Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #1501
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – November 20, 2011 – Part 1

Day 4 – November 20, 2011 – Part 1

Now it is Monday which is the saddest part of any trip which is the last day. But we decided it was a good idea to stay one more extra day so we wouldn’t have to drive back to Sacramento during a rainy day. On Monday it is mostly a shopping day and possibly go on one ride or two during that morning.

My DA and I head on out of BW Stovall’s around 7:45am and on our way to DL. At least the weather that Monday morning was all clear. But it was still wet from last night so I knew that it would be a perfect knight.

When we got to the turnstiles close to 8am, there were quite a number of people over there but it wasn’t that bad.

The Ward Kimball was at the MS RR station

At MS, there weren’t quite that many people at MS. But we decided to go back to TL and ride the monorail that morning. So we walked down MS and get more pics of the Christmas decorations.

The Hub looks great

We walked through SB Castle since my DA wanted to ride Dumbo so we head on over to FL.

It was a long time since I have rode on Dumbo and it was fun to ride it. We only had to wait 5 minutes to get on Dumbo. I forgot to take pictures while riding Dumbo since it was fun to ride. I only got a picture on the outside.

After riding Dumbo, we were on our way towards TL and get back on the monorail.

The FNSV Lagoon

So we head on over to the monorail and we were hoping to ride in the front. But that early in the morning we knew that we would get the front or back easily since there aren’t too many people in the morning. Most of the people that ride the monorail in the morning is when they board it at DTD station.

When we were in the station, we saw Monorail Red approaching and that was the monorail we were riding.

Interesting to see that we were the only ones at the station, we thought of having the monorail by ourselves with no one in any of the cars.

Some of the submarines at the FNSV dock were still on the side. But they will be on the main line later on that morning when the crowd levels start to pick up.

Monorail red circling TL and will be here shortly

That’s it for now on this post and I will be back later today with more.

I got to finished this TR so I can get to more on my WDW TR.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 12-20-2011 at 02:04 AM.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:19 AM   #1502
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – November 20, 2011 – Part 2

Day 4 – November 20, 2011 – Part 2

The two of us waited until Monorail Red approached the station. Luckily for us we were the only ones at the station and we will have the monorail for ourselves.

When we were about to enter the front of Monorail red, there was another group that was boarding. So it looks like our only chance of riding the monorail with no one was over. But it was nice to get the front and here are some pics from the front of Monorail Red towards the DTD station.

We arrived at the DTD station and we rode the monorail back to the TL station. While we were riding the monorail back to the TL station, we saw the turnstiles at DL is started to pick up with a lot of people heading in the park.

After we got off the monorail my DA wanted to do some last minute shopping before we head on back to BW Stovall’s and back home to Sacramento. She wanted to do some shopping at MS before we leave. So we head on over to MS.

The crowd level at MS is picking up around 9am.

Before we head on in one of the stores at MS, right by the clock on MS that there was a tall tripod with a DSLR camera facing the clock and the castle. I was curious what they were taking that morning.

That’s it for now and will be right back with the last part of the TR.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2011, 01:35 AM   #1503
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

It's fun to see what the park looked like early that same Monday morning that I arrived. The crowd level definitely picked up as the day went on.

Those pictures from the front of the Monorail were great. It felt like I was right there riding along!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:15 AM   #1504
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

That is a short ladder to use a camera on that tall tripod.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #1505
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
It's fun to see what the park looked like early that same Monday morning that I arrived. The crowd level definitely picked up as the day went on.

Those pictures from the front of the Monorail were great. It felt like I was right there riding along!
I see. At least it was good for me and my DA to leave the park that Monday morning before the park crowd level picks up. It did look like it was going to be full when we were riding the monorail and saw at the turnstiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
That is a short ladder to use a camera on that tall tripod.
I remember that it was a short ladder and the tripod was so tall. I wonder what they were doing that morning.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that my WDW TR was originally in the Pre-TR but now it has been moved to the WDW TR so it won't be confusing. Friends and Family Holiday trip to WDW Dec 9 - 16, 2011 Update Post #34
Old 12-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #1506
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – November 20, 2011 – Part 3

Day 4 – November 20, 2011 – Part 3

I have left off at MS while my DA and I were doing our last second shopping. While she was looking in the stores, this was a good opportunity to get some photos of the trees and wreaths in side since we didn’t go in side the stores during the trip.

My DA spent a lot of time at the Crystal Arts store while she was looking for a small crystal Disney character. I didn’t get a picture of what she got, but she got a mini Dumbo crystal figurine Here are some more pics from the Crystal Arts store

We left the Crystal Arts store and now going to another store to look

My DA wanted to go get some Christmas treats so we head on over to the Candy Palace and Cady Kitchen store.

We left the store and the last one on the way was towards the Disney Showcase store. On the way to the store, the crowd level around 9:30am started to pick up with more and more people now entering the park.

It almost looks like a mini rope drop

My DA was looking at the Disney Showcase store while I got my last tree for the quest

After leaving the Disney Showcase store, we were now on our way out of DL and back to BW Stovall’s

When we pass the turnstile, there were quite a number of people heading in the park around 9:50am. Good thing we left the park as we knew it would be crowded.

DCA is now open

DL Campaign right by the security gate right by DTD

We head on back to BW Stovall’s and packed all of our stuff. We left Anaheim around 10:30am and now on our way back to Livingston to see my grandmother.

When we stopped at my grandmothers house around 5pm we stayed for awhile and went straight back home to Sacramento.

That concludes our annual Holiday trip to DL. This was a fun trip since we got to stay an extra day at DL. Good thing we did stay another night since Sunday was raining and my DA didn’t want to drive home while it was raining. I got to use my new camera and it worked really well. It was a good investment and glad I didn’t regret buying it.

Got to do my nighttime show at DL which is “Believe…In Holiday Magic” fireworks, “A Christmas Fantasy” parade right by MS Town Square at night, WoC with the Holiday version, “The Magic, The Memories, and You!” with the Holiday segment and of course all the pictures of the Christmas lights around the DLR.

I have taken about over 1800 pics during this trip while some are not shown on my TR since some are bad and good. Most of them were from MFW and “A Christmas Fantasy” parade.

Now that this TR is finally finished, now I can concentrate on the WDW TR which is already in process. So you can check it out right now. I will have the next update on my WDW TR later this morning so stay tune. You can go to my WDW TR on my signature below. I don’t have a plan TR to DL until the summertime when Cars Land and BVS is opened.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #1507
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Great TR Bret! You left and I arrived about an hour later. I forgot to mention that when we decided to stay 2 nights instead of 1, and I couldn't get a room through the Ramada website, I considered staying at Stovall's. We used to stay there when I was little, back when it was called the Inn of Tomorrow. It had more of a white and blue theme going on then.

I was going to ask when you planned on returning to DLR. Are you sure you can wait that long?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #1508
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Great TR Bret! You left and I arrived about an hour later. I forgot to mention that when we decided to stay 2 nights instead of 1, and I couldn't get a room through the Ramada website, I considered staying at Stovall's. We used to stay there when I was little, back when it was called the Inn of Tomorrow. It had more of a white and blue theme going on then.

I was going to ask when you planned on returning to DLR. Are you sure you can wait that long?
Thank you Deej. Just about an hour difference when I left and you arrived at DL. I would have stayed until DCA opened at 10am and go back on MFW to get last second pictures, but my DA wanted to get out of Anaheim before the traffic got worse. It didn't matter when we left that day because the traffic on I-5 North to Sacramento was busy. It would have been nice to meet you at DL that Monday morning.

BW Stovall's is a very nice place to stay with low prices then BWPPI or BWAI, it also has a complimentary breakfast which is good to have a snack before you enter the park, and the walk is not that long as a lot of people have claim. I barely didn't stay at BW Stovall's back in it's early days since I have been mostly been staying at the DLH before DTD came along, I also stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel which is now Paradise Pier hotel. That was my favorite hotel to stay right by DL since it is close to the DLH. BWPPI is one of the hotels that we stay a lot because of its location.

Right now, my DA and I are planning on going to DL in June when Cars Land and Buena Vista Street opens. But I might have second thoughts because we don't know when Cars Land and Buena Vista Street will be opened. I have it planned in the middle of June which is always busy during the summertime. I might go back to Anaheim around March since there is a major Yu-Gi-Oh tournament at Long Beach. Another possibility before the summertime was the end of May just like last year. I am hoping that DCA will have a AP showing of Cars Land before it opens to the public in the summertime. During my May TR, I got to ride ST during the AP Sneak Peak which was great. It will be nice if DCA will be doing something like that at Cars Land next year. I will keep you and everyone updated when my next trip is to DL.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #1509
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

We're done?? Not returning until the summer??

Thanks for taking the time to post. I love your trip reports!

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:15 AM   #1510
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie

...my very best wishes for you & your family.

your pictures continues to capture the disney's wonder~land.

...fyi, special thanks for helping us out this past year. we owe
you a great big favor, & maybe we be able to return your
kindness. and of course merry disney-dis christmas!

just a reminder, we 'll be camping 2 the gch lodge this may,

now that's my kind of camping, . then we 're going on our
very first alunai trip,

saw where one of your friends also went to alaska, .
if you ever get the chance, it was worth every penny!

one of our fellow cruisers sent us a dvd of their pictures.
i know old news, but i was surprised to see us in several of
his pictures. not that i could pass for a model-,
but maybe a camera hog?!

when our daughter was little, i used to encouraged her toward
the "arts." including dressing up, drawing, singing ..everything-
anything. she is only 14, but she has taught herself japanese,
& their type of art drawings. people @ work were so impressed,
they hired her to do their children in the same style. it came out
pretty impressive. of course, this is from a person whose
handwriting is so poor, my co-workers gave it a name.

you take so many great pictures, i couldn't chose a favorite.
though the foodies ones made my tummy growl. very, very nice,
in `deeds! also the monorail were a family special- it was our
favorite @ wdw, we used to sit in the front & ride around for
hours!

thanks once more, for the memories! we really like going to
disneyland !
Old 12-22-2011, 04:11 AM   #1511
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

That's too bad you only got 1 good shot of BVS from the Monorail.

Now you have a Nikon D3100?
What did you use before?

Did this trip give you enough practice for WDW?

The shot over the lagoon toward the Sub/Monorail station is excellent.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #1512
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
We're done?? Not returning until the summer??

Thanks for taking the time to post. I love your trip reports!

TK
I am done at DL for now. I might go back to SoCal on March 24-25 for a Yu-Gi-Oh Championship Series tournament at the Long Beach Convention Center. But I don't want to go during a busy spring break. So I will wait and see what it is like. Another possibility is late May during Memorial Day weekend since I am going to see my middle school band play at SoCal.

Your welcome and glad that you enjoy my TR TK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
...my very best wishes for you & your family.

your pictures continues to capture the disney's wonder~land.

...fyi, special thanks for helping us out this past year. we owe
you a great big favor, & maybe we be able to return your
kindness. and of course merry disney-dis christmas!

just a reminder, we 'll be camping 2 the gch lodge this may,

now that's my kind of camping, . then we 're going on our
very first alunai trip,

saw where one of your friends also went to alaska, .
if you ever get the chance, it was worth every penny!

one of our fellow cruisers sent us a dvd of their pictures.
i know old news, but i was surprised to see us in several of
his pictures. not that i could pass for a model-,
but maybe a camera hog?!

when our daughter was little, i used to encouraged her toward
the "arts." including dressing up, drawing, singing ..everything-
anything. she is only 14, but she has taught herself japanese,
& their type of art drawings. people @ work were so impressed,
they hired her to do their children in the same style. it came out
pretty impressive. of course, this is from a person whose
handwriting is so poor, my co-workers gave it a name.

you take so many great pictures, i couldn't chose a favorite.
though the foodies ones made my tummy growl. very, very nice,
in `deeds! also the monorail were a family special- it was our
favorite @ wdw, we used to sit in the front & ride around for
hours!

thanks once more, for the memories! we really like going to
disneyland !
Thank you Lil' Grumpy

Glad that you like my pictures and it is my pleasure to help you out with my pictures.

I am getting excited for you when you will be going to DL in May along with the Aulani trip.

Have you checked out my WDW TR yet? I only have part of the pictures up on my TR and I will have more pictures when the TR gets farther in. The monorail is one of my favorite activities to do at WDW. Just like you, I could easily ride the monorail for hours. I am just sad that WDW doesn't allow any guests to ride up front in the monorail since the 2009 accident. I was also glad to see the newest monorail in service which is Monorail peach. Now the WDW have its 12 monorails back in service after two long years.

Your welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
That's too bad you only got 1 good shot of BVS from the Monorail.

Now you have a Nikon D3100?
What did you use before?

Did this trip give you enough practice for WDW?

The shot over the lagoon toward the Sub/Monorail station is excellent.
It was too bad that I only got one good pick of BVS, I got more but they were really bad quality so I didn't post them on my flickr account.

I now have a Nikon D5100. My old camera was a Nikon D60.

Thank you Matt.

Now that the DL TR is over, I am now back on the WDW TR.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #1513
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

It's been awhile since I post something on my TR, but now I am considering doing a trip to DL on March 2nd to 4th with my DA. The reason we are pre-planning a trip to DL in early March is that I will finish my basketball season in mid February and need a break after a long basketball season. My DA has some leave time that month and have her DAP so it will be nice to get away from Sacramento and enjoy a nice time at DL during the slow days before Spring Break. It will also be a good time to see BVS and Cars Land until it opens this summer.

Here is the trip that I might do before the summertime TK. This might not be the only one, I could do a trip in May if DL management does a sneak peak for Cars Land. It would be really nice to see Cars Land before the summertime. I will wait and see what it looks like before I make my plans. I am getting so excited for you since you are only a few days away till your trip to DL. You and your family have a great time this coming week.

I am very curious of what is going on the weekend of February 24-26, 2012? I saw that the park will be really crowded that weekend and curious of what is happening if someone knows the answer.

Thank you for your help.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #1514
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

HI Bret,
I hope you get to do a sneak peak of Cars Land. It will be the only way I will 'see' it for a couple of years (unless I convince my family to make DL our annual trip) They are pretty attached to EPCOT so I think we'll keep alternating our trips.

We leave in 3 days!! I will be doing a trip report when we return.

Keep us posted on the potential March visit

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #1515
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
HI Bret,
I hope you get to do a sneak peak of Cars Land. It will be the only way I will 'see' it for a couple of years (unless I convince my family to make DL our annual trip) They are pretty attached to EPCOT so I think we'll keep alternating our trips.

We leave in 3 days!! I will be doing a trip report when we return.

Keep us posted on the potential March visit

TK
I am hoping that DCA will do a sneak peak of Cars Land for the AP holders. I have read on Al Lutz report that DCA management might do a AP Sneak Peak tour of Cars Land which won't offer any rides. I will have no problem with that and wait till the summertime to ride the three new rides at Cars Land if I can walk through Cars Land and see all those amazing buildings. I am planning on taking a ton of pictures at Cars Land when it opens.

You should try to convince them to go later next year to the DLR with DCA finally finished after all these years of construction. Maybe when they see Cars Land and BVS, they might change their minds and want to go see the new lands at DCA. My dad and my DB were very attached to EPCOT the whole time during my WDW trip. I believed they went twice during the trip. I love EPCOT and a must do every time I go to WDW.

I am so excited for you since you are only 3 days away till your trip. Hope that you have a great time and can't wait to read and see your pics from your trip.

I will keep you and everyone posted about my trip in March.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: