Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #211
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I am planning on finishing my TR during my trip since I am taking my time with all my pics and videos. Here is the rest of the night that I was at DL during the Holiday season. After looking at all the Holiday decorations on IASWH, I head on over to TL and took some pics of the FNSV and the Monorail station.

After looking at the FNSV lagoon, I went through the shortcut towards SB castle by the Matterhorn mountain area. And it was time to take the pictures of several different angles of the castle from front to back.

After taking pictures of all the different angles around the castle, I decided to head on back to Frontierland and get some pics of the Holiday decorations and see the merchandise at the Bonanza Outfitters store.

Frontierland Shootin' Exposition with the Holiday decorations

After seeing Frontierland with the decorations, it was time to head on back over to BW Stovalls and rest up for the night, but I got to take a fiew more pics of MS with the Holiday decorations and the Light up merchandise cart.

/

Than I head straight on back to my hotel at Stovalls. For that day on Friday Nov. 19, I got mostly everything done during that day with the parades, ElecTRONica, WoC with TRON segment and got to do all the rides that I want to do during my visit.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 11-28-2010 at 12:15 PM.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #212
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Now I am posting my last part of my TR of my solo trip to DL Nov. 18-20. And this is the one that a lot of you DISers are waiting to hear about my experience at the Plaza Inn character breakfast.

I got up at around 6:20am in the morning so I could get to DL during MM. Yes, I am going to MM with my AP since I have a reservation at Minnie and Friends character breakfast at the Plaza Inn. This was a great tip by some of the DISers on the board that you can enter the park early even without a MM ticket or staying on-site. I left the hotel around 7am and head on over to DL main gate. It was actually raining a little bit during the first part of the morning but it won't get any better later during the day.

When I got to DTD, there were a few people who were going to DL during MM. I thought there would be less people during the raining day, but right now it is about average in my opinion. Than when I got past the security, there was no one by the CALIFORNIA letters and this was a good time to get the last look at the letters during the Holiday season and the new entrance for the future.

Now after I finished taking the pictures of the CALIFORNIA letters, it was time to go have a nice breakfast at DL. I got to the left side of the main entrance where there were a few CM waiting for the reservations. They told me that I was here for MM, I should go to the center entrance is where they let the guests in for MM. But I told them that I was here for the character breakfast at the Plaza Inn. When I told them that I was dining by myself and had a reservation, one of the CM was dazing out. I assume that the CM thought it was kind of weird for myself to have a character breakfast. But I told them that I was also here for some autographs from the characters. Than I walked in the park and there was some guests walking down but not too many. Than I head on over to the Plaza Inn for my character breakfast.

Now I checked in at the booth and my time for the character breakfast was at 7:20am. I was right on the left hand side of the restaurant. It was not that crowded and the atmosphere was even better. When I had breakfast, I almost tried everything inside the restaurant. I love the mickey shape waffles. But they were small, I thought they would have the big size mickey shape waffles. As for the characters that I got to see, I have met Chip, Dale, Minnie, Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, Fairy God Mother, Max, Captain Hook, Brer Fox, & Rafiki. The best part is when Dale arrived and I had my iPad out checking out the weather for the day and he tried to play with it but he cant work it well. Than he took a nap on the chair. For the autographs I got Chip, Dale, Minnie and Pooh for my dad's colleagues daughters. I didn't get a picture of the autograph books, which were the princess pink ones. When it was around 8am when the park opened, it was time for me to go out and have some fun of taking the last pictures of the day.

Here is another tree for the Tree Quest

After finishing at the Plaza Inn for the character breakfast, I only had about 3 hours left until I head back to Livingston and see my grandmother. When I got out it was still raining, but luckily it was just sprinkling so far. So the first thing I did was go to FL and get on PP. The good thing about is that I just got on in less than 3 minutes. It is a fun ride and it is even better when you ride it first thing in the morning.

I will finish the rest of my TR later tonight, I am about to have dinner. I hope you enjoyed reading my dining experience at Minnie and Friends character breakfast just by myself. I also want to thank Goofy_Mom so much for helping me with the information at the Plaza Inn for the character breakfast. This might be my only time in my life that I will do a character breakfast solo, but you don't know what might happen in the future. Hey I might have a character breakfast at WDW in less than two weeks. But who knows. .

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #213
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed hearing about your solo-character breakfast. Too bad the weather was so poor. I'm glad you rode Peter Pan. One of my favorite rides.

Hope you had a tasty dinner!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #214
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Now it is time to finish the rest of my TR on Saturday Nov. 20.

After I have finished PP, it was started to rain a little bit harder and I went toward Pinocchio Daring Adventure ride and took the picture of the ride vehicle.

After when I put on my poncho, I went back back toward the castle and took some pictures on the left side of the castle.

After that I head on over to towards Adventureland and than head on over to NOS and see the Holiday decorations before I head on over to HMH.

Than I head on over to HMH and there was no one there. I had to wait until another family showed up in the line. And also here is another ride vehicle pic when I was on the ride with nightshot. If I have took it with a regular shot, it would turn out blurry.

Than I head out of HMH and went back toward the backside of NOS. It started to rain even more and more but it was still not raining like crazy. I head on over to POTC. Here is also the pic of the ride vehicle of POTC with the nightshot.

After POTC, I head on over to the Frontierland backside and took some more different pictures.

Than I was back in FL and just walked around towards IASWH.

I would say that this is my favorite pic of the monorail during my visit.

This will continue shortly.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #215
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

After going around FL, I head on back over to Tomorrowland and see how crazy it is during a rainy day.

After walking out of TL, it was time to go over to DCA and take my last picture of my ride vehicle quest. The last ride vehicle pic I need was Soarin. But first I took some more pics around MS before I left the park.

Than I walked outside and see that more and more people are now coming into the park. I got inside DCA around 9:35am It was still raining outside while I head straight in DCA. The first thing I did when I got in the park was head on over to Soarin.

Here is my last pic of the ride vehicle of Soarin on my ride vehicle quest.

After I finished Soarin, I head on over to GRR and get my souvenir WoC FP. After getting a blue FP just like on Friday, I would assume that I would get the same FP color. When I got my FP, it was for the blue section for the 9pm WoC show.

Than I went back to the main entrance and started to buy some of my holiday merchandise at Greetings at California. I bought the classic Disneyland t-shirt with the Santa hat, light up ghost lanyard, recycle tote bag and a nice red tote bag for my mom.

When I finished up my shopping at the store, I exited DCA and the next thing I did was go to DTD and see the rest of the Holiday decorations. After DTD, I went toward DTD and the DLH to see the Christmas Tree.

Than I went back to BW Stovalls and it was around 11:00 when I got back to the hotel. Than I started to pack all of my stuff in the car and than the weather started to get even worse when I was about to leave DL. It was around 12pm when I got all my stuff in the car, but before I head back home. I had to stopped at my DBGF apartment in OC to take some stuff back home to Sacramento.

When I picked up the stuff at my DBGF apartment, I was heading straight towards Livingston. I got there around 7pm that night. Than the next day I left around 8:30am and got back to Sacramento around 10am. Just in time to watch the football games.

This was a great trip just to be solo and got to take a lot of different pictures of the Holiday decorations. I also got a lot of pics for the Tree and Wreath Quest that Sherry has put together on the Christmas thread. I also got to get all the pics of the ride vehicles at the whole entire DLR. The character solo breakfast was nice, but I would not do that again just by myself. It would be better if I have someone else with me. Overall, the solo trip was better than my solo trip in March 2010.

I will do another solo trip one day next year, but I don't know which month to go. I will be going to DL in August for the D23 Expo with my DA. I want to do another trip before the D23 Expo and go on the new rides (Star Tours 2 & Little Mermaid Ride). But I will see if I can get another trip done. If I did another trip, I was thinking about late May to early June before the heavy summer crowds.

Now it is time to plan my WDW Holiday Trip Dec 10-17 and hope that you can follow my WDW TR. This will be my first time to WDW during the Holiday season and I just can't wait to go in less than two weeks. I need some advice before I go to WDW in two weeks.

Thank you for reading my TR.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #216
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

You sure seem to be making the best of a soggy day at DL. I like your monorail picture too.

Thanks for sharing
TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:30 AM   #217
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Hi Bret!! You're more than welcome for the Plaza info. From the angle of your pictures it looks like we had the same table. What do you think?

from this angle, if you were to look to your left you would see the main food area, behind you would be an open area and the tree would be in the window.

I like you pictures, so far my favorites are the CA letters with no people, the night time castle shots (if you blur your eyes just a little, they really do look like icikels) and the night shot over FNSV.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:48 AM   #218
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
Hi Bret!! You're more than welcome for the Plaza info. From the angle of your pictures it looks like we had the same table. What do you think?

from this angle, if you were to look to your left you would see the main food area, behind you would be an open area and the tree would be in the window.

I like you pictures, so far my favorites are the CA letters with no people, the night time castle shots (if you blur your eyes just a little, they really do look like icikels) and the night shot over FNSV.
Yea what a coincidence, I think you are right that we are almost exactly at the very same table. But I was more close to the corner when I did the solo dining. That is a very nice picture of your kids with Captain Hook at the Plaza Inn.

I can't wait to read more of your TR and see your pics. I read that you said that it was a madhouse last week. But it looks like you have done everything you want to do during your trip.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:04 AM   #219
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Yea what a coincidence, I think you are right that we are almost exactly at the very same table. But I was more close to the corner when I did the solo dining. That is a very nice picture of your kids with Captain Hook at the Plaza Inn.

I can't wait to read more of your TR and see your pics. I read that you said that it was a madhouse last week. But it looks like you have done everything you want to do during your trip.
We did have a great time, DS had a blast. On our last day he was asking if we could "see Mickey Mouse and ride more rides". I'll have to write one day at a time. My pictures aren't as "professional" as I would have liked, most of the time I'm hanging onto DS's leash and it's really hard to shoot one handed when the other hand is being yanked. So, try not to laugh too hard

What did you think of elecTRONica?
Old 11-29-2010, 01:28 AM   #220
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
We did have a great time, DS had a blast. On our last day he was asking if we could "see Mickey Mouse and ride more rides". I'll have to write one day at a time. My pictures aren't as "professional" as I would have liked, most of the time I'm hanging onto DS's leash and it's really hard to shoot one handed when the other hand is being yanked. So, try not to laugh too hard

What did you think of elecTRONica?
Why would I laugh at your pictures or anyone else pictures. It is always nice to see pictures of DL during someones TR. I have seen Sherry's during her trip a few weeks ago and some of them were blurry but it is good to see pictures when I read the threads.

I thought ElecTRONica was a little bit more like Glow Fest but with the advertising of TRON Legacy. With all the alcohol going around during that time at night and the partying. I am not that type of a person who likes to drink and partying. But I did like the TRON Legacy 3D Sneak Peak and Flynn's arcade was also nice.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #221
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

In case you wondering I did like the Ride Vehicle shots. Some are totally awesome.

Looking at the rainy day pics makes me really want to go during the rain. The shot of the letters at DCA is incredible except for one things. Not the construction tarp, the slippery when wet sign. I would of moved it out of the way if I was standing there with you.

Anway really great stuff and I'm very much looking forward to your WDW TR.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #222
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post

Oh and also I'm wondering, Plaza breakfast and zero food pics?

I am really curious what breakfast looks like in there.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #223
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
In case you wondering I did like the Ride Vehicle shots. Some are totally awesome.

Looking at the rainy day pics makes me really want to go during the rain. The shot of the letters at DCA is incredible except for one things. Not the construction tarp, the slippery when wet sign. I would of moved it out of the way if I was standing there with you.

Anway really great stuff and I'm very much looking forward to your WDW TR.
I believe it is great to go to DL when it is raining. It means less locals and shorter lines on specific rides. But some of the rides will not be open when it rains and mostly the entertainment shows like parades, F!, and possibly fireworks. I was also considering taking a pictures of the letter C on the left side of it so I won't get the tarp. But on both of those mornings more people start to show up and are taking pictures by the letters.

I'm hoping that everything goes well during my WDW trip in less than two weeks. I will try to do a live TR when I am there and I will write a little bit and post pics on my DL thread. But most of my live TR will be on the WDW TR. I'm hoping that everyone read my TR will read my WDW TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Oh and also I'm wondering, Plaza breakfast and zero food pics?

I am really curious what breakfast looks like in there.
I apologize for not taking any pictures of the breakfast food at the Plaza Inn. When I looked at the breakfast, it is standard breakfast food where ever you go for breakfast. The only thing that I would have taken a picture of the food at Minnie and Friends character breakfast was the mini Mickey waffles. They were a little bit smaller than the Mickey waffle iron I have at my house and I use almost every weekend.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #224
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

It took me awhile to post the 2nd Show of "A Christmas Fantasy" parade on Nov. 19, 2010 at 5:30pm. It was taken by the Flag retreat and by the Disney Showcase store. I hope you all enjoy the video.

"A Christmas Fantasy" Parade Part 1 2nd Show 5:30 Nov. 19, 2010

"A Christmas Fantasy" Parade Part 2 2nd Show 5:30 Nov. 19, 2010

"A Christmas Fantasy" Parade Part 2 2nd Show 5:30 Nov. 19, 2010

Old 12-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #225
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Hi... I just wanted to pop in and say I started reading your Holiday Time TR today. I love your pictures! I'm up to the part of the lighting of the castle your first night. That was really nice of you to offer to watch that family's stuff, and it was nice of the family to offer to bring you a drink. It's really nice to hear about those kinds of guest interactions, as opposed to the experiences people have with rude guests. Looking forward to reading more.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: