Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #196
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

A day on a Catamaran - part 2

Some shots taken on the way to the third stop:

And finally, time to play with some DOLPHINS!

You don't actually swim with the dolphins. You stand on a platform in about waist-high water. Algea has grown on the platform, so it's absolutely slippery and disgusting. I tried very hard to forget about it and just focus my mind on the dolphins.

Our dolphin was named Mara and she was 3 years old. It was only her second day "on the job". She did a great job!

Mara swam in front of us while we petted her back, then her stomach.

She also performed a few tricks. Click on the image, it's a video.

After that we all got to hug her and she kissed our cheeks.

And now, here's where things got really interesting. Lots of catamarans stop here everyday to have this interaction with the dolphins. Most catamarans have between 50 and 60 people on them. Ours only had around 20-25, and not all of them went in the water. So we got done with the interaction pretty fast and had some time to kill. The dolphin trainer decided to give us a treat. A few of us would get to swim with Mara! DD was the first one to get that chance, as she was the only kid (well, there were two others, but they were too small). She was a bit hesitant and scared at first, but when thought it was awesome. He asked for three more woman volunteers, so of course I raised my hand!

Here's a video of me swimming with Mara. You can tell she is getting tired though. Click on it to watch.

When we got back on the catamaran they got the sail up and turned the motor off and we slowly made our way back. It was a few more hours of just relaxing and enjoying the scenery.

We eventually made our way back to the marina.

We were all tired and ready to get back to the resort, so we quickly got back on the bus. It had to wait for other catamarans to come back though. While waiting, we witness an hilarious scene. See, on our catamaran with us was also a group of early 20s who were partying it up and enjoying the free drinks. A few were enjoying it too much though and one girl was sick just before we arrived at the dolphins. She stopped drinking and seemed better by the end of the day. The others did NOT stop drinking though, and one guy was passed out on the boat. And I do mean PASSED OUT. After we had docked at the marina his friends tried to wake him up, but it was NOT working. They tried several ways of carrying him or dragging him off the boat. After several failed attempts and some help from the boat crew, they managed to get him on shore. He was still not cooperating at all and would not stand on his feet, so they dragged him to the bus. Our bus. We were all praying he wouldn't puke on any of us. Somehow he managed to walk by himself to a seat on the back of the bus and fell back asleep. Phew.

I don't remember much of what we did once we got back to the resort. Judging from the pictures, I'm guessing we ate at the buffet, then walked around the resort to take a few pictures.

Ron's mood had not improved much,

so I'm pretty sure I convinced him to turn in early. We DID have a big day ahead of us the next day, what with getting married and all...

Up Next : Wedding Day!!!

Last edited by ronnmel; 06-05-2011 at 10:01 PM.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #197
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

The beach looks absolutely beautiful! The pictures with Mara are adorable - I just want to reach into the computer and hug her! I'm so glad wedding day is next! I can't wait to hear all about it!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #198
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
The beach looks absolutely beautiful! The pictures with Mara are adorable - I just want to reach into the computer and hug her! I'm so glad wedding day is next! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Oh yes, Mara really was the cutest thing!

I'm just about to start posting a first update of the wedding day.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #199
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Paradise does exist, I got married there!

Wedding Day - Getting ready (part 1)

Day 5 - Wednesday May 4th

Another early morning. We got up around 8am and made our way to breakfast. I'm not a morning person and all week it was hard to eat breakfast. But that morning was particularly hard. I was very stressed (good stress) and excited, so I barely got anything in me. We got back to the room a little before 9am. The wedding coordinator called and asked us if we still wanted to have the wedding on the beach, or move it to the spa terrace on the fifth floor due to the heavy winds we had had all week. It was actually not windy at all that day, but we knew it could change anytime so we decided to switch. Ron gathered his things and left to his cousin's room. The plan for him was to try and take a nap, but I think that never happened.

Soon my "beauty team" started arriving. Ron's cousin (DCous, right) was going to do my hair, Ron's friend (DFriend, middle) was responsible for makeup, and my MOH (left) was there to help. DD also came to the room to get ready with us, as she was the junior bridesmaid.

I had wanted to start getting ready at 9am, but we were all a bit slow and disorganized this morning doing little things so we only got started on my hair around 10am.

At some point MOH and DD went out to get us all something to eat. My stomach was still all in knots so all I had a couple of french fries.

Even though we started early, we ended up running a bit late so DFriend started working on my makeup while DCous continued with my hair. MOH helped too, so at some point I had all three of them working on me at the same time!

My aunt came by so she could film a little to show my mom. Finally, my hair and makeup were done. As you can tell from my clenched hands, my nerves were high!

It was already past 1pm by then (we were getting married at 2pm!) so the other girls quickly got ready while DCous did her hair and DD's hair. I put on my dress and DD helped me zip it. She was so cute, saying how she had to help "her mom". It sure feels nice that she accepts me so easily into hers and her dad's life.

My brother showed up (he was my bridesmen).

The wedding coordinator delivered the flowers and we took a few pictures.

The wedding coordinator had asked Ron and all the guests to be in the lobby by 1:30 so they could go up to the spa terrace 15 minutes later. Ron's family and friends (and Filipino people in general) are notorious for not being on time (every time there is an event schedule people say "4pm Filipino time, 7pm real time.), so we had told everyone to show up at 1:15pm.

Here are a few pictures they took in the lobby:

And up on the terrace:

Up Next : The wedding ceremony

Last edited by ronnmel; 06-05-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #200
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Oh wow, Mel! Everything was so beautiful the morning of the wedding! Your hair and makeup, your dress, the friends and family you had with you....just so magical!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #201
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Awww! It looks like you had a lot of fun You were so pretty! I love your hair. Congrats again on getting married!
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #202
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Mel, you looked so beautiful! They did a wonderful job on your hair and makeup. It all looks so professional!

Yay! I can't wait for more wedding updates!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #203
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Thanks girls!

We just received the "professional" pictures from Ron's friend, and there are over 600 of them, so it'll take me a while to go through all of them and pick out the best to post here. Hopefully I'll be able to post the Ceremony update this weekend.

Last edited by ronnmel; 05-28-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #204
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Paradise does exist, I got married there!

Wedding Day (part 2) - Ceremony

Day 5 - Wednesday May 4th

When I last left you Ron and all our guests were up on the spa terrace waiting for me and the ceremony to start. The wedding coordinator picked me up in my room and we walked inside all the way to the elevators. At the top DCous joined the rest of the guests while my bridal party and I stayed safely hidden.
This was the "aisle".

My MOH

Me, with my dad and my aunt (my mom's sister was walking in her place)
I teared up when I first saw him, but did not actually cried.

Ron looking at me walking down the aisle.

He teared up too.

My wedding party (pink) and his (turquoise)

Signing papers

Reading our vows.
Ron even managed to include Disney in his vows, saying "You'll always be the Minnie to my Mickey Mouse".

The sand ceremony

The kiss(es)

And we are now married!

Right after the ceremony we got champagne

A Cuban Trio played some music

Continued in the next post

Last edited by ronnmel; 05-28-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #205
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Wedding Day (part 2) - Ceremony cont'd

Ron tried to serve champagne to the MOH's son

She said no

Here's what my bouquet looked like. I only had a choice between roses, carnations or lilies, so I chose lilies, as well as pink and oranges for my colors. DCous had also taken a few pink hibiscus left as decoration by the maid to add more color to my bouquet.

We kissed some more

More pictures of our wedding party

People took loads of pictures of us

And finally we took a group picture with all of our guests. Of course Ron's brother had to fool around a little.

Here are a few pictures taken before the ceremony of Ron having fun with his two best friends

Up Next : Pictures around the resort and... What are newlyweds to do two hours after getting married?

Last edited by ronnmel; 06-05-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #206
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

sorry I am late to the game! I have been reading along though! Everything looks so beautiful!

Pics like yours make me sad that i don't fly! I am however grateful to live vicariously through you!

You looked gorgeous on your wedding day, and it seems like everyone had a blast!

Can't wait to hear what a married couple does 2 hours and after taking the plunge :D
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #207
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
sorry I am late to the game! I have been reading along though! Everything looks so beautiful!

Pics like yours make me sad that i don't fly! I am however grateful to live vicariously through you!

You looked gorgeous on your wedding day, and it seems like everyone had a blast!

Can't wait to hear what a married couple does 2 hours and after taking the plunge :D
Oh, yes, you are missing some gorgeous places by not flying. But I know Florida has some pretty nice looking beaches too.

Everyone did have a blast. Getting married down south was by far the BEST decision we could have made. We actually just spent the evening with my brother showing each other our pictures, and wishing we were back there.

So, what do you think we did later that afternoon? I'd love to hear (read) guesses.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:54 AM   #208
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Your wedding looked beautiful! Thank you for sharing the photos.. love the colour scheme too

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #209
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Awwww! Your wedding was so beautiful! I love the pink and blue Sooo pretty! It looks like all of your guests had fun . So no wedding drama?
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #210
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Your wedding looked beautiful! Thank you for sharing the photos.. love the colour scheme too

Emma x
Don't the colors just pop?! I love love love it! It makes for awesome pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
Awwww! Your wedding was so beautiful! I love the pink and blue Sooo pretty! It looks like all of your guests had fun . So no wedding drama?
My brother complained a little about having to wear pink, but people, including his girlfriend, complimented him so he didn't mind it so much after.

DD also complained about the pink, but she tried on dresses in both colors and I left the choice to her! Kids.

Yes, all of our guests had an amazing time and everyone had fun hanging out with each other. Even my family, who doesn't speak English, enjoyed hanging out with his family, who doesn't speak French!

We had a little bit of drama, but it was all very minor, and mostly between DH and I. There was the miscommunication with the wedding coordinator, grumpy Ron during the catamaran trip, another mini fight coming up on the last day.

We also had an "almost" drama moment on the Monday. Ron's best man was also our unofficial photographer. He has a great camera and loves to take pictures, so he agreed to take some pictures of us. We had agreed on a few shots after the wedding, and a trash the dress session one morning. Well when we met the wedding coordinator she asked us if we wanted to rent an old car to take us to take pictures somewhere nice. I had read about it prior to leaving and we had decided not to take it, but once there I sort of had a bridezilla moment and caved in to the pressure. We didn't even ask his friend, we just assumed he would take an hour or two out of his time to come with us, not once thinking about the fact that he has 1 year old baby to take care of, and that the baby was already being babysat a lot by the grandparents due to him and his wife being the BM and MOH. So when we kinda sprung the news on him we could see that he was very uncomfortable about it but was too nice to say anything. I felt so bad after we got back to the room, that Ron immediately went back to look for him, told him to forget it, we were being selfish and inconsiderate, and we canceled the next day. Phew, crisis averted.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: