Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #1711
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Wow Bret it all looks wonderful!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #1712
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great pictures! Do you have plans to go for the opening of Cars Land?

Looking forward to more.
TK
Thank you TK.

Yes, my DA and I are planning on going to DL in June for the opening or AP preview of Cars Land if they have one. I hope that there is an AP sneak preview before the grand opening of DCA so we can avoid the insane crowds on Friday the 15th. If not, we will be there on the opening day of Cars Land. We will brave the crowds that day so that we can say we were there on the opening day of Cars Land. This will be a very different environment when we did the opening of WoC during the summer of 2010. I expect the crowd levels to be very high that Friday morning. So that first day might just be a photo taking day while we will try to go on the rides the other days.

Right now our days during the grand re-opening of DCA is June 14th to 17th. We will be there on Thursday afternoon and be there until Sunday afternoon. Three days should be enough if we spend our whole time at DCA just for the three rides, BVS, and try out the restaurants at both lands.

This will be a very interesting summer with the opening of Cars Land in which we waited for over 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Wow Bret it all looks wonderful!!
Thank you Michele.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #1713
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Glad you got an extra day at Disney. It's good that your Buzz scores were back near the 7 digit mark (at least 7-10 rides for me, lol). More great pictures. I like all of the flower shots. The flowers are so beautiful that time of year. It is so cool to see the progress at DCA and the Matterhorn at Disney. Glad the monorail was back up. I prefer the red one, so it was worth the wait. Xander loves to ride it each Disney trip too.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #1714
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Glad you got an extra day at Disney. It's good that your Buzz scores were back near the 7 digit mark (at least 7-10 rides for me, lol). More great pictures. I like all of the flower shots. The flowers are so beautiful that time of year. It is so cool to see the progress at DCA and the Matterhorn at Disney. Glad the monorail was back up. I prefer the red one, so it was worth the wait. Xander loves to ride it each Disney trip too.
It was nice to get an extra day at DL. I was glad that I didn't go back to LB that day since there was nothing else to do that day. I was also glad that the people that was with me at the hotel decided not to go back to LB after yesterday. That was a long day on Saturday at being at the LB convention center and DL that Saturday night.

It has been a long time since I got a good score on BLAB.

The flowers during this time of the year is one of the best times to see it. Have you seen the EPCOT International Flowers and Garden Festival during this time of the year. The flowers, topiaries characters, etc. are so amazing. I went in 2009 & 2010 during the Flowers and Garden festival. Even though it is during spring break and the crowds were heavy, that event at EPCOT is great to see in person.

DCA and the Matterhorn are progressing nicely and we all can't wait till this summer.

It was nice that the monorails were running that trip. I really missed riding it on my last trip. The Mark VII monorails at DL are by far my favorite monorails at any Disney parks. I always have to ride the monorails on any Disney trip if they have them. I would like to ride the ones at Tokyo Disneyland Resort one day if I ever go to Japan.

The next update from MFW will be up shortly.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #1715
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 6

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 6

Now back with more pics from MFW on Sunday morning.

Top of the Carthay Circle Theater

ToT

The Cove Bar under construction

After I got out of the gondola, the queue for both the swinging and non-swinging were already long so they annouce when I got out that they had to pair other groups of people to ride in the gondolas. I was shocked to see that both queues were already that long that morning. It was not even 10:20am yet and the queue is already long. Luckily I got on MFW at the beginning when PP opened at 10am.

That is it for now and I will be back with more on another day.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #1716
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Great pictures! I can't believe how well Radiator Springs Racers is coming along, it looks pretty much done.

How do you get such great pictures without the grating? My pictures are always fulll of the grates of the cars.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #1717
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Thank you TK.

Yes, my DA and I are planning on going to DL in June for the opening or AP preview of Cars Land if they have one. I hope that there is an AP sneak preview before the grand opening of DCA so we can avoid the insane crowds on Friday the 15th. If not, we will be there on the opening day of Cars Land. We will brave the crowds that day so that we can say we were there on the opening day of Cars Land. This will be a very different environment when we did the opening of WoC during the summer of 2010. I expect the crowd levels to be very high that Friday morning. So that first day might just be a photo taking day while we will try to go on the rides the other days.

Right now our days during the grand re-opening of DCA is June 14th to 17th. We will be there on Thursday afternoon and be there until Sunday afternoon. Three days should be enough if we spend our whole time at DCA just for the three rides, BVS, and try out the restaurants at both lands.

This will be a very interesting summer with the opening of Cars Land in which we waited for over 4 years.

Thank you Michele.
It will be special to be there for the grand opening of Cars Land.

Your MFW photos are wonderful. Cars Land changes the whole landscape of DCA in a very cool way!

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #1718
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Great pictures! I can't believe how well Radiator Springs Racers is coming along, it looks pretty much done.

How do you get such great pictures without the grating? My pictures are always fulll of the grates of the cars.
Thank you Allison. Most of the rides are already completed and now are undergoing testing. Now the only thing they got to do at Radiator Springs town is just finishing up the details of the land.

I actually put my DSLR camera very close to the grating and use the extended lens which is the 55-200mm lens to get past the grating. It was difficult at first when I did it the first time on MFW a few years ago. But now I have got use to it and the pictures are clear. Sometimes the pictures are very bad that I couldn't use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
It will be special to be there for the grand opening of Cars Land.

Your MFW photos are wonderful. Cars Land changes the whole landscape of DCA in a very cool way!

TK
This will be a great experience to be there for the grand re-opening of DCA. It also can be a nightmare with all those locals and guests on the opening day of Cars Land and BVS. If we can get on RSR and go on the other two the other days, I will consider it an accomplishment for the two of us.

Thank you TK. Cars Land will be the new face of DCA.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #1719
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 7

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 7

After getting off MFW, I need to head on over to BVS and HPB to see what it looks like until I leave the park that afternoon. I was so surprise to see MFW so crowded that morning and I kind of figure out why MFW was so crowded.

When I past by TSMM, it was empty so I knew that the ride was shut down due to a breakdown. That's why MFW was so busy that morning since most of the guests went on over to MFW and CS when TSMM was closed due to the breakdown.

I didn't get a photo what CS looked like, but it was busy that morning.

I head on out of PP

While I was walking down towards BVS, it would be nice to see Cars Land from the Blue Sky Cellar so I head on over there to see what it looks like.

Here are some pics of Cars Land from the BSC

I went inside the BSC to see the Cars Land presentation again just like the last trip and it always makes me so excited to see Cars Land this summer.

After leaving the BSC, I head on over to BVS to see what the progress looks like at the Carthay Circle Theater and the shops right across the CCT.

The CCT is coming along nicely

Now I was in HPB to see what it looks like that Electronica is almost over and being replaced with the Mad T party for this summer. The cover for Electronica at the center of HBP where they serve drinks is now gone and the only thing left around the area is the stage right by the Off the Page store.

Now in the area where Monsters Inc & Muppets 3D
[img]http://*****************************/6894266560_620f23e2da_z.jpg[/img]

This is where Stage 17 is located which was the former Who wants to be a Millionaire building

That's it for this post and I will be back with more later.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #1720
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I have been to Disneyland during that time of year but never DisneyWorld. Even though I am highly allergic to pollen and bees, I would like to see it at least once. You got more great pictures. Carsland looks awesome. I've never seen Toy Story down. That stinks, especially since it put extra people of your MWF.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #1721
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Bret -

You've taken such wonderful photos of flowers on all of your different DLR trips. You should compile a bunch of them together and post them in the "Stopping to Smell the Roses" thread on the main Disneyland forum (which was started by another DIS'er, but Deej recently bumped). I think the people in that thread would love to see your beautiful flower pictures!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #1722
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I have been to Disneyland during that time of year but never DisneyWorld. Even though I am highly allergic to pollen and bees, I would like to see it at least once. You got more great pictures. Carsland looks awesome. I've never seen Toy Story down. That stinks, especially since it put extra people of your MWF.
It is so nice at the DLR this time of year as well as WDW. You will like the EPCOT International Flowers and Garden Festival. Thank you Kim. Luckily I got on MFW before TSMM broke down that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Bret -

You've taken such wonderful photos of flowers on all of your different DLR trips. You should compile a bunch of them together and post them in the "Stopping to Smell the Roses" thread on the main Disneyland forum (which was started by another DIS'er, but Deej recently bumped). I think the people in that thread would love to see your beautiful flower pictures!
Thank you Sherry. I will post some pics of the flowers on that thread that I got on my recent trip to DL. I should have the last
Old 04-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #1723
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 8

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 8

I left off around HPB and seeing Stage 17 where they will wold the AP sneak peek for Cars Land this summer as well as other previews for the DLR this summer. I was originally suppose to go back to the DLR on Tuesday the 27th to see the preview, but worked came first so I had to cancel my quick trip to the DLR.

While I was in the park that Sunday morning, I had to get some pics of what HPB looked like until the summertime.

I head on over to Monsters Inc. and the tarps were still on the front of the building.

It was almost 10:30am and I need to head on back to the hotel since the checkout was at 11am. So I head on out of the park and back to the car. On the way, I got some pics of the CCT on the way out as well as all of my footsteps.

The Disney Animation looks very nice after its refurbishment on the outside.

CCT

Now I was back in Condor Flats and I got to check out the Soarin sign and it is still not fixed yet.

The park didn't seem that busy around 10:30am

Monorail Red passing through the GCH

I head through the backside of Soarin and this may be the last time I go through the backside unless I go back to the DLR before June.

Now back at the Esplanade and it wasn't that busy going to both parks

I head on over to DTD and towards the tram station back to the Mickey & Friends parking structure.

I got back to my car at the parking structure and head on back to the Hampton Inn hotel to get the rest of my group and my stuff.

We left the hotel around 11:15am and on our way back home to Sacramento. Around 11:45am, it started to rain like crazy. Traffic was backed up on I-5 north bound to Sacramento. It took way longer than usual to get out of SoCal. It almost took 2 hours just to get out of SoCal and towards the Grapevine.

We got home around 9pm that night and that concludes the Tourney at LB & short time at DL.

This was a very ugly trip. I'm not talking about the DL trip, but the tournament at the LB convention center. The tournament was suppose to start at 10am and it didn't started until 3pm. Which was a five hour difference. So I just gave up at the tournament instead of playing more and more that day since i wouldn't be able to go to DL that Saturday night.

The park was busy as no surprise to me since it was during spring break. I was glad that I didn't have to wait as long as I predicted for RDCT which was only 2 hours. Got to see MMY that night and got some great pics of DL.

Then I decided not to go back to the LB convention center that Sunday morning since it was bad and got to go back to DL to get a few more pics of the DLR and all of the construction sites. I was glad that I didn't go to the LB convention center that Sunday morning since it was worth going to DL.

Part of the trip was bad while the other part was great.

Now that this TR is over, I will now start planning my PTR for the Cars Land and Buena Vista Street opening this summer. My DA and I are planning to go to the DLR for the grand re-opening of DCA and the opening of CL & BVS. I know that it will be mayhem that first day on the 15th which is the opening day of Cars Land and BVS. But we want to be there and say that we were there on the opening day of CL & BVS.

We are hoping that there will be a AP sneak peek so we don't have to go to DCA for the opening day of Cars Land. If we can't get a sneak peek, we will be there definitely for the opening on the 15th. I will keep everyone updated on our plans for that crazy summer weekend.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #1724
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

You covered so much ground in such a short period of time. I really like the new look of the animation building. Xander loves to draw, so he loves going in there. I wonder what he will think of it. Sorry the LBCC was such a mess. At least you had a good time at Disney. You are braving opening day. Awesome. We will be six days behind you. I cannot wait to read about it.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:31 AM   #1725
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

That is too bad your trip ended with traffic because of rain on the way home.

Progress on the Matterhorn and BVS is so great, it's amazing comparing to your pictures that are just a few weeks old.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: