Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #152
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
WAHOO! Great news! can't wait to see pics and hear more updates!
Thanks!

I'll try to post an update later this week.

Today is My Birthday!!!

I just turned the big 3-0. It feels good to start a new decade with such positive things ahead of me (wedding, Disneymoon, trying to start a family). Most of all, it feels great to do it all with the love of my life.

I actually did not even celebrate my birthday this weekend, as it was my Bachelorette. I'll post an update on this as soon as I get pictures from others who were there.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #153
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Thanks!

Today is My Birthday!!!

I just turned the big 3-0. It feels good to start a new decade with such positive things ahead of me (wedding, Disneymoon, trying to start a family). Most of all, it feels great to do it all with the love of my life.

I actually did not even celebrate my birthday this weekend, as it was my Bachelorette. I'll post an update on this as soon as I get pictures from others who were there.

Happppppy Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a great one <3
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #154
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Thanks!

Today is My Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday Mel!! Welcome to the 30 club! Can't wait to hear about the bachelorette party!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #155
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks!

Today is My Birthday!!!

Happy B-day!
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #156
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!

Today is My Birthday!!!

Happy belated birthday!

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #157
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post

Happppppy Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a great one <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Happy Birthday Mel!! Welcome to the 30 club! Can't wait to hear about the bachelorette party!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
Happy B-day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Happy belated birthday!
Thanks everyone!

I wanted to post an update tonight, but I'm really exhausted. We even decided not to go to our salsa class, despite knowing we would be missing a lot, just to rest up a bit.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #158
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I want to apologize. I keep saying I will post an update soon, and I never do it. In my defense, my life has been crazy busy with both school (work) and social events. To make matters worse, April has been a horrible month weather wise (WIND, rain, clouds, COLD) and it's affecting me negatively. Put all of this together, and that makes for a very tired Mel. I've been reading all the posts here, but even just posting small replies to other people's threads is sapping my energy. So I've been mostly lurking.

Also, I think another reason why I keep putting off writing an update is because I feel like updates should have pictures and I either A. don't have the pictures yet (photoshoot, bachelorette) or B. I don't feel like digging around the internet to find and upload pictures (ADRs, plans for different days, etc.).

So I have decided to just post a picture-less update. Actually, I should say updateS. I'll try to come here everyday to post a little something, instead of trying to write one huge update, to make it easier on me.

Ok, I just reread what I wrote and it sounds like I'm depressed. I'm NOT! Don't worry. I love my life right now, and how busy I am. It's making the time fly before my wedding, which is awesome. I just have no more energy left after all I have to do to post about the gazillions thoughts going through my head.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #159
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

ADRs, again

I changed our ADRs.

I had been thinking about our breakfast at Boma, and I started to get cold feet. I know Ron would like the omelet station, but he's not that big of a breakfast person so he doesn't really care. As for me, I'm very picky (though gettting much better at trying new things), so I'm not sure I would enough things to eat to warrant paying over 20$. So I've decided to go back to my first choice, Tusker House at 8am. This will allow us to be in the park when it opens and head straight to the Safari. It's actually the second reason for our change. As crazy as it sounds, even though we added more days we were afraid of not having enough time at Animal Kingdom, so we prefer to spend two full days there then to show up early afternoon after a late Boma breakfast. I have NOT canceled Boma yet though (Tusker House is on a different AK day), just in case I change my mind again. I do still would love to visit AKL very much...

But even Tusker House is not set in stone, because I have made yet another ADR. I was thinking about all the great restaurants in Disney and the one I REALLY have wanted to try ever since I heard about it is Via Napoli. I LOVE thin crust pizza and this one looks yummy! Our ADR there is during our third Epcot day, so by then we should have done all we want at least once and not feel rushed to go use a fastpass or something.

In the end, I don't know which or how many of these ADRs we will keep. At first we were only going to have two table-service (Yachtman has not changed as Ron's choice of restaurant. For now...), but now that we have free quick-service dining we can use some of that money saving on a third table-service. We'll see...
Old 04-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #160
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Ok, I have decided to kick my lazy behind, go around the house to take pictures of wedding stuff, and upload them along with the few makeup trial and bachelorette pictures I have.

So first, the makeup trial. You can also see how my hair was done, as well as where my flower was placed. This was the day of the photoshoot with my mom.

First just the eyes:

Then the final result:

I really don't want to talk about my bachelorette too much until I have all the pictures, but for now here is just one picture of me at the club:

What's a girl to do when she gets home at 2am, feeling a little buzzed, waiting for her fiance to get home? Take self-pictures doing funny/sexy faces of course! Now, I won't post them all because they are a bit embarrassing, and not all that great looking. But I can make fun of myself so here are a few.

After I brushed the curls out of my hair.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #161
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Sand Ceremony update (this will be of particular interest to you Lisa)

Here is the candle wax we first tried to seal our sand ceremony vase to be able to bring it back in the plane:

Since that didn't work, Ron bought this hard green foam (I think used in gardening) and cut it to shape.

He could not get it to fit perfectly, so he got this soft foam instead.

It fits! So we will be using this, then put the green foam on top, as well as saran wrap and an elastic. Hopefully all of this will be enough to prevent the sand from spilling out.

Here is a picture of our vase, with the sand the the foam.
*Note that the colors will look much more clear, as this was the results of several different pourings and mixing the three colors together.

These are the three individual vases that will have the three different colors of sand at the beginning.

Also, we received our stadium cups, which we will be giving to guests as a gift. They can use them in Cuba to get their drinks. I thought they would be bigger (my fault, they are exactly the size the website said they would, I just imagined it wrong), but otherwise they look great and sturdy!

That's it for now!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #162
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oooh the makeup and hair is so pretty. I like it a lot!

I don't think you embarassed yourself at all with the after the bachelorette party pictures. You still look cute.

That's the exact wax that Lacey and Jesse were looking at to seal off their sand. So, the foam and green stuff worked?

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #163
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oooh the makeup and hair is so pretty. I like it a lot!

I don't think you embarassed yourself at all with the after the bachelorette party pictures. You still look cute.

That's the exact wax that Lacey and Jesse were looking at to seal off their sand. So, the foam and green stuff worked?
Thanks.

The soft foam (white) fit really well inside the vase, and I think would be able to fit in any kind of shape as it is quite flexible. The hard foam (green) helps keep the white foam in place. A clear plastic wrap and an elastic help seal it off even better and stay in place.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #164
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

First Day Plans

We are taking the

at 8am on Wednesday August 10 and arriving in MCO around noon.

We will be taking the

to

We will try checking in, but chances are our room won't be ready right away. We will go eat lunch at the POP Century food court. After that, we have several options of what we could do, but going to a park is not one of them as we only have a 10-days ticket and we prefer to keep those for full days.

Our options are:
- Hang out at our resort pool. (image from wdwinfo.com)

- Go shopping in Downtown Disney.

- Go to DisneyQuest in DTD. (image from wdwinfo.com)

- Go to a water park, most probably Typhoon Lagoon since it's our favorite.

- Go play mini-golf. (image from wdwinfo.com)

- Go resort-hopping. Maybe to Port Orleans, or Animal Kingdom Lodge?
(images from wdwinfo.com)

Whatever we end up doing, there is a very good chance that we will end our night watching Wishes from the Poly Beach.
(image from wdwinfo.com)

So, out of all the options mentioned, what should we do? What about something else I have not thought about?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #165
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

OK. Love the makeup and pics!

I say you chill at the pool for a bit then head to DTD! Thats always a fun way to start the vacay!

Your wedding is a little over a week away.. are freaking the heck out yet?
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: