Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #1591
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Love how 537k is not a big score for you on Buzz. I would need 3-4 games to even get that high. Do you just save the fastpasses you collect or do you use some of them? Looks like you knock most of the rides out before most people even enter the park. Smart man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Al Lutz was correct on the opening day of Cars Land. I know that it is going to be a mad house on opening day at Cars Land and Buena Vista Street just like when I did WoC on the opening day back in 2010. Can't wait in just a few months.
We were already planning a trip around 06-21-12 for my son's first birthday. Whether it opened or not, we were going. I am just happy that it will be open. I realize it will be busier due to that but would still rather have excess crowds than it not be ready at all. I went to the World of Color show a couple of weeks after it opened. The park was busy, but we dined at Ariel's Grotto to get passes for the show. It worked out nicely. Hopefully, Carsland goes well for us too. Opening day must have been insane. You are brave.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #1592
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
My scores on BLAB and TSMM are awful - that's not even an exaggeration. Awful, I tell you! Especially the BLAB scores! I have seen improvement off and on in my TSMM scores, but the BLAB scores are just horrific all across the board. That one is hard to master, and I don't have good enough hand-eye coordination to master it!

So I finally just resigned myself to the fact that I will ride those rides just for the fun of shooting at targets in general, but that I am never going to be good in any way. Sometimes I do better than other times and I beat my own average, but I rarely beat my other friends. Even the friends I can beat at first, end up beating me later!

I think that for you, Bret, because you are used to getting such great scores, if you get anything less than what you're used to getting you probably feel like you let yourself down. But just know that we would all probably love to have your BLAB scores!!
It is really hard to hit a small light target on BLAB. With those moving targets make BLAB a very fun ride to go on every time. I like to challenge myself on BLAB to beat my best score which was 2,000,000+ a couple of years ago. I understand what you are saying Sherry, I should just be happy that I am getting good scores on BLAB. But every time I get off the ride and see those 1,000,000+ scores from these other guests, I want to be up there with them as having my initials on the screen as the highest scores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Love how 537k is not a big score for you on Buzz. I would need 3-4 games to even get that high. Do you just save the fastpasses you collect or do you use some of them? Looks like you knock most of the rides out before most people even enter the park. Smart man.

We were already planning a trip around 06-21-12 for my son's first birthday. Whether it opened or not, we were going. I am just happy that it will be open. I realize it will be busier due to that but would still rather have excess crowds than it not be ready at all. I went to the World of Color show a couple of weeks after it opened. The park was busy, but we dined at Ariel's Grotto to get passes for the show. It worked out nicely. Hopefully, Carsland goes well for us too. Opening day must have been insane. You are brave.
Ever since I have got an AP, I ride BLAB at least once a trip and always try to get the highest score as I can. But those blasters won't trigger the targets and I do lose a lot of points when they aren't working. Maybe I should videotape myself on the ride one day and show how I do on the ride.

I just collect the FPs and have a scrapbook of the tickets, maps, time sheets, FPs etc. from both resorts. I just like to collect them and remind me of those great times at the parks. I still have WoC FPs on the first day when it opened. Very funny is that when we were let in the viewing area, all the guests were pushing so the CMs couldn't collect the FPs. So I have one to remind myself of that first day.

It is really important to do the best rides in the morning and go on the average wait time rides later during the day. You also got to plan for the shows of which one you want to see. I did use ridemax program to help me plan of what rides to ride and get the FP. You should try ridemax if you haven't used it. It is a real life saver for going on rides without waiting a long time.

Glad that you are going to the DLR to celebrate your son's first birthday. What a better way to celebrate his first birthday by going to Cars Land. At least you won't be going during the opening date which will be crazy. To tell you the truth, I really don't want to go on opening date like I did with WoC back in 2010 when we waited outside the queue to get a FP. This time it might be even crazier this summer because of two new lands at DCA. If there is a AP sneak peek, we will go during the day that DCA will have an AP sneak peek and cancel the opening day trip. But that is only if there is a sneak peek and we get selected.

Good thing that you did the WoC dining package at AG. It was easy for us on the 2nd day when we did the dining package instead of getting up early for a FP. We should have done that on the opening day which would saved us all those hours, but it was a great experience to see the first WoC to the public.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014, Just in Time for Halloween Season in September - September 14 - 16, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #1593
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I definitely think you and TK need to ride TSMM together and compare tips!

Your scores on BLAB - whether they're from 2 years ago or one year ago or last week - are still great, and you should be very proud.

It's amazing to see those photos from DL with almost no people. It won't look like that in about 3 months, will it?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #1594
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I definitely think you and TK need to ride TSMM together and compare tips!

Your scores on BLAB - whether they're from 2 years ago or one year ago or last week - are still great, and you should be very proud.

It's amazing to see those photos from DL with almost no people. It won't look like that in about 3 months, will it?
It will be nice to ride with TK on TSMM. The only problem is that I know where the secret targets on TSMM for each different scene and I just can't pull the string a lot since my arm is not that strong enough. I just don't work out a lot with my arms so they do hurt every time I go all out on TSMM. I should go do some weightlifting.

Your right, I should be proud of my scores on BLAB.

The first post is only the beginning, I still have more photos to show for my upcoming updates. You will never see the park that empty again in the morning unless something like that incident happens again at the ticket booth. I can understand the management closing off the ticket booth, but if the suspicious package is around DTD then the east side of the bus loading zone will be open and you can enter the parks from there. Just not from the DTD side.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014, Just in Time for Halloween Season in September - September 14 - 16, 2014

Old 03-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #1595
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I think that sometimes the arms and wrists get exerted more on TSMM when the strings are too loose or too tense on the ride, and when the shooter/contraption/string is further away from the rider. Some of the contraptions are closer to the riders, while others are further out and you have to lean in more to operate them. I like the ride vehicles on TSMM where the shooting strings and devices are even with each other, and one is not closer than the other.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #1596
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think that sometimes the arms and wrists get exerted more on TSMM when the strings are too loose or too tense on the ride, and when the shooter/contraption/string is further away from the rider. Some of the contraptions are closer to the riders, while others are further out and you have to lean in more to operate them. I like the ride vehicles on TSMM where the shooting strings and devices are even with each other, and one is not closer than the other.
Thank you for the lesson sherry. THe ride vehicles on TSMM are fun to ride on and I like to pull the strings on the guns. You are right that sometimes when I am on different ride vehicles, the string does feel like it is short or long.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #1597
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – March 3, 2012 – Part 2

Day 2 – March 3, 2012 – Part 2

Now back to going around the park taking pictures after going on my usual rides that morning. The park still looked empty that day and I just didn't asked where everyone was that morning. Good thing that it wasn't that crazy so I could do some picture taking without too many people in my pictures.

After leaving POTC, I head on back to the Hub to get some pictures.

Now I am back at MS and once again, it was quiet.

I took some pics of the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe

Now I am back at the Hub to take somepics of the flowers upclose. Here are more pictures of the flowers upclose for you Sherry, Deej, and TK.

What ride is in the background of this picture?

Now I head on over to the Matterhorn to get some upclose pictures. It does look strange to see the Matterhorn all wrapped up. But it will be very nice to see the mountain all fixed up and ready to go for the summertime.

After getting some pics of the Matterhorn, I was now back in TL. Most of the ride at TL were still short and still spooky.

So my next destination was over to IASW.

Even over at IASW, it was quiet and it was already 9:15am.

The back side of the Matterhorn

So I head on over to FL and see what the crowd levels are like. Just like everywhere arount he park, FL is almost empty that morning.

After seeing PP with a short queue, I concluded that something was wrong. I didn't know why there weren't anyone at the park. So I just walked around the park and see what the wait times were like.

I head on over to the back side of Frontierland to get some decent pics.

Now back at the RoA where it is still quiet.

So I just kept walking around to see why the park wasn't that crowded that morning. On the next post will tell the whole thing. So stay tune for the next post on Saturday.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #1598
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Yay for more pictures of flowers! I just don't get tired of looking at Disneyland flowers. Was it BTMR in the background of that picture?

"Spooky" is a good word to describe the way the park looked that Saturday morning. That would have been amazing to have the park to yourself like that.

What is your record high score on BLAB? That's one of the rides my kids can't wait to get back to this fall. I want to tell them about your high scores. That would be fun if you and TK could take a spin on BLAB and TSMM together sometime.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #1599
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

More lovely shots. The flowers are so beautiful. I cannot wait to hear why it was so slow. I have never seen a Saturday that was not completely packed.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #1600
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Yay for more pictures of flowers! I just don't get tired of looking at Disneyland flowers. Was it BTMR in the background of that picture?

"Spooky" is a good word to describe the way the park looked that Saturday morning. That would have been amazing to have the park to yourself like that.

What is your record high score on BLAB? That's one of the rides my kids can't wait to get back to this fall. I want to tell them about your high scores. That would be fun if you and TK could take a spin on BLAB and TSMM together sometime.
Yes, it was BTMRR in the background of the Hub tree.

It was spooky at the beginning that DL was not that crowded after 9am. So I knew that something was wrong and the CM's wouldn't allow the guests to enter the park. At first I thought about the suspicious bag at TL a couple of years ago. I can't remember what date it was but I know that they wouldn't let any guests in TL until it was clear. So I thought it would be something like that this Saturday morning. I did my usual routine going around the park taking pictures. Than after finding out the situation at the esplanade, I just went on rides after that.

Here is my score from 2010 and it did take awhile to look for it on my flickr. It was 2,581,500 points which is my highest. I remember that the ride stopped a few times to let the handicapped guests on the ride. Luckily I was in areas that had the triangles which gave me those high scores.

It would be great to ride with TK on TSMM and BLAB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
More lovely shots. The flowers are so beautiful. I cannot wait to hear why it was so slow. I have never seen a Saturday that was not completely packed.
Thank you kmedina. You will find out later on the next post of what happened that Saturday morning.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:04 AM   #1601
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:

I see that you got 12,000. Who is that guy in the hat with the high score?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #1602
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My scores on BLAB and TSMM are awful - that's not even an exaggeration. Awful, I tell you! Especially the BLAB scores! I have seen improvement off and on in my TSMM scores, but the BLAB scores are just horrific all across the board. That one is hard to master, and I don't have good enough hand-eye coordination to master it!

So I finally just resigned myself to the fact that I will ride those rides just for the fun of shooting at targets in general, but that I am never going to be good in any way. Sometimes I do better than other times and I beat my own average, but I rarely beat my other friends. Even the friends I can beat at first, end up beating me later!

I think that for you, Bret, because you are used to getting such great scores, if you get anything less than what you're used to getting you probably feel like you let yourself down. But just know that we would all probably love to have your BLAB scores!!
Oh Sherry, I know the feeling on BLAB. I thought my hand-eye coordination was OK....sigh. I too find myself trying to enjoy the ride for the ride's sake. I definitely need Bret's coaching

Quote:
It will be nice to ride with TK on TSMM. The only problem is that I know where the secret targets on TSMM for each different scene and I just can't pull the string a lot since my arm is not that strong enough. I just don't work out a lot with my arms so they do hurt every time I go all out on TSMM. I should go do some weightlifting.

Your right, I should be proud of my scores on BLAB.

The first post is only the beginning, I still have more photos to show for my upcoming updates. You will never see the park that empty again in the morning unless something like that incident happens again at the ticket booth. I can understand the management closing off the ticket booth, but if the suspicious package is around DTD then the east side of the bus loading zone will be open and you can enter the parks from there. Just not from the DTD side.
Bret, I find that if you concentrate on unlocking the Easter egg with your ride partner you don't need to hit as many targets, just the high point ones. Make sure you sit on the side with the hen house. I let the boys shoot madly at targets while I concentrate on the hens and fox.

What I really need to do is have you go with Donald or Grumpy. My only job with them is to help get the EE and I've always scored well.

Your photos during the 'quiet time' at DL were S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G! The flower pictures just beautiful. What ride is behind the pink flowers? My guess is the Matterhorn.

Such a blue sky that day. I'm so happy you like to take pictures because I sure enjoy seeing them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
That would be me skiingfast if ever I get the chance to ride with Bret on BLAB. I would be hiding from Zurg's camera because of my paltry score. Is it bad that the non-existent person in Bret's car scores higher than I do?

Bret I'm so glad you got a picture of your high score. Holy smokes!! I'd have that framed in my living room! Well maybe not but it would sure be in my scrapbook.

SO fun!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #1603
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Oh Sherry, I know the feeling on BLAB. I thought my hand-eye coordination was OK....sigh. I too find myself trying to enjoy the ride for the ride's sake. I definitely need Bret's coaching

Bret, I find that if you concentrate on unlocking the Easter egg with your ride partner you don't need to hit as many targets, just the high point ones. Make sure you sit on the side with the hen house. I let the boys shoot madly at targets while I concentrate on the hens and fox.

What I really need to do is have you go with Donald or Grumpy. My only job with them is to help get the EE and I've always scored well.

Your photos during the 'quiet time' at DL were S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G! The flower pictures just beautiful. What ride is behind the pink flowers? My guess is the Matterhorn.

Such a blue sky that day. I'm so happy you like to take pictures because I sure enjoy seeing them!

That would be me skiingfast if ever I get the chance to ride with Bret on BLAB. I would be hiding from Zurg's camera because of my paltry score. Is it bad that the non-existent person in Bret's car scores higher than I do?

Bret I'm so glad you got a picture of your high score. Holy smokes!! I'd have that framed in my living room! Well maybe not but it would sure be in my scrapbook.

SO fun!
I can teach you which targets you aim at on BLAB.

I know about the hen house which is on the left and right side only depends on which car you are on. The ones that I have the troubles is the break the plates, ring toss and dart game. The plates is by hitting the two flying plates to open the mouth, ring toss by getting all the little green aliens on the ship and the dart game by hitting all the targets. I just don't pull the string so fast so I can't hit those targets.

It will be nice to ride with Donald or Grumpy on TSMM.

DL did look spooky that morning when it was quiet. Deej answered that question which was BTMRR.

As you know that I like to take pictures of the buildings and rides at the parks.

The person with me is my friend son which we went to Long Beach Convention Center for an event in August of 2010. I was really lucky that day by getting that high score on BLAB. If you go on the ride when there are handicapped people, you are almost guarantee to get a high score on the ride.

I will have the next update later today so stay tune.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #1604
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – March 3, 2012 – Part 3

Day 2 – March 3, 2012 – Part 3

Now back to the TR. After seeing that the park was still empty that Saturday morning, I just went along through the park like I usually do by taking pictures around the DLR. I was in Adventureland and headin gon over to TL to get my next FP since the ST already passed.

Back at the Hub, it stil was quiet

On my way over to TL and once agin it is so quiet.

I head on over to Space Mountain to get my FP

After getting my FP, I started to head on out of the park like I usually do to DCA at 9:30am.

Now I am back at MS and walking down to the exit. On the way, there was no one out on MS and I see a lot of CMs just walking n out talking to other CMs and guests.

It was already 9:40am and MS was quiet

You can barely see it in this picture that there were a lot of CMs right by GMwML

While I was around the TS, I had to get some pics of the flowers around the area.

It does look so strange to see MS that empty around 9:30am

The conductors were out at the MS station.

When I approached the exit on the right hand side by City Hall, there were CMs preventing the guests from exiting the park. I was wondering why they wouldn't let anyone exit the park. But they told the people around the area that there was a suspicious package right by the ticket booths. So they aren't letting anyone exit the park, but if they needed to go out a CM would escort them out of the park.

Even the DLRR wasn't running since the engineers were on MS.

So I went to a bench right by the Hub and looked on my iPad and checked the forum to see what was going on and I found out that the park was locked down since after I entered the park that morning. I was really lucky that I was in the park before the resort didn't let any other guest in. So I called my DA that they weren't letting anyone in the park and she told me that there were people around the entrance on Harbor Blvd that weren't allowed to enter the park. I would tell her that when they started to let guests back in DL. That would be awhile, in the meantime, I decided to go on some rides before the big crowds come in that morning.

Now its time to on rides while it was not that crowded.

I will be back with more from that bizarre Saturday morning.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #1605
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I am confused. Did that happen twice or did I just already hear about it? I thought a bomb threat was already mentioned. I was thinking what are the odds that would happen twice in a row.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: