Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #226
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,510

Can't believe I am only one week away till I head on over to WDW for my birthday Holiday trip. I hope you guys read my WDW Trip Dec. 10-17, 2010. I will be doing a live TR and take a look at my pics on my flickr during my trip. Even though I am excited to go to WDW during the Holiday season, the Holiday season at DL is by far my place to be during the Holiday season.

Here are my pics of IASWH on Nov. 19, 2010.


















mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #227
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess
 
Goofy_Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 2,540

Very nice, I got some of the same shots. I'll be sure to share them on my trip report.
__________________
[IMG][/IMG]
Goofy_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #228
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran
 
merrrydeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,001



This picture and all the night time IASWH shots are beauuutiful.
merrrydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #229
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Bret you have some excellent coverage of Small World's Holiday version. Thank you for taking the time to get it all. Inside and Out, night and day!

Last edited by skiingfast; 12-05-2010 at 10:45 AM.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #230
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Bret, have fun at the world. I always go to this thread to find the link on you signature to you WDW thread.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #231
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,510

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Bret, have fun at the world. I always go to this thread to find the link on you signature to you WDW thread.
Thx Matt. I can't believe I am only 5 days away until I am at WDW for the Holiday season. When I leave on Friday, I should be able to update my signature below and put it on the right post of my live TR. I will be taking a lot of pictures like I did on my last trip and I will compare both resort pictures of each land, ride, tree, etc.

Hope you other DISers on this thread will read my live WDW TR.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #232
amamax2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 856

Bret,

I finally finished this - thanks for such a great trip report!!! I love all the pictures and how you tell us how you got some of the shots (night time mode) plus all your descriptions!

I'm heading over to the WDW report now - have a great time! Definitely do a super early morning character breakfast there too - it is the best way to get those great empty park shots! We've only once done a character breakfast here, but did three at WDW! And I think the food was a lot better.
amamax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #233
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,510

Quote:
Originally Posted by amamax2 View Post
Bret,

I finally finished this - thanks for such a great trip report!!! I love all the pictures and how you tell us how you got some of the shots (night time mode) plus all your descriptions!

I'm heading over to the WDW report now - have a great time! Definitely do a super early morning character breakfast there too - it is the best way to get those great empty park shots! We've only once done a character breakfast here, but did three at WDW! And I think the food was a lot better.
Thx amamax2 for reading my TR last month and subscribing to my WDW TR in just less than 4 days.

I wasn't on planning on doing a character breakfast during my WDW trip this week. But after doing the character breakfast at DL during Minnie and Friends, I was considering doing a character breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table or Chef Mickey's. But all of those restaurants during my trip are all full and I can't get in. I know that I need to get in way in advance to get into those popular restaurants. I'm just doing five sit down restaurants during my visit (Coral Reef, Plaza Restaurant, Via Napoli, 2 ESPN Club for Kings game).

I am now considering doing a character breakfast when my family and friends go to WDW next year during the Holiday season in 2011. If we do a character breakfast next year, I would choose Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary hotel. I have stayed at the Contemporary hotel in the past and I have ate at Chef Mickey's and loved it.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #234
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Bret what about Crystal Palace of Akeresh in Norway or Hollywood and Vine in DHS or the place in AK?

I think like you empty park shots of DLR during the rainy morning you could get some with an early ADR there.

Or is more about the characters?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #235
amamax2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 856

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
But all of those restaurants during my trip are all full and I can't get in. I know that I need to get in way in advance to get into those popular restaurants.
Yes, it is hard to get in to most of their restaurants if you don't make reservations way in advance - when we went I got up at 3 a.m. 180 days out to make our ADRs. But it was so worth it to get those empty park shots, lol. It's all about the photo.

And people do cancel. We ended up canceling some of ours once we got there and walking up and getting in, too. So it can happen. Sounds like you have plenty of big meals planned, you'll have to let us all know what you think of the places you eat - none of those are ones we ate at.
amamax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #236
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,510

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Bret what about Crystal Palace of Akeresh in Norway or Hollywood and Vine in DHS or the place in AK?

I think like you empty park shots of DLR during the rainy morning you could get some with an early ADR there.

Or is more about the characters?
The other character breakfast restaurant that I would choose to go to is the Crystal Palace, the other two restaurants are okay. I always wanted to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table when I am in the park but the price is so expensive. I have ate at Chef Mickey's three times during my stay at the Contemporary. I believe the restaurant you are talking about Matt at AK is Tusker House.

It's a possibility to get empty park shots during my trip to WDW. But if I get there early at the parks. I will see if I can get park shots without any guests. One day during my trip, I will get some good shots of the parks without any guests.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #237
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,510

Quote:
Originally Posted by amamax2 View Post
Yes, it is hard to get in to most of their restaurants if you don't make reservations way in advance - when we went I got up at 3 a.m. 180 days out to make our ADRs. But it was so worth it to get those empty park shots, lol. It's all about the photo.

And people do cancel. We ended up canceling some of ours once we got there and walking up and getting in, too. So it can happen. Sounds like you have plenty of big meals planned, you'll have to let us all know what you think of the places you eat - none of those are ones we ate at.
I tried to get a reservation at Le Cellier at EPCOT, but when I called around 7am exactly 180 days out for my ADR. They said there was nothing available. I was kind of shock to hear that there was no reservation available on that day. Than when I do the next day at EPCOT and got up earlier around 5am, once again there was nothing available. I don't know what I have to do to get a reservation at Le Cellier.

You are right that people do cancel at the last second and some walk up person can get in the restaurant without getting a reservation. I would like to do more dinner plans during my trip at the WDW resort, but I would prefer to eat more off property and save more money during my trip so I can use to buy merchandise. I definitely will write it down on my TR about each different restaurant.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #238
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

I was just curious. On my last WDW I got to have breakfast at LTT which was special because they were only open because Crystal Palace was in rehab. The food was awesome, it's served family style there for any meal. The funny thing was my 4 yo ate all the strawberries off the fruit plate and all the bacon off the meat place. I made it for 30 minutes after the first seating and showed up on the first bus from my resort. They did a sort of Rope Drop near the right tunnel. We were 3rd in line and because there were about 20 CMs there to greet people and staff the turnsyles and only 100 guests. They were talking to all us anxious guests.

When they let us in I pulled my son to the middle of the Square and let all the other people rush in. Got great pictures of him all the way down mainstreet and some Photopass photographers were out too. They had CMs guiding us from the HUB to LTT. My plan was to eat and be in the park for the opening. The waiter let us know we had to go back to the hub for rope drop there. So we stalled and the same CMs who guided us to LTT were guiding us back to the Hub. I looked at my watch and said I have 9 is the park open? One CM said no it would be a couple minutes, but then the other near the hub waved to us and said it was ok guests are coming down MS. So we walk around ROA and got a couple quick rides on BTMRR in partially filled trains.


I'm planning the same strategy you did for Minnie's next time I go with him to DLR. So we can get in on a MM. But I may do like in MK and try to stall so I can good empty MS pics.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:22 PM   #239
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,510

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
I was just curious. On my last WDW I got to have breakfast at LTT which was special because they were only open because Crystal Palace was in rehab. The food was awesome, it's served family style there for any meal. The funny thing was my 4 yo ate all the strawberries off the fruit plate and all the bacon off the meat place. I made it for 30 minutes after the first seating and showed up on the first bus from my resort. They did a sort of Rope Drop near the right tunnel. We were 3rd in line and because there were about 20 CMs there to greet people and staff the turnsyles and only 100 guests. They were talking to all us anxious guests.

When they let us in I pulled my son to the middle of the Square and let all the other people rush in. Got great pictures of him all the way down mainstreet and some Photopass photographers were out too. They had CMs guiding us from the HUB to LTT. My plan was to eat and be in the park for the opening. The waiter let us know we had to go back to the hub for rope drop there. So we stalled and the same CMs who guided us to LTT were guiding us back to the Hub. I looked at my watch and said I have 9 is the park open? One CM said no it would be a couple minutes, but then the other near the hub waved to us and said it was ok guests are coming down MS. So we walk around ROA and got a couple quick rides on BTMRR in partially filled trains.


I'm planning the same strategy you did for Minnie's next time I go with him to DLR. So we can get in on a MM. But I may do like in MK and try to stall so I can good empty MS pics.
Are you talking about Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK? That must have been exciting to eat at LTT when the Crystal Palace was in rehab. That is very nice from that CM to let you in before the rope drop and got to go to Frontierland and get on BTMRR.

That is good to hear that you are using the same strategy that I did during my character breakfast last month. But if you do that, I would suggest that you get the earliest time at Minnie and Friends character breakfast. You can use the extra time to eat and greet the characters. Than you can go in early during MM at DL. When I walked down MS during MM, the CM didn't ask me go straight over to the Plaza Inn so I took my time to take pictures of MS when I was walking.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:22 PM   #240
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Bret, do you recall how the characters cycled through? Did they all break at the same time? How long did it take them to make the circuit? If we get there early will we need to wait for them to come out?


Yes LTT is Liberty Tree Tavern. It's really odd because it's like a house with different rooms of tables.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: