Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2012, 02:07 AM   #1861
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Glad you had a great day. I've been checking out your flickr from time to time and it looks really excellent so far. Thanks for sharing.

Hope your fireworks shots work out.
Thank you PiO. I am now uploading most of the pics from today so it will take some time to load all the pics tonight.

The fireworks shots work out really well and I followed the instructions that you provided me since last month. I can't wait to show you the pics when I upload them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Glad you had a great day. Cannot wait to hear more.
Thank you Kim. I am about to go to sleep, but before I do that here are some more pics that I am currently uploading.

When we got our wristband for the preview, there were three colors (pink which was for the 1-5 preview, purple for the 8-12 preview and orange for the 6-11 preview) which could be easily identify who is allowed in CL during the preview. We tried to get in early before our time, but they wouldn't let us in before our time. But we did get to go in 15 minutes early before 1pm.

Pictures from Buena Vista Street

Cars Land

Here is me and my DA in the front row in the middle and the right.

That is it for tonight and i will keep uploading the pics.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #1862
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Awesome pics Bret. That is the first time I saw a car that kind of looks like Lightning. Is it first come first serve to the cars or do they allow you to wait for Lightning. Xander said he want to ride in Mater, but I doubt they have a Mater car.
kmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #1863
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Great pictures Bret!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #1864
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Great pictures Bret!!
Quote:
Awesome pics Bret. That is the first time I saw a car that kind of looks like Lightning. Is it first come first serve to the cars or do they allow you to wait for Lightning. Xander said he want to ride in Mater, but I doubt they have a Mater car.
Thank you Kim. Are you talking about the Lightning McQueen meet & greet character? If so, then yes first come first serve right by Sally's Cozy Cone Motel building. If RSR, you have to get there when the park opens and head on over to RSR in order to avoid long wait times. The picture of RSR cars are the same but they have different colors. I would say at least 6 different colors of the cars. I'm sorry to say that they don't have a Mater car to ride on RSR. But the AA Mater, McQueen, Doc Hudson, etc. are so amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Great pictures Bret!!
Thank you Michele.

I am currently uploading more pics from yesterday.

So I will write up a quick report about my day yesterday at CL & BVS. We are taking a break until it is time for our 6-11pm time at CL.

We got to Anaheim around 10:45am and our room wasn't ready. So we just grab our stuff and head on over to DCA and see if we can get in early.

We needed to stop at the ticket booth to pick up our wristbands and we got them and our color was pink for the 1-5pm time. Also I picked up the AP preview of "Glow with the Show Ears Screening". I might go or not go for that event later this month. But I am tempting to go since I love watching WoC and it might be something to do. I got the 29th show on Friday.

When we got our wristbands, we head on in DCA. We went to the CL & BVS preview turnstile on the left hand side whcih said special event turnstile.

When we went through the turnstiles, there were a few CM's right by the entrance to BVS and they are letting all the guests that have the wristband to enter BVS very early. We were very excited to hear that we could be allowed to enter BVS even though it is not our time to head on in. Then I realize that we might not be able to get in CL until it is our time at 1pm.

While we were in BVS, I just went around taking pictures of everything. When I got my first impression of BVS instead of seeing the pictures on the computer and was blown away by the littlest details of each building. The Red Car Trolley was even better up close. It was time consuming looking around BVS to get all the buildings, letters, flowers, lights, etc. But it was fun to go around BVS. We didn't get to see the DCA Hub statue since it was boxed up. I would guess that it will be unveiled when DCA opens on the 15th.

Later on, we head on out of BVS and saw the Carthay Circle Theater. It looked even better up close since it has come a long way from being completed. The fountain also looks amazing.

Out at CL, there were walls of bushes surrounding the entrance to CL. When the park is about to open they will remove the bush walls. But they did have some posters of the rides of CL

After passing the Carthay Circle Theater, we head on over to the Blue Sky Cellar to see all the new updates to the room. The only new updates is relics of Radiators Springs which was neat to see pictures and certificates.

The video is just a show how Radiator Springs evolved over the years

That's it for now and I am still continuing uploading pics while I am resting.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #1865
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I was referring to the fact that the red car you posted of RSR kind of looks like Lightning. Xander may ask to ride him. As soon as I showed him the video, he said I want to ride Mater. Hopefully, he just rides the first car that comes up, so we do not have to wait for the red one.

It is nice that they let you into BVS while you waited for your Carsland time. I am so excited to see it, because it looks so beautiful in your pictures. Xander cannot get over how cool Carsland looks. In 1.5 hours, you get to do it all over again. How smart of you to book a day time and a night time experience. I wonder if the neon comes on at night, just like in the movie.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #1866
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was referring to the fact that the red car you posted of RSR kind of looks like Lightning. Xander may ask to ride him. As soon as I showed him the video, he said I want to ride Mater. Hopefully, he just rides the first car that comes up, so we do not have to wait for the red one.

It is nice that they let you into BVS while you waited for your Carsland time. I am so excited to see it, because it looks so beautiful in your pictures. Xander cannot get over how cool Carsland looks. In 1.5 hours, you get to do it all over again. How smart of you to book a day time and a night time experience. I wonder if the neon comes on at night, just like in the movie.
I know what you are talking about. We were very excited to get the red car as our first car. I had no problem with any of the other cars as long as the ride didn't break down. I have videotaped the ride twice, but part of the video were blurry due to the blackout of going through the tunnel. So I am still deciding if I want to upload my video of RSR on youtube. I have videotaped Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi's Flying Tires with no problem. But it's just RSR. I am about to head on back to DCA for my preview in just an hour.

Thanky ou KIm. I bet he is getting very excited when your whole family are about to go on your trip in a few weeks. It was smart to do a daytime event and a nighttime event. But yesterday, I saw at least three people that had all three wristbands from yesterday preview. Now they are hardcore of doing all the times that day. I talked to some CM's today and say to be out on the streets of Radiator Springs at 8pm since the neon will light up at night. So we are planning on seeing that tonight.

I will be back later tonight with more pics from last night.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #1867
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Bret, thanks for the pics, we have a lot of similar ones! I'm working on posting mine on my PTR. When we went into the Blue Sky Cellar Wednesday night, the video portion was walled off, sorry we missed it on Saturday!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #1868
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm in line at Radiator Springs Racers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
we went to RSR when we got in CL. It was fun and even better then I thought. We are in the line for luigi's flying tires. I hope 2 see u in CL.
Hi Bret!
What wonderful pictures. I was out of town this weekend and anxious to log on and see how your preview trip went!

Is the fountain even more lovely in person? You said you liked the RSR the picture on the ride was really fun. Are you able to put it on your photopass card?

How was LFT?

Can't wait for more! Off to see your flicker pictures.

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #1869
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bret, thanks for the pics, we have a lot of similar ones! I'm working on posting mine on my PTR. When we went into the Blue Sky Cellar Wednesday night, the video portion was walled off, sorry we missed it on Saturday!
Your welcome. I also enjoyed your pics on your thread too. I didn't see all your pics on your thread, but most of them are similar to each others. I still need to upload all those pics from these last two days. I have taken over 2000 pics from CL & BVS from this trip. This is the most I have ever done on any of my trips even more then the WDW trip last December. The BSC was nice with all those pictures and certificates, but I thought they would do a better video portion then the one we saw. My DA was disappointed at the update to the BSC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hi Bret!
What wonderful pictures. I was out of town this weekend and anxious to log on and see how your preview trip went!

Is the fountain even more lovely in person? You said you liked the RSR the picture on the ride was really fun. Are you able to put it on your photopass card?

How was LFT?

Can't wait for more! Off to see your flicker pictures.

TK
Thank you TK. I am still uploading the pics and it should all be up when I get back to Sacramento tomorrow. The parks are above average today and there were a lot of excited AP holders today going to the preview that they won online. I wished I could go today, but I got to do everything at CL & BVS from riding, eating, shopping, etc.

The fountain at BVS is very nice and its a perfect place to get a good picture with the Carthay Circle Theater. My DA didn't care too much for the fountain. But after the walls come down, I would say getting a picture with Storyellers statue.

RSR was by far our favorite ride at CL. This ride is way better then TT at EPCOT. Not only theme wise, but also the side by side racing. There are two different tracks which one could be at Luigi's side or Ramone's side. During the two days we went during the preview, we rode RSR five times. We got three times in a row on Ramone's side on Saturday and Sunday. Then the last two times we got Luigi's side. My favorite side is easily Luigi's. Th car lifts up a little and shows that we are wearing whitewall tires.

The picture on the ride was fun and i knew that they had one on the ride. I just didn't know where the camera was on the ride until it was close to the finish line. I did buy a picture on my photopass on the first ride of RSR. They had some trouble printing it since it was so dark, but they gave us a very nice clear one. I will remember to put it on my TR when I get back home.

LFT was someting that I wanted to try after watching vintage videos of the Flying Saucers at TL back in the 60s. Some people say that it is a big version of bumper cars. But if you hit another tire car, it doesn't bounce so hard. So they are very soft when landed on another tire or the barrier. If you want to ride it at CL, I would go on LFT first and have a FP runner get FP for RSR because on Saturday, we had to wait about 40 minutes in line to get on LFT. On Sunday when we got in the park, we got on in just 5 minutes.

I'm uploading more pics right now, but here are some pics that I have just uploaded.

Radiator Springs Racers

One of the ride vehicles

I'm am now heading back to DL so I will back later tonight.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #1870
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Have fun! Thanks for all the great updates Bret.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #1871
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Those are awesome pictures Bret. The theming is amazing. If there a way to ensure you get Luigi's line, like separate queues or is it just the luck of the draw? If we only ride once, I want to try Luigi's, since you liked it better. If we ride twice, I want to try both sides. Since the tires at LFT do not bump hard, I wonder why there is a height requirement. We were so disappointed to learn that Connor cannot try any of the new rides.

Cannot wait to read more about your trip.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #1872
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Thank you Bret. Almost as good as being there myself.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #1873
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I am totally salivating over CarsLand! Great photos.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #1874
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Thanks for the pictures Bret. I only rode RSR once and went to Ramon's so that's good to know that the other side goes to Luigi's.

Kimberly, I don't think you get a choice of where you go. I think it's just random. We didn't even race against anyone. I kept waiting for a car to pull up next to us, but we all of a sudden just took off. Could be since we boarded in the HA area.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #1875
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures Bret. I only rode RSR once and went to Ramon's so that's good to know that the other side goes to Luigi's.

Kimberly, I don't think you get a choice of where you go. I think it's just random. We didn't even race against anyone. I kept waiting for a car to pull up next to us, but we all of a sudden just took off. Could be since we boarded in the HA area.

Is it like Test Track at WDW? I can't quite figure it out.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: