Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #226
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1PoohBearFan View Post
Hi! I have a question.
How do you do the links to the separate chapters? I cant seem to figure it out!
PoohBearFan!

-Click on the number of the post you want to link (top right corner). It will open just the post in another window.
-Copy the address of the page.
-Click to edit your table of content
-In your table of content highlight the name of the chapter you want to link
-Click on the the "Insert Link" icon (earth with chain link)
-Paste the address of your post.
-If you want your link to be in color just highlight the name of your chapter again, and choose the color.

Hope that helps! If it's not clear enough just ask another question.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #227
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
PoohBearFan!

-Click on the number of the post you want to link (top right corner). It will open just the post in another window.
-If you want your link to be in color just highlight the name of your chapter again, and choose the color.

How do you get it to show the name of the post as opposed to just the link?
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #228
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
PoohBearFan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
How do you get it to show the name of the post as opposed to just the link?
I've bolded the part to do that.

Basically, in the table of content I'll write (for example)
Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

Then I'll highlight that (Day 2 - Magic Kingdom) as if I wanted to copy it, but I won't.

While it's highlighted, I'll click on the "insert link" icon, and paste the address of the post I want to link. So it will now look like:
[ URL="http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41467161&postcount=226"]
Day 2 - Magic Kingdom[/URL ]

without the space.

Then if I want to have my link show up in a different color, I'll highlight this again (in bold here)
Day 2 - Magic Kingdom[/URL ]

then click on the color I want. So now it'll look:
[COLOR=" Red"]Day 2 - Magic Kingdom[/COLOR ][/URL ]

again without the spaces.

Does it make sense? I always have a hard time explaining computer stuff.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #231
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Woot! totally worked! Thanks!
Yay!! I'm glad it worked!

Haha, I went to look at how you did it and saw that you mentioned me. You're welcome!

I've done about a third of my report cards and I still have one week left to do them, so at least I'm way ahead of how I usually am. I've been known to finish them at midnight the Sunday evening.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #232
#1PoohBearFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
PoohBearFan!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Great PTR, btw

No ticker
FW-Mar98(wasn't born yet)FW-Dec00Hilton-Sep02WL-Oct03Hilton-Aug/Sep04BC-Aug/Sep05CSR-Nov06Hilton-Aug07ASSports-Aug08POR-May09Hilton-Aug10POP-Nov10Hilton+WL-Aug11CBR-Jan12ASMu-Mar12POP-Jun12POFQ-Dec12
I LOVE Pooh Bear!<3
#1PoohBearFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #233
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I finished my report cards!!!!! So I just wrote another update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1PoohBearFan View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Great PTR, btw
You're welcome, and thanks.

Last edited by ronnmel; 06-18-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #234
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Paradise does exist, I got married there!

Wedding Day (part 5) - Wedding Dinner

Day 5 continued - Wednesday May 4th

After our wedding ceremony and some time at the pool, we came back to the room to nap. After the nap, it was evident that my hair was not holding up very well, so I had to improvise. I called DCous, but got no answer so I called my MOH who helped me figure out something. We took away all the pins, then swooped my hair to one side. Once we got to the dinner I finally found DCous and she helped secure the hair a bit tighter. Also, before the wedding I couldn't decide what color necklace I wanted to wear, so I wore the pink for the ceremony, and turquoise for the evening.

Unfortunately, I was still feeling not so good. As we were standing there having our picture taken with lots of our guests, the nausea was become more and more insistent.

We took our seat, and that seemed to help a bit. The pictures continued, as everyone wanted a photo with us.

The restaurant was situated near the quiet pool where we spent our afternoon. The building is used as a snack bar during the day, and the Steakhouse at night. We had a head table for the two of us, then two long tables of 14 people each. As you may notice, there were some people on the other side of that thing used for the buffet in the middle. But though we didn't have the restaurant all to ourselves, there really weren't that many guests there and it was pretty private.

There was a sound system set up for us to play our music. Ron had put together a CD of love songs as background music. We also had a few salsa songs too, so when one came on a friend of Ron came and asked me to dance. I was still queasy so I asked him not to twirl me too much.

Bizarrely, I felt better after the dance! But it didn't last long. Basically all night I would feel worse and worse, until suddenly it got out as a "burp" (sorry if this is TMI) and then I would feel better. Then the cycle would start up again. I barely touched my food, but the steak was un-cuttable anyway.

Most people had the lobster, which I've been told was good.

At some point we said our Thank You speech.

Here's the short version of what happened during dinner.
His two best friends gave a speech.

And so did my brother.

We had our first dance.

Put our salsa lessons to good use.

We kissed a lot.

And finally it was time to cut the cake.

Ron imitated Stitch.

Besides the cake, we also had a delicious chocolate brownie. The desserts were the only thing I was able to eat all night. I would've ate the bread too, but it was stale (as it was often the case in all week in Cuba).

*A little side story. Before we left for Cuba my brother had asked me permission to re-propose to his girlfriend (they had sort of been engaged for years but never really officially). I had said yes, as long as it was after the wedding. Towards the end of the wedding dinner I see Ron and my brother chatting by the pool so I join them. Turns out my brother was not so sure about the proposal anymore as his girlfriend was giving him mixed signals, sometimes saying that marriage was not really her thing, other times asking him when they were going to get married. I was pretty sure she was just trying to convince herself in case it never happened, but he wanted to wait some more. Well, they got engaged last week! They went up North to a little touristic town called Mont-Tremblant and he proposed while waking at night around a lake. And just tonight he texted me saying they bought the rings. I'm very happy for them!

When it got close to 10:30pm the staff gently kicked us out. Was it the end of the night for us?

Last edited by ronnmel; 07-10-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #235
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

That totally stinks that you weren't feeling well that night! I get nausea sometimes and it's so frustrating, it makes me just want to cry! I can't imagine having it during such an important time! Your dress, by the way, is just perfect for you and you look great in all the pictures, even if you didn't feel so good!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #236
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
That totally stinks that you weren't feeling well that night! I get nausea sometimes and it's so frustrating, it makes me just want to cry! I can't imagine having it during such an important time! Your dress, by the way, is just perfect for you and you look great in all the pictures, even if you didn't feel so good!
Nausea sucks, doesn't it? I get it sometimes too, so I'm used to trying to deal with it and go on with my day. I'm glad it doesn't show in the pictures!

On a somewhat related note, I don't remember if I mentioned it but I bought my dress over a year before the wedding and then went on to gain close to 15 pounds. Luckily the dress still fit, but barely. It was VERY tight around my rib cage, as you can see in this picture (from the photoshoot with my mom, for which I just received the pictures yesterday! I'll post them after the TR is done).

Well I dealt with it all day, but that evening, with the nausea, I couldn't take it anymore! I undid the little button and pulled the zipper down a little. When DCous saw me she ran top zip it back up, but I told her no way, I can't breath anymore!

It seems to be relatively well hidden in all my pictures though.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:55 PM   #237
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Today is a big day for two very important reasons:

1. It was the last day of school for my students. I still have to go back next week for 3 days, but I'm done teaching for the year. I should be excited, or sad, or both, yet I feel nothing. It's like my brain has not registered that it's over, it feels like it's just a long weekend and Monday I'll be teaching again. Weird.

2. We are now officially closer to our Disneymoon than our wedding.
I've been trying to figure out how all the changes of the crowd calendar and the added Fantasmic shows have affected my schedule. Basically almost everything I had planned is wrong except for my last day in Epcot. So I'll be adjusting my plans soon, and trying to rebook new ADRs.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #238
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Quote:
Today is a big day for two very important reasons:

1. It was the last day of school for my students. I still have to go back next week for 3 days, but I'm done teaching for the year. I should be excited, or sad, or both, yet I feel nothing. It's like my brain has not registered that it's over, it feels like it's just a long weekend and Monday I'll be teaching again. Weird.

2. We are now officially closer to our Disneymoon than our wedding.
I've been trying to figure out how all the changes of the crowd calendar and the added Fantasmic shows have affected my schedule. Basically almost everything I had planned is wrong except for my last day in Epcot. So I'll be adjusting my plans soon, and trying to rebook new ADRs.
wahoo! school is out! idk what i would do with that much time off! that is lovely!

Great wedding dinner update..although so sorry you felt ill that woulda bummed me out too!

You look great if it makes you feel any better
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #239
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
wahoo! school is out! idk what i would do with that much time off! that is lovely!

Great wedding dinner update..although so sorry you felt ill that woulda bummed me out too!

You look great if it makes you feel any better
Thanks! Glad to know I was able to "hide" that I was feeling queasy and managed to look good.

Oh, I know what I will be doing with my time. Planning, and replanning our Disney days. Ideally, I also want to do LOTS of cleaning and organizing (we've kinda let it go for way too long now...), and better plan my next teaching year so that I have stuff already prepared at the end of August.

But that is boring and not what concerns us now. I've already started thinking about our Disneymoon by readjusting our schedule due to all the changes in the crowd calendar.

New Schedule

Here's a refresher of what I had previously planned, back when our trip was shorter:
Quote:
So here's what I have so far:
Wed Aug 10 - Land around noon. Either stay at POP to enjoy the pool, go to DTD, or visit MK for a few hours.
Thu Aug 11 - AK all day, DTD at night
Fri Aug 12 - HS all day, then visit Boardwalk area after. Possibly play Minigolf at Fantasia
Sat Aug 13 - Epcot all day. Focus all of Future World (rides and Innoventions)
Sun Aug 14 - Water park during the day, not necessarily for rope drop. DTD at night. We'd like to try SIN night at House of Blues, anybody ever heard anythign good about it?
Mon Aug 15 - MK all day, but will sleep in and won't make it to rope drop.
Tue Aug 16 - Sleep in again, then head to AKL (probably taking a cab) to have a late breakfast at Boma. Will either rest all day, or revisit AK for a few hours.
Wed Aug 17 - Epcot all day. Focus on World Showcase (including Kim Possible and drinking around the world. We think combining those two should make it even more fun )
Thu Aug 18 and Fri Aug 19 - One of them will be the other water park day, and the other ?. Possibly going back to HS for a few hours. We *might* make it to MK after the water park for evening EMH.
Sat Aug 20 - MK all day, including rope drop. Our last full day.
Sun Aug 21 - Will probably have to catch ME around 9-10am, so no parks.
Then when we added 3 days and our plans changed a little, but I forgot to include that new schedule in this PTR. As it were, we were only going to 3 "best days", 1 "park to avoid", most of the days had pretty high crowds (for that time of year), and our first break was kinda far into the trip. It used to have more "Best Days", before Fantasmic was extended to being presented everyday.

Tonight I played with the crowd calendar and made not 1, but 7 new possible schedules. I had a hard time liking any of them, but when I showed them to DH he immediately liked one of the last plan I made.

Here is the new plan. It includes 8 "Best days", no "park to avoid" and a few days of pretty low crowds. Our rest days are also more spread out.

Wed Aug 10 - Land around noon. No park
Thurs Aug 11 - MK with EMH morning, but super low crowd (according to Touring Plan). Neutral day.
Fri Aug 12 - Epcot with EMH morning. Somewhat high crowds. This is our "worst day", but it shouldn't be that bad. Neutral day.
Sat Aug 13 - Rest Day (meaning sleeping in and water park later on)
Sun Aug 14 - MK with EMH evening. Best day.
Mon Aug 15 - Epcot. Best day.
Tues Aug 16 - AK. Best day.
Wed Aug 17 - HS. Best day. Biggest draw back of this plan is that we don't visit HS until 1 week in.
Thurs Aug 18 - Rest/water park day
Fri Aug 19 - AK. Best day.
Sat Aug 20 - MK. Best day.
Sun Aug 21 - Rest/water park day
Mon Aug 22 - Epcot with super low crowds. Best day.
Tues Aug 23 - HS with super low crowds. Best day.
Wed Aug 24 - Departure late morning.

At first we were trying to avoid all EMH, but now we have been able to include some and still manage to keep low crowds or good touring conditions. We can even switch our second rest day with the HS day if we really need a break. The more I think about it, the more I agree with DH that this is the best plan.

I apologize for the lack of pictures. It's kinda hard to make a schedule exciting.

Last edited by ronnmel; 06-23-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #240
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Already rethinking the new schedule

I was surfing the Dis when I came across a thread about refurbs and such. I followed the link, and the page gently reminded me that ITTBAB and Voyage of the Little Mermaid would both be closing a few days in to our trip. With my newest schedule, we would only be visiting Epcot and MK in those first few days. That means we would miss my favorite 3D movie (haven't seen Phillarmagic yet), and what is suppose to be a great show.

So I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out a way to visit at least one of those two parks (AK and HS) earlier in the trip, but all the options I come up with means we sacrifice low crowds and/or good touring conditions for that. And then, again on my surfing of the Dis, I came across another site with a crowd calendar (Easy WDW) and it somewhat contradicts TP. So now I'm even more confused, about at least of my days. UGH!

So let's take a break from Disney planning and go back to Cuba, shall we?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: