Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #136
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
The parade and the fireworks will be posted later when I get back to Sacramento, but I should be able to post some pics of the parade since I am currently waiting for the fireworks. I didn't get a good spot for the parade since Im just waiting for Believe...In Holiday Magic. I will videotape and take pictures of the parade in a good spot until tomorrow.

Tonight is really nice since it is not as crowded on a thursday night during the holiday season at DL. The weather is clear and not windy, so it will be a nice night to see the fireworks.
Hey Bret, I'd really like to know how important you feel it is to watch the fireworks by the castle. Does the Holiday show have as many projections and special effects as RDCT???
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #137
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I just got back from DL and the report was right that there is a special event at DL tonight. I will do my TR in just awhile.

Thx for reading my live TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialks View Post
Hey Bret, I'd really like to know how important you feel it is to watch the fireworks by the castle. Does the Holiday show have as many projections and special effects as RDCT???
All the nighttime shows at DL or WDW is very important to me than the rides. I am just one of those people who like to watch the nighttime shows and get a good spot even if I have to wait hours for it. Also I videotape the shows and post them on youtube later. I must at least be in front of SB castle during each of my trips to see the fireworks from the best view. I have np with the wait and sometimes I save spots for other people who are right next to me.

Believe...In Holiday Magic fireworks doesn't have too many projections and special effects as RDCT. It uses some fireworks on the front of the castle and uses the spinning fireworks on the sides. Believe is over 10 years old and RDCT is 5 years old.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #138
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Now to get back to my TR.

When I was in MS USA around 1:30pm today and seeing all of the different Holiday decorations. The first thing I did was take pictures of almost everything that had Holiday decorations around the park. I just walked to shop to shop and almost all the stores had decorations and holiday treats and merchandise.

Here are some of the Holiday merchandise.

Than I just kept going onto different stores on MS. I'm still getting all the pics for the Tree Quest and Wreath Quest that Sherry has setup. Here are some more pics of the Trees and Wreaths on MS USA.

I will post the 3rd part of my TR later since I am tired of waiting for the fireworks tonight. I will BRB.

Thx for reading my TR.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:40 PM   #139
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I'm glad the weather is good today. I looked and tomorrow may be good. I read the rain isn't supposed to start until 4am Saturday. Keep up the good work on the quest!
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #140
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the installment. Sitting at the car dealer waiting for the 'good news' about my car. May not be good... It was wonderful to enjoy the holidays at DL through your pics. LOVE the one with the swags across main street and the beautiful blue sky.

Keeping my eyes on my email for a new installment Hope you are having a ton of fun!!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #141
roxy72
Mouseketeer

Neat pics!! I might go on a solo trip to Disneyland soon. Are you happy when you go by yourself, Brett? I get a little depressed when I see happy couples and families with little children. Oh well. It's still Disneyland and there is lots to do!

P.S. That Snow Glow thingie looks neat...is it a flashlight?
roxy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #142
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy72 View Post
P.S. That Snow Glow thingie looks neat...is it a flashlight?
I was wondering that too, but the one on the far right look like it has "snow in it" is it a snow globe? Does it light up too?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #143
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
I'm glad the weather is good today. I looked and tomorrow may be good. I read the rain isn't supposed to start until 4am Saturday. Keep up the good work on the quest!
Sry for not replying last night since I needed a lot of sleep after driving for 5 hours. The weather was really nice yesterday and today was also nice. It did sprinkle just a little today but nothing serious. I am prepared for tomorrow when it rains in the morning.

I have more pics on flickr but I can't post them on the thread with my iPad. I'm just waiting for the 2nd parade right across the street from GMwML. The weather is nice and it is cloudy today but it is nice right now.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #144
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Thank you for the installment. Sitting at the car dealer waiting for the 'good news' about my car. May not be good... It was wonderful to enjoy the holidays at DL through your pics. LOVE the one with the swags across main street and the beautiful blue sky.

Keeping my eyes on my email for a new installment Hope you are having a ton of fun!!
I'm sry to hear about your car. I'm glad that you enjoy all my pics during my trip.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #145
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

While I am waiting for the 5:30 parade, I write my TR from yesterday.

Back when I was in the park in the afternoon around 2, I head on straight over to Adventureland and rooks pics of Jungle cruise even though it was not running that day, but I was able to get a pic from the exit.

Than I head on over to the ROA and got the pics of the Mark Twain, Columbia and the rafts. The Columbia was still in the dry docks and I was wondering why it was not running that day. Than I realize that it is a short day today and they didn't need to have both boats on the track.

I head on over to NOS and took more pics of NoS without the holiday overlay. I was kind of surprise that this year in NoS, they don't have any garlands over the walkway. I talked to a CM and said that they try to make NOS more of a Marte Gras than the usual decorations in NOS. I have took pics of the trees and wreaths in NOS stores.

After that I head on over to Critter Country and got the pics of the canoes, winnie the pooh, and splash mountain. I also went in the store st the end of critter country and they had a few more trees in the store for the tree quest.

I will write the rest of my TR when I am waiting for WoC tonight. I am going to try that spot right next to the VIP seating with my Blue FP for the first show. I am also going to see Ele tronica after the parade.

Hope u like my incomplete TR.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #146
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Sounds like it's going great. I'm glad still glad the weather is holding off as much as it can.

Nice pics, your going to end up with a couple hundred trees, I have this feeling!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:58 AM   #147
IndayMichelle
Hopelessly addicted to DLR and WDW popcorn

Brett! I saw you at the Mission Tortilla Factory this morning! You were moving so quickly I saw your LGMH and then you were gone! I was with my DBF in the wheelchair.

Disneyland 9/04, 9/06, 1/10, 3/10, 11/10, 4/11, 7/11, 10/11, 1/12, Leap Day 2012, 3/12
Contemporary Resort 7/00 - Caribbean Beach Resort 9/08 - Polynesian Resort 4/10

IndayMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:43 AM   #148
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndayMichelle View Post
Brett! I saw you at the Mission Tortilla Factory this morning! You were moving so quickly I saw your LGMH and then you were gone! I was with my DBF in the wheelchair.
What a bummer. I'm sad you didn't get a chance to say hi.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:45 AM   #149
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Bret, I've looked through hundred of photos. The ride vehicle shots are superb.

I like the day and night castle shots too.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #150
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Sounds like it's going great. I'm glad still glad the weather is holding off as much as it can.

Nice pics, your going to end up with a couple hundred trees, I have this feeling!
Thx Matt.

The weather today was a little bit bad than the first two days of the trip. It was raining a little first thing in the morning and than it stopped for awhile. Than later it started to srinkled later and stopped again. Than when I was leaving the hotel today at noon, it started to pour. Talk about getting out of the parks and heading back home at a good time. I feel sorry for the guests who were there today after noon while it was raining hard.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: