Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

21 day dining plan tour - day 5 - Epcot & Yachtsman steakhouse

DAY 5 - EPCOT - Yachtman Steakhouse

I woke early today and had a few minutes on the net. Loews had in their wisdom, sent me a customer survey to complete. To put it politely, I gave them both barrels, and I also sent a copy direct to RPR customer service. The weather outside was heavy rain, which spoiled our plans since we had Typhoon Lagoon on our timetable for today. Instead we decided to go to EPCOT.

It was still raining when we got out of the car, but not so heavily. A tip here, which I found by accident. The bag check to the right of the entrance (where you exit the monorail) is usually far smaller than the one leading up to the main turnstiles. Once inside, we got 3 fast passes for Soarin’ and then had an Adult breakfast platter in Seasons.

We decided to have another look at Captain EO, since it was early 90’s since we had last seen this. I didn’t really understand the plot, but Michael Jackson danced alot!.
Our fast passes were now ready, so we made our way to Soarin’. We managed to ride the front row, which I prefer, rather than having legs dangling in front of you. Next we move over to Innoventions, where I managed to connect to some free wifi on my iPhone. (This is near to the IBM sponsored area).
It was here that I received an email from RPR customer service, apologising for not hitting the target and were crediting my account $50.
Mouse Gear was the next stop, so the $50 profit soon disappeared. We then did a first for EPCOT, which was Ellens Energy Adventure. For those of you who have not done this (since it is tucked out of the way) I would recommend it. It had stopped raining now and the sun was quite fierce, so we had a waffle cone ice cream and coke float in Fountain View, too cool down.
We left the park soon after, and had a couple of hours in the hotel small pool. Tonight we had an ADR at Yachtsman Steakhouse at 19:00. This was costing 2 TS credits, so I was expecting alot. We arrived at the check-in at 18:55 and was told our table was being prepared. 19:15 – 19:20 – 19:25 still no call yet. I went back to the check-in desk to enquire, when the pager bleeped, 30 minutes after our reservation time. We were seated and ordered drinks together with our food.
Nigel: New York Strip with Peppercorn Sauce + Bud Light + Coke + Ice cream
Sue: New York Strip with Peppercorn Sauce + SunKissed Cocktail + Coke + Crème Brule
Emma: Filet Mignon with mash + Pistachio Ice Cream + Coke

30 minutes later, still no food, 45 minutes still waiting, 50 minutes and Nigel is starting to get annoyed. In the meantime, the waitress kept saying ‘ your meal is next to be served’
I had decided that if it had not arrived by 20:30 (an hour after sitting down) I would be advising the manager, that I was leaving.
I think it is called Murphy’s law or something like that, but the food arrived at 20:28. I gave the poor server a glare that burned hole through him. Talk about wrong timing, but the waitress then came to the table to see if all was well. You can guess what happened next. I gave her the most polite rocket that she had ever had. Very soon, the Manager came over and asked the same question. He could see that I was irate and as the restaurant was full, I think he feared that I was going to kick off. However in a dignified manner, I firmly explained that the service was totally unacceptable, considering that this was a 2 credit meal and this was the kind of service I would expect from McDonalds. He asked what he could do, and I said nothing, since the evening had been completely ruined. At this point he informed me that he would be taking care of the drinks bill
We left at around 10 O’clock and decided to call it a day, since we had an early start for tomorrow.

RETURN TO TRIP INDEX

Last edited by DISWolves; 02-14-2013 at 10:57 AM.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
suzycute
DIS Veteran

Really sorry to hear about the very poor service at the Yachtsman - I would have been mad too
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
cazzie
DIS Veteran

Good day but a shame about your meal at the Yatchsman, I often wonder if the service is not as good if you are on the DP.
April 2005 - Rodeway Inn International - September 2005 - Radisson Barcelo International Drive - May 2006 - Pop Century - September 2006 - All Star Music - January 2007 - All Star Movies September 2007 - All Star Movies - January 2008 - All Star Sports - December 2008 - All Star Movies - September 2009 - POFQ - September 2010 - OKW - January 2011 - OKW - November 2011 - OKW, GF & AKL - May 2012 - Kidani, OKW - January 2013 - OKW & Kidani
cazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Oh wow, sorry to hear your day didn't go quite as planned! Shame about the food also, it's good you complained though, it's the only way they'll learn!
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
cannp123165
Very Quizzical

Sorry to hear about the meal, although looks like you had fun at Epcot.
DLR: 2009
DCL: August 2011 (Med)
cannp123165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Shame about yachtsman service - food looked good though

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
DISWolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzie View Post
Good day but a shame about your meal at the Yatchsman, I often wonder if the service is not as good if you are on the DP.
I think you are right about thiis. I have noticed tables nearby not on DDP do not seemto be so rushed onto the next course.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #8
jamjar84
DIS Veteran

What a shame about the Yachtsman.

I've never done Ellen, as it did seem to be out of the way, and the description on the maps wasn't that appealing. It's definetily on my to do list now though, as so many people have enjoyed it.
jamjar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #9
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

great day at epcot- we love ellen's adventure -such a shame about your meaal out- there is no going back once the evening is ruined.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #10
DISWolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
great day at epcot- we love ellen's adventure -such a shame about your meaal out- there is no going back once the evening is ruined.
Wayne went last night and had a super evening. I guess it was a blip, since I have heard a lot of good reports. The food was good it was just the service was unacceptable. We are at Cali Grill tomorrow, so fingers crossed
Old 08-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #11
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Shame you had a bad experience nigel.I have heard good reports about this. Puddings look lovely though.Also a little worried you didnt enjoy RPR:scared1 I am suppose to be staying there is 5 weeks Im worried now. Glad you like universe of energy.Always do this as DD loves dinosaurs.Really good and is never busy. Hope tomorrow is a good one although I think im writing after it happened.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #12
DISWolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
Shame you had a bad experience nigel.I have heard good reports about this. Puddings look lovely though.Also a little worried you didnt enjoy RPR:scared1 I am suppose to be staying there is 5 weeks Im worried now. Glad you like universe of energy.Always do this as DD loves dinosaurs.Really good and is never busy. Hope tomorrow is a good one although I think im writing after it happened.
Believe me 1bad experience does not mean it's bad. go for it and make your own mind up. I am sure you will enjoy. make sure you let us all know
The reponse from RPR means that they felt it as well. I will certainly give them another try
Old 08-17-2010, 03:35 AM   #13
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Great day at my favorite park..Epcot, shame about the service for the meal, but the food looks lovely

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:50 AM   #14
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

good day there, its a shame you were let down at your meal.xx
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge@Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday@Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #15
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Great pics shame about the meal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: