Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #151
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndayMichelle View Post
Brett! I saw you at the Mission Tortilla Factory this morning! You were moving so quickly I saw your LGMH and then you were gone! I was with my DBF in the wheelchair.
That was a shame that I didn't see u yesterday IndayMichelle. I was hoping to find any DISer at the park during my visit but looks like I just missed u yesterday at DCA. U saw me with my black hat, red shirt and blue backpack with my LGMH on it? Did u and your DBF had a great time yesterday and what did u do for the rest of the day?

I am a fast walker when I am in the park. I was trying to find the Holiday trees, wreaths and taking pics of the ride vehicles around the whole resort.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #152
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

How did the autograph hunt/ Minnies breakfast go? I saw you got a picture of Donald Duck, I'm so jealous. Every time we go we miss him or he's not there. I really hope to see him in a few days, and Tiana and Rapunzel and Flynn and. . .
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #153
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

That doesn't sound aweful. Was the park crowded? It sounds like a lot of people had second thoughts because of the forecast.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #154
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy72 View Post
Neat pics!! I might go on a solo trip to Disneyland soon. Are you happy when you go by yourself, Brett? I get a little depressed when I see happy couples and families with little children. Oh well. It's still Disneyland and there is lots to do!

P.S. That Snow Glow thingie looks neat...is it a flashlight?
Sry for not replying to your post roxy72, yes I think it is fun to do a solo trip to DL. Not only do u get to decide of what to do at the park and u don't have to worry bout other members of your group. This is my 2nd solo trip to DL (first March 2010), yes it is kind of not the same without another person that u know. When u are at DL u dont feel those kind of things.

Yes, the snow globe light up. They had those on the nightime carts with all the other light up items during the nighttime.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Old 11-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #155
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
How did the autograph hunt/ Minnies breakfast go? I saw you got a picture of Donald Duck, I'm so jealous. Every time we go we miss him or he's not there. I really hope to see him in a few days, and Tiana and Rapunzel and Flynn and. . .
The autograph went well this morning during Minnies breakfast at the Plaza Inn. One of the CM at the front gate was surprised that I am dining just by myself for a character breakfast. I knew that she was going to say someting about that but she was silent about it. I dont think that she would see solo person for a character breakfast. The breakfast was great and I got to see a lot of different disney characters. I have seen Minnie, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Chip, Dale, Brer Fox, Fairy God mother, Max, & Captain Hook during my breakfast. I got Minnie, Chip, Dale, & Fairy God Mother autographs today during the breakfast. I have some some hilarious photos of Dale today. I will post the pics later tomorrow.

A lot of the characters out on MS had their Holiday clothing on and I have seen as many 6 characters out on MS signing and taking pictures with the guests. Tiana is still out at NOS for the Mardi Gras and Rapunzel and Flynn wait line is still as long when it opened.

Thx for the help with the character breakfast and hope u have a good trip this coming week.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #156
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
That doesn't sound aweful. Was the park crowded? It sounds like a lot of people had second thoughts because of the forecast.
The parks didn't seem that crowded on Thursday and yesterday. The parade for Thursday was already filled up half an hour to the show since it is only one show that day.

Today the park was not crowded today since a lot of people including us DISers forecast it was going to rain this whole weekend. It did rain a little this morning, but it did not stopped those people who are there this weekend. I always like it when the park is not crowded due to rain, hey I got the same thing last year back in December 09 when it rained on the weekend of 12-13. You get to be in a less crowded park but the ridess will be shut down during a rainy day and most important for me is the cancelation of the nighttime shows.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #157
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Now it is time to go back to my TR. I believe i left off when I was at the Critter Country gift shop on Thurday. (I will post my pics of each part of my trip when I get back home tomorrow.)

After CC, I head on over to Frontierland and got pics of the Santas Reindeer Round-Up sign by BTMRR. Than I head on over to SRRU. Got to see all the trees, reindeers and Santa was in the house getting pictures with the guests.

Than I got to FL and took pics of all the ride vehicles in FL. Than I got to see the Rapunzel Tower and there was a long line to meet Rapunzel and Flynn. I was considering getting in line, but I didn't since I just have a short amount of time to be in the park until I head back to BW Stovalls to check in to my room.

Tangled Character Greeting

I head on over to ISAWH and it looks the same as always during the Holiday season. The line was about 20 min wait at the time I was in the park around 2:45. Than I went to TT and it was always nice to see the Holiday decorations in TT. I got pics of trees at Mickey and Minnies house as well as Goofy wreath on the tree. I also got the pics of Gadgets coaster ride, RRCS was under construction so I couldn't get the picture of the ride vehicle.

Toon Town Wreath

Toon Town Trees

It was around 3 pm so I head on back to BW Stovalls to check-in to my hotel room. Before I went back to BW Stovalls I took some pics of IASWH and I went to SB castle to take pictures of the castle.

IASWH 11/18/10

SB Castle 11/18/10

It was around 3:20pm when i got out of DL and straight back to Stovalls. I rested up at the hotel until 4:45.

Here are my photos of BW Stovalls Hotel room of a King Room. (I was a little messy when I took these pictures.)

I will write the rest of my TR tomorrow. Hope u like my incomplete TR again. Thx.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 11-21-2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Pictures added
Old 11-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #158
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Doesn't sound too bad. I'm excited to see the pics.

How long was the drive from Livingston? Did you hit traffic? I've though about staying somewhere outside LA to shorten the drive but I'm worried about traffic trying to make a rope drop.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:59 PM   #159
Funball
DIS Veteran

hey brett!! i heard your at disneyland *right* now!!!! wow dude. i hope you are so having fun!!!! hey i gotta catch up on your TR, but from what matt says its awesome an you are having an awesome time!!!
Funball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:06 AM   #160
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Doesn't sound too bad. I'm excited to see the pics.

How long was the drive from Livingston? Did you hit traffic? I've though about staying somewhere outside LA to shorten the drive but I'm worried about traffic trying to make a rope drop.
I would say that it is a 5 hour trip from Livingston to DL. With traffic maybe just another half an hour it only depends on what time u get to LA from the morning to night. That also includes refueling the car.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #161
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funball View Post
hey brett!! i heard your at disneyland *right* now!!!! wow dude. i hope you are so having fun!!!! hey i gotta catch up on your TR, but from what matt says its awesome an you are having an awesome time!!!
Hey Sara

I just left DL 10 hours ago. I was there nov. 18-20. The first two days were great and today was raining like crazy when I must left at noon. Hope u look at my pics on my flickr and will post some on this thread.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:45 AM   #162
amamax2
DIS Veteran

Bret,

Loving your TR and your pictures are wonderful, as always! What a great idea to take pictures of all the ride vehicles!

Can't wait to see more when you get home and settled.
amamax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #163
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Just got back 2 hours ago and I am back home in Sacramento safely. I want to thank all the readers who are keeping track of my TR. I will now write the rest of my TR from Thursday night.

It was around 4:45pm and I left BW Stovalls and carried all my camera and video camera equipment with me to videotape the parade and the fireworks. I got out of the hotel later than I expected since I was posting and writing my TR that night.

I got to DL around 5:05pm and I was heading straight over to the Hub and get a spot on the Tomorrowland side but the curb sides were all filled up and there were people behind the people who are sitting by the curb. I wanted to get a viewing area behind the people behind the curb but there was none available.

So I decided to head on over to NOS and get my dinner. I went over to NOS to Royal Street Veranda and got my usual Steak Gumbo. I always go to RSV first for any meal. It was not a long wait and after I picked up my dinner, I went straight back over to the Hub and got my usual spot for the fireworks.

As I for the fireworks, the parade came around 5:40 and I decided to take some pics of the parade while I am waiting in my spot for the fireworks.

"A Christmas Fantasy" Parade 5:30 11/18/10

After the parade was over, I was just waiting by myself for the fireworks and I talked to some other families of their experience at DL during the Holiday season. They were so amazed of how DL is during the Holiday season. When one of them needed to go to the restroom, I told them that I can watch their stroller and blanket. They were so happy to hear that and they went out and asked me if I would like a drink. I said that I was fine and that was really nice of that family to get me a drink while I was waiting. While we were waiting I took some pics of the castle. Before the fireworks, we got to see two shows of Sleeping Beauty Winter castle light up. I remember that last year when it light up before the fireworks. After the two shows of SB Winter castle light up, the icicles light up after the show.

It also snowed during both of the Wintertime Castle light up.

I will post both of the pics of both the two different show of Wintertime Castle light up. These two shows are different than the other.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #164
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I'm wondering about the walk from Stovalls. How long did it take? I imagine you were walking fast maybe your equipment slowed you down. Did you use the GHC cut through?
Old 11-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #165
roxy72
Mouseketeer

The Stovall's Inn looks nice! What a big bed, too. :D

Great pics, I'm glad you're safely back home!
roxy72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: