Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #1696
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Wow, it sure looks busy at Disneyland! I guess that's to be expected during Spring Break. I really enjoyed all of your one touch color photos. The pictures of the Castle were beautiful.

I loved that picture of the Dole Whip. I've never had one. I love pineapple. Not sure why I've never had one. I go for the spears while my sister goes for the whip.

I'm glad you got to see RDCT fireworks. I know what you mean about it making you happy. I've only seen those fireworks twice, but I am teary-eyed through most of it. I even get teary listening to the CD. I love those sound bites of how the rides used to be.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #1697
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
A tired day at Disney is pretty awesome though.

I did not know there was a choice. I assumed it was just one flavor like Dl. Thanks for the tip. We are going back in October 2013. I will get one of the other flavors.

Up until recently, I have been very slow with the updates. I am not even close to getting done. I just hope I finish it before I leave for Dl on 06-20-12. Therefore, this is the first time I am writing all but the issues on the first park day. Brief recap. First park day -Epcot. Broken in the morning. Had to take a cab after waiting a while for a bus that never came. Had extra magic hours that evening and the monorail now stops running one hour after regular park closing. Third park day leaving the MK within the hour of closing and it was broken again. The boat wait was crazy long. Fifth park day leaving MK for MVMCP was more than one hour after park closing. It was not running.

Our stay before that was at CBR. We had better luck with our bus rides there. With the exception of a couple of buses, we had long waits at GF for those as well. No matter where we stay next trip, DH wants to rent a car.
I believe the other flavors at the Aloha Isle are Vanilla and Orange. Going during the Halloween season at WDW is great. Plus the MK new FL expansion should all be finished during your visit.

Hope that your TR is finished during your trip in a few months. At least you will be at the DLR just after Cars Land and BVS opened. I will be there possibly during the AP sneak peek or on the opening day of the 15th. I don't want to go on the opening day since it will be chaotic. But in order to see the new lands first, you have to go on those days. Talk about tough times with the monorails during your visit. I was also going to say that taking the buses at the Contemporary resort which I stayed there three times in the past took forever and it wasn't worth waiting for. So we just used our rental car to go to the parks and DTD.

Definitely take a car since you don't have to wait for those buses. It will cost money for gas, but in order to save time, I would take the bus unless you are going to another park. They go faster then the hotel buses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Wow, it sure looks busy at Disneyland! I guess that's to be expected during Spring Break. I really enjoyed all of your one touch color photos. The pictures of the Castle were beautiful.

I loved that picture of the Dole Whip. I've never had one. I love pineapple. Not sure why I've never had one. I go for the spears while my sister goes for the whip.

I'm glad you got to see RDCT fireworks. I know what you mean about it making you happy. I've only seen those fireworks twice, but I am teary-eyed through most of it. I even get teary listening to the CD. I love those sound bites of how the rides used to be.
It was so busy that night on Saturday. I really didn't want to go during Spring Break, but with that tournament at LB and finishing early, I had an opportunity to go to the park that day. Thank you Deej that you enjoyed the one touch color photos.

I got to try the spears one day.

RDCT makes me happy every time and I also sing along during show. I know the lyrics so well. It's great to watch RDCT on my videos and listening to it on the CD, but you can't beat seeing it in person which makes it even special.

I will let everyone know if I went to DL on Sunday morning or went back to the LB convention center for the tournament.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #1698
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 1

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 1

Now it's Sunday morning around 6:30am when we all got up. We were planning on going to the LB convention center for the tournament at 8am. But after everything went on Saturday for the tournament starting late and it finished at 1am on Sunday night. Then we decided it was not worth going back to the convention center that morning. My group were tired from last night and they didn't do well in the tournament. So they decided to sleep in the hotel, while I decided to head on over to the park that morning. It was exciting to go back to DL that Sunday morning after the late start at the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG tournament.

I left around the hotel around 7:20am so I can head on over to DL when the park opens at 8am. Sunday was a MM, so there will be some people at the park that morning.

I drove my car down Katella all the way towards the Mickey parking structure and got there in 15 minutes. Then it took another 15 minutes to get from the parking structure to DTD.

When I got to the esplanade, it was a cloudy day and it could rain at any time. So I knew that I might be able to get away with a nice day at DL that morning. It was already past 8am so I knew that the guests were inside the park.

Now I walked in DL and walked down MS.

Guests were around TS to the character meet & greets

Now I walked down MS and on my way to my first ride. Do you know what ride I do first at DL?

[img]http://*****************************/6875593844_09cb8c68c9_z.jpg[/img]

I went on over to TL to ride one of my favorite rides at DL which is BLAB.

But before I went on BLAB, I had to get a FP for ST. I like to collect the ST FP first since I am right by BLAB. The wait time for ST was only 5 minutes. I thought about riding it first, but I didn't feel like riding it that morning. I should have rode it that morning while the queue was short.

ST FP which is one of the frst times that morning

So I head on over to BLAB and redeem myself after the last trip which I had very low scores. This time I was more focus on hitting those targets and getting good scores on BLAB. Just like every morning BLAB was a walk on.

After finishing BLAB, I got a score of 875,800 points which was way better then the last trip. It wasn't the top score since someone got over 1,400,000+ points. I felt better after getting a good score that morning.

Now that BLAB was finished that morning, it was my usual time to walk around the park to get some nice pics. First I start with TL while it was quiet that morning.

Now more pics of the Matterhorn from the TL side

FNSV lagoon

The walls are still up for the construction site at the Matterhorn

I head on over to FL

Here are some flowers right by the Village Haus restaurant

After being in FL for awhile, I started to head on over to Frontierland on the back side. But I will get that on th e next update of the TR.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #1699
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 2

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 2

After taking some pics around FL, I am now heading towards the backside of Frontierland. It was quiet that morning especially around FL which wasn't that busy. The only ride that I rode during that time was just BLAB, but I just like to walk around the park to enjoy myself on that Sunday morning. It almost seemed it was going to rain, but it hasn't that morning.

Right by BT Ranch

Back side of BTMRR

Now I was in Frontierland right by BTMRR which was only a 5 minute wait time.

The Golden Horseshoe looked deserted that morning

The RoA where the Mark Twain in the side dock

While the Columbia is at the main dock. Mostly we see the Mark Twain at the main dock while the Columbia is in the side dock.

While I was in around Frontierland, I didn't have breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace which I was suppose to have breakfast on my last trip. The park was still empty that time and it would be a great opportunity to have some breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace.

For breakfast I had the Mark Twain meal which was scrambled Eggs, country style potatoes, sausage, a biscuit & orange juice.

After finishing breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace, it was almost 9am and I thought it would be a good idea to head on over to TL to ride the monorail especially the last time I didn't ride it since it was down due to refurbishment.

So I head on over to TL.

Back at the Hub

There were some flowers right by the entrance of Frontierland for you Deej.

Now back at TL and over to the monorail station.

Heading on up to the station where you can see the FNSV submarines

The monorails were not at the station so I just waited until the first one came. In the meantime I got to see the Matterhorn from a higher point.

Monorail Blue is now approaching the station, but the CM's said that it was just brought on the track so they had to test it a full round trip before they let the guests on the monorail. I thought that Blue was already on the track this morning. But it was only red that was on the line.

So I had to wait another 5 minutes until Monorail Red approached the TL station. Now I have to wait even more. But I have no problem waiting for the next monorail so it was no problem.

Monorail Red is now inside the park so it would be a few minutes until it reached the station.

Red now is arriving at the station and now is my time to ride the monorail around the DLR.

I will get to the next part of the TR another time about my adventures on the DL monorail.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #1700
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great update! You got some beautiful pictures of the ROA this morning. Not a big crowd it seems.

Your BLAB score was outstanding!

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #1701
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Disneyland sure looks empty that Sunday morning. I love those early morning moments before it gets crowded.

Those flowers by the Frontierland entrance are so pretty. I remember seeing those when I was there last April. They are some of my favorite Disneyland flowers.

Great score on BLAB!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #1702
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I am having some internet problems at my house so I won't be on the threads until it is fixed. But while I am at work, I can still update my TRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great update! You got some beautiful pictures of the ROA this morning. Not a big crowd it seems.

Your BLAB score was outstanding!

TK
Thank you TK. The RoA was quiet that morning and it was very nice on a busy Spring Break Sunday. After seeing you eat at the Riverbelle Terrace during your TR, I had to do it during this TR after not eating there the last trip in early March.

I was happy that I got a great score that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Disneyland sure looks empty that Sunday morning. I love those early morning moments before it gets crowded.

Those flowers by the Frontierland entrance are so pretty. I remember seeing those when I was there last April. They are some of my favorite Disneyland flowers.

Great score on BLAB!
It's always great to go to DL in the morning. It will be very interesting to see what DL will be like in the morning when DCA will be opening at 8am when Cars Land and BVS are opened this summer.

Glad that I got those flowers right by the entrance of Frontierland for you Deej.

Thank you.

The next update will be up shortly so stay tune.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #1703
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 3

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 3

After waiting at the TL monorail station, I boarded Monorail Red and on my way over to the DTD station. I planned on riding the monorail around the resort back to the TL monorail station. As for the DISers that follow my TR, I like to ride the monorail at least once during each of my trips. But the last trip I couldn't ride it because the monorail was down due to refurbishment. The monorail was most likely down during my last trip was the bridge at DCA BVS. Now I get to ride my favorite ride at DL.

I was in the back side of Car 5 on Monorail Red and I was all by myself which is neat to have a car to myself.

Monorail Blue is circling TL as I left the TL station

Now passing DCA which is still closed that morning for now

Here are some pictures from BVS during the construction from the monorail

It was neat to see BVS progressing since the last time I rode the monorail back in November. 4 months is a big difference when I last saw it in person.

Lego store under construction

When I got to the DTD monorail station, I moved to the other side of the monorail to get some pics of BVS when I pass by it.

The buildings at BVS are coming along nicely

There are some guests waiting to enter DCA that Sunday morning.

I didn't get pics of the Matterhorn right at the station since there were other people with me on the monorail that entered from the DTD station. So I was unable to get some pics of the Matterhorn.

When I got off the Matterhorn, it was almost time to head on out of DL and over to DCA. But on the way over to DCA, I wanted to go by FL to see what the crowd level is like before I left DL.

Now at FL which wasn't that crowded yet

Over at PP, it was still about 15 minute wait

Back side of SB Castle

I went towards the Frontierland side instead of going through the castle to get some side pics of SB castle.

So I am on my way heading out of DL and over to DCA. MS is getting a little bit busier with more and more people coming in around 9:25am

Another look at the former Blue Ribbon Bakery which will be an expansion for CC.

Just leaving Town Square

I left DL around 9:35am and on my way over to DCA to do my usual things like I do on any of my TRs.

The next update will be later this weekend.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #1704
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Bret,
Great pictures from your monorail ride. The BVS pics were the best sneak peek I've had so far. Can't wait to see it open. DCA will look so different.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #1705
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Bret,
Great pictures from your monorail ride. The BVS pics were the best sneak peek I've had so far. Can't wait to see it open. DCA will look so different.
^^^^^^^ What she said! I can't wait to sit and have drink in the Cathay Circle Theater!
Alison ~~~~ Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #1706
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bret,
Thank you TK. It was so fun to ride the monorail that morning and get some nice pics of BVS. Just about two months until the grand re-opening of DCA this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
^^^^^^^ What she said! I can't wait to sit and have drink in the Cathay Circle Theater!
It will be fun to see the inside of the CCT.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #1707
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – March 25 2012 – Part 4

Day 2 – March 25 2012 – Part 4

After doing my usual rides and taking photos of DL, it is now time to head on over to DCA to do my usual favorite rides. The esplanade when I left DL was not that crowded since DCA is already opened at 9:30am.

Just passed through the turnstile and now on my way to enjoy another nice day at DCA.

When I got to Condor Flats, the first thing I did was head on over to GRR to get a FP for WoC. The regular followers know that I always get a FP when DCA opens at 9:30am even though I am not going to see the show that night is that I like to collect FPs.

As expected that I did get the first show at 8pm and the blue section.

After getting the FP, it was too early to go right by PP for the rides. So I decided to head obn back to Condor Flats to get a FP for Soarin.

I got the Soarin FP around 9:42am that morning and I had to return around 10:25am to use my FP.

I looked down towards the Carthay Circle Theater as the rope off area is right by Taste Pilotss Grill.

After being in Condor Flats, I head on over to PP to wait around the light tower until the park opens at 10am. It was nice to see the Rushin River Outfitters store all finished after it was covered with tarps on my last trip.

When I got to PP around the light tower, there were quite a number of people around the area. But it wasn't that bad as I have expected since I would thought that the crowds would be close to the LM ride.

While I was waiting until PP opened at 10am, I got some pics of the flowersright by the light tower to kill some time.

Right around the LM ride is not that crowded

Facing towards PP is crowded

Now the park officially opens at 10am and I am now part of the big group that is heading on over to PP just to go on TSMM or CS.

That is a lot of people heading on over to PP.

Most of the people head on over to TSMM while some stopped at CS

Since the whole queue for TSMM is not opened yet, the queue is so long that morning. I believe it was only a 10 minute wait. But my goal was to head on over to MFW and get the aerial photos of Cars Land and the rest of the DLR.

I head on over to MFW

When I got to MFW, there was no people as expected. So I would get my car only to myself so I can get some pics of the resort.

That is it for this post and I will have photos from MFW later today.

Happy Easter everyone.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #1708
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter Bret!

I just love on DCA adventures is starting to look. Your picture of Carthay Circle Theater with TOT in the background was great! It is going to look so different we'll have to post some before/after photos.

Looking forward to your MFW view of Cars Land.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #1709
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 5

Quote:
Happy Easter Bret!

I just love on DCA adventures is starting to look. Your picture of Carthay Circle Theater with TOT in the background was great! It is going to look so different we'll have to post some before/after photos.

Looking forward to your MFW view of Cars Land.
Thank you TK.

DCA is coming along nicely and we all can't wait when it opens this summer in June. That was a nice pic of the CCT with the ToT that morning. It will be very interesting to see what BVS will be like this summertime. I can't wait to go through the BVS and under new bridge which the monorail goes over. After going through the backside of Soarin this past year, I just can't wait for this summertime.

The wait is over since I forgot to upload the next post last night.

Day 2 – March 25, 2012 – Part 5

Now I got on MFW that Sunday morning since I wanted to see what Cars Land looked like since I was there a few weeks ago. I would expect not much has changed at Cars Land. Here are my pics from MFW.

A look at Cadillac Range from MFW

You can barely see the Cove Bar is under construction

GRR

The Matterhorn looks so good without the tarpes from MFW.

Cozy Cone

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

Luigi's Flying Tires

Cadillac Range

Back to Radiator Springs town

Cozy Cone Motel sign

Tow Mater sign

Another look at the Cozy Cone Motel

That is it for now and I will have more later on.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #1710
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! Do you have plans to go for the opening of Cars Land?

Looking forward to more.
TK

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: