Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #181
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Nice indoor dark shots, very inventive. It's wierd that the radio booths lined the middle of the hub. I noticed for Halloween they set them up on the town square.

I'm sure you premier will work fine at WDW. From when it came out it seemed lots of people had problems at DLR, which have quickly decreased, and very few people ever had problems at DLR. We'll see when you try to scan your finger at the turnsyles.

Are you going to post those onride videos on youtube? I'll keep an eye out.
I would assume the same thing when I go to WDW next month and the Premier should work np. It was a better experience this time than last month when it wasn't working. I am interested in how the biometric scan will respond with my Premier.

I have videotape a few rides this past weekend at DLR. I only videotape IASWH, Indy with nightshot SM with nightshot, HMH with nightshot, & POTC with nightshot. I will post IASWH but the others I am still thinking about.

I am also going to be put WoC with just the TRON segment of the show and both the two Christmas parade on Friday that I have videotaped.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 AM   #182
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Now is time to do my TR on Friday Nov. 19

After BLAB, I went straight toward the exit and head on over to DCA. When I was walking down toward MS USA I got some more pics of the ride vehicles and some random photos.

Most of the people were already in DCA at 9:30am so I just got in the park immediately. And it was nice to see the Golden Gate bridge with the Holiday decorations for the last time when DCA gets the new front entrance in the future.

I also got to see the ElecTRONica stage and I was kind of waiting later that night to see how it goes.

After taking pics of the ElecTRONica stage, I head on over to Condor Flats and was going to try to get on Soarin, but the line was already towards the outside of the building. So I decided to get a FP for Soarin.

Than I head on over to GRR and get a WoC FP for a souvenir. It was around 9:40 when I got in line at the GRR the sign said that the 9pm show was still available. And from Disneyland 1951 chart saying that I should get a yellow FP at the time I got there. When I gave them my Premier Pass and the CM scan it and all of a sudden I got a blue FP for the 9pm show. I was kind of glad and disappointed about it. I thought I would get a yellow FP when I arrived at the FP machine. Plus I bought the WoC picnic so I could guarantee a blue FP for the 9pm show. But in the end I at least got the blue FP from the FP machine or the picnic. Than I got a pic of GRR vehicle.

I head on over toward the Paradise Pier entrance where a lot of people were waiting to get into Paradise Pier and go on TSMM. I got there around 9:50 and waited until the DCA opened at 10pm.

When it got to 10am there were a lot of people trying to run or jog to TSMM. I was just walking towards Paradise Pier and towards TSMM. There were a lot of people trying to get to TSMM as always first thing in the morning and when I got to the line I only had to wait only 5 min to get on the ride. And I had a very disappoint score on TSMM. I only had 177,300 points. I mostly get on average 250,000 points on average on this ride. But I missed too many of the targets and didn't hit the secret spots on the ride.

After TSMM, I head on straight over to Mickey's Fun Wheel and to take pictures of the whole park and the construction sites. It was nice to see the new rides and new lands in the future. It was not that cold and the view is always great to see the whole entire resort.

I will write the rest of my TR later.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #183
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great pics from the Fun Wheel. I've never been brave enough to go on it.

I got a yellow FP with my WoC picnic. Looking forward to discovering which one you got with your picnic.

I always enjoy a spin on TSMM - it's hard to get a good score going on the ride solo - that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. That and I haven't figured out the dino darts yet...

I am both sad and looking forward to seeing what DCA looks like with the new entrance. I will miss the CALIFORNIA letters.

Looking forward to more
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #184
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I always enjoy a spin on TSMM - it's hard to get a good score going on the ride solo - that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. That and I haven't figured out the dino darts yet...

I am both sad and looking forward to seeing what DCA looks like with the new entrance. I will miss the CALIFORNIA letters.

Looking forward to more
I have seen guys get good scores solo in the 500,000 just by themself. But you got to know your targets and where to hit them. The dino 2nd stage is really kind of easy, you have to hit the lava balloons first than the stego with the three balloons and than the lava balloons again. Than the top of the volcano would shoot out lava balloons worth 500. And lastly there will be two meteor on the left and right side and you have to hit two balloons on them. One will show up on the left first and than the one on the right. Than a it will meteor show 1000 point balloons at the end of the stage.

I will miss the CALIFORNIA letters during the Holiday season, but it will be interesting to see how the new entrance will play out.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #185
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Time to do my TR.

After MFW, I went around the backside of Paradise Pier and took pics of the former Mulholland Madness now transforming into Goofy's Sky School, the Jumpin' Jellyfish and the outside work on the Little Mermaid ride.

I was also taking pictures of the Paradise Pier Viewing Area for WoC. I also took a picture of my spot for that night. As you have read on my PTR on the earlier posts, I am trying the best blue FP viewing spot right next to the VIP seating by the fire hydrant. I would like to thank disneyland 1951 for the viewing chart of all the best spots for the WoC viewing area. I know that you don't have to get there early but I am not taking any chances and decide to show up early not very early. I am very looking forward of seeing how that view is for the WoC show.

After that, I went over to Pacific Wharf and went to find anymore Christmas decorations around the eating area and I found a few. Than I head on over to Mission Tortilla and than IndayMichelle said that she saw me walking there that morning and than I just walked quickly away from them. It was a shame that we didn't get to meet each other. It would have been nice to meet a DISer in the park, but maybe on my trip to WDW next month that I will be able to find someone.

After leaving Pacific Wharf, I head on over to "a bug's land" and it was that time to take more pics of the ride vehicles and the holiday decorations around the land. I barely even go through that land during any of my trip, but it was kind of refreshing to go in there.

Heimlich's Chew Chew Train

Flik's Flyers

Francis' Ladybug Boogie

Tuck and roll's Drive 'Em Buggies

I head over to the backside of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot since the going to Aladdin Oasis and ToT was blocked off for the construction of the Red Trolley tracks. I got the picture of the ToT from the outside. I did not want to go on the ToT so I just got the ride vehicle outside instead of inside.

After the ToT, I went around "a bug's land", and head over to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and took the pictures of ElecTRONica set. I know that it doesn't start at 6pm that night, but it was nice to see the set in person than seeing it on the computer.

Than after seeing all the ElecTRONica set, I decided tohead on over to Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue ride and get a picture of the ride vehicle.

I will write more later on my TR.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #186
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Nice Bret. Really good construction shots from MFW. Lots of nice ride vehicle shots too.

It nice to see that they are starting to wrap the LM building for some reason they did the west side a couple months ago and stopped. At least your photos show them coming around the south side of the building.

I'm interested to see how the night turns out.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #187
amamax2
DIS Veteran

Great report - so detailed!

Did you give the autograph books to your boss yet? I hope he appreciated your hard work!

Also, I am a bit confused about the pictures for where you hoped to stand for WOC - it looks like two different areas...there is the triangular planter with the fire hydrant by a wall, but then a different fire hydrant in a rectangular planter? Were you in front of one of them or where is the good spot? I am so confused when I look at the chart that has been posted, but remember something about a fire hydrant. Thanks for any advcie - we have yet to see it and might try on our upcoming trip.

ETA: Ok, I went back and re-read a WOC thread, and I *think* I understand a little better...but still hope you can clarify. So in the second picture you posted, is the good spot standing to the immediate left of the lamp post that is at the entrance to that walkway, so the fire hydrant is in front of you and to the left? Thanks!

Last edited by amamax2; 11-23-2010 at 02:03 PM.
amamax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #188
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amamax2 View Post
Great report - so detailed!

Did you give the autograph books to your boss yet? I hope he appreciated your hard work!

Also, I am a bit confused about the pictures for where you hoped to stand for WOC - it looks like two different areas...there is the triangular planter with the fire hydrant by a wall, but then a different fire hydrant in a rectangular planter? Were you in front of one of them or where is the good spot? I am so confused when I look at the chart that has been posted, but remember something about a fire hydrant. Thanks for any advcie - we have yet to see it and might try on our upcoming trip.
I have not give the autograph book to my dad yet and to his colleague. They told me to wait around December. Than wrapped it up for them. I have picked up the pink princess books for the two girls.

On my third pic of the WoC viewing area right in front of the yellow fire hydrant, this is the spot that disneyland 1951 suggested as a prime spot for seeing WoC in the blue FP section. It was a good location for people who are not willing to wait for an hour for a spot. It took me awhile for me to look at the picture that disneyland 1951 posted on the WoC thread. When I look at it, the view was really good and you can get everything with a videotape or picture of all the fountains. I will post my pictures and my videotape of the TRON segment on youtube later. I like this spot and it will help me in the future to see the show if I don't want to wait for an hour for a viewing spot.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #189
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I have seen guys get good scores solo in the 500,000 just by themself. But you got to know your targets and where to hit them. The dino 2nd stage is really kind of easy, you have to hit the lava balloons first than the stego with the three balloons and than the lava balloons again. Than the top of the volcano would shoot out lava balloons worth 500. And lastly there will be two meteor on the left and right side and you have to hit two balloons on them. One will show up on the left first and than the one on the right. Than a it will meteor show 1000 point balloons at the end of the stage.

I will miss the CALIFORNIA letters during the Holiday season, but it will be interesting to see how the new entrance will play out.
Thanks for the inside scoop Bret. We'll be using this at DHS next month! Back to your report indeed. Lovin' it.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #190
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post

On Facebook there is a user Amanda Tinley who operates a disney site. She interviewed a guy and posted the videos on youtube. They are of the easter eggs in TSM in DHS though DCA is the same and Buzz which is not the same as in DL. Anyhow on Buzz in the MK I cought get the second best level, but in DL couldn't break 100K. It was dismal. But if you look up TSMM on youtube you are likely to find some videos with hints. I can rock that game, but it helps to have a partner that knows what they are doing to unlock things and then not hit the high point targets.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #191
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
On Facebook there is a user Amanda Tinley who operates a disney site. She interviewed a guy and posted the videos on youtube. They are of the easter eggs in TSM in DHS though DCA is the same and Buzz which is not the same as in DL. Anyhow on Buzz in the MK I cought get the second best level, but in DL couldn't break 100K. It was dismal. But if you look up TSMM on youtube you are likely to find some videos with hints. I can rock that game, but it helps to have a partner that knows what they are doing to unlock things and then not hit the high point targets.
The MK and DL version are completely different and have a different scoring system at both places. The MK has all the same targets but the points are different when u hit each different target. There are places during the ride in Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin at the MK where there are targets that give more points and some that give u barely any points As you can tell from DL version is by the shapes during the ride which can give u more points. The triangles are worth the most than diamonds, square, and circle. I did use youtube to find all the secret targets for the ride and it does make it easier to have another person with u to unlock the secret targets for each stage.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #192
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Now to get back to my TR on Friday Nov. 19

After Monsters Inc. it was around 12:10, I decided to go back over to DL and do some other activities to do like get pictures of the ride vehicles over at DL. But first I stopped at the Greetings at California store and took many pictures of the Holiday treats, Holiday merchandise and the trees inside the store.

Holiday treats

Holiday merchandise

Trees for the Tree Quest

After the Greetings at California store, I head straight on back to DL and right now it was still too early to get a spot for the parade by IASWH so I decided to go back to NOS and look at the Holiday decorations. Than I went on the DLRR at the NOS. The train I got to ride was the Engine #3 Fred Gurley with Holiday 4 car set. That day the engines that were running on Friday were C.K. Holliday with Holiday 5 & the Lilly Belle and E.P. Ripley with the Excursion car set.
Engine #3 Fred Gurley with Holiday 4 car set

Holiday 4 car set

I got on the DLRR and went around till I got to Tomorrowland station. Than I exited the TL station and also got a picture of Autopia when I got off the DLRR.
Autopia

Than I still have plenty of time do other things while I wait for the parade so I went to go on my favorite ride at DL. The DL monorail is my favorite ride at DL especially most people call it a transportation than a ride. It is a must do every time I go to DL no matter what. I did a round trip around the resort on Mark VII Blue. It is always fun to ride the monorail, so I got to sit in the back with another nice family. They really enjoyed the back and it is always fun to ride in the front or back. If you are going on the monorail, I would ask a CM and see if your party can ride in the front or back of the monorail.
Monorail Mark VII Orange

FNSV loading dock

Monorail Mark VII Blue

After the round trip on the DL Monorail Mark VII blue. I got off the monorail and it was around 1:40 and it was time to head to the locker on MS and get my tripod for the 2:30pm parade show.

I will write more about it later tonight.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #193
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great installment Bret. Now I'm hungry after seeing the yummy looking treats and I want to spend $ on the adorable holiday merchandise.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #194
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I just have uploaded the WoC TRON segment at the end of the WoC show. This is also from my spot that I have watch WoC on Friday from the back of the viewing area. Thanks again disneyland 1951 for the excellent spot for the show.

Here is the WoC TRON segment on my youtube. You can click on the picture and it will go to my video. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #195
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I have finally uploaded "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade on my youtube so you guys can see it. This is the 2:30pm show and I will upload the 5:30 later. Just click on the pic to see the parade.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: