Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #211
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Mel, the ceremony looked amazing!!! You were absolutely stunning, and I love the picture of Ron tearing up! Those pictures always get me! I'm secretly hoping Miguel has the same reaction when he sees me walking down the aisle!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:28 PM   #212
WDWCPALUM03
Mouseketeer

I loved reading about your day at BB, thats where I worked for 2 years and it has a very special place in my <3

10/2011 Pop Century The Trip we dicovered Julia's Obsession with Stitch!
11/2012 POP 11 Days of Disney Fun MNSSHP & MVMCP!

4/2013 11 Days of Flower & Garden!
WDWCPALUM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #213
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Your wedding was gorgeous! I love your dress, and bouquet, and how everything had a tropical feel to it. Just beautiful

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #214
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Mel, the ceremony looked amazing!!! You were absolutely stunning, and I love the picture of Ron tearing up! Those pictures always get me! I'm secretly hoping Miguel has the same reaction when he sees me walking down the aisle!
Even though it's kinda blurry, that picture of Ron tearing up is one of my favorite!
But I don't even remember if I noticed him when he did that. I know I was staring at him the whole time, but I might have been too focused on me not tearing up to notice it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCPALUM03 View Post
I loved reading about your day at BB, thats where I worked for 2 years and it has a very special place in my <3
Not only did we have a great time at BB, but it was also the first time that Ron's daughter ever enjoyed being in the water. It's what helped us push her to get swimming lesson. That picture of her smiling in the little wave pool was a great motivator.

We are very much looking forward to trying BB again next summer, but this time just the two of us. I keep changing my mind though, about whether or not I want to try Summit Plummet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Your wedding was gorgeous! I love your dress, and bouquet, and how everything had a tropical feel to it. Just beautiful
Thanks! I really truly do feel that I could not have gotten married in a more gorgeous place and with more amazing people to hang out with.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #215
WDWCPALUM03
Mouseketeer

Do it

Trust me, I understand the doubts about SP, when I first started there we went to the top for the view, its AMAZING but I was scared of heights. It was a rough first few weeks when I would have to work that stand and run up there for my shift, I wouldnt look down. One morning I got picked as ride tester and I had no choice but to go down or let everyone know my fear. I loved it. Its honestly over very quick, we used to time each other and have a radar gun to play with I hit 67 mph lol. SLush gusher is my favorite though since you get air on the second bump.

10/2011 Pop Century The Trip we dicovered Julia's Obsession with Stitch!
11/2012 POP 11 Days of Disney Fun MNSSHP & MVMCP!

4/2013 11 Days of Flower & Garden!
WDWCPALUM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #216
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCPALUM03 View Post
Trust me, I understand the doubts about SP, when I first started there we went to the top for the view, its AMAZING but I was scared of heights. It was a rough first few weeks when I would have to work that stand and run up there for my shift, I wouldnt look down. One morning I got picked as ride tester and I had no choice but to go down or let everyone know my fear. I loved it. Its honestly over very quick, we used to time each other and have a radar gun to play with I hit 67 mph lol. SLush gusher is my favorite though since you get air on the second bump.
I probably will try it. I just get scared thinking about it. Not sure why though, I did bungee jumping for crying out loud! I get very nervous before something big, but really I love the thrill once I've done it. I'm kind of an adrenaline junkie.

Speaking of adrenaline rush and waterparks, I was checking out the website of a local waterpark and their newest slide opening in 2011 actually goes UPSIDE DOWN!!! It does a 2.5G loop!!! It's completely crazy. And yet I'll probably try it...
Click here if you want to check it out.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #217
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Time flies

It's already been one month since we got married. Wow!

Also, there are only 13 days left with the students, and 4 more days of work for me after that. It's crazy how fast this year has gone!

In just a little over two months we'll be leaving for Disney.

Today I was walking around the baby section of Walmart, looking at all the cute clothes they have for little ones, a lot of which are Disney themed. Hopefully after our Disneymoon this will be the next step in our married life.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #218
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Paradise does exist, I got married there!

Wedding Day (part 3) - Picture Time

Day 5 continued - Wednesday May 4th

After we got done taking pictures with everyone, most people left while we went around the resort to take more pictures with our wedding party.
My family stayed with us as well. We first went to the lobby terrace, on the third floor.

Down the stairs

Towards the main pool

Isn't Ron nice, keeping all the shade for himself?

Ok, that's better!

Eventually we made our way to the little wooden walkway towards the beach.

Ron and his brother thought those wooden posts looked like a fighting ring, so they had a pretend boxing match.

This picture looks so fake! As if we were in a studio in front of a screen.

A nice picture with our wedding party

A fun picture with our wedding party

My family had followed us because they wanted a picture with us on the beach

I don't know if you remember, but we were originally suppose to get married on the beach. Because it had been so windy that week, we had moved it to the spa terrace. What a good decision that was! After just a few minutes on the beach taking pictures, we were HOT! You can sorta tell how hot it was by this picture

By then we were done taking pictures with others, so most everyone left, except DD and the photographer, of course.
We took a picture around the staircase that leads to the rooms

And in the much bigger staircase that leads from the lobby to the buffet

DD was being a bit silly

And with that, we were done taking pictures. We didn't take a lot as we didn't want to impose on Ron's friend, who was nice enough to take pictures for us for free.
Somebody else must have been with us, because we somehow got strawberry daiquiris. Phew, we can finally sit down and relax.

Guess Ron's friend wasn't done taking pictures

We made our way back to our room and found this

Whoever was still with us at that point said they were going to leave us alone because we also came back to this

Yes, the maid had filled the bathtub with hot water and pink petals. Lovely!
We enjoyed the tub a little, but not too long because it became cold rather quickly.

Then we got ready for...

Continued in the next post

Last edited by ronnmel; 06-05-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #219
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Paradise does exist, I got married there!

Wedding Day (part 4) - Pool Time!!!

Day 5 continued - Wednesday May 4th

Yep, that's right, two hours after we got married we changed into our swimwear and went to hang out by the pool.

Lots of people were already there, like my entire family, and almost all of "our generation".

Ron hung out in the snack bar

While I hung out in the pool.

As you can see, some were already well advanced in the "drinking"

I joined them

Somebody told Ron's brother that his legs were too white compared to the top half of his body, so he tried to tan just his legs

And this is where I made probably my biggest mistake of the week. I too started drinking as soon as I got there. After about two drinks, I could feel it affecting me (I had eaten barely anything that day, remember?). I told myself I should stop and drink water. So what did I do? I headed straight to Ron's drink and quickly drank half of it. After a while I started feeling not so good. It was getting late in the day, so we decided to go back to the room and nap, hoping I'd feel better in time for the wedding dinner at 8:30pm.

Up Next : Will I feel better for my wedding dinner?

Last edited by ronnmel; 07-10-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #220
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

There were so many beautiful backdrops for pictures there! I love the ones on the various different staircases and the walkway to the beach.

I love how relaxed your wedding day was! How fun to get to lounge by the pool after the ceremony! I hope you started to feel better after your nap, though!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #221
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
There were so many beautiful backdrops for pictures there! I love the ones on the various different staircases and the walkway to the beach.

I love how relaxed your wedding day was! How fun to get to lounge by the pool after the ceremony! I hope you started to feel better after your nap, though!
I don't think we could have chosen a more beautiful resort! Gorgeous, everywhere we looked.

My whole trip was amazing, but I think that afternoon was my favorite time of the week (besides the wedding, of course). I was in such a good mood, coming off from the "high" of getting married, and I was now hanging out with friends and family in the pool, just relaxing and having a great time.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #222
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

MAN! pics came out great! It all looks just so fun, laid back and relaxing! Oh and COLORFUL! Really looks like you had an amazing time, and how nice to just hang by the pool after, so fun!

I am not able to drink in the sun :/ so I am afraid of what is next..but hoping for the best!
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #223
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I love each and every one of your pictures with your new hubby, wedding party and family. The setting was absolutely beautiful!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #224
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm very busy with report cards right now, so I might not be able to write the next update until after the 20th. In the meantime, here's a little piece of info that I've learned that will greatly change my Disney schedule this August.

Fantasmic is now back to playing EVERY NIGHT! Now, I know this is great news for most people, but not for us. We saw it once, and though it was good, we don't feel the need to see it again. Instead, we were hoping to take advantage of the much lower crowds on non-Fantasmic days. Well now there won't be days with much lower crowds. I have no idea yet how this will affect my scheduling as Touring Plans has not had the time to update their crowd calendar yet. All I know is, it sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
MAN! pics came out great! It all looks just so fun, laid back and relaxing! Oh and COLORFUL! Really looks like you had an amazing time, and how nice to just hang by the pool after, so fun!

I am not able to drink in the sun :/ so I am afraid of what is next..but hoping for the best!
Thanks. I love my pics too, and I didn't even have to pay an outrageous amount for a professional photographer!

Even in general times I start feeling nauseous from drinking way before I feel any effects, so I usually know when to stop. Not sure why I didn't listen to myself then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I love each and every one of your pictures with your new hubby, wedding party and family. The setting was absolutely beautiful!
Thanks! I love all my pictures too, can't choose a favorite.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #225
#1PoohBearFan
Mouseketeer

Hi! I have a question.
How do you do the links to the separate chapters? I cant seem to figure it out!

No ticker
FW-Mar98(wasn't born yet)FW-Dec00Hilton-Sep02WL-Oct03Hilton-Aug/Sep04BC-Aug/Sep05CSR-Nov06Hilton-Aug07ASSports-Aug08POR-May09Hilton-Aug10POP-Nov10Hilton+WL-Aug11CBR-Jan12ASMu-Mar12POP-Jun12POFQ-Dec12
I LOVE Pooh Bear!<3
#1PoohBearFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: