Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
pepperderr
DIS Veteran

Question Water Bottle Carrier??

I have a rubbermaid water bottle that I use a LOT. It comes with a purple insulated case for the bottle and it has a shoulder strap on it and a place to put an ice pack. I used to use it at work when I worked 10 hour days and it kept my water cold the whole time. I was looking for something simular to that for my boys now. I guess they don't sell them anymore. Mine is at least 10 years old I think. We went to a family reunion today and they kept asking me to hold their bottles of water beause they didn't want to. I thought maybe if they had a case like mine it wouldn't be an issue. I am also thinking for Disney next year. We won't have a stroller to hold water bottles so we will each have to carry our own. I have seen the kind that just has a ring that you put over the neck of the water bottle but I want a case you actually put it in and maybe one that can fit different sized bottles. I like refillable bottles and not expensive bottles of water. There is one on sale on ebay that is a disney animal kingdom one. That is what made me think to ask you all here. How do you carry your bottles and keep them cold?

pepperderr
pepperderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
Astro Orbiter
Mouseketeer

I think everyone's got their personal 'style' when it comes to toting their water. My husband loves the rubber ring on a carabeener, which he clips to his beltloop. My daughter loves lanyards that she can loop over her shoulder or chest. I like a wrist strap. We also have to outside pockets on our backpack that we often use.

I found a lot of options this time last year, when all of the summer stuff went on clearance - got some great deals at the grocery store.

I also have to say that in WDW I prefer to tote room-temp water, not chilled water, because of the condensation.

me , DH , DD7

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]WDW - 2006-2008 - AP holders - multiple resorts/trips
Astro Orbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Lynn_A
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Orbiter View Post
I also have to say that in WDW I prefer to tote room-temp water, not chilled water, because of the condensation.
Nothing like getting soaked with condensation from a chilled bottle, is there? It didn't take me long to realize tap water was the way to go.
Lynn_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
pepperderr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_A View Post
Nothing like getting soaked with condensation from a chilled bottle, is there? It didn't take me long to realize tap water was the way to go.
That's why I like the carrier too.

pepperderr
Old 08-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
cglaura
I still love the smell of Love's Baby Soft

Someone posted this awhile back. I haven't personally used it, but plan on one for my December trip.

http://cruisingcaddy.com/crusing-caddy.htm

Not sure of the boys age, but the style looks like it could grow with them for years of use.

The hardest thing about having a plant-based only lifestyle is waking up at 5am to milk the almonds

************************************************** ****************************************

The pessimist complains about the wind... The optimist expects it to change... The realist adjusts the sails.

************************************************** ****************************************

A clever person turns great troubles into little ones... and little ones into none at all.

cglaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

I was looking for water bottle carriers yesterday. Then I stumbled on these and decided to go with them instead. I think they will be great for the parks!
http://www.amazon.com/Vapur-16-BPA-F...2057153&sr=8-1
Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
pepperderr
DIS Veteran

That cruising caddy looks perfect. I think I will order one and give it to my mom for Christmas since she will be going with us next year. She takes a water bottle to chruch too so maybe she can use something like that for then too. I am also going to order the red one because the red and black together just sorta reminds me of Mickey Mouse. Thanks!

pepperderr
Old 09-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #8
princessfionasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepete View Post
I was looking for water bottle carriers yesterday. Then I stumbled on these and decided to go with them instead. I think they will be great for the parks!
http://www.amazon.com/Vapur-16-BPA-F...2057153&sr=8-1
These look awesome, thanks for posting. I'm going to order them for my family.
2/02 ASSp - 5/03 offsite -5/04 Pop - 9/04 DCL - 5/06 Pop - 3/07 SOG - 12/08 SSR/POP - 10/09 BLT/OKW - 06/10 BWV/BLT 01/11 BLT - 1/2 Marathon 09/12 celebrate DH's recovery from BMT & 15 yr wedding anniversary! 05/13 Expedition Everest 5k w/DS 10/13 GFV Adult only W&D
princessfionasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #9
riley2008
DIS Veteran

Walgreens

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperderr View Post
I have a rubbermaid water bottle that I use a LOT. It comes with a purple insulated case for the bottle and it has a shoulder strap on it and a place to put an ice pack. I used to use it at work when I worked 10 hour days and it kept my water cold the whole time. I was looking for something simular to that for my boys now. I guess they don't sell them anymore. Mine is at least 10 years old I think. We went to a family reunion today and they kept asking me to hold their bottles of water beause they didn't want to. I thought maybe if they had a case like mine it wouldn't be an issue. I am also thinking for Disney next year. We won't have a stroller to hold water bottles so we will each have to carry our own. I have seen the kind that just has a ring that you put over the neck of the water bottle but I want a case you actually put it in and maybe one that can fit different sized bottles. I like refillable bottles and not expensive bottles of water. There is one on sale on ebay that is a disney animal kingdom one. That is what made me think to ask you all here. How do you carry your bottles and keep them cold?

pepperderr
We got ours at Target last year for about $5. It even had a zippered pocket on the side - big enough for a pocket camera or change purse.

First trip to WDW - August '08 ASM family suite
Wilderness Lodge July '09
(wondering when we'll get to go again!)
DCL, Magic from Galveston 9/2012
riley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: