Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #2356
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 19

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 19

We left off at the Tomorrowland Monorail station while I went a round trip around the DLR. I always have to ride the monorail when I am at DL since it is my favorite ride and I still haven’t gotten tired of riding it all the time. I could have got back on again and go around the resort, but now I am heading on back to DCA to see Instant Concert at PP. Now let’s get back to the trip report.

I just finished riding the monorail and getting some pictures of the Matterhorn on the Tomorrowland side. It was a nice day and the weather was starting to pick up in the mid 80s. It was still early to head on over to DCA and see the 3pm Instant Concert show at PP, so I had some time at DL to do some things before I head on over to DCA.

I didn’t know what I wanted to do while I was in DL, but I did know that it was getting warm and I was sweating like a pig that afternoon with the heat and carrying my bag with my camera equipment. It is not easy to carry a bag full of lens and other stuff that I always bring to the parks. I have been at the DLR since 6:30am and I was getting tired and my legs started to hurt since I don’t stay this long at the park. Mostly I am in the room resting up for the nighttime shows and I know that this is the only time to see Instant Concert at DCA since I used most of my time in the morning with my DB and V to get as many rides as possible that morning.

I left Tomorrowland and now heading on over to MS Hub where it wasn’t quite busy that afternoon. Mostly it is busy this time of the day with most of the guests at DL, but with DCA and Cars Lands it did take part of the guests from DL over to DCA which is a good thing for DCA.

Over in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, I can see Mary Poppins and Bert with the Pearly Band.

While I was in the area at the Hub, I decided it was time to get a nice cold dessert and what better place to get one is at the Tiki Juice Bar at Adventureland. I have got a Dole Whip Soft Serve in the afternoon in the past in the afternoon, but mostly I always have to get one at night to complete my day. But since it was warm and I started to sweat a lot, I decided to get soft serve. I was hoping that the queue for the Tiki Juice Bar won’t be that long that day. But I knew that in afternoon the Tiki Juice Bar queue can be as long as 20 minutes or even longer both sides. Both sides is that one is from the outside of Adventureland and the other side is in the waiting area at the Enchanted Tiki Room.

I head on over to Adventureland and see if the queue for the Tiki Juice Bar is that long that day or not.

When I got to the Tiki Juice Bar, the wait time was a little long. I looked at the wait time on Mousewait app and see that it was only a 10 minute wait, but when I looked at it closely it was about a 15 minute wait time. So I just waited in the queue since I still have some time to head on over to DCA for the Instant Concert show.

A light fixture right by the Tiki Juice Bar

While I was waiting in the queue and about to order my dole whip, there was a big group in front of me and they almost took 5 minutes to order their dole whip. I didn’t want to get all that angry or upset with that many people in front of me, but every time they changed their minds of what they want to get. But the bad part about it is when they finally got all their orders they stayed in the area to eat right by the counter. I didn’t like how they waited in that area to have their dole whips. I couldn’t even order my Dole whip since they were blocking the counter. The CM asked them to move since they are blocking the counter and they finally moved. I was not too happy about that group that took that long to order their Dole Whip and waited blocking the counter where to order. But I didn’t want to be bothered by a little thing that day so I just forgot about it.

As always when I am at the Tiki Juice Bar, I got a Dole Whip Soft Serve which is amazing.

I took my Dole Whip Soft Serve on my left hand and ate it on the way out of DL. A few times while I was exiting DL, I put the spoon in the soft serve and used my DSLR while exiting. The park was didn’t seem that busy that day while I was in MS.

It was about 2:25pm that day so I had time to head on over to DCA

While I was exiting the park, I had to get the flowers at the flower bed where the Christmas tree or giant pumpkin is located at Main Street Town Square.

I was in MS TS on the way out,I realized that I haven’t seen “The Voices of Liberty” show at Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. This show is actually from EPCOT American Adventure Pavilion at WDW. I was thinking of seeing it that day, but I had plans to head on back to DCA to see Instant Concert. I was not happy of not seeing that show, but I will have some chance to see it at WDW next month if they are still running it at EPCOT.

I went underneath the MS station and about to head on out of DL and back to DCA. I went back and forth from DCA to DL and back and forward.

I exited DL and head on back to DCA. The esplanade wasn’t that busy.

When I got in DCA, I started to head on over to PP and see Instant Concert. I still had plenty of time until it was 3pm, but I just head on over there to make sure that I got a good view of the show. Buena Vista Street was semi busy where it wasn’t walkable.

Another look at the Carthay Circle Theater

When I got to PP viewing area, the show wasn’t until 3pm. But I got there around 15 minute before the show started so I just waited around PP until it was time for the show. I sat on a park bench right underneath an umbrella while I was waiting until it was 3pm. I got out my iPad and see how everything was on the boards that afternoon.

When it was close to show time at 3pm, Goofy made his way towards the left side and was in a suit all ready to conduct for Instant Concert. This was one of the two shows at DCA that I wanted to see from the trip reports that I have read and other websites. This show is like a daytime version of WoC without the color water, mist screen video and pyro technics. Here are some pics that I took during the show. I didn’t video tape it since I wanted to take pictures of the show.

Instant Concert was over. Just as expected when I first heard about the show is that they just used the water fountains on the WoC platform which is nothing that special. It was a nice side show to stop by and see on a nice day at DCA. It doesn’t draw too many people in PP to see, but it was entertaining to watch Instant Concert.

After seeing the show, it was time to head on back to the room and rest up for the night. It was a long day today and I needed a rest after doing so much in one day.

That’s it for this post and I will have more from leaving DCA that afternoon. Who knows, I might go stop at the shops on the way out or even ride the Red Car Trolley while exiting the park.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014, Just in Time for Halloween Season in September - September 14 - 16, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #2357
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post

A light fixture right by the Tiki Juice Bar

Instant Concert was over. Just as expected when I first heard about the show is that they just used the water fountains on the WoC platform which is nothing that special. It was a nice side show to stop by and see on a nice day at DCA. It doesn’t draw too many people in PP to see, but it was entertaining to watch Instant Concert.

The light fixture picture at the Tiki bar is great and I simply LOVE that you captured Goofy in mid jump. It would have been a fun show if you were just walking by but it sounds like it was not worth hoofing it over from DL for.

Was the Dole Whip tasty? I like those too.

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #2358
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I was going to say the same thing that the front and back side of the monorails looked like a whales head coming down the track.

Glad that you like that picture of the Matterhorn and the FNSV.

The next post will be up shortly
Well, since you and I were both thinking the same thing - that the Monorail looks like a whale's head coming down the track, allow me to insert a very bad, very silly, very obvious, joke here...

...Wait for it....

Maybe, instead of calling it the Monorail, we should call it...the Monowhale!!

I'm just cracking myself up over here - don't mind me!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #2359
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Good one Sherry! The people in the other office wonder why I'm laughing BTW....
Old 09-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #2360
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
The light fixture picture at the Tiki bar is great and I simply LOVE that you captured Goofy in mid jump. It would have been a fun show if you were just walking by but it sounds like it was not worth hoofing it over from DL for.

Was the Dole Whip tasty? I like those too.

TK
When I watched Instant Concert at PP, it was okay. It was not worth waiting around PP for since there are other times during the day to see the show. It's not the same when you watch WoC at night where there are color while it is just plain like the Bellagio fountains in Las Vegas.

The Dole Whip was good like always. I needed one that day after a long day at the parks and while it was warm that day.

You and I think alike Sherry when you said Monowhale. When I look at the Mark VII Monorails they look like a Monowhale while going down the track.

The next post will be up shortly.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014, Just in Time for Halloween Season in September - September 14 - 16, 2014

Old 09-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #2361
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 20

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 20

We left off at PP where I watch Instant Concert. It is more of a daytime WoC show without the color, video mist screen and pyrotechnics. It was okay but it wasn’t something that I would do again unless it is the actual WoC show at night which is always amazing. Speaking of WoC, I still have that night at 9pm which my DB, V and I will be seeing the show and also I get to use my Glow with the Show Ears that my friend bought for me a couple of months ago. I was so excited to use my ears that night after watching videos on youtube about the glow with the show ears which interacts with WoC. I also heard that it also interacts with other parts of the lands at the DLR and the rides. Now back to the TR which I am about to head on out of the park and back to the room.

I was at PP after watching Instant Concert and I was heading on back to Best Western Anaheim Inn where I will rest up until it is time to head on back to DCA for dinner at 6:30pm at Wine Country Trattoria. I am looking forward to WCT after reading a trip report from Kim (kmedina). But first, I needed to head on back to the room and rest up after a long day at the parks since I was here at 6:30am. It was 3:10pm when Instant Concert was over and I only had about an hour or two to rest up until dinnertime.

When I left PP, I had to get some pictures on the way out towards BVS. The day was getting warm which was in the mid 80s that afternoon and I just can’t take staying outside that day at the park until I change my clothes.

MFWoD or MFWoT which a lot of people would call it.

Leaving PP viewing

While I was walking on out of PP and over to BVS, I thought about riding the Red Car Trolley one more time before I left that day. There were some other opportunities to ride the Red Car Trolley during the trip and come back later during the day or go back on it on Wednesday. But I decided it was time to rest up and get all my equipment and join up with my DB and V at BWAI.

Walking down that day wasn’t as busy as I would have thought. Sometimes the people in the park are at Cars Land or Paradise Pier to go on the rides while places around WCT are not that busy.

A look at Cars Land while I was exiting DCA. It wasn’t as busy over at Cars Land. I knew that RSR and LFT were at least 40+ minute wait time that day so I didn’t even bother going through Cars Land since I wanted to get on out of the park.

I was back at Buena Vista Street and I decided to head on out of the park instead of catching the Red Car Trolley since I wanted to rest up that day. It was not that busy around BVS which there were quite a number of people at the Storyteller’s Statue which the guests are getting a picture while others are getting pictures with Mickey right by the Elias & Company store.

More different pictures of the BVS buildings while I was exiting the park

The Chamber of Commerce building or actually the Guest Relations building at DCA

Exiting the turnstiles and now leaving DCA

I finally left the esplanade and back to BWAI to rest up for a while until it was time for the three of us to head on back to DCA that night and have dinner and see WoC. I have spent about 9 hours in the DLR from APEE to 3:30pm which is a long day to be at the park. This was the first time that I have stayed in the park for that long since last September during my one day trip to the DLR during the Halloween season. The three of us got to do a lot that day and I accomplished a lot of my goals of seeing Red Car News Boys and Instant Concert. We got to go on all of my regular rides at DL and DCA.

I got back to the room around 3:30pm and my DB and V were just resting up in the room on the bed watching TV while I was dragging myself. I was tired from all the walking and carrying the bag around the park. But I didn’t mind at all since I wanted to have a bag to carry things around with me if I needed it. After getting back to the room, I took a shower and changed my clothes into new ones for the nighttime. After getting out of the shower, I rested up for an hour until it was around 6pm so we can head on back to DCA.

I really needed that rest after a long day walking in the parks since I don’t stay in the park that long.

It was around 5:45pm that day and I took an hour nap at the room with DB and V. When I got up, we packed all of our bags and started to head on out of the room and back to the park. I brought my tripod along with my video camera as I always do every time I go to the parks at night. Plus I got to wear my Glow with Show Ears which I am looking forward to the most and see how these ears will react during WoC.

We left around 6pm and on our way back to the parks. While we were heading on back to the parks, it was quiet that night on Harbor Blvd. The day was clear and it was still warm that day while we were walking back to the esplanade.

When we got to the esplanade, there were a lot of people heading on into DL while there were some heading on over to DCA. Maybe DCA won’t be as busy at night then in the morning where it was crowded with people heading on over to Cars Land in the morning during APEE/EMH and the regular times.

We were now back at DCA and the first thing we did was to head on over to Cars Land first before we head on over to WCT for dinner. BVS wasn’t that busy and I was considering going on the Red Car Trolley, but it was full and ready to leave the station. So I had to try another time to ride the Red Car Trolley.

While walking down BVS, I got some pictures of the buildings again just like when I left that afternoon.

While we were walking down on BVS, another show at BVS was going on around the Carthay Circle Theater. The other show was Five and Dime. Five and Dime is a daily show in the afternoon which is a group of quintet of jazz performers plus one vocalist.

We didn’t have time to see them so we just passed by the show and back to Cars Land.

We kept on walking down to Cars Land and hopefully be able to go on Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree. It is possibility that the wait time will only be 5 minutes that time, but I expected to be in the 10 to 15 minute range. Hopefully it will be in the 5 range and we will plan on going on it that day.

Walking on down past ABL and by the backside of GRR

Now entering Cars Land

When we got to Cars Land, it was semi busy around the area and we started to head on over to MJJ and see what the wait time was like.

At MJJ, the wait time was 15 minutes and we didn’t have time to ride MJJ since we had dinner at 6:30pm at WCT. So we skipped it and started to walk down towards Radiator Springs until it was dinner time.

A picture of the light fixture at MJJ

That’s it for this post and I will have more from DCA that day and see what we did until dinnertime at WCT.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #2362
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 21

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 21

We left off back at DCA where the three of us returned to DCA for dinner and the 9pm WoC show. We were looking forward to dinner at Wine Country Trattoria and the 9pm WoC show where my DB and V were excited to see. We were in Cars Land and hoping to go on some rides before we head to dinner at WCT. But the wait time for Mater’s Junkyard Jamoree was a 15 minute wait time and we didn’t have time to wait that long when It was close to dinner time.

The three of us roamed around Cars Land until it was time for dinner, so we head down towards Radiator Springs. It was not that dark yet, the weather was going down a lot when it is night time. Cars Land looked a little busy that day. We plan to come back to Cars Land after dinner to see the buildings light up at night and play “Life Could be Dream” just like in the movie where the lights turn on when it gets closer to nighttime.

Passing through the Cozy Cone Motel dining area

Instead of going back towards the entrance of Cars Land, DB and V wanted to see what leads to the other side of Cars Land which is in the direction towards A Bug’s Land. So we head in that direction.

A few signs at CL from the ABL entrance area

This is always been my favorite sign at CL with Lightning McQueen and Mater just like in the movie “Car 2”

When we looked at Luigis Flying Tires, they didn’t have the beach balls which surprised me a lot. But after hearing reports that the beach balls slowed down the loading process and people got hurt when tossing the balls, it did make sense to take them out. But that is part of LFT. But it looks like not for the Disney.

Now entering ABL from CL

A few pics of ABL while we were in the area

Some light fixtures at ABL

It was almost 6:30pm so we head on out of ABL and over to WCT. I got a few more pictures of ABL while we were exiting.

A look at the Radiator Springs Racers FP distribution area which was quiet ever since the FP’s were gone this morning.

Luckily, WCT was right by Cars Land and ABL so it was about a minute walk.

We checked in at WCT at 6:30pm and there were some people dining outside the restaurant. We thought about eating inside, but it was such a nice day we chose to eat outside. We were close to the fountain at WCT and got our menus. We had plenty of time that day which WoC starts at 9pm and I the lights at Radiator Springs should start around 8pm just like the last time. But I plan ahead of time just in case if the lights start early we can have some time to go on over to CL and see the lights.

The menu at WCT
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8445/7804142484_2ed475d54d_z.jpg[/img

A look at WCT building from our table

Light fixtures at WCT

For dinner, I had the Spaghetti Bolognese. It was a nice pasta dinner with Ragu of beef, Italian sausage tomatoe sauce and parmesan cheese. I thought about trying something different like Braised Lamb Shank or Balsamic-Braised Short Ribs, but I felt like pasta that night.

My DB and V shared two plates together, they had the Shrimp Scampi entrée and the Fritto Misto which was calamari, mussels, green beans and artichoke hearts that were all fried. I had a few calamari as well that we all shared our plates together. The shrimp scampi was very nice with white wine and capers while the Fritto Misto appetizer plate was nice.

A few more pictures of WCT while we were at the table finishing our dinner

It did get busy later that night at WCT.

After dinner was over, we started to head on out of WCT and over to Cars Land to see the light up of the buildings at Radiator Springs. Dinner was really nice at WCT, it will be a long time until I eat at WCT again in the near future. The food was really good for the price which I had an AP which saved us some money on the food. But I do plan on eating at the Carthay Circle Restaurant in November with my DA.

That’s it for this post and I will have more from Cars Land on the next update.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #2363
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Love your pictures in these posts. Did you like your Spaghetti Bolognese? It's one of my favorite Italian dishes. It looked like a nice night to be dining outside.

Interesting about the beach balls at LFT. I could see someone getting hit in the face with them...

It's great that you will eat at the Carthay Circle Restaurant in November with your DA
TK
Old 09-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #2364
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

That spaghetti from WCT looks delicious. Now I am craving spaghetti. I could easily eat spaghetti and meat sauce all the time (though I only actually eat it every once in a while). I should make some right now - I think I have all the necessary supplies - but it's way too hot to cook!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #2365
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Love your pictures in these posts. Did you like your Spaghetti Bolognese? It's one of my favorite Italian dishes. It looked like a nice night to be dining outside.

Interesting about the beach balls at LFT. I could see someone getting hit in the face with them...

It's great that you will eat at the Carthay Circle Restaurant in November with your DA
TK
Thank you TK. I did enjoyed the Spaghetti Bolognese at WCT. I was thinking of eating something else, but I felt like pasta that night. It was very nice that night and it was going to be a nice night at the DLR while we watch WoC at 9pm.

I heard that on Monday the day we got there, the beach balls at LFT were taken out. I was kind of surprise at first to not see the beach balls. After reading reports that it was slowing down the loading process, it did make sense to take them out and speed up. But that beach balls are part of the ride just like the Flying Saucers at DL in the 60s. It was a shame to see the beach balls gone at LFT.

I wanted to eat at CCR during this trip, but my DB and V weren't ready to spend a lot of money at a sit down restaurant like CCR then the WCT. But at least my DA and I will eat there during our November trip. That reminds me that I do have a few more days to make my 60 day reservation at the CCR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
That spaghetti from WCT looks delicious. Now I am craving spaghetti. I could easily eat spaghetti and meat sauce all the time (though I only actually eat it every once in a while). I should make some right now - I think I have all the necessary supplies - but it's way too hot to cook!
The spaghetti was good that day. My DB liked the Shrimp Scampi dish since he likes to eat shrimp. I can't eat spaghetti all the time, the one thing I can eat all the time is chicken or pizza.

The next post will be up shortly so stay tune.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #2366
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 22

We left off at WCT where we had dinner. It was a nice Italian dinner where we enjoyed the food. It’s been a long time since I ate at WCT which was in the early days at DCA and now I got the chance to eat at that restaurant. Now we are about to head on over to Cars Land to see it light up at night. I really wanted to show my DB and V to see Radiator Springs all light up at night which is amazing just like in the movie “Cars”.

Now we are heading on over to CL while the park started to get busier and busier with more people

Over at Cars Land, it was getting busy around the area while most of the people were waiting for Radiator Springs to light up at night and play “Life Could be Dream” just like in the movie.

While we were in Cars Land, we stopped around in the middle of the traffic light where we could see Ramone’s House of Body Art, Flo’s V8 Café, Lizzie’s Curios store and Luigis Casa Della Tires building where they will light up shortly. While we were in the area, I got a few pictures until it was time for the light up. Luigi’s Flying Tires wait time was 40 minutes which was still long during that day.

Around 7:45pm, the music started to change and “Life Could be Dream” is not playing and everyone in Radiator Springs all started to get excited when the lights started to turn on at Radiator Springs. I was singing “Life Could be Dream” while it was playing and all the buildings started to light up that day. We stayed in RS until the song was over. DB and V were excited to see the lights turned on at Radiators Springs and they said that it was worth coming to CL to see the buildings light up at night.

The Leaning Tower of Tires

A lot of CM’s that are happy and clapping during the music

When “Life Could be Dream” stopped playing, the regular songs started to play at CL and it was time for the three of us to head on over to PP for the 9pm WoC show. I was planning on getting the fire hydrant spot at PP viewing in the blue section. Mostly I get in the queue at PP very early, but I knew that the spot won’t be taken that early unless someone on the threads knows about it and will come later that night to get the spot. I am not taking any chances with the spot and we head on over to PP. I got a few more pictures of CL on the way out.

Passing by Sarge’s Surplus Hut

Fillmore’s Taste-In

Passing through MJJ

Now exiting CL and heading on over to PP. It was quite busy at CL while we were exiting.

Walking towards PP was busy as well. I’m hoping that the spot is not taken, but it did happen one time for all the time I have been in the blue section.

That’s it for this post and we’ll see if I got my spot at the fire hydrant or not.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #2367
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

WOW! That's quite a few updates to catch up on.

Really enjoying your pictures and I love looking at the art deco features of BVS.
Your meal looks great. I think I might just go take out that bolognaise sauce I have in my freezer right now.

Thanks for sharing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #2368
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
WOW! That's quite a few updates to catch up on.

Really enjoying your pictures and I love looking at the art deco features of BVS.
Your meal looks great. I think I might just go take out that bolognaise sauce I have in my freezer right now.

Thanks for sharing.
Thank you PiO. I do like the signs right when you enter CL from ABL.

The food at WCT was good.

Your welcome.

The next update will be up shortly.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #2369
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 23

Day 2 – August 14, 2012– Part 23

We left off at leaving Cars Land and heading on over to PP for the 9pm WoC show. I am getting excited for my DB and V since this will be the first time to see WoC instead of the videos that they have seen form my previous trips. At Cars Land, we saw the lights turn on at Radiator Springs just like in the movie “Cars” and played “Life Could be Dream”. I love listening to the “Life Could be Dream” music every time I am in Cars Land. The day was going great after we had dinner at Wine Country Trattoria and in Cars Land when the lights turn on. Now we are on our way to PP for WoC.

The three of us are heading on over to PP for the 9pm WoC show. I was hoping that the fire hydrant spot at the blue section is not taken when we got there. It was close to 8pm while we were walking on over to PP. The day was nice and clear and it wasn’t that cold where we had to wear jackets or long pants. At least it was going to be a nice night to watch WoC.

When we got to PP and right at the blue section entrance are right across from the Little Mermaid ride, most of the people are in the viewing area and the fire hydrant spot was not taken. I was excited to see that the spot wasn’t taken. I told my DB and V that they could do something until it was time for the show at 9pm. I gave them the other two WoC FP’s and they headed down at PP towards Goofy Sky School.

So I head on over to the viewing area and got my spot right by the green fire hydrant. Originally it was a yellow fire hydrant during the early days at PP. Now it is a green fire hydrant and this is a great spot to see WoC if you don’t want to wait a long time. But I am acutally waiting about an hour for the show, but it was perfect for me since I videotape the show and I don’t want my equipment to get wet. The closer you are at the lagoon, the more chance you will get wet.

Pictures of MFWoD or MFWoT that people would call it from the spot that we were going to see WoC. There weren’t too many people in the viewing area when I got there but most of the railings were taken up close. I did say this in my past trip reports if you want to get a good viewing area of WoC and don’t have to see people in front of you, you should get in the queue’s for the show early. Out of all the times I have seen WoC, I only had to see people in front of me just once out of the 15 times I have seen WoC since it debut in the summer of 2010.

The railings on the bridge in PP for the blue section were almost full while the area where I am is not even getting anyone. Most of the people are heading on down in order to get a good spot. They should know that they aren’t going to get a good spot to see the show unless you show up very early.

I just sat around the spot and waited until it was time for the 9pm WoC show. My DB and V were still out in PP somewhere going on rides that night while I am waiting. I have no problem waiting for them since they will really like the show and the spot they will see it is a great spot.

I got a few more pics while I was still waiting.

You can tell that there is no one wants to get a railing spot where I am at with about 45 minutes to go until the show

A look down towards PP

The front of the PP viewing area started to get more and more people.

While I kept waiting more and more people started to fill up the viewing area while I kept the spot for the three of us to see that night.

My DB and V finally arrived with about 20 minutes to go to WoC and they did two rides during the time I waited at the viewing area. They went on Silly Symphony Swings and the Golden Zephyr. They did quite a lot during the short time when I got the spot. It was dark and most of the people are in the PP viewing area for the 9pm show.

I also have my Glow with the Show ears ready to wear on my head for the show. Even though I won’t get to see my ears glow during the show, but there were some other people with the Glow with the Show ears down in front of us. I didn’t leave my ears on the tripod since I was going to put my video camera on the tripod and have the ears on my head. I will also be taking pictures with my DSLR that night. So I am doing two things at once just like the other night with Magical fireworks.

We kept waiting until it as time for the show while the rest of PP is starting to fill up with more people.

It was 9pm and it was time for WoC, I started up my video camera to record and have my DSLR in my hands to take pictures that night. My DB and V were on the left hand side of me and I told them in advance to block off the area where they are watching the show. There are people that are rude and try to force their way in to see the show. I have gotten some people like that for WoC, sometime I try to let the kids in as long as they don’t touch my stuff or make a lot of noise.

Here are pictures of WoC with my DSLR. I was thinking of uploading WoC, but the video was not that great and I didn’t want to upload a very bad video. So enjoy the pictures of the 9pm WoC show.

During the show, you can see on the bottom of the pictures that there were some people that had the Glow with the Show ears and they were reacting to the show just as advertised.

That’s it for this post and I will have more from WoC that night.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #2370
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Nice teaser to WoC. Those pictures look great so far.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: