Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West > Las Vegas
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #16
MichaelColey
Mouseketeer

I just did the Buffet of Buffets earlier this week. It's $47.99 plus tax now (for TR members) and (as mentioned) a $15 surcharge on Bacchanal and the Rio seafood buffet.

To get the most value, you definitely want to start with a late dinner, then do breakfast, lunch and an early dinner the next day.

I planned on hitting 6 of the 8 (doing TWO dinner buffets both nights), but ended up only making it to 5. I was too stuffed.

Flavors (Harrahs) was my least favorite. Blah.
Paradise Garden (Flamingo) wasn't much better.
Spice Market (Planet Hollywood) was good.
Bacchanal (Caesar's) was phenomenal, WELL WORTH the extra $15. So much great food.
Le Village Buffet (Paris) is awesome for breakfast.

Next time, I hope to hit Carnival World Buffet one night. I have no intention of doing Emperor's Buffet (The Quad) or the Seafood buffet (Rio).
Our Disney Trips: WDW: Sep'07 (9d-ASMo), Sep'08 (14d-ASMo), Sep'09 (14d-ASMo), Sep'10 (13d-Royal Palms, Houses at Summer Bay), Dec'10 (7d-Wyndham Bonnet Creek), Feb'11 (7d-BCV), Mar'11 (20d-WBC,SSR,VWL), May'11 (7d-AKV), Aug'11 (27d-OKW,BWV,VWL,OKW), Apr'13 (14d?-BLT?,?)
DL: Feb'09 (3d), Mar'09 (5d), May'09 (3d), Oct'09 (5d), Apr'12 (7d-VGC), Aug'12 (7d-Dolphin's Cove), Feb'13 (14d-Newport Coast) - DLP: Jan'10 (4d), Mar'13 (7d-MVF)
MichaelColey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
I just did the Buffet of Buffets earlier this week. It's $47.99 plus tax now (for TR members) and (as mentioned) a $15 surcharge on Bacchanal and the Rio seafood buffet.

To get the most value, you definitely want to start with a late dinner, then do breakfast, lunch and an early dinner the next day.

I planned on hitting 6 of the 8 (doing TWO dinner buffets both nights), but ended up only making it to 5. I was too stuffed.

Bacchanal (Caesar's) was phenomenal, WELL WORTH the extra $15. So much great food.

Next time, I hope to hit Carnival World Buffet one night. I have no intention of doing Emperor's Buffet (The Quad) or the Seafood buffet (Rio).
Carnival World actually has snow crab legs. I think the Rio seafood buffet has lobster tails and oysters on the half shell. I don't believe you can actually pile on the lobster tails though. I think you get one or twp at a time and they probably make you go back to your table and then wait in line if you want more. Also - the regular price for the seafood buffet is maybe $5 more than the Carnival World buffet. I'm not sure why they upcharge $15 other than they want to discourage people from doing it as part of the 24 hour buffet cycle.

Also - the adult price is $52.99 if you start on a weekend or certain holidays. The single buffet prices are maybe $1 to $2 more on weekends/holidays.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #18
MichaelColey
Mouseketeer

I went again a few weeks later, and the prices had gone up. I think it was $49.99, and Bacchanal had quite a bit higher of a surcharge than before ($25 I think?), which they didn't disclose until I was at Bacchanal. Ridiculous. The lines were awful at Bacchanal. Over an hour to pay, then 20 minutes each time you went through the meat/seafood lines. It wasn't like that the first time I went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post

Our Disney Trips: WDW: Sep'07 (9d-ASMo), Sep'08 (14d-ASMo), Sep'09 (14d-ASMo), Sep'10 (13d-Royal Palms, Houses at Summer Bay), Dec'10 (7d-Wyndham Bonnet Creek), Feb'11 (7d-BCV), Mar'11 (20d-WBC,SSR,VWL), May'11 (7d-AKV), Aug'11 (27d-OKW,BWV,VWL,OKW), Apr'13 (14d?-BLT?,?)
DL: Feb'09 (3d), Mar'09 (5d), May'09 (3d), Oct'09 (5d), Apr'12 (7d-VGC), Aug'12 (7d-Dolphin's Cove), Feb'13 (14d-Newport Coast) - DLP: Jan'10 (4d), Mar'13 (7d-MVF)
MichaelColey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: