Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #166
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
OK. Love the makeup and pics!

I say you chill at the pool for a bit then head to DTD! Thats always a fun way to start the vacay!

Your wedding is a little over a week away.. are freaking the heck out yet?
Thanks!

The pool or the water park seem to be the two front runner ideas right now. Anything that involves cooling off in water!

I didn't think I was freaking out, but earlier this week I dreamed of being kidnapped by the Asian mafia (Ron is Filipino), so maybe deep down I am scared?

Today is our legal wedding and I had an actual small freak out in the middle of the night. It's all good now though!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #167
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyKira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 313

Oh geez...How did I miss two updates? Anyway, I love the make-up trial pics
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #168
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Thanks!


Today is our legal wedding and I had an actual small freak out in the middle of the night. It's all good now though!
Awww! I hope you guys have a wonderful day!! Congratulations!!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #169
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran
 
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,468

First off - happy legal wedding day! How exciting!

I absolutely love the hair and make-up! You look so beautiful. It looks like you had tons of fun at your bachelorette party, too!

The first day plans sound great! I love the openness of the day. I think you could do some combination of any of the things that you mentioned. And since we'll be spending our first night watching Wishes at the Poly beach, I think that is a fabulous way to cap off the first night of your honeymoon!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #170
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyKira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Thanks!

The pool or the water park seem to be the two front runner ideas right now. Anything that involves cooling off in water!

I didn't think I was freaking out, but earlier this week I dreamed of being kidnapped by the Asian mafia (Ron is Filipino), so maybe deep down I am scared?

Today is our legal wedding and I had an actual small freak out in the middle of the night. It's all good now though!
Awwww Have a wonderful day! I can't wait to see the pictures
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #171
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
Oh geez...How did I miss two updates? Anyway, I love the make-up trial pics
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Awww! I hope you guys have a wonderful day!! Congratulations!!
Thanks. We did have a wonderful day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
First off - happy legal wedding day! How exciting!

I absolutely love the hair and make-up! You look so beautiful. It looks like you had tons of fun at your bachelorette party, too!

The first day plans sound great! I love the openness of the day. I think you could do some combination of any of the things that you mentioned. And since we'll be spending our first night watching Wishes at the Poly beach, I think that is a fabulous way to cap off the first night of your honeymoon!
Thank you!

Our trip is so planned, with everything we will be doing each day, so it is nice to have a more open first day. It should help with starting the vacation stress-free.

I agree, watching Wishes from the Poly beach is an awesome way to start off a honeymoon as it sounds like such a romantic thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
Awwww Have a wonderful day! I can't wait to see the pictures
Thanks!

I should be uploading the pictures from the legal wedding either today or tomorrow. Also, my friend finally posted the pictures from the bachelorette so I will be posting that too!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #172
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

Bachelorette update!!!

I finally have the pictures of my bachelorette so it's time to tell you more about what happened that day.

The day started off with a Pole Dancing Class!! I had expressed interest in doing that a few years back when I was single, but my best friend and I never got to do it. She remembered it though so decided to set this up.

First we learned a few moves standing up, like wrapping ourselves backward around the pole and turning/hanging with just our hands, dropping down to the floor then standing right back up, twisting around it, etc. (I'm the one in the middle, with the grey tank top at first, then a grey shirt)




Then we learned a few moves down on the ground.


After that we linked all the movements together into one little choreography and danced it to several musics (fast, slow, rock, pop, etc.)

To finish, just for fun, she showed us this move:


I had a blast! I would love to try it again some other time. It may happen sometime in the next year as two-three of my friends who couldn't make it were quite disappointed in missing it. And one of the ones who did make it is thinking about taking it as a regular class. It is quite the workout! My upper body muscles (arms, back, neck, abs) were really hurting that week, and I still have a few bruises on my legs.

My two cousins were there, and when they heard that me and two of my friends were going to the friend's work to take showers! she invited us to her house. I had everyone help me get ready with makeup and hair, as you can see here:


Then it was off to a restaurant called Kabana where more of my friends joined us for dinner. Here's me with my "date" for the night:



As you can see, my friends were really nice about not dressing me up ridiculously. All they had was the Hawaiian necklace, and a veil that didn't hold up too well.

I had a few challenges to do, like getting 3 guys to give me their phone number (and a girl too!), getting a picture taken with two brothers, getting a red hair guy to give me 5 kisses on the cheeks, find a guy with a luxury car. I also had to kiss the head of a bald guy.


Then we moved upstairs to a club. When we got there it was very early so it was quite empty. I did a few more challenges, like getting a guy to buy me a drink, dancing salsa with another guy, and dancing alone for one full song up on the little stage above the bars. After one song my two best friends joined me and we danced some more. As shy as I can be talking to people, I have no problem dancing in front of a crowd!

My "date" was quite popular, with several girls dancing with him, and others trying to steal him. But I was keeping a close eye on him, at least for a while...
Not everything that happened at the club is appropriate to be told on a public message board, so you'll just have to take my word that it was fun and at times wild.

Here's one last picture of me and my "date", and another one of my "I'm buzzed alone at home waiting for my fiance so I'm taking pictures of myself in front of the mirror" picture.



Oh, and if you wondered what happened to my "date", I found him floating on the ceiling of the club, with his little star/weight hanging out near the restrooms.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:55 AM   #173
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyKira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Bachelorette update!!!

I finally have the pictures of my bachelorette so it's time to tell you more about what happened that day.

The day started off with a Pole Dancing Class!! I had expressed interest in doing that a few years back when I was single, but my best friend and I never got to do it. She remembered it though so decided to set this up.
Oh how funny! It sounds like you had a blast. Glad to here your bachelorette was a success! Mine is in a few weeks and I have no idea what to expect

I love your date
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #174
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
Oh how funny! It sounds like you had a blast. Glad to here your bachelorette was a success! Mine is in a few weeks and I have no idea what to expect

I love your date
I really did have a great time.

Isn't my date just lovely?
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #175
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,417

Awww FUN! Excellent pole dancing pictures! That last one looks so effortless! I would be dying! I have no arm strength AT ALL!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #176
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Awww FUN! Excellent pole dancing pictures! That last one looks so effortless! I would be dying! I have no arm strength AT ALL!
It only looks effortless... but in fact they had to retake the picture several time as my face did not look so *happy* the first few times.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #177
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

My colleagues just threw me a little "surprise party" after school today. They had a cake, wine, crackers & cheese, a few pink balloons and a nice gift. And of course a great card that they all signed. It's my first year teaching at this school, and so far it's a GREAT staff.

They almost succeeded in surprising me. Another teacher was pretending that we had to have an emergency meeting for something. At first I had no clue, but I started putting things together about 20 minutes before the actual surprise.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #178
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyKira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
My colleagues just threw me a little "surprise party" after school today. They had a cake, wine, crackers & cheese, a few pink balloons and a nice gift. And of course a great card that they all signed. It's my first year teaching at this school, and so far it's a GREAT staff.

They almost succeeded in surprising me. Another teacher was pretending that we had to have an emergency meeting for something. At first I had no clue, but I started putting things together about 20 minutes before the actual surprise.
Awww. That is so sweet. It is nice that you get to celebrate with your coworkers
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #179
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
Awww. That is so sweet. It is nice that you get to celebrate with your coworkers
It touched me that they did something for me. Then today, Ron got his own little surprise party at work. Then they kicked him out of work early, saying "go home and enjoy your wedding/vacation!"


On another note,
We are leaving TOMORROW!!!

Very excited, but tired too as I still have so much stuff to do and it's already past 11pm. Packing is pretty much done (except very few things), but I need to write some notes for the girl coming to feed my cats, notes for ideas of pictures I like/want, burn the songs for the ceremony/reception. And worse of all, I haven't written my vows yet.

But it's ok. We will get up extra early tomorrow (only leaving for the airport around noon). And no matter what happens, I'm sure we will have a great week.

You can all think of me Wednesday May 4th at 2pm (EST).

Last edited by ronnmel; 04-29-2011 at 10:23 PM.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #180
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran
 
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,468

Mel, your bachelorette party looked like a blast! Your "date" had me cracking up!

Happy wedding day tomorrow! I hope your day is everything you've dreamed of! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.