Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #2221
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
It's too bad that your DB and his GF didn't want to spend the extra money but I think you made great use of your solo time so far. The pictures are just gorgeous and it sounds like you enjoyed yourself taking it all in without having to worry about someone else's schedule.

Looking forward to the next update.
It would have been nice if they were in the park with me that day, but they had a great time that day and went to the Anaheim Mall. I did had fun that day at the park solo since I am so used to going to the park solo. Thank you PiO. Its always fun to go around the park doing whatever you want to do. I might be able to go solo during my WDW trip in October and take some pictures just by myself. But we'll wait and see.

The next update will be up shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Nice pics! I can't wait to see all this for myself soon.
Thank you. You will have a great time at the DLR next month with your family If you need any advise or help for your upcoming trip, just message me.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #2222
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – August 13, 2012– Part 4

Day 1 – August 13, 2012– Part 4

Now I was in Cars Land taking some more pics with my new lens and filter. It was nice to use the new lens at CL & BVS. The whole land was quite busy that day, but at least it was walkable and not as busy as the first few months when it opened.

Walking down Radiator Springs

Over at the Cozy Cone Motel, McQueen was taking pictures with the guests while the cones quick stands in the back didn’t look that busy as I have thought. Back when I did the preview, the lines for the cones were so long that it took as long as 30+ minutes to go through a line. Now that Monday, it doesn’t look that busy. Time has changed at the Cozy Cone Motel from the preview and now.

Now a look at Flo’s V8 Café where it didn’t look that busy that day. I could have just walked in and get something to eat, but I was still a little full from Ralph’s Brennan Jazz Kitchen.

Flo’s V8 Café Sign

The outside seating area for Flo’s V8 Café as well as a lot of Motor oil cans.

Luigi’s Casa Della Tires. The outside queue didn’t extend towards the outside of Luigis Flying Tires. I knew that it was going to be at least 40 minute wait time to get on LFT since the queue is also inside the building.

On the other side is the Radiator Springs Curios shop which is also the pin trading store.

Also in the area, Lightning McQueen is now leaving the Cozy Cone Motel and Mater is now taking the place.

Now I walked down towards Radiator Springs Town Hall. The neon light signs on the left hand side RS.

Town Hall, I couldn’t get the whole building with the new lens since I was so close to the building.

In one back side of the building towards the left side of Town Hall is the Radiator Springs painted wall. It is on the left hand side of Town Hall and it is a sitting area. Some people don’t even know where this wall is located.

After looking at the wall picture, I head on over to Radiator Springs Racers to see what the wait time is like. I thought the wait time would be at least over 1 ½ hours and I was correct. It was 105 minute wait to get on RSR. It was a long wait, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought. The single rider wait time was not working that time so I didn’t know how long the single rider wait time was going to be. I thought about riding RSR in the single rider queue, but it could be unpredictable and go as long as an hour. So I just skipped RSR that day.

After looking at the wait time at RSR, I head on out of CL and see some areas of DCA before I head on to DL for the fireworks.

A look at the Stanley statue

Cars Land did look busy that day. Not super busy.

Ramone’s House of Body Art

When I passed LFT, the wait time was 40 minutes which sounds right since there were some people in Luigis Casa Della Tires.

Some more pics around Radiator Spirngs

Just 25 MPH in RS

The back side of Cozy Cone Motel which did seem to pick up after it didn’t look that busy a while ago.

Now Mater is at the character meet & greet area

One more look at the Cozy Cone Motel sign

That's it for this post and I will have more from DCA.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #2223
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Hi Bret,
I am still amazed at the level of detail in CL! Down to the oil can at Flow's Cafe. Did you notice if the wait times at TSMM have gone down since CL is open?

I wouldn't have waited an hour in the s/b line for RSR either. Too much to see and do!

Thanks for the updates!
T
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #2224
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Love the Cars Land pics! I can't believe all the little details that make it look like you stepped into the movie.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #2225
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hi Bret,
I am still amazed at the level of detail in CL! Down to the oil can at Flow's Cafe. Did you notice if the wait times at TSMM have gone down since CL is open?

I wouldn't have waited an hour in the s/b line for RSR either. Too much to see and do!

Thanks for the updates!
T
TK -

...Not just the oil cans at Flo's, but there are deliberately placed oil stains/spots on the ground outside of Flo's! It looks real, like what you expect to see at a gas station or something. But it's actually Disney's craftsmanship.

You can imagine the odd look or two that I got when I took a picture of the oil stains on the ground in June!!! Only the truest of Disney fans would understand why I was fascinated with those spots.

Also, there are cracks in the ground in certain other areas of CL - again, all intentional and deliberately placed for effect. A lot of things look weathered and worn, dusty and rusty - really, the whole land is an incredible tribute to the level of detail that Disney is known for!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12

Last edited by Sherry E; 08-18-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Typo
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #2226
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!

All caught up! Love your pics and report!

Lori
kylie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #2227
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Bret - I love the wall art! Thanks for sharing those...I have a thing for street art and love looking at graffiti and murals and frescos anywhere. When I eventually get to go back, I'm going to have to hunt down that wall.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #2228
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I love it, thanks for the pictures. What is in the cozy cone hotel?

Justice For Travis
usnuzuloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #2229
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Bret,

Thanks for the updates!
T
Hi TK,

Just as Sherry pointed out that the littlest details which makes Disney parks so great. I always try to find the most interesting things at the parks from the biggest to the littlest by reading and seeing other people's pictures. That what makes going to the Disney parks so fun by looking at things that we don't see too often on different websites.

TSMM wait time just barely dropped. The best time to go to TSMM is when the park opens at 8am. Mostly all the guests went straight towards Cars Land and the FP queue. My DB, his GF and I rode TSMM later Tuesday morning around 9am and we only had to wait 15 minutes to get on TSMM. I know that you would be jumping for joy with that short wait time. It just shows us with new lands opening and early entry time to the park which is 10am in the past, that rides wait times can be shorten. I remember later during the day that the wait time for TSMM can go towards 40 minutes in the afternoon.

Your welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Love the Cars Land pics! I can't believe all the little details that make it look like you stepped into the movie.
Thank you Angela. From every little detail you see is so amazing. I didn't get a lot of little detail pictures like on my last trip. But there were some that I did get during the trip. I will show more of little details at Cars Land later on during my TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
TK -

...Not just the oil cans at Flo's, but there are deliberately placed oil stains/spots on the ground outside of Flo's! It looks real, like what you expect to see at a gas station or something. But it's actually Disney's craftsmanship.

You can imagine the odd look or two that I got when I took a picture of the oil stains on the ground in June!!! Only the truest of Disney fans would understand why I was fascinated with those spots.

Also, there are cracks in the ground in certain other areas of CL - again, all intentional and deliberately placed for effect. A lot of things look weathered and worn, dusty and rusty - really, the whole land is an incredible tribute to the level of detail that Disney is known for!
I did remember the oil stains at Flo's V8 Cafe. Not just oil stains/spots at Flo's, there are also cracks around the Flo's and other spots at CL. The Imagineers really did a great job on the littlest details of CL as well as BVS. You are really good Sherry with looking at the littlest details at the parks. That what makes it so fun to take pictures of the littlest things at the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie71 View Post
All caught up! Love your pics and report!

Lori
Thank you Lori.

Quote:
Bret - I love the wall art! Thanks for sharing those...I have a thing for street art and love looking at graffiti and murals and frescos anywhere. When I eventually get to go back, I'm going to have to hunt down that wall.
Thank you PiO. That street art is very nice and I can't believe I forgot to get a picture of it during my June trip. Luckily I didn't forget about it and that was one of the pictures that I needed to get at CL. When you go back next year, I can't wait to see your picture of it. I used the 35mm lens and I couldn't get the whole picture in one pic. Next time I will use the 18-55mm lens for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I love it, thanks for the pictures. What is in the cozy cone hotel?
Thank you Jo. Inside the Cozy Cone Motel is just the lobby. You can't go inside the lobby, but there are a lot of decorations with cones in it. It is just for decorations.

The next post will be up shortly.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 08-19-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #2230
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – August 13, 2012– Part 5

I just left off at Cars Land while I am getting some pics until I head on over to DL for Magical fireworks that Monday night. The whole day wasn’t as bad as I predicted when I looked at touring plans crowd level. Cars Land was about average that day, as well as the ride wait times. I know that Radiator Springs Racers wait time was over 1 ½ hours, but it was way better then opening month and July. I could have ride RSR that day, but I had other things to do.

I was about to leave Cars Land and get some pics while I was around Cars Land.

Now time to try some one touch color.

A look at Sarge’s Surplus Hut and the flag.

Over at Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, the wait time was only 10 minutes which was a short wait time.

A look at Fillmores Taste-In

Now leaving Cars Land. It was nice to walk through Cars Land with the hedges not covering the entrance to Radiator Springs. It wasn’t as bad as I thought when I left, but I had to do other things around DCA until I head on out of DCA and over to DL for the fireworks.

After going around Cars Land, I am heading on over to Pacific Wharf to get some pictures.

A look at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop. I still miss the old Mission Tortilla Factory which is now Ghirardelli’s. I mostly miss about Mission is the free tortilla that you get when you go in. But I know that Ghirardelli will be a great place to get ice cream after watching WoC that night.

I passed through Ghirardelli and on my way towards the rest of Pacific Wharf.

Light fixtures at Lucky Fortune Cookery. LFC is one of my favorite quick counter restaurants at DCA.

Cocina Cucamonga

Just left Pacific Wharf and crossing the bridge over to PP.

PP didn’t look that busy that day with most of the people in DCA over at Cars Land or at TSMM.

A look at the Little Mermaid ride

Right across from the Little Mermaid ride is the Embarcadero Gifts store. This store mostly has Little Mermaid merchandise.

So I now left PP and now over to Grizzly Peak

Eureka Gold and timber Co. building which is part of Grizzly River Rapid

Now walking down the path towards Redwood Creek Challenge Trail

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail sign

Another light fixture right by GRR

I now approached GRR which was busy that day. The wait time was at least 40 minutes. Every year GRR does get the crowds due to the summertime and when it is not that hot in the off season or Christmas season, the wait times are walkable. I haven’t rode GRR in quite a long time since I don’t want to get wet or get my equipment wet.

I was also thinking of getting a FP that night for WoC, but I was planning on watching Magical at 9:30pm and then head on over to IASW to see Magic, Memories & You at 10:15pm so watching WoC was not an option until Tuesday with my DB and his GF.

That’s it for this post and I will have more from DCA as I am about to leave and head on over to DL for the fireworks.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #2231
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post

Another light fixture right by GRR

Great pic~ Yes, my family would have been jumping for joy at a 15 minute wait time for TSMM and gone as many times as our forearms would hold out!

Looking forward to the fireworks with you.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #2232
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great pic~ Yes, my family would have been jumping for joy at a 15 minute wait time for TSMM and gone as many times as our forearms would hold out!

Looking forward to the fireworks with you.
Thank you TK. I could have gone on TSMM a 2nd time that day after riding it the first time, but we were trying to enjoy as much as possible and do other rides than going on the same ride over and over which you would easily do. You would have a blast that day riding TSMM. It is hard especially to choose if you want to go on TSMM or go to RSR and take a chance. I always think of you when I go on TSMM and I knew that you would easily ride TSMM a lot with short wait times.

I need to upload my video of Magical that night it will take another two to three posts until the fireworks.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #2233
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – August 13, 2012– Part 6

Day 1 – August 13, 2012– Part 6

I just left off at Grizzly Peak and I’m now about to head on out of DCA and over to DL for Magical fireworks. The whole day has just been taking pictures and pictures of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. Over at GRR, the wait time was quite long as I was heading on out of the park.

That is a lot of signs

Now I am entering Condor Flats. It is so weird to pass through the former entrance/exit to DCA right between Soarin and the GCH. It just been a couple of months ago when I went through the side entrance and now that BVS is opened, I wonder what they will do with the side entrance.

Soarin was about in the 30 minute range that day which is no surprise. But I did get a few random pics around Soarin.

A look at Taste Pilots Grill which the X-1 jet is no longer there

I’m now back at BVS and once again taking more random pics of the newest land at DCA.

Another look at the Red Car Trolley as it’s past on BVS

More look at BVS as I head on out of the park

The fountain in the center of BVS and DCA

Window display on BVS. It was hard to not get the blurry image through the window.

Across the street was the Elias & Company store sign

I was about to head on out of the park, it was close to 6:15pm and Soundsational at DL was still going on at MS. So I used that time to go on in the Elias & Company store to look at the merchandise.

Light fixtures inside the Elias & Company store

I thought about buying something at the Elias & Company store, but I didn’t want to carry more stuff with me since I have my tripod, camera, video camera, and a blanket in my bag. Plus I have two more other days to buy something at the store. So I just forgot about buying something that day and moved on.

After going through the Elias & Company Store, I head on back through the same door that I came through. Mickey is now approaching with a lot of guests following him.

Flowers around the Elias & Company store

With one touch color of red of the flowers

Now I head on out of the park and on to DL. BVS didn’t look that crowded that day so I am hoping that DL won’t be as crowded. With everything that has gone this summer, it wouldn’t surprise to see DL less crowded than DL. I don’t know why I would imagine I would say that DCA would have more guests than DL. But with CL & BVS a big hit this summer it takes some pressure off DL.

Another look at the Red Car Trolley going down BVS

BVS Red Car Trolley station sign

A look at Oswald’s Gas station which is another merchandise store

A look at Los Feliz Five & Dime store as well as the Carthay Circle Theater

Before I left DCA, I saw a DCA map right by Oswald’s Gas station. This is the same decorated map just like at DL which is about the same art work but it is DCA as the map.

A look at the DCA Braille Map right by the Oswald’s Gas station store

I head on out of DCA around 6:30pm and on my way over to DL for Magical fireworks that night. I will get back tomorrow with the next latest update from the DLR and over to DL.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #2234
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Thanks for sharing. Seems like the new expanded DCA and entry is working out well for this park. Glad to see all the details, new retail and new rides working out for Disney.

Looking forward to your next set of posts and pictures.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #2235
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Seems like the new expanded DCA and entry is working out well for this park. Glad to see all the details, new retail and new rides working out for Disney.

Looking forward to your next set of posts and pictures.
Your welcome. The new Cars Land and the Buena Vista Street are a big hit for DCA. This is only the beginning for DCA and I would say that there will be more in the future. Just don't know what they will come up with. There are still problems with RSR where it breaks down at least once a day. I also read that LFT doesn't have the beach balls anymore. I did look at LFT and didn't see any of the beach balls on the ride. I was wondering why they didn't have them out there on the ride. But after reading from micechat and mouseplanet, it does make sense since it slows down the ride and people can get hurt from tossing the beach balls to other people.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: