Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #2041
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 27

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 27

Now back with more pics from CL at night. It was past 10pm and some people were heading on out of CL towards Pacifc Wharf for the 10:15pm WoC show. I decided not to go since I have seen WoC plenty of times and was not happy to hear that there wasn't a private viewing of WoC at 11:15pm. So I used that time to spend more time at CL and later at BVS.

Lizzie's RS Curios Shop

With flash

It didn't look that busy that night which should be a good thing.

Luigis Casa Della Tires

Ramone's House of Body Art

Even at night the stop light still blinks yellow

Luigis sign

A look back

Route 66 logo on the street

A look at Town Hall

Stanley statue

I head on over to RSR to see what the wait time was like. It was really nice to go on RSR that night while the wait time was so short. I wished I went back on RSR that night, but I did enjoy riding it 3 times that day.

The wait time was only 15 minutes while the standby was only 5 minutes which is great

That's it for this morning and I will be back with more from CL.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #2042
wiscbugs
Loving everything Disney!

Love all the night pics of Carsland! Can't wait to go in August!
wiscbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #2043
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbugs View Post
Love all the night pics of Carsland! Can't wait to go in August!
Thank you wiscbugs. Hope you have a great time when you go in August.

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 28

We left off at RSR and after seeing the wait time, I decided to go around CL to take more pics. Later on after the trip, I do regret of not going back on since it was only 5 minute just to get on RSR that night.

While I was around RSR, I got some more nighttime pics of Cadillac Range.

After looking at RSR, I moved on to my next area for taking pictures at CL. I went on over to towards Ornament Valley at RSR on the other side.

FP distribution area in the future for RSR.

Now leaving RSR

A look at the flowers at Town Hall

Neon light signs

Back at Ramone's and Flo's buildings

A look on the side of Ramone's House of Body Art

The side of Flo's V8 Cafe

Now a look at Ornament Valley and Cadillac Range on the side entrance to Pacific Wharf.

They also had a side queue for RSR which wasn't used that day

Pics of Ornament Valley

Very interesting that Mater was coming down from Pacific Wharf instead of coming from ABL side. I was wondering why Mater was coming from this direction then the other direction. But it was a great pic to have Mater with Ornament Valley in the picture.

I will be back with more later tonight.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Old 07-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #2044
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I love the night shots. The darker it gets, the better the neon looks. Wonder if Crap will ever let us stay there that light to view it. The Route 66 on the ground and the flashing yellow lights were two of my favorite details. I wonder if we will ever see a 5 minute SR or 15 minute standby line again. Those pictures you got may be history in the making that are unlikely to be repeated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Nice pics of you Kimberley. Hope to see those pictures on your new TR too!
I will put them in my report, But I also wanted Bret to see why we wanted Xander to sit in the back the second time.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #2045
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I love the night shots. The darker it gets, the better the neon looks. Wonder if Crap will ever let us stay there that light to view it. The Route 66 on the ground and the flashing yellow lights were two of my favorite details. I wonder if we will ever see a 5 minute SR or 15 minute standby line again. Those pictures you got may be history in the making that are unlikely to be repeated.

I will put them in my report, But I also wanted Bret to see why we wanted Xander to sit in the back the second time.
Thank you Kim. You are right that when it got darker, the neon lights on the buildings are so amazing at night. You should tell Crap about it the next time you go to CL and see the neon lights at night. I would say that he will be impressed with the lights at CL. I would say that you might see the 5 minute SR & the 15 minute stand-by line (or 5 minutes) when you are at the front of the line when DCA opens during EMH or APEE. I doubt it that we will see those times for quite some time in the afternoon or night.

I understand why you put Xander in the back so you can get a photopass picture with him in it after the first time you rode RSR.

I also want to say that my DB, his GF, and I will be going to Anaheim next month on the 13th to 15th. That is a Monday to Wednesday which is a bit odd trip for me since I don't go on the weekdays where I go mostly on the weekends, but my DB and his GF can go on these dates since they are available. This will be a good opportunity for me to do some of the activities at CL & BVS that I didn't do during the preview (see Storyteller's statue and ride the Red Trolley). I also forgot to say that I am looking forward to riding the newly revamped Matterhorn with the new bobsleds. I am also taking advantage of the APEE and have got my dates for those morning on the 14th and 15th. I will have write a PTR until I finish this TR first.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:34 AM   #2046
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 29

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 29

Now back with more pics from CL at night. I was right by Ornament Valley close to the exit towards Pacific Wharf and taking some pic that night of the Valley.

Behind me when I was taking pictures of Ornament Valley was the back side of Flo's V8 Cafe. There was another part of the restaurant that has seating instead of the front or outside. I didn't get any pics of the backside of Flo's, but I did get a picture of Flo's V8 sign.

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7113/7410230310_45ecbb2b8f_c.jpg/img]

A look at the waterfall at Ornament Valley of RSR.

Another look at Cadillac Range

I did have a pic of the backside of Flo's V8 Cafe

A look at the exit towards Pacific Wharf. There were quite a number of people leaving CL and I would guess that they were heading on over to PP or BVS.

Now back to Radiator Springs

Side of Flo's V8 Cafe

When I was walking back to Radiator Springs, Lightning McQueen was now heading towards my direction just like Mater just awhile ago. So it looks like McQueen is calling it for the night.

When I got back to Radiator Springs, it look even quieter then awhile ago. So it was a good time to enjoy CL this time at night. But I was planning on taking more pics around Radiator Springs. So next was Luigis Casa Della Tires.

When I was by Flo's, I was about to go in and get some dessert. But I wanted to get some more pics of CL at night. So I bypass Flo's to eat some pie. But I did get some more pics of Flo's V8 Cafe again.

It was almost empty that night

After going around Flo's, I head on back to the Cozy Cone Motel to see what the wait time was like and I also decided to get a drink that night. I wanted to get another cone cup for my friend who loves CL.

The next post will be tomorrow.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #2047
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
You should tell Crap about it the next time you go to CL and see the neon lights at night.

I also want to say that my DB, his GF, and I will be going to Anaheim next month on the 13th to 15th. That is a Monday to Wednesday which is a bit odd trip for me since I don't go on the weekdays where I go mostly on the weekends, but my DB and his GF can go on these dates since they are available. This will be a good opportunity for me to do some of the activities at CL & BVS that I didn't do during the preview (see Storyteller's statue and ride the Red Trolley). I also forgot to say that I am looking forward to riding the newly revamped Matterhorn with the new bobsleds. I am also taking advantage of the APEE and have got my dates for those morning on the 14th and 15th. I will have write a PTR until I finish this TR first.
I know, but I doubt he will listen. He always wants to turn in early on vacation.

That is awesome Bret. Even in the peak season, I am convinced weekdays are less busy than weekeneds. That is one major benefit of those days. You should be able to get everything you want. I am so bummed that I forgot things like riding the trolley. I am going to write down my musts next time, so I do not forget. Once Crap gets more vacation time at his new job, I am hoping to but premium or premier passes to make more trips.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #2048
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Those pies in Flo's are fantasic, so I hope you made it back before closing. Nice that you went to get a cone for your friend. I am sure he loved it. That is an excellent souvenir.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #2049
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Just shared some of your pics with DH. He's really impressed by CL and thinks he wants to check it out too.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #2050
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Just shared some of your pics with DH. He's really impressed by CL and thinks he wants to check it out too.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #2051
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know, but I doubt he will listen. He always wants to turn in early on vacation.

That is awesome Bret. Even in the peak season, I am convinced weekdays are less busy than weekeneds. That is one major benefit of those days. You should be able to get everything you want. I am so bummed that I forgot things like riding the trolley. I am going to write down my musts next time, so I do not forget. Once Crap gets more vacation time at his new job, I am hoping to but premium or premier passes to make more trips.
Maybe if you try something to convince him to stay at CL at night so you all can see the lights.

I know that weekdays are less busier then weekends. Plus at least the trip is not during the SoCal AP that are unblocked or it would be really crowded. After hearing from other DISer's and the other websites lately, CL & BVS are calming down quite a bit. That is a must do on my trip in August. Hopefully Crap will be able to get more vacation time so you can make plans for future trips.

Quote:
Those pies in Flo's are fantasic, so I hope you made it back before closing. Nice that you went to get a cone for your friend. I am sure he loved it. That is an excellent souvenir.
I heard the pies are good. It was nice to get a cone for my friend since she likes the movie Cars and Sally Cabrera.

Quote:
Glad that you shared my pics to your DH. Maybe he will be convinced to take the whole family to go see CL so you can go on a future trip.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #2052
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 30

Day 2 – June 10, 2012– Part 30

Now back with more from CL that Sunday night. It was past 10pm and I was jsut wondering around CL to take any pics that I have missed at night. I mostly got everything at Radiator Springs except for some pics of LFT at night. I was thinking of riding LFT that night, but with little time of only less then a hour I had to use it wisely and get some pics.

I head on over to the Cozy Cone Motel to get some pics until it was time to call it for the night. Good thing that the Cozy Cone Motel didn't look that busy when I walked around it. I also got back in one of the lines to get the souvenir cup for my friend. I got myself a regular size souvenir cone cup instead of the large cups that I got the two times. My bag was so full that night with another cone cup, McQueen popcorn bucket, some mechandise that we bought at Ramone's House of Body Art and my usual camera equipment in my bag which was heavy. When my DA left, she had to bring some of the merchandise back to the room while I had to carry some of it in my bag.

The lines at the Cones were not that bad as like earlier, but they did have some people. I went in Cozy Cone 2 to get a drink and cone cup. I only had to wait about 3 minutes to get my souvenir cup so it was fast that night.

At night the cones light up which was neat

When I got my cup some of the lines were empty like Cone 4. But Cone 1, 2, 3, & 5 (of course) had some people in the line to get something to eat.

Light poles at night. I know that you would like these Deej.

Cozy Cone 1 stand

After being at the Cozy Cone to get my souvenir cup, I head on over to LFT and see it at night. But first, I head on over to see the entrance signs towards ABL entrance.

This is by far my favorite sign in CL just like you see in the movie Cars 2.

After taking some pics of the signs, I head on over to a side area to see LFT. It was quite busy that night at LFT, but it was nice to see it at night.

Also in the picture with Cadillac Range

After watching LFT, I head on back to the center of RS and get some more pics before I head on out.

The back side of Luigis Casa Della Tires which had different signs

I head on back to Mater's Junkyard Jaboree to get a pic of the baby tractor which I missed earlier that night. It wasn't that bad around 10:30pm that night and it seems like most of the people already left CL or at PP for the 10:15pm WoC show.

Here is the baby tractor picture

Now I went back towards TS to see what the wait time was for RSR and LFT. WHen I got to LFT and RSR the wait times were 15 mintues for RSR and 10 minutes for LFT. So the wait times were really great that time at night. But I wanted to get some time to take some pics of BVS at night so I plan on heading out of CL.

After I got some pics around Town Hall right by Ramone's and Luigi's buildings, I head on out of CL going towards Pacific Wharf. When I looked at the time, I didn't have anytime to stop at Flo's V8 Cafe for some pie since I plan on using that time to get some nighttime pictures of BVS that night. So I had to skip it. It was difficult at first of not eating at Flo's since I have planned this for quite some time. But time goes by really quickly and all of a sudden I just had about 30 minutes to enjoy BVS.

I will be back with more later tonight and pics of BVS at night.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #2053
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Sorry you missed Flo's. You will be back in less than a month, so I know you will rectify that. I stood by those back pictures of Luigi's a lot while waiting for the rider swap. I never thought to get a picture though. You are still teaching me new things. More awesome shots. Looking forward to seeing your night shots of BVS.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #2054
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Another nice set of pictures at night. Love the neon.

Sorry you didn't make it to Flo's. But your next time will be soon.

Looking forward to seeing BVS at night.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #2055
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry you missed Flo's. You will be back in less than a month, so I know you will rectify that. I stood by those back pictures of Luigi's a lot while waiting for the rider swap. I never thought to get a picture though. You are still teaching me new things. More awesome shots. Looking forward to seeing your night shots of BVS.
It's okay. At least that is one of my must do when I go back next month. I can't wait to try those pie's. My mom is a good baker and does great desserts so I am hoping that Flo's pies are really good. I see that you saw those signs on the back of Luigis Casa Della Tires during the ride swap. Thank you Kim. The next post will be up shortly and the last one for the night.

Quote:
Another nice set of pictures at night. Love the neon.

Sorry you didn't make it to Flo's. But your next time will be soon.

Looking forward to seeing BVS at night.
Thank you PiO.

It was fin, but I will eat there the next trip. Hopefully it won't be so busy during dinner time.

The next post will be up shortly.

Oh yeah, I was going to ask you PiO about the setting for the fireworks when we shoot some at our block party. You did tell me to set the timer at 2 to 3 seconds and the aperture at f/11 through f16, I was wondering if that will be fine to use for the ground fireworks tonight?

Thank you for your great tips.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: