Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #196
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Its time to go back to my TR.

When I went back to the locker and got my tripod for the parade, I head on straight over to IASWH area for my videotaping. I really got there around 2pm and already there was just a few people already sitting in the parade line.

Than when it got closer to the show, more and more people started to show up as always for any parade. I got there late and was behind a family. But I did that on intentionally since I don't want to block a family when I was videotaping and taking pictures of the parade. Than it was around 2:30pm and the music started and "A Christmas Fantasy" parade started and it is just the same as last year except when I saw the parade last year from the reserved viewing area for the Tour, the snowflakes were not part of the parade that I watch last year. This year they had all the characters for the show.
Here are my pictures of the 2:30pm "A Christmas Fantasy" parade on Nov. 19

I will post more of the 2:30pm "A Christmas Fantasy" parade and write the rest of my TR later today.

Hope u enjoy the pics
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #197
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Bret:
Since you saw both what was your opinion of this....you saw the afternoon and evening Chirstmas Fantasy Parade, which was better easier to see?

Did you think that was a good veiwing spot for WoC? I know you didn't like where you first saw it. From watching your video I liked where I had seen it from which was yellow left second tier. It just seemed from the hydrant you are looking over so many heads. Is that a good place to try for?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #198
PrincessKell
Disney Princess Wanna be
Ok I did it! I actually got around to sewing!

I always love detailed TR with lots of pictures. you do such a great job. Makes me wish I was there NOW!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #199
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Bret:
Since you saw both what was your opinion of this....you saw the afternoon and evening Chirstmas Fantasy Parade, which was better easier to see?

Did you think that was a good veiwing spot for WoC? I know you didn't like where you first saw it. From watching your video I liked where I had seen it from which was yellow left second tier. It just seemed from the hydrant you are looking over so many heads. Is that a good place to try for?
Yes, I have seen both the first and second parade that day. I wil also post the pics for the nighttime pics of the parade later. The daytime was nice and I thought the nighttime was better than the daytime. But for the video quality was not better than the daytime.

From the spot that I was that night for WoC from Disneyland 1951 chart, I thought it was nice spot to see the show and a excellent spot to videotape the show. I don't have to worry about my video camera from getting wet and I could get the the side projections on the video. Originally I didn't like that spot earlier, but now I changed my mine and I like it right now to videotape the show. But my favorite spot is the 2nd tier for the blue FP. If I don't want to wait at the viewing area (actually I would still wait no matter what) this is a good backup way to see the show from a good spot. When I watch it that night there was some stupid person in the VIP seating area in front of the picture standing up during the first half of the show and than sat on the bleachers during the 2nd half. There were a lot of heads, but I at least got to see the whole show from the bottom to the top. If you get a blue FP and don't want to wait to get a good spot in the viewing area, I think this is perfect to do.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #200
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

It's time to finish up the pictures for the 2:30 "A Christmas Fantasy" parade from FL right by IASWH on Nov 19. I believe it is after Goofy and Max float. Some of the photos are blurry since they were taken from my Nikon D60 camera.

Lady Tremaine, Drizella, and Anastasia

Princess Aurora, Prince Philip, Ariel and Prince Eric

Candlelight Christmas Ball Float

Chip and Dale Humdinger

Woody on a rocking horse

Geppetto, Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio on the giant Toy Factory float

Buzz Lightyear on a spaceship

The Seven Dwarves

8 Finale Dancers

Santa Claus and his 8 Reindeers

After the parade, it was time to go over to DCA and get my picnic. Yes, I forgot to get my picnic when I was over at DCA, but I did that on purpose since I could take it back with me to the hotel and have it for dinner. Instead of following the end of the parade since it will take awhile, I decided to go towards Tomorrowland side. And tha when I got to MS USA the Toy Factory float was right there and I was already ahead of the parade. Before I head over to the exit, I went back to the locker by the Cone shop on MS and put away my tripod so I can use it later for the 2nd parade and WoC that night.

After I put back my tripod in the locker, I tried to get out of the park but the floats were too close to one another and I had to wait until the Santa float came by. I did lose a few minutes of my time, but it was nice to watch the parade while I was waiting.

When I got out of DL, I head straight on over to DCA. The first thing I did was to get to WCT and pick up my WoC picnic. As I have reported earlier on my PTR, I have chosen the American picnic again just like on the August 2010 trip. I should have chosen something else, but I just like the American version.

Than when I got my WoC tote bag I head straight on back to my hotel. I went through the GCH exit and it did save me about 5 minutes to go through the GCH than going through the main entrance. It was around 3:45 when I left DCA and it took me about 15 min to get back to the hotel around 4pm. I only had 30 minutes to rest up and head back to DL for the 5:30 parade. I just needed that time to take a shower and bring all me other equipment for that night.

I will write my TR for that night later.

Thx for reading.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #201
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, now is the time to write my TR for that night on Friday Nov. 19.

I left off at when I returned back to BW Stovalls around 4:00pm. I used that time to rest up and get all my camera equipment for the two nighttime shows at the DLR. Than it was around 4:30pm and it was time to head back to DLR. I am not even thinking about using the ART system since it does take awhile for the bus to come so I just kept walking. I was considering of getting a ticket for that night since my legs were hurting but it was fine.

I went to DL around 4:45pm and it was time for the flag retreat on MS USA. Its been awhile since I was at the Flag retreat since I am back in my hotel room resting up for the nighttime shows.

After the Flag Retreat, I got a good spot right at the entrance for the 2nd "A Christmas Fantasy" parade right by the Christmas Tree by the Disney Showcase store. I also got to see the lighting of the Christmas tree on MS USA. It looked even better when the lights turn on.

I talked to this nice family that was right next to me for the parade and they have never to DL during the Holiday season and they were very impressed with the Holiday decorations. They also was wondering what was WoC and I told them the details of the show and how to get a FP for the viewing area. They were happy about the show and were planning on doing it the next day at DCA. Than it was time for the 5:30pm "A Christmas Fantasy" parade. I thought it looked even better at night than the daytime. But the video quality of my video was not better than the daytime. But it was enjoyable to see the parade again.

(Sry, the image quality is very poor at night)

When the parade was over I put all my equipment away and in my backpack and it was time to head on back over to DCA and get ready for the 9pm WoC show. I also remember to see ElecTRONica that night.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #202
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Bret on the ballroom float, are the candles "lit" with real flames?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #203
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

After watching "A Christmas Fantasy" parade, I head on over to DCA for the 9pm WoC show. It was around 5:45 when I got to DCA from DL after seeing the parade. This was also the last time to see the CALIFORNIA letters at night for the last time.

Than I realize I have just a few minutes until the opening of ElecTRONica, but it was already crowded and a sudden I was start to feel hungry and decided to get something to eat. I was going to miss the opening of ElecTRONica if I have done that. I wasn't filled up by the WoC picnic and I wanted to eat something hot than just cold chicken. So there was barely anytime to go to Pacific Wharf, I decided to eat at Taste Pilots' Grill and had the X-3 Rocket Ribs meal which is the 3 ribs and flyby fries.

After I finished up the meal, it was already time for ElecTRONica opening at the main stage. It was really crowded so I was right next to the kiosk. It was really interesting the first part of the opening. Since it was over, I decided to wait until it died down at ElecTRONica since it was already crowded.

And after it was finished, I decided to go check-out the WoC area. So I headed over to Paradise Pier and see that the CMs are getting the viewing area ready for the 9pm WoC show. I also showed my viewing area for the 9pm WoC show with the blue FP. I am hoping that this is a good spot to videotape WoC for future shows.

I was way too early for the viewing of the 9pm WoC show, so I decided to head on back to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and see ElecTRONica. When I first seen ElecTRONica pictures from Sara thread, I thought it was another version of Glow Fest. But it was a great idea to promote the movie TRON Legacy coming next month (just like the TRON rail aka Monorail Coral at WDW). It was a nice enjoyable experience during ElecTRONica and it was great. I have went back to it later during the night after WoC so I will write the rest down later.

After seeing the overlay of ElecTRONica, it was around 6:45 and it was time to head on over to Paradise Bay and get ready for my viewing area for the 9pm WoC show. When I got to the viewing area, the barricades were not out and all the CM's are running around to get everything set up. So I waited around the light tower and took some more pics around Paradise Pier. I went up through the bridge of PP and took some more pics around the bay before I head on back to the blockade.

It was around 7:30 and the CM's just brought out the barricades, but they didn't allow anyone in the viewing area. I would assume that this time of the year that they won't be doing the WoC pre-show since I read from a TR about not having the pre-show. I read from and talked with 3TinksAndAnEeyore (Stephanie) about the change to the guests who are going into the viewing area. When it was around 7:50pm, the CM's start letting the guests in the viewing area. When I went to the blue section line, the line was changed towards the entrance by the bridge FP viewing area. I was kind of surprise that they changed it to the bridge area for the blue FP entrance. Than I was wondering if they would let us in the viewing area. But they said that we have to wait around 8:00 and they didn't let us in yet.

Than around 8:15, they start letting the guests in the viewing area. It was a longer wait than I expected to go in the viewing area, I thought it was stupid to wait this long, but without the pre-show, it does make sense to let the guests in the viewing area. I got my spot for the 9pm WoC show and there was no one there until 30 minutes until the show was about to start when the last second guests showed up.

I will post the pictures from my viewing spot for the 9pm WoC show later.

Thx for reading my almost completed TR.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #204
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bret on the ballroom float, are the candles "lit" with real flames?
I don't think they are real flames on the candles. It almost feels like they are real when you watch the video of the parade. But mostly it is just lights illuminating the flames from the candles on the ballroom float.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #205
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Now is the time to post my WoC viewing area pictures from Nov. 19 for the 1st show. The chart that Disneyland 1951 was great and I will try this spot again if I don't want to wait an hour for a good viewing by the bay.

I will post the TRON segment encore just in a few minutes.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:45 AM   #206
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

When the 9pm WoC show was about to be over, than the WoC TRON Segment Encore started to play. I have not seen the TRON segment since I don't want to spoil myself when I see it. It was even better than I have expected and it was worth seeing the WoC show again with the TRON segment.

Nov. 19 WoC TRON Segment Encore on my youtube. Hope you enjoy the WoC TRON Segment Encore

When the WoC TRON Segment Encore was over, I packed all my equipment and start to head back to Hollywood Pictures Backlot. But first I went over to Paradise Pier and see the Christmas Tree during the night. It was even better at night than during the day.

Than I head back to Hollywood Pictures Backlot and to enjoy ElecTRONica. More and more people are not started to partying by Monsters Inc. Than I went to see TRON Legacy 3D Exclusive Sneak Peak.

It was great to see the Sneak Peak of TRON Legacy and I am now committed to see the show when it comes out next month. Than I just more pics around the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and stayed during ElecTRONica for just a half an hour until it was time to go back to DL during the Holiday decorations.

I left DCA around 10pm and I went over to DL and to take pictures of the Holiday decorations around the park. Most of the people are leaving after the fireworks and the 9pm F! show.

But first I am going towards the ROA and see how bad it is during the 2nd F! show at 10:30pm, but most of the spots around the ROA were already filled up. So I walked down towards NOS and see the Holiday decorations around NOS. As I have told on my pp about less decorations in NOS this year than the last few years.

Here is my last years pics and what a big difference from last years to this years.

After going through NOS with the decorations, the DLRR was not that crowded and I just hop on board the C.K. Holliday with Holiday 5 car set and the Lily Belle. I took the ride on the DLRR until we got to Toon Town Station. And than it is time to take pictures of IASWH and also got to see the projections on the attraction.

I will post the rest of the pics on that night later tomorrow.

Hope you all enjoy the pics during my Holiday solo trip.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 11-28-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:53 AM   #207
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I have too many photos on this page and now it's time to post some links towards my videos. The video is IASWH. I have videotape and took pictues of IASWH. It is always the same but it does not get tired for me of seeing all the different decorations. I need to shrink it down so I can start a new page, it takes too long to reload with all these pictures on this page.

IASWH Part 1

IASWH Part 2
Old 11-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #208
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Bret do you have video of the projections?

Also how about the night parade?
Old 11-28-2010, 01:18 AM   #209
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Your IASW night photos are awesome. This is one thing that make A DLR Christmas way better than in the MK.

Though I always wish DLR would get a Osborne Lights although IMO it should go down Hollywood Blvd and of course ElecTRONica is there this year.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #210
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bret do you have video of the projections?

Also how about the night parade?
I don't have the video projections on IASWH since when I got to TT around 10:30pm the show was about to begin and I had no time to videotape it. I also was very tired that day and I just couldn't stay for the whole day since I need to get up early for the character breakfast at the Plaza Inn.

I have part of it on youtube. I need to upload the 3rd part of the parade later this week. But it will be up shortly. Here are the two links for the 2nd parade at 5:30pm on Nov. 19. A Christmas Fantasy Parade 5:30 Show Part 1, A Christmas Fantasy Parade 5:30 Show Part 2

Quote:
Your IASW night photos are awesome. This is one thing that make A DLR Christmas way better than in the MK.

Though I always wish DLR would get a Osborne Lights although IMO it should go down Hollywood Blvd and of course ElecTRONica is there this year.
I completely agree with you Matt. It is a shame that the MK doesn't have IASWH and HMH at WDW. I got to see how MVMCP is during the Holiday season in less than two weeks and I am excited to see it. But DL during the Holiday season will always be my favorite no matter what.

Yea, it would be nice to have a Osborne Lights style event through Hollywood Backlot Pictures which is almost close in the same category just like at DHS. But with ElecTRONica, there is no point of having the Holiday decorations up this year.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: