Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #2101
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
She must have watched game 6 at home since the Kings lose game 4 at the Staples Center.
You're right. I just looked up the pictures she posted on her Facebook page. They were posted on 06-06-12. You were at ESPN Zone 06-11-12. They were different days.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #2102
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

If those pictures were hand held with at least 4 second exposures, you must have an incredibly steady hand. They look great.

I think I can see you buying a second tripod at some stage.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #2103
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
If those pictures were hand held with at least 4 second exposures, you must have an incredibly steady hand. They look great.

I think I can see you buying a second tripod at some stage.
I did have my DSLR in my hands while my video camera was on my tripod during Magical fireworks. Thank you PiO. It was so hard to keep the camera steady for the firework trails. Some of them were very bad, some were good and while some were not that bad for an amateur photographer like me that had no previous experience with the firework trails.

I actually do have multiple tripods. I have four tripods. The one I used during the trip goes as high as 65 inches. I didn't extend the legs all the way during the fireworks so the tripod can be as tall as 70+ inches. My tallest one goes as high as 72 inches. I would have easily brought two tripods that day, but my DA didn't want to carry the other tripod. I didn't have another bag to carry another one. Carrying two tripods was going to be difficult and my DA was not willing to carry one of them.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #2104
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – June 11, 2012– Part 9

Day 3 – June 11, 2012– Part 9

After Magical was over, we thought about heading on over to IASW Plaza to see MMY. But after reading the threads before we left to Anaheim, I did read from another thread that it is possible to get a good viewing spot for the 2nd show of F! after the fireworks. I did reply to that thread that it is possible to see the 2nd show of F! after the firewowrks. It only depends on how fast you can get over to the RoA for the 2nd show. So it was a good idea for the two of us to head on over to the RoA to see the 2nd show of F!.

I packed up my tripod back in my tripod bag and carried my video camera and camera so we can head on over to the RoA for the 2nd show of F!. It was really quite busy heading on over to the RoA. Most of the people around the Hub went straight on over to Frontierland since Adventureland is an exit for the guests that watched the first show of F!. So we knew that we had to go through Frontierland since we can't go through Rancho Del Zocalo side entrance since the Carnation Plaza Gardens was closed due to the construction for the Fantasy Faire.

We did have to walk through with all those people that were heading on over to the RoA. Last time I watched F! was back in 2011 during the D23 Expo when HydroGuy and I walked from DCA Paradise Park on over to DL for the 2nd show of F!. I knew that it was possible to see the first show of WoC and see the 2nd show of F! that same night. I knew that it was possible to get a ground sitting spot at the RoA for the 2nd show.

It took quite awhile to get to the RoA since there were a lot of people heading on over there as well as us. When we got to the RoA sitting area for F! we got my usual spot right behind the F! dessert package sitting area. The F! dessert seats were up a level so they were not behind us. We were at the rope off area where no one was behind us so I can use my tripod without having anyone behind me.

This was about 10:00pm when we got our spot and now have to wait 30 minutes until it was time for the 2nd show of F!.

There was barely anyone on our left side.

The whole area didn't fill up until it was about 15 minutes until the show, so my DA and I just waited around until it was time for the 2nd show of F!.

F! is one of my favorite nighttime shows at the DLR, but I have been barely seeing it lately on my last few trips because of the different fireworks of the season, MMY, and WoC. So it was nice to do the F! that night. I was also surprise that I didn't see MMY the whole trip. I was about to see it on Saturday night, but I was tired from driving on Saturday morning and the preview also took some toll that day. It was no problem missing MMY, but that will be one of my must do on the next trip. I have heard about another new segment part of the show that includes the summertime. I hope to see it on the next trip after not seeing it this previous trip.

But back to F!. The show is stil the same after the new updates back in 2009 with Murphy, Flotsam and Jetsam. Here are some pics that I took from the video that i recorded that night. I couldn't put up the video since there were a lot of parts that were blurry. So here are some pics from the 2nd show of F! that night.

PP scene with the Columbia

Beauty and the Beast float

Snow White float

During the Ursula part of the show, Flotsam & Jetsam didn't make an appearance. I was disappointed that Flotsam and Jetsam didn't make an apperance.

Mickey and Malificent

Murphy now makes an appearance

We got fire!!!

Now all the characters on the Mark Twain

Now the ending of F!.

After F! was over, we started to head on out of the park. But we knew that everyone was also thinking of the same thing so we waited for awhile at the RoA until it settle down. After about one minute, we made our move and start to exit the park. Since there was no 3rd show that night, Froniterland is also another exit for the people that watched the 2nd show of F!.

When we were exiting the park, we didn't get our dessert. Since we were exiting towards Adventureland we stoppep at the Tiki Juice Bar on the way out since we like to get a Dole Whip at night.

We had to wait about 5 minutes in order to get our Dole Whip. Boy do I really want to have a Dole whip right now.

So we had our Dole Whip on the way out as we waked down MS. MS at night looks great at night. But it will even look better during the Halloween and Christmas season.

MS didn't look that busy after 11pm since most of the people are already out of the park that night.

Already 11:10pm that Monday night.

Most of the stores were open that night.

The Emporium

Main Street Town Square didn't look that busy since most of the people are heading out of the park that night.

The Disney Showcase store on the outside.

We were still walking on out of the park that night which was already past 11:10pm. I will be right back with more from that night as we head on back to the room. And also a conclusion of Monday during my DA birthday.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #2105
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – June 11, 2012– Part 10

Day 3 – June 11, 2012– Part 10

We were heading on out of DL that Monday night after watching Magical and the 2nd show of F!. It was a nice night after watching those two shows, but it was already late so we head on out of the park.

The park didn't look that busy that night since most of the people are already out of the park, but there still were people in the park that night.

It was almost 11:15pm

So we are now heading on out of the park.

Now we are at the front side of the park and the MS station looks great at night.

They still were letting guests in the park that late at night, but we were done after doing our two nighttime shows.

We were at the esplanade and it was kind of quiet that night.

So we head on back to BWAI. On the way back to the hotel, there were just a few people heading on back to the room while a lot of CM's are leaving the same time as we are.

We got back to the room around 11:25pm since it took about 8 minutes to get from the esplanade to our room at BWAI. We were tired from that night and we called it for the night. I was up until midnight since I waited for my DA to take her shower as I was last.

My DA birthday turned out great for her. Not only did we get to eat at Storyteller's Cafe and ESPN Zone, we also got to watch Magical and F! that same night. It is always fun to watch the fireworks and F! at DL every time at night. I got to use the firework trail without using a tripod which was very tough and of course I got to videotape Magical which never gets old to me. F! was the same as always, but it was sad that we didn't get to see Flotsam and Jetsam that night. My DA had a great time eating at Storyteller's Cafe and ESPN Zone. I know that a lot of you DISers were surprise to hear that we ate at the ESPN Zone again after eating there during lunch on Sunday. We always like to eat at the ESPN Zone at night so it was perfect to eat there as well as watching the Stanley Cup finals.

The whole day was like a usual day at the park where I go early in the morning at 8am which I like to do and get a lot of pics. I rode BLAB which I got a nice score. Just as you said Kim that I should try to take advantage of the rides in the morning at DL. Maybe during my next month trip that we will go on as many rides as we can.

We did see a lot of AP holders at DCA that day for the AP preview of CL & BVS. It didn't bother us since we would love to go to CL & BVS that day, but after going to the preview on Saturday and Sunday, we had a great time and I would believe that Monday is worse then Saturday and Sunday.

The park did seem a little busy at both places since the summer crowds were not there yet as well as the opening day, but it was nice day at the park. I was about to cancel this day when we learned that we didn't get selected for the AP preview of CL & BVS. But it turned out great by enjoying Magical and F! that same night. But most importantly, it was my DA birthday so I knew that this was going to be special for her.

Now is the last day of the trip which is Tuesday. This is mostly the day where my DA just rests up until we leave around 11pm back to Livingston to my grandmothers house. I mostly go in the park in the morning to get a few pics and a couple of times to go on rides until it was time to head on home.

I will have the next day tonight or tomorrow due to some work tonight.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #2106
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Glad you were able to see the second showing of Fantasmic after Magical. We missed both of those this trip but did see MMY and WoC. Together, we got them all. Sounds like your Aunt had a great birthday. What a nice way to spend the day.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #2107
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Glad you were able to see the second showing of Fantasmic after Magical. We missed both of those this trip but did see MMY and WoC. Together, we got them all. Sounds like your Aunt had a great birthday. What a nice way to spend the day.
Thank you Kim. Some people say that you can't even get a ground sitting spot at the RoA after watching Magical from the Hub. I have done it before in the past and it is possible to get a good spot without getting the F! dessert package for the 2nd show. I am still glad that you got to see MMY and WoC during your trip. Have you ever seen RDCT? If you go when RDCT is playing, I would think about seeing it one day. Some people say that RDCT is better then Wishes fireworks at the MK at WDW. She had a great birthday. This birthday trip was way better then the 2009 or 2010 trips.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #2108
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – June 12, 2012– Part 1

Day 4 – June 12, 2012– Part 1

Now it is Tuesday which is the saddest part of the trip where you have to go home after your trip. We were really excited to go during this trip because of the preview of CL on Saturday and Sunday. It was way better then going on opening day so we don't have to fight with the crowds to go on rides like RSR, LFT and MJJ. I also realize during opening day week which I really wanted to go because of the opening day merchandise as well as the Glow with the Show ears that I really wanted. But they weren't available during our time. But I did get the ears thanks to a friend who lives in LA. I was so happy to get the ears from my friend so I can use them during my next month trip to Anaheim.

Now back to the trip report. It was Tuesday morning around 7am when I got up, my DA was still sleeping that day and she doesn't feel like going to the park early that morning. So I went to DL that morning by myself while she is resting up at the hotel. It is also good that she will be rested up so she can drive. I also do drive when we go back home to Sacramento. We always do switch every time we drive because she feels comfortable with someone all fresh so that one of us won't daze off while driving.

I took a shower and got change and I left the hotel around 7:45am. My DA wants to leave LA around 11pm since we can beat the LA traffic. Sometimes the traffic can be really bad when we leave LA around that time. But since it is during a crowded weekday, it was possible that there will be some traffic going on out of SoCal.

It was a nice typical morning in SoCal while it was cloudy and the weather was around in the 60s was very nice in the morning. On Harbor Blvd, it didn't look that busy on going to the DLR.

I got over to the esplanade around 7:55am and there were few people in the area. There were no people around the DCA entrance while DL is not opened just yet. While I was walking down the esplanade, there was a stage in the middle of the esplanade, so I would guess

When I past through the turnstiles at DL, it was already 8am so I got at DL at the right time that morning.

When went underneath the MS station, the Grad Night banner was up. I knew that day was a grad night, luckily we will be leaving that day.

Ms looked very nice that morning with people heading down MS to go to their next destination.

It was already passed 8am so the rope drop already started so I knew that heading up on MS would be less crowded.

Carnation Cafe still closed

It was past 8am and all the people are already at each different land that morning. I started to head on over to TL to get a FP before I go on BLAB.

Over at TL, it really looked like a busy morning at DL which it should be. The first two mornings didn't look like that Tuesday morning. ST was at 10 minutes while I know that it will be at least 10+ minutes in awhile.

There were a lot of people heading on over to BLAB so I just waited for awhile and I head on over to Space Mountain to get a FP. I also can see what the wait time is like that morning.

Quite a number of people heading on over to Space Mountain

At Space Mountain entrance, the wait time was already 10 minutes and I knew that it was going to be worse that day.

There was quite a long line just to get on Space Mountain that morning. It's been awhile since I saw a long line at Space Mountain for quite some time. The line was almost close to the Redd Rocket’s Pizza Port.

I got my FP and the return time was 8:50am to 9:50am that Tuesday morning. After getting the FP, I start to head on over to BLAB. TL really look quite busy that Tuesday morning.

Now I was on BLAB. I said this over and over again that I am hoping to get over 1,000,000+ points on BLAB since I like to challenge myself. But after riding it over and over since my last trip in March, I should appreciate that I get these good scores on BLAB. Once again I'm saying this which you will like to get this score on BLAB TK. It would be great to ride BLAB one day as well as TSMM.

My score during BLAB was 651,500 points that day. It was a good score which didn't beat my score from Sunday. But still it was a good score that morning.

After BLAB, I start to walk around DL to get my usual morning pictures at DL. Tuesday morning was quite odd since there were a lot of people that morning. Mostly, the park is about half empty and there were half more people that morning then a usual day. There were a lot of people heading on over to BLAB while ST didn't have anyone going on the ride.

Over at the Hub, there were quite a number of people.

Some of the flowers at the Hub as well as a duck.

Down towards MS, there were quite a number of people coming int he park that morning and it was close to 8:30am.

Now I was over at Adventureland and it was quiet that morning as well. After going around TL, I head on over to Adventureland where I like to go by Indy to see what the wait time was like.

When I got to Indy, the wait time was at 20 minutes which was high that morning. So I just went by it and on my over to the RoA.

That's it for tonight and I will have more from Tuesday morning which is a very busy morning.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #2109
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Thank you Kim. Some people say that you can't even get a ground sitting spot at the RoA after watching Magical from the Hub. I have done it before in the past and it is possible to get a good spot without getting the F! dessert package for the 2nd show. I am still glad that you got to see MMY and WoC during your trip. Have you ever seen RDCT? If you go when RDCT is playing, I would think about seeing it one day. Some people say that RDCT is better then Wishes fireworks at the MK at WDW. She had a great birthday. This birthday trip was way better then the 2009 or 2010 trips.
We did see RDCT around the 50th anniversary. I was not even aware they still showed it. When do they show it (for special occasions)? Glad you both had a great trip.

Even though you did not score over a million, I am glad you got a great score on Buzz. This was the first week that most schools were officially out, so I bet that is why crowds are picking up. Summer season was starting, and some of those people were probably there early in preparation for the Cars Land opening. Glad your DA was resting up for the drive home. I never give Crap a chance to rest.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #2110
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina

We did see RDCT around the 50th anniversary. I was not even aware they still showed it. When do they show it (for special occasions)? Glad you both had a great trip.

Even though you did not score over a million, I am glad you got a great score on Buzz. This was the first week that most schools were officially out, so I bet that is why crowds are picking up. Summer season was starting, and some of those people were probably there early in preparation for the Cars Land opening. Glad your DA was resting up for the drive home. I never give Crap a chance to rest.
Yes, RDCT debut during DL 50th anniversary. They still shown RDCT during specific seasons at DL. DL runs RDCT from January to May & September to November. During the slow season and spring break, RDCT is showing those nights. During the month of October, RDCT is running on the weekends while Halloween Screams fireworks is running Mickey's Halloween Party. In November, it runs before the Holiday season on the weekends. We had a great time last month.

I know that those scores on BLAB are very good scores. I would say that you were right about e crowds that Tuesday morning. But there were barely any crowds on Monday morning which surmise me a lot. Where did all those people come from on Tuesday while I didn't see anyone on Monday. You could be right that the park was busy on tuesday morning so those people there for opening day on Friday. She always likes to rest up on our last day since she is cautious when driving back home to Sacramento. When you down to LA from Vegas and back, how much of the driving does he do?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #2111
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Catching up. Another great sets of posts; and another fantastic score on BLAB.

DL looks more crowded this morning. Isn't it funny how some days it is quiet and others busy? Was it busy because it was Grad Nite?

Glad your DA enjoyed her birthday!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #2112
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Yes, RDCT debut during DL 50th anniversary. They still shown RDCT during specific seasons at DL. DL runs RDCT from January to May & September to November. When you down to LA from Vegas and back, how much of the driving does he do?

My last five trips have all been outside those dates (June 2012, June/July 2010, July/August 2009, July/August 2008, and June 2007). Why did we not go during the school year when we could? Who knows? As you know, we missed 2011 for our cruise and WDW trip. Our 2010 WDW trip was cheaper, so we did go to both that year. We did go to Dl in April 2007, but we did not watch the fireworks that trip. I saw RDCT in 2005 around the 50th anniversary (Summer time). I was pregnant most of 2006, so we skipped Disney. I have never done Disney pregnant. I think 2006 was the only year I remember that we did not do anything Disney. We went at least once a year when I was growing up. I lived in Cali my first three years of life. My Dad says we went all of the time. Of course, I do not remember any of those really early trips. I also skipped Disneyland in 2003 to save for our wedding, but we did go to Disneyworld for our honeymoon. Yes, I really think 2006 was the only year we did not go.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #2113
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Crap and I have been together for over 16 years (married less than 9) and have taken a lot of road trips together. In all of our trips, I drove one time for less than 30 minutes. He demanded I pull the car over at the nearest town and let him drive. I do not like driving, so I am not really complaining. My only complaint is his stupid rule about the driver controlling the radio. Even around town, he always drives unless he is not feeling well or has had more than one drink. Granted, most of the time I go out he is not with me, so I still do a decent amount of driving. If you believe it, Crap claims I am a bad driver. Since I have not been the driver in an accident in 11.5 years (which was even determined to be the other driver's fault) I think it is safe to say he exaggerates.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #2114
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz
Catching up. Another great sets of posts; and another fantastic score on BLAB.

DL looks more crowded this morning. Isn't it funny how some days it is quiet and others busy? Was it busy because it was Grad Nite?

Glad your DA enjoyed her birthday!
Thank you PiO.

Disneyland in the morning didn't look crowded that Monday morning, but Tuesday morning did look quite busy. it is very interesting to see DL one day crowded in the morning sent he next day it seemed crowded. I believe you are right PiO since it was a Grad Nite and a lot of kids were coming that day. So it did make sense whhy Dzl was crowded that morning.

My DA had a great birthday trip.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #2115
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My last five trips have all been outside those dates (June 2012, June/July 2010, July/August 2009, July/August 2008, and June 2007). Why did we not go during the school year when we could? Who knows? As you know, we missed 2011 for our cruise and WDW trip. Our 2010 WDW trip was cheaper, so we did go to both that year. We did go to Dl in April 2007, but we did not watch the fireworks that trip. I saw RDCT in 2005 around the 50th anniversary (Summer time). I was pregnant most of 2006, so we skipped Disney. I have never done Disney pregnant. I think 2006 was the only year I remember that we did not do anything Disney. We went at least once a year when I was growing up. I lived in Cali my first three years of life. My Dad says we went all of the time. Of course, I do not remember any of those really early trips. I also skipped Disneyland in 2003 to save for our wedding, but we did go to Disneyworld for our honeymoon. Yes, I really think 2006 was the only year we did not go.
I see. Thanks for the history of you going to the Disney parks Kim. The last two trips were great because of Xander and Connor birthdays. RDCT is a great firework show ever since 2005 and still is.

Quote:
Crap and I have been together for over 16 years (married less than 9) and have taken a lot of road trips together. In all of our trips, I drove one time for less than 30 minutes. He demanded I pull the car over at the nearest town and let him drive. I do not like driving, so I am not really complaining. My only complaint is his stupid rule about the driver controlling the radio. Even around town, he always drives unless he is not feeling well or has had more than one drink. Granted, most of the time I go out he is not with me, so I still do a decent amount of driving. If you believe it, Crap claims I am a bad driver. Since I have not been the driver in an accident in 11.5 years (which was even determined to be the other driver's fault) I think it is safe to say he exaggerates.
At least you don't have to drive during all those years. I can understand that it is a stupid rule about the driver controlling the radio. I have no problem whatever my DA wants to hear when we are driving together. Mostly we listen to the sport radio channels on the road. As what you said, I don't think you are a bad driver, I think that Crap exaggerates too much. He should take it easy if you are driving him.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: