Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
mikeeymike
Bringing Some Disney Magic to my Family!!

Mickey’s Space Ship Shuttle

Has anyone used Mickey’s Space Ship Shuttle to get to a disneyland area hotel from LAX, and back to the airport? How reliable are they?

I am thinking of prebooking transportation with them but will only do so if they are reliable and show up on time to pick up at the hotel, etc.

They claim to have free baby seats in all their vans. Any insights into this shuttle service would be appreciated.

Some questions I have:

- Do them charge for kids under 3?
- What are the baby car seats like? Will they be adequate for a 6 month old and a 2 yr old.
- Can you get the van under green sign at LAX without pre-booking by email or phone?

Next Disney Family Adventure: Nov 4-13, 2013 - DD#1 5 yrs DD#2 3 yrs - Pop Century Resort

2011 - Disneyland, family trip in December. DD#1 3 yrs, DD#2 1 yr, Park Vue Inn
2010 - Disneyland, family trip in August. DD#1 2 yrs DD#2 5 mths - stayed at Hojo Anaheim
2002 - Disneyland. Me + GF (now Wife) - stayed at the Westcoast Anaheim Hotel (now Sheraton Park Hotel)
1999 - Walt Disney World (April) with friends, stayed offsite
mikeeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
mikeeymike

Thumbs down

surprise..surprise... no responses and that speaks volumes about this company. I actually emailed them asking about their service and did not receive a reply!! So it is very safe to say that I won't be using this company.

Next Disney Family Adventure: Nov 4-13, 2013 - DD#1 5 yrs DD#2 3 yrs - Pop Century Resort

2010 - Disneyland, family trip in August. DD#1 2 yrs DD#2 5 mths - stayed at Hojo Anaheim
2002 - Disneyland. Me + GF (now Wife) - stayed at the Westcoast Anaheim Hotel (now Sheraton Park Hotel)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran

I've never even heard of that company! Have you already looked into using the Disneyland Express bus (operated by Grey Line)? Don't know if they've got baby seats or not as I've no kids, but I can vouch that their service is reliable.

Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemermaid View Post
I've never even heard of that company! Have you already looked into using the Disneyland Express bus (operated by Grey Line)? Don't know if they've got baby seats or not as I've no kids, but I can vouch that their service is reliable.
Agree with the DL Express! You can find more info here.... http://www.coachamerica.com/grayline...s_shuttles.cfm

Not sure about the kids under three or the car seats, you'd probably have to call and ask. I do know that tickets are $20 one way $30 round trip for adults and $17 one way $23 round trip for kids. And they pick up under the green sign
Old 08-25-2010, 01:30 AM   #5
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Every few months this company gets mentioned here on DIS in a similar, "Has anyone heard of them?" thread.

Their website is a mess, fonts, style, grammar, etc.... It's extremely unprofessional.

I realize they are not a web design company, but it speaks a lot about the company in my opinion.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #6
BrizMarc
YOUR AD HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
Every few months this company gets mentioned here on DIS in a similar, "Has anyone heard of them?" thread.

Their website is a mess, fonts, style, grammar, etc.... It's extremely unprofessional.

I realize they are not a web design company, but it speaks a lot about the company in my opinion.

- Dreams
wow that website is a mess. I agree. I wouldnt be going anywhere near them
Old 08-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
CaseyK
Mouseketeer

We used Disneyland Express last visit and will this one. Last visit, DS was 5 months and DD was almost 3. They do not have baby seats which I did not like but DS was in his snuggly and I clung to him for dear life. I did email the company before to ask about baby seats and they said it was not necessary. I was going to go with SuperShuttle this time but they require you to bring your own car seats. For us, bringing 2 seats and a stroller is just not feasible. We will be using Disneyland Express again- they have a great rate right now for family of 5 for 99$ round trip. They are quick to reply to emails and questions and very friendly and reliable. We lost our straps on our stroller last visit and the bus was leaving the hotel- my dad stopped them, the driver got out and happily climbed under the bus to find our missing strap. Plus, the bus has Disney characters on the outside- so exciting for the kids.

I looked into Mickey Space Ship Shuttle and same thing- they did not leave me with a content feeling at all. I'm going with what I know.
CaseyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #8
pinktink83
DIS Veteran

Erm...they say their motto is "we lie the least!" Oh dear...that website is a hot mess, and they seem soooooo shady! Whats with all those pictures of burnt buses?!?!

*Disneyland (CA) 5/06: 1st w/ kids! {Trip report} *SeaWorld 8/07: 1st w/ kids! {Trip report}
*Disneyland (CA) 10/08: 1st Halloween! *Daddy/Son Legoland 5/09
*Mommy/Daughter American Girl Place LA 1/11{Trip report}
*Disneyland (CA) 11/11: 1st Christmas! *Disneyland (CA) 1/13: Carsland!
pinktink83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
mikeeymike

I thought their website was a mess too but so far, they are the only shuttle company that I can find that will provide car seats for babies/toddlers... but they never replied back to my email.

I too don't want to bring car seats for my 6 month old and 2 yr old and DL express is a good option for us going to the hotel from LAX. But our return flight is at 07:25 am and DL Express doesn't operate early enough for us to catch it to get back to LAX.

So I am resigned to have to bring my car seats for my kids....unless anyone else has any other ideas?

Old 08-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #10
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

We travel with our car seat, so I just thought I'd mention a thing called a pacback--I got ours on onestepahead.com, it turns your carseat (or highback booster) into a backpack, and it is super comfortable to wear. My first one lasted 3 years and about 20 flights--my kiddo sits in her carseat on the plane (or at least did till we switched to a highback booster, which isn't approved, so now I wear it to the gate and gate-check it.) Before the pacback I had purchased all kinds of rolly-bag things for the carseat and hated all of them...

Anyhow, if you can't find an alternative, that is my suggestion, at least make it easier on you to carry the carseat through the airports!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #11
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post

- Dreams
Agreed. When I was planning my wedding, any vendor that had a site that was horrid was marked off my list. I would prefer NO website to a mess of a website. They are doing themselves NO favors with that site.

OP, even if they provided a carseat, who knows its history, and who knows if it would work for the 2 year old?

It'll be good to have the carseats on the plane anyway, to keep the kidlets in place (if you've opted to have the baby as a lap child you can gate check that seat, and then use the 2 year old's seat for the 2 year old).

Although SuperShuttle can be frightening (let's face it...for those not from southern CA, any amount of driving down there can be frightening), they've done a good job for me, and they've been kind and easy about the time needed to install and, hmm, de-install?, DS's seat.

I've used both SS and D Express...both have good parts both have bad parts...I would likely use either of them again.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #12
CaseyK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeymike View Post
I thought their website was a mess too but so far, they are the only shuttle company that I can find that will provide car seats for babies/toddlers... but they never replied back to my email.

I too don't want to bring car seats for my 6 month old and 2 yr old and DL express is a good option for us going to the hotel from LAX. But our return flight is at 07:25 am and DL Express doesn't operate early enough for us to catch it to get back to LAX.

So I am resigned to have to bring my car seats for my kids....unless anyone else has any other ideas?
Are you flying out of YVR or somewhere else? I just noticed we're both from BC. I'm not doing the car seats because we are flying out of Bellingham and don't want to pay to have them checked. I know if you're flying Westjet, Air Canada, or Alaska, you usually get one item (carseat/ stroller) checked free. If that's the case (and I know this is a pain) I would bring the carseats and go with SuperShuttle. If you have your stroller right after you get off the plane, it might be okay. We were in the same position as you and I was just going to bring the seats until Allegiant changed the flight time and now we can make it to LAX on the Disneyland Express.

While in my search I found these guys;

http://www.laxairportshuttle.com/index.htm

Good luck!

Casey
CaseyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #13
maelstrom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeymike View Post
But our return flight is at 07:25 am and DL Express doesn't operate early enough for us to catch it to get back to LAX.
We're having the same problem. We're taking the Disneyland Express from LAX to the Grand Californian, but we have no idea how we're going to get back to LAX when it's time to leave. Anyone have any suggestions?

Next Trip: May 2013 at Port Orleans French Quarter

Got Married! October 1, 2011 in Atlantic City!
maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #14
mikeeymike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyK View Post
Are you flying out of YVR or somewhere else?

Casey
Yes, we fly out of YKA, via YVR and YYC on our way to LAX... we wanted to get to LAX at a half-decent time - we arrive at 2 pm.

Yes Air Canada and they allow infants (whether they are paid seats or sitting on the parents lap) one checked piece of baggage, one carry on piece of luggae, one stroller to be checked at the gate and one car seat to be checked. But I still don't want to carry all the stuff if I didn't have to.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #15
Ariel224
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyK View Post
Are you flying out of YVR or somewhere else? I just noticed we're both from BC. I'm not doing the car seats because we are flying out of Bellingham and don't want to pay to have them checked. I know if you're flying Westjet, Air Canada, or Alaska, you usually get one item (carseat/ stroller) checked free. If that's the case (and I know this is a pain) I would bring the carseats and go with SuperShuttle. If you have your stroller right after you get off the plane, it might be okay. We were in the same position as you and I was just going to bring the seats until Allegiant changed the flight time and now we can make it to LAX on the Disneyland Express.

While in my search I found these guys;

http://www.laxairportshuttle.com/index.htm

Good luck!

Casey
Car seats typically do not count towards your bag check limits or incur a baggage fee. Check with your airline for their policies.

Disneyland November 2-5, 2009; November 11-21, 2010; November 7-11, 2011
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean November 10-17, 2012
Ariel224 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: