Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
deb24k
Earning My Ears

Swagbucks-Disney Store Gift Card?

If I used swagbucks to get a Disney online shopping gift card can I then purchase a regular Disney gift card from the site with it so that I could apply it to a vacation package? I hope that makes sense.
deb24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb24k View Post
If I used swagbucks to get a Disney online shopping gift card can I then purchase a regular Disney gift card from the site with it so that I could apply it to a vacation package? I hope that makes sense.
From what I have seen-no. From the website:

"With this on-line e-Gift card you will receive $25 toward any purchase at disneyshopping.com, Disney's official on-line merchandise store (for complete terms of use of this card, and what it can be used for, check out their terms of use at disneyshopping.com)!"
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
deb24k
Earning My Ears

Thank you. I saw that, but then went to DisneyShopping.com where you can purchase regular gift cards and was wondering whether I could use the online gift card to purchase a regular gift card?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb24k View Post
Thank you. I saw that, but then went to DisneyShopping.com where you can purchase regular gift cards and was wondering whether I could use the online gift card to purchase a regular gift card?
From the Disney shopping site:
Can I use Disney Dollars or the Disney Rewards Card to purchase the Disney Gift Card?
Yes, Disney Dollars and the Disney Rewards Card can be used to purchase the Disney Gift Card at most locations. However, Disney Dollars and Disney Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase a Gift Card online at DisneyStore.com at this time.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
deb24k
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! Not sure whether I'll give it a try or not. I really do not need to purchase any other gifts or merchandise from the store.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I do it for the amazon gift cards. Thats the best deal of gift there
Why do you consider it the best deal? How do you use the gift card? Do you buy stuff from Amazon or giftcards from Amazon? Sorry to be nosey just trying to understand they best way to use my swagbucks. I just started last week and am still trying to understand the site.
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #9
richmond282
Trumpet players don't have egos, we're just better than you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
Why do you consider it the best deal? How do you use the gift card? Do you buy stuff from Amazon or giftcards from Amazon? Sorry to be nosey just trying to understand they best way to use my swagbucks. I just started last week and am still trying to understand the site.
Well, for one they are stackable and don't expire. You just put in the code sent to you and Amazon stores it in your account until you use it. I currently have $255 that I have earned from swagbucks and mypoints. I'm saving up for an ipod touch for DH for Christmas. You can get "cheaper" gift cards, but most are not stackable or for merchandise I want/ need. You can buy just about anything on Amazon so no prob there!
richmond282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #10
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
The $5 amazon e-cards are the best deal on swagbucks. You can get 5 of the for less swagbucks than a $25 one cost.

I would like how so many people earn a $5 one each week though. It takes me about 2-3 weeks to earn $5. And I search 3 times a day.

Last edited by jenseib; 08-16-2010 at 03:53 PM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
richmond282
Trumpet players don't have egos, we're just better than you...

Quote:
The $5 amazon e-cards are the best deal on swagbucks. You can get 5 of the for less swagbucks than a $25 one cost.

I would like how so many people earn a $5 one each week though. It takes me about 2-3 weeks to earn $5. And I search 3 times a day.
Referrals and special offers for the most part.
richmond282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #12
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

I just tried today and it's a no go. I even called to see since I couldn't do it on the website. Boo.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #13
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
I just tried today and it's a no go. I even called to see since I couldn't do it on the website. Boo.
Whats a no go?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #14
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Whats a no go?

Not allowed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: