GF were happy to go see CL at night.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #2407
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Bret you took wonderful pictures of CL at night. It looks just great with all the neon lighting. Were these with your regular camera?

I'm glad your DB and his GF enjoyed WOC. I bet it was fun seeing the Brave segment added in. So nice that the show can be changed. Plus I really liked Brave the movie.
TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #2408
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Remind me NEVER to go in August.

Nice pictures at night. Glad that your DB and his GF were happy to go see CL at night.
I will remind you not to go in August. Next year, RSR shouldn't be that long and it should be about 30-50 minute wait time next year. When a ride is new like Cars Land, everyone will try to go on that ride.

Thank you PiO. I had to show my DB and his GF the lights at CL at night which is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Bret you took wonderful pictures of CL at night. It looks just great with all the neon lighting. Were these with your regular camera?

I'm glad your DB and his GF enjoyed WOC. I bet it was fun seeing the Brave segment added in. So nice that the show can be changed. Plus I really liked Brave the movie.
TK
Thank you TK. The neon lighting at CL is great just like when I first saw it back in June during the preview. I was using my regular camera and using the Nikkor 35mm lens which I wanted to try that night. The pictures turned out really well as long as I didn't keep on moving.

They really enjoyed WoC. It makes a big difference when you watch it in person then on video. The new Brave segment was really nice and of course is a great advertisement for guests to go see the movie. It is neat that WoC can be changed with new segments or scenes to make the show even better. WoC has evolved over these last two years with new segments. I saw Brave and it was really good, I can't wait to get the Blu-Ray later on.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #2409
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 31

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 31

We left off leaving Cars Land at night after watching the first show of World of Color at 9pm. It was a nice night while we got to see Cars Land with all the lighting effects at night to the fullest which is great. But seeing Cars Land when the lights turn on and playing “Life Could be Dream” song when the lights turn on is more amazing. We decided to head on out of the park and go to our next destination that night. Let’s get back to the trip report and see what we will be doing next that night.

After looking around Cars Land, we started to head on out of DCA and over to DL that night. My DB and V wanted to go on some rides at DL before we call it for the night. It almost seemed when they talked to me that night that they wanted to stay at DL until 11pm when the park closed. Mostly the park closes at midnight, but since it is in mid August, the park will be closing at 11pm one hour earlier than normal days. So we had about an hour to an hour and half an hour to be in the park until it closes at 11pm.

When we were in BVS, the Red Car Trolley was running at night. It was neat to see the Red Car Trolley running at night. But we were heading on over to DL so we had to skip it. That is also something that I will want to do on my DL trip in November to ride it at night and all the way towards the Tower of Terror.

There were a lot of people heading on out of DCA. It is so nice to go out of DCA through BVS instead of going through the back side of Soarin since August of last year.

While we were exiting DCA, Magical fireworks at DL were still continuing. There were quite a number of people on the street of BVS watching the fireworks while a lot of people were trying to get out of the park. Sometimes those people got to think and not block the main road when watching the fireworks since there are people that wanted to head on out of the park that night.

Now passing the exit turnstile at DCA and back to the esplanade

We exited DCA and now heading on over to DL. Most of the people who were in DCA went over to DL while the others went to towards DTD or the bus loading area. It was quite busy tonight to head on over to DL through the turnstiles. The queue to get in was close to the monorail track and that is a long wait time. They only opened a few turnstiles at that time so it did make sense why it was long.

When we got in the park, I knew that it was going to be a long time to get through Main Street since Magical fireworks ended just a while ago. The streets of MS will be crowded with guests that are trying to leave the park or get to their next destination. When we entered DL, they told me that they wanted to go on Haunted Mansion. So I knew that going through MS to NOS would be crowded. So the next best option of going to NOS is by the Disneyland Railroad. Good thing that it was running after the fireworks so we can get on it and don’t have to walk through MS.

When we got up to the station and see down MS that it was really crowded.

It was 9:53pm that night when we were in DL

We only had to wait five minutes until the DLRR showed up which was the C.K. Holliday Engine #1 with Holiday 4 car set. So we boarded the DLRR and on our way to NOS station. This was better to go on the DLRR instead of walking down MS after the fireworks.

When we got to the NOS station, there were a lot of people in the station to get on the DLRR. Luckily for us this was our stop and we head on over to the HM.

When we got to the HM, the queue was a walk on since most of the people around the area started to fill up the queue for the 2nd show of F!. I thought about watching F! that night, but I wanted to be with those two and enjoy some rides before we call it for the night. I have watched F! a lot and when I go back to DL in November, I have to remind myself to watch F! with my Glow with the Show ears since DL also incorporated the same technology just like WoC. So I will be looking forward to seeing F! with the ears.

While we were in the HM at the front door entrance, I got a few pictures of the lights inside.

Now in the elevator going to the bottom of the HM and the stretching portraits

I did try to take some pictures inside the HM while we were in the doombuggies, but the pictures were blurry and I didn’t set the setting right on the ride. The next time I go on any dark rides that I will to make sure I get the setting right.

After getting off the HM, we decided to head on over to Pirates of the Caribbean while we were in the area. NOS didn’t looked that busy on the rides since most of the people headed on over to the River of America for the 2nd show of F!.

At the entrance of POTC, it was a walk-on so we just walked on the ride.

Some light fixtures at POTC

I tried to attempt to take pictures again on POTC but just like the HM, all of my pictures were blurry. I only got one picture on POTC that wasn’t that blurry which was the treasure room.

My DB and V really like POTC. When I compare this one and MK at WDW, DL by far is the better one than the MK. One is that you have the Blue Bayou restaurant when you leave the station which is the restaurant in NOS which is so amazing to eat at. You got two drops at DL which the MK has that one drop. After the 2nd drop, the ride is almost nearly the same at the MK.

When we exited POTC, the 2nd show of F! was already going on so we stayed in the area for awhile until we moved on.

We didn’t stay to watch the rest of F!, so we head on out of NOS and over to the Hub. They wanted to get some pictures of SB Castle. I thought they wanted to get a couple picture in front of SB Castle, but they told me that they wanted to get some pictures of the front of the castle.

When they took some pictures as well as myself, they wanted to head on over to FL and go on some rides. But I will tell you on the next post on which ride at FL that we went on next.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #2410
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

WOW you all are sure making the best use of your day! Looking forward to FL
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #2411
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I love the Haunted Mansion pictures! I know it's really hard to get decent shots inside that ride or in the stretching room, but you did a good job.

I have neither seen Cars Land nor Buena Vista Street at night (in person) yet - Liza and I left DCA before it got dark in June. Your nighttime pictures are really wonderful - and it helps me to envision what both CL and BVS will look like after dark with Christmas lights on! I imagine it will be gorgeous (maybe not as beautiful as Main Street at night during the holidays, but beautiful nonetheless)!

By the way, don't forget your "Boo to You" PTR - someone posted in it several days ago. Did you see that?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #2412
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
WOW you all are sure making the best use of your day! Looking forward to FL
We did a lot that day especially they had a 3 hour break that day. I only had about an 1 1/2 break that day which is something I barely do when I go to DL. I mostly get a 3-4 hour break in the afternoon and come back later that day. I was really tired that that day.

I won't update the next post up tomorrow since I will be working at a toy show Sunday. So we will have to wait until Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I love the Haunted Mansion pictures! I know it's really hard to get decent shots inside that ride or in the stretching room, but you did a good job.

I have neither seen Cars Land nor Buena Vista Street at night (in person) yet - Liza and I left DCA before it got dark in June. Your nighttime pictures are really wonderful - and it helps me to envision what both CL and BVS will look like after dark with Christmas lights on! I imagine it will be gorgeous (maybe not as beautiful as Main Street at night during the holidays, but beautiful nonetheless)!

By the way, don't forget your "Boo to You" PTR - someone posted in it several days ago. Did you see that?
The HM is very nice, but as you know Sherry that the Holiday version is way better in our opinion. The pictures were okay in the HM stretching room. I wanted to get some good pictures during the ride, but the settings were not set up correctly. At least I would know what to do on my upcoming trip to WDW next month which is about a month to go. Time goes by really quickly.

I remember you saying that on your TR that you and Liza left before it got dark at DCA. I knew that you could have stayed longer at DCA and see BVS all light up at night.

BVS & CL look amazing at night. I will also be looking forward when CL and BVS will have their Christmas decorations in a couple of months. It should be nice, but MS at night is just way better unless BVS will go out on the decorations over MS (possibly not).

I haven't went to my WDW PTR lately since there are barely anyone on that thread. I went on it awhile ago. Thank you Sherry.

Now I am having trouble of what time I want to eat at the Carthay Circle Restaurant. I was originally planning on having dinner at the CCR. But after seeing the menu, I thought about eating during lunch. There is just so much to choose from on those menus. I think I would need some help on what time to eat at the CCR and why. I am leaning towards dinner and getting FP's for WoC. But my DA doesn't want to spend a lot at dinner at the CCR. Plus we haven't been in the dining area of PP since we ate at AG on opening week. I still have less then two months to decide, but we will find out these next few days.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #2413
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

I'm finally caught up again, you were able to pack quite a bit into your trip. I love the pirate on the treasure and the castle pics!

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #2414
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
I'm finally caught up again, you were able to pack quite a bit into your trip. I love the pirate on the treasure and the castle pics!
We did quite a lot that day while my DB and his GF only had a one day pass.

Thank you Angela.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #2415
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I also made my reservation at the Carthay Circle Restaurant for my November trip on the 17th and we plan on having dinner at 6:20pm. I went back and forward with my DA if we wanted to have lunch or dinner at the Carthay Circle Restaurant. But my DA said that we should try the dinner first before the lunch. The other thing that we are still debating if we want to get WoC FPs for the viewing area. We will decide on that when we eat at the restaurant that day. I will report back and what we have done that day.

Right now, I am not thinking of the dining at DL while I am concentrating on my dining at WDW next month. I still have a lot of planning to do for my WDW trip.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: