Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #61
Button
A princess waiting for Cinders to ship on out of that castle.

Daft Question

Apologies for the stupid question....does the flask come with standard cap or do you have to buy separately?

Anyone heard how much shipping to UK is?

Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #62
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

All flasks come with the standard cap. Sorry - don't know about shipping to UK. In US if your order is over $50 then shipping is free.

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:45 PM   #63
DebbieT11
Waiting to go back......
Wait. Isn't that the *marines*????

ordered 6 a couple weeks ago.... caught a GREAT sale. We got a mixture of the small and wide mouth sizes, don't really prefer either one, they're both great. TheBigGuy prefers the stainless steel one without paint....takes it in the helicopters with him and appreciates its minimalistic look or some such... me? I love the zen green, it makes me smile.

Gave one to my best friend to take on an extended motorcycle trip next week, he's been experimenting with hot/cold beverages, and he's really loving this bottle!

Props to the DIS for mentioning this company, otherwise, they'd be lost in the advertising "noise".
Old 08-28-2010, 12:16 AM   #64
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad

Smile

Of course my "flask" came in the mail a week ago and I see this thread this week!!! Oh well, I still have my Hdro Flask and love it!!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #65
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprincesswannabe View Post
I ordered mine yesterday and got notification that they had been shipped the same day! Give it up for the DIScount, free shipping AND the donation to GKTW!

Hoping to get them in time for DD's first school lunch.
Is the free shipping still available? If so, please remind me of the code. I can hardly wait to try these out!
Old 08-28-2010, 05:37 AM   #66
ukwildcat
Will always bleed blue. GO CATS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post
Is the free shipping still available? If so, please remind me of the code. I can hardly wait to try these out!
The code (DIS) gives you 10% off your order. You get free shipping if your total order is over $50.00.

Numerous Off-Site Trips as a Child to Disneyland/WDW March 1999 - Off-Site Marriot Orlando World Center March 2000 - Coronado Springs (engagement trip) August 2000 - Dixie Landings March 2005 - Coronado Springs May 2005 - Carribean Beach May 2005 - Shades of Green June 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2005 - Wilderness Lodge November 2005 - Yacht Club April 2006 - POR June 2006 - Polynesian July 2006 - Yacht Club August 2006 - All Star Sports September 2006 - Wilderness LodgeJuly 2007 - Yacht ClubAugust 2007 - Beach Club VillasOctober 2007 - Saratoga Springs/Beach Club VillasDecember 2007 - Polynesian

Me DW DS DD
ukwildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #67
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Just got my two in the mail today! Will be trying it out tomorrow. Also went in and did the donate to Give Kids The World!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #68
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Ok, so are these REALLY that far superior to the aluminum water bottles sold by virtually everyone today... for example, I got a Disney Earth day one I use at work for $5 after Earth day (LGM Baby!)... are these that far superior that they are worth the additional cost? If yes, what about them makes them so much better than the basic ones (such as my Disney one) that are sold by everyone nowadays.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #69
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Yes! They are BEYOND any other water bottle you could ever use. I just got home from school shopping at the mall and my water still has ice in it from this morning (I got a small one to keep in my purse when out and about).

Bottom line:

Cold liquids stay cold for 24 hours
Hot liquids stay hot for 12 hours
Doesn't sweat!

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #70
vwlfan
Mouseketeer

sports cap for 18 oz?

Are these available? I don't see any sports cap on their web site.
vwlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #71
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Has anyone tried to use the top from a cheapo water bottle? If the thread pattern and bottle neck are a standard size, it might be a quick fix until the bottle caps come back in stock?
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #72
Annette_VA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yitbos96bb View Post
Ok, so are these REALLY that far superior to the aluminum water bottles sold by virtually everyone today... for example, I got a Disney Earth day one I use at work for $5 after Earth day (LGM Baby!)... are these that far superior that they are worth the additional cost? If yes, what about them makes them so much better than the basic ones (such as my Disney one) that are sold by everyone nowadays.
My favorite thing about them is that they don't sweat. No condensation on the outside of the bottle makes them totally worth the extra cost.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #73
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Frog View Post
Has anyone tried to use the top from a cheapo water bottle? If the thread pattern and bottle neck are a standard size, it might be a quick fix until the bottle caps come back in stock?
I tried the sports cap from my brother's L.L. Bean aluminum bottle and it fit perfectly. I was curious and wanted to check it out. I have the wide mouth bottle.

Funny story....my brother loved my Hydroflask so much, he threatened to take it when he left. I told him about the DIScount and told him to order is own.

We all went to the beach for the day and my water stayed ice cold all day!!! LOVE IT!!!

Last edited by DVCJones; 08-30-2010 at 08:18 PM.
DVCJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #74
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
My tried the sports cap from my brother's L.L. Bean aluminum bottle and it fit perfectly. I was curious and wanted to check it out. I have the wide mouth bottle.
Now, the quest is on to find the cheapest wide-mouth aluminum bottle, from which I can cannibalize the sports cap!
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #75
mainegal
I am becoming very good at making crushed ice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post

Bottom line:

Cold liquids stay cold for 24 hours
Hot liquids stay hot for 12 hours
Doesn't sweat!

Don't forget, a Themos bottle (double walled insulated) does the exact same thing.

You will need to make your own GKTW donation.

(just a friendly reminder that Hydroflask is not the only or the first to make such a bottle. )
mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: