Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #1906
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great pictures Bret! I really like the look and feel of BVS. Were the trolleys working? I did see people in them.

I bet it's crowded today!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #1907
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Bret - great detailed pics. It sure shows how much of an effort Disney went to. And they really did stick to the California theming. All those buildings have that California Spanish mission type feel to it. Thanks for sharing and taking so many pictures.
Thank you PiO. Disney really did there homework on the details of BVS. From the buildings, the CM's clothing, light poles, flowers, etc. I wished that I spent more time at BVS and got everything, but I needed to spend more time at CL during those two days of the previews. Glad that you like my pictures and this is just the beginning until we get to CL and the nighttime of CL & BVS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great pictures Bret! I really like the look and feel of BVS. Were the trolleys working? I did see people in them.

I bet it's crowded today!
Thank you TK. Going down BVS is so special and I can't wait until I go back when the walls are down. I wanted to see the "Storytellers" statue in BVS, but it was boxed up until the opening. So we will have to wait until a future trip to DL.

The trolley that was in BVS was not running. It was there for a show piece and taking pictures. It does really look very nice from the inside.

The next post will be up later tonight so stay tune for the one you are waiting for at CL.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #1908
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – June 9, 2012– Part 8

Day 1 – June 9, 2012– Part 8

Now back at BVS while I am getting some last second pics of BVS until we head on over to ABL and get in line for CL at 1pm.

I forgot to express my impression of BVS. When I first heard about BVS, I was so excited to see a new entrance to DCA. The entrance of the Golden Gate bridge was great, but I knew that it needed a new facelift when you enter DCA. The buildings on BVS capture the history of California back in the 1920s. All the signs are very unique and very colorful. The Red Trolley was neat to see in person. It wasn't running during the preview since part of the track was blocked off due to the construction walls.

Here are some more pics of BVS until we head on out back towards the Carthay Circle Theater.

We head on out of the BVS preview and back around the Carthay Circle Theater

We head on over to ABL to head on over to the entrance of CL from ABL. The CM's told us to go towards ABL instead of going towards Pacific Wharf since there is anyone in ABL.

When we got to ABL, the entrance to CL was right by Tuck and Roll's Drive 'em Buggie and Heimlich's Chew Chew Train. But when we arrived, it was 12pm and they weren't letting any of the 1pm preview holders to enter CL. So we waited on the side until it was time to head on in to CL.

We got in the line around 12:30pm and they started to let the people for the 1pm preview early. We got in at 12:45pm and now on our way to CL. Our first ride that we wanted to go on was RSR. My heart was pounding so much that we finally get to go to CL for the first time and I just can't to see the rest of Radiator Springs. This is the most excited I have ever been of seeing CL for the first time.

There weren't too many people on the ABL side to enter CL.

Light poles at CL

Radiator Springs sign

There were quite a number of people right by LFT.

This is my favorite sign at CL which you see in Cars 2 movie

LFT

we couldn't get in the middle of RS because Lightning McQueen was in front of us.

Cozy Cone Motel and Radiator Springs Curios on the back side

That's it for this post and wil lbe back with more from CL.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #1909
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Awesome pictures. I love that there were not many people there. It will probably be a mad house next week. On Facebook today, I saw the Carsland opening pictures. That place was filled with people from wall to wall. Hopefully, most of those people clear out of there before we arrive. That is scary!

Carthay Circle is one of the restaurants we are dining at. That is the reason I am so excited. I've never eaten at a Disney restaurant when it was that new.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #1910
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Awesome pictures. I love that there were not many people there. It will probably be a mad house next week. On Facebook today, I saw the Carsland opening pictures. That place was filled with people from wall to wall. Hopefully, most of those people clear out of there before we arrive. That is scary!

Carthay Circle is one of the restaurants we are dining at. That is the reason I am so excited. I've never eaten at a Disney restaurant when it was that new.
Thank you Kim. It was so nice that there weren't too many people at the preview. I believe I said this to you that I was concern when the CM's were allowed to come during the preview which the public have to pay in order to see CL before the grand opening. Luckily it wasn't that busy on that day as well as Sunday. So I am glad that it was nice and quiet. The grand opening of CL was just insane. I knew that the wait time for RSR was going to be at least 4+ hours and possibly 5+ hours. Good thing I didn't go on opening day to see CL, but I also wanted to go on opening to get the opening day merchandise at CL. But I am still happy to go to the preview.

I hope that you and the rest of your family have a great time at the Carthay Circle theater restaurant. I will be looking forward to your pics inside the restaurant.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #1911
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I love seeing all that space to move around on the sidewalks and streets of the new lands in your pictures (and it was like that during my 8 a.m. - Noon preview time slot as well), knowing that it won't be anything like that again for a while. I had a morbid curiosity that made me want to be there today, just to see how bad it was in terms of crowds.... But I didn't end up going and I may be better off for it!

It's amazing to think that we could actually leisurely stroll down BVS and the streets of Cars Land, and look in the windows without thousands of people trying to get by us. When we went into the Elias store we could actually move around, stop and look at things without being pushed and shoved every which way. The store felt empty!

Also, during my preview RSR had no line at all at first, then only a short line later on. Mater's and Luigi's lines were almost non-existent for a while.

Did you hear that, supposedly, RSR is the most expensive - or in the top 3 - theme park ride ever built? I heard that on the news but I wasn't sure I got the info correct. I can't believe that there aren't other rides costlier than that, but who knows?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 06-16-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #1912
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – June 9, 2012– Part 9

Day 1 – June 9, 2012– Part 9

Now back with more pics from CL. It was so exciting to see CL for the first time in person instead of seeing it from the BSC or from MFW. It is even better then I expected. So my DA and I will have to get as much as we can for our four hours in CL.

While we entered CL from ABL, we had to wait until Lightning McQueen cleared the area right at the center of RS.

Luigi's Casa della Tires, I wanted to get more detail pics of the buildings, but my DA wanted to get in the line for RSR.

Side view of Luigi's Casa Della Tires as well as other signs

Now on our way to RSR

When we got to the entrance, the wait time was already at 25 minutes and the single rider was at 10 minutes. The entrance sign of RSR is very nice and uniqueu which is neon lighting

This was the ride that my DA and I was looking forward to the most since RSR incorporates the same ride technology of Test Track at EPCOT. The ride vehicles and track are exactly the same which you can call it a big slot car ride. I have been keeping track of RSR and Ornament Valley ever since the construction began back in the summer of 2009. After four years of construction of RSR, it is now a reality and we were looking forward to ride RSR. After hearing that RSR have a wait time as long as 4+ hours and the line extended towards PP, we were really lucky to go to CL during the preview.

We walked down slowly down the queue all the way towards the ride. On the way in the queue, I got a lot of different pics from signs, light poles, etc.

Nice light with the Radiator Springs sign

While we continue to walk through the queue, Ornament Valley looks very nice up close. There were a lot of cactus by the queue.

Back side of the entrance to RSR

Nice gas sign

That's it for this post and I will be back with more tonight.

I will get to your comment Sherry until it past 10:30pm after the maintenance tonight.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:44 AM   #1913
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Yet more fantastic shots of every angle and detail of the new DCA sections.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #1914
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I love seeing all that space to move around on the sidewalks and streets of the new lands in your pictures (and it was like that during my 8 a.m. - Noon preview time slot as well), knowing that it won't be anything like that again for a while. I had a morbid curiosity that made me want to be there today, just to see how bad it was in terms of crowds.... But I didn't end up going and I may be better off for it!

It's amazing to think that we could actually leisurely stroll down BVS and the streets of Cars Land, and look in the windows without thousands of people trying to get by us. When we went into the Elias store we could actually move around, stop and look at things without being pushed and shoved every which way. The store felt empty!

Also, during my preview RSR had no line at all at first, then only a short line later on. Mater's and Luigi's lines were almost non-existent for a while.

Did you hear that, supposedly, RSR is the most expensive - or in the top 3 - theme park ride ever built? I heard that on the news but I wasn't sure I got the info correct. I can't believe that there aren't other rides costlier than that, but who knows?

Thank you Sherry. It was really nice to see BVS and CL so quiet during the preview. We all had a great time at the preview. The only thing that I really wanted to see was the Storytellers statue in BVS. It was covered up during the preview. It will be a long time until CL & BVS are not tht crowded during a regular park day. After hearing that CL was so busy yesterday, I was glad that i didn't to on opening day yesterday. Buti wished that I went yesterday to get the opening day merchandise.

It was really nice tht BVS wasn't crowded even though the guests were allowed in BVS duringthepreview which they could be thre the whole time. The empty pictures were great and glad tht tee took a lot of nice pics tht day. The Elias & Co. Store was nice and quiet and got to do a lot of shopping.

During my two previews, the longest line I had was LFT which was 40 min wait. I learned my lesson took ride LFT first since it doesn't have a FP. Also RSR longest time we had to wait was 40 minutes since the ride had broken down. MJJ was just a walk on and it was fun. My DA didn't like ilt since I I banged into her one time on the ride.

You are correct that RSR is one of the most expensive rides the Disney company have ever built. Not only the track, you got to count the AA's, Cadillac Range Mountain, ride vehicles tht includes the tires which they need to replace, etc. There is alot of money in RSR alone.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #1915
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yet more fantastic shots of every angle and detail of the new DCA sections.
Thank you PiO.

The next post will up tonight
Old 06-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #1916
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – June 9, 2012– Part 10

We left off in the line for RSR. It was so exciting to be in the line for RSR and see the queue as we head on over to ride RSR. Now back with more pics from RSR queue.

One of the light poles by RSR

Stanley Oasis water tower

A nice vintage sign at Stanley Oasis

First off is one of Stanley shops which is the Radiator Cap store

The painted wall tells the prices of of each car of how much to fix.

Now to the next building. We were walking fast through the queue that I didn't get much pictures inside. But I did get pics when we came back so that will be another post when I show all the pics.

One of the light fixtures inside the queue building

A look at the entrance of the Comfy Caverns Motor Court

Nice Gas pumps. While we were in the line there were some CM's selling drinks and snacks right by the queue. At least there was something to get while we were waiting in the line.

Nice vintage automobile signs

More automobile signs

Route 66 sign

Our next building is a building that has bottles embedded in the building which is neat. But I didn't get the pics on this one so the next time I ride RSR, I got those pics.

That's it for this post and I wil be back with more.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #1917
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great update! The queue for RSR is really nicely done.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #1918
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Bret - Seeing those water related shots....how do you think the queue area will be during the height of summer? Is it going to be really hot or is the bulk of the line under cover?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #1919
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great update! The queue for RSR is really nicely done.
Thank you TK. RSR queue is very nice and you will like the rest of the pics when I show you them.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #1920
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bret - Seeing those water related shots....how do you think the queue area will be during the height of summer? Is it going to be really hot or is the bulk of the line under cover?
I would say that there will be a lot of CM's right by the queue in order to see drinks and snacks while they wait in the queue. We heard from yesterday that the wait time was close to 5 hours which is crazy. During the summertime, Anaheim can be hot.

The next post will be up shortly.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: