Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #136
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hi!

I've only just found your TR/PTR and wedding planning.. really good read!

looking forward to hearing more

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #137
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
In 5 weeks I'll be boarding a plane to Cuba.

I have a feeling those weeks will fly by because I will be VERY busy : Step-daughter and BIL birthdays this weekend, picking up my dress, hair and makeup trial, followed by photoshoot with my mom, followed by my birthday dinner (a week early). DH's family will also join us for that dinner. Then student-led conference, my bachelorette, a friend's baby shower, my actual birthday, DH's cousin's baby shower, our legal wedding, and finally Easter dinner. Oh, and last weekend I had a bridal shower and bachelorette for DH's groomwoman. Phew!

The family of 4 that couldn't all room together in our hotel is in even more trouble. Our resort is now full, so their only option would be to book at a neighboring resort. Then we could all hang out together on the beach, but they would have to buy a day-pass for our wedding.

I received the flower for my hair and its... big. It's very pointy on one end, so I can't really lay it flat against my head. I'll see if my hairdresser is able to do something with it, otherwise I'll have to find a new one quick or go without. .

My maid of honor found her dress, for 30$ Sorry, don't have a picture.

My mom had a rough time last week. They even had to give her a blood transfusion as her plate count was too low. They also had to stop chemo because of it. She seems to be doing better this week at least. Her radiotherapy ends on Tuesday.
Oh wow! Only 5 weeks? You must be so excited! How was your shower? Mine is in a few weeks...I can't wait! I am so sorry your mom isn't feeling well. I wish you both luck
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #138
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

We tried the sand for the sand ceremony and were not satisfied with the vases we had bought so far. Yesterday we found 3 small ones to hold each separate color of sand, and today we found a bigger one to pour into at the ceremony. We tried melting some wax (that we bought at a crafts store and is used to mold candles). At first we were very disappointed because the wax was turning black, but when we came back the next day we were able to lift the entire piece of wax without taking much sand with it, so it was ok. We had put a little rope in the hot wax to help with the removal once it hardened, and it worked great. However, Ron wants to try buying styrofoam and using this as well as a saran wrap. He thinks melting the wax is too time consuming, and leaves tiny marks on the glass.
I'll try to take pictures of all of this later.

We have been taking salsa lessons for several months now and are getting quite good. I finally decided to invest in a good pair of dancing shoes. I was hoping to get turquoise to go with my wedding dress (I plan on wearing them for the reception at the disco that night), but they didn't have any. I ended up with black shoes. yes it's not the best for a wedding, but it will be dark inside the disco. Plus, at least they'll be good for any other occasion I want to wear them.

Today we also bought linen pants for Ron to wear at the wedding. They look great! Not only that, but they'll be perfect for Disney, especially our Hollywood studio day since we need to be dressed up for our dinner.
Which reminds me, I forgot to tell you all that we changed one ADR. We took away Cape May Cafe Dinner as we bought don't eat much at buffets. Plus, Ron has been in a steak mood lately, so instead we booked Yachtman's Steakhouse for the same time, same evening. It's going to be more expensive, but at least we'll both enjoy the food. Plus, we figured we deserved one nice sit-down meal on our honeymoon.
Although, knowing Ron, this ADR could change again as his food mood is very variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Wow 5 weeks! And it sounds like a very, very busy 5 weeks!

I'm sorry to hear your mom went through a rough patch. I hope she continues to feel better!
Thank you, and yes it is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hi!

I've only just found your TR/PTR and wedding planning.. really good read!

looking forward to hearing more

Emma x

I'm glad you have joined my PTR. I hope to hear more comments from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
Oh wow! Only 5 weeks? You must be so excited! How was your shower? Mine is in a few weeks...I can't wait! I am so sorry your mom isn't feeling well. I wish you both luck
Thanks.
I am getting very excited!

The shower wasn't mine, it's for a best friend of Ron who is getting married two weeks before us. She will be Ron's "groomswoman". I am not having a shower as 1. I feel people are already spending a lot of money to come to Cuba, and 2. There really isn't anything housewise that we need. I am having a bachelorette though, as for me it's an opportunity to party with all of my friends who can't make it to Cuba. Hope you have a nice shower!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #139
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks.
I am getting very excited!

The shower wasn't mine, it's for a best friend of Ron who is getting married two weeks before us. She will be Ron's "groomswoman". I am not having a shower as 1. I feel people are already spending a lot of money to come to Cuba, and 2. There really isn't anything housewise that we need. I am having a bachelorette though, as for me it's an opportunity to party with all of my friends who can't make it to Cuba. Hope you have a nice shower!
Oops. Sorry I misunderstood. It sounds like your bachelorette party will be lots of fun, though
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #140
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

wow, only 5 weeks away! everything looks so great! I'm super excited for you! good call on changing ADR. even if it changes again, I agree that you deserve one nice sit down meal!

So exciting, and yay about salsa lessons! such fun dancing!
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #141
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear that your mother wasn't feeling well enough to continue her treatments. Is she feeling better now?

Sounds like the wedding "to do" list is dwindling down by the day! Oh no....the wax didn't work well? Shoot, that's what Lacey and Jesse were going to do. Since they are using old time jars to decorate the tables, I think they have decided to use two small jars and one large jar for their sand ceremony. That way, they will know precisely how much sand they need and it will have a lid. Oh, I almost forgot, you asked what color sand they were using. I think they are just going to do white and tan. The yellows and greens that they have found are just too bright.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #142
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
Oops. Sorry I misunderstood. It sounds like your bachelorette party will be lots of fun, though
Thanks. I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
wow, only 5 weeks away! everything looks so great! I'm super excited for you! good call on changing ADR. even if it changes again, I agree that you deserve one nice sit down meal!

So exciting, and yay about salsa lessons! such fun dancing!
Thanks. Salsa is great! Though it is getting harder and fiance being a perfectionist, he's not enjoying it as much. Hopefully he'll agree to a private lesson and then he can start feeling better about it again (though really he is great, he has no reason to be so hard on himself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm sorry to hear that your mother wasn't feeling well enough to continue her treatments. Is she feeling better now?

Sounds like the wedding "to do" list is dwindling down by the day! Oh no....the wax didn't work well? Shoot, that's what Lacey and Jesse were going to do. Since they are using old time jars to decorate the tables, I think they have decided to use two small jars and one large jar for their sand ceremony. That way, they will know precisely how much sand they need and it will have a lid. Oh, I almost forgot, you asked what color sand they were using. I think they are just going to do white and tan. The yellows and greens that they have found are just too bright.
Just got my cake topper in the mail today, so the list is "dwindling down" even more. The Stitch and Angel cake topper is perfect, I LOVE it.

That's good that they'll have a lid for the sand ceremony. Though at least, unlike us, they don't have to take a plane with it. That should make transportation slightly easier. I would suggest that they get some cheap sand and a cheap vase and try the wax just to see. I suspect that if we hadn't held the flame so close to it, it would not have turned black. White and tan go very well together.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #143
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Annual passes?

The school calendar for next year just got out and I learned that teachers don't start before Thursday August 25th. Also, DH has reasons to believe that he won't have to get forced vacation in July. So now we have been thinking about extending our vacation 2-3 days and come back Tuesday or Wednesday.

Well, if we stay for 14 days, then we might need more than a 10 days tickets, so Ron started looking at annual passes. And if we buy annual passes, well, we outta come back again during the year to make good use of it. I'm sure we would be looking non-stop at flight prices, hoping for an incredible last minute deal for a quick weekend trip, for say, food and wine? Plus, we'd get to use Tables in Wonderland. This got us VERY excited thinking about it today.

Obviously this is a lot to think about. We both enjoy the water parks, and Ron likes DisneyQuest, so we would need premium passes. They are quite expensive. Plus, flights from here are expensive too. We also would need to factor in how much we would save on food with TIW. But who knows. We are definitely thinking about it. Ron says it's our honeymooon, so we should do it right and not care about the cost, as long as we have the money.

Last edited by ronnmel; 04-05-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #144
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Do it!! You won't regret it! DH and I got annual passes for our very first trip together. In fact, I bought them a year before our trip (before prices went up BTW, they go up sometime in August so if you get them, order them now, just in case) and it was so great! We got two trips out of those passes. Then we went once before getting annual passes again and got three trips out of those. The Tables in Wonderland card is so amazing! Definitely a better deal than the dining plan, for us anyway. Especially since alcohol is included in the discount. Plus you're not tied into eating a certain number of times. We've also gotten great room discounts with it, although lately it seems like general public discounts are just as good.
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:49 AM   #145
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Quote:
Annual passes?

The school calendar for next year just got out and I learned that teachers don't start before Thursday August 25th. Also, DH has reasons to believe that he won't have to get forced vacation in July. So now we have been thinking about extending our vacation 2-3 days and come back Tuesday or Wednesday.

Well, if we stay for 14 days, then we might need more than a 10 days tickets, so Ron started looking at annual passes. And if we buy annual passes, well, we outta come back again during the year to make good use of it. I'm sure we would be looking non-stop at flight prices, hoping for an incredible last minute deal for a quick weekend trip, for say, food and wine? Plus, we'd get to use Tables in Wonderland. This got us VERY excited thinking about it today.

Obviously this is a lot to think about. We both enjoy the water parks, and Ron likes DisneyQuest, so we would need premium passes. They are quite expensive. Plus, flights from here are expensive too. We also would need to factor in how much we would save on food with TIW. But who knows. We are definitely thinking about it. Ron says it's our honeymooon, so we should do it right and not care about the cost, as long as we have the money.
sorry, but I TOTALLY AGREE with Ron! DO IT!!!!
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #146
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Do it!! You won't regret it! DH and I got annual passes for our very first trip together. In fact, I bought them a year before our trip (before prices went up BTW, they go up sometime in August so if you get them, order them now, just in case) and it was so great! We got two trips out of those passes. Then we went once before getting annual passes again and got three trips out of those. The Tables in Wonderland card is so amazing! Definitely a better deal than the dining plan, for us anyway. Especially since alcohol is included in the discount. Plus you're not tied into eating a certain number of times. We've also gotten great room discounts with it, although lately it seems like general public discounts are just as good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
sorry, but I TOTALLY AGREE with Ron! DO IT!!!!
We got really excited at the prospect of buying an annual pass and going back once in the following year, but after thinking about it carefully we won't do it. We are going to extend our vacation by 2-3 to make it a full 2 weeks, or just 1 day short of it. However, we will be keeping our 10 days ticket.

The price of the annual pass would be double the 10 days ticket. Plus, I tried pricing the flights for a last-minute quick weekend getaway (using this weekend as an example), and though I could get something for a 100$ each, the almost 300$ in fees and taxes would make the round-trip waaayyy expensive. Plus, we want to start trying to have a baby after the Disneymoon, so we'll shift our focus to that. It's okay though, I'm fine with this decision. I'm just happy that we'll be able to stay 2 fulls weeks. We'll just make sure to go to the waterparks and take rest days 4 times.

I do have one new dilemma though. As I have said before, we chose to buy room-only in order to be able to cancel last minute should something happen with my mom. I was fine with that decision until... today, when I received a PIN for free dining covering our dates! I don't know what to do anymore! I know we would make great use of the Quick-service free dining, but will I worry too much about losing money if we have to cancel? Would they be able to accommodate us with just a change of dates if we couldn't make it?

Last edited by ronnmel; 04-05-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #147
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Just a quick update to say that not only have we extended our vacation by 3 more days, but we decided to use the PIN and will have FREE quick-service dining for the FULL 2 WEEKS!!! We could have upgraded to the regular dining plan, but it didn't make sense for us. We really like the idea of not being tied down to a meal at a specific time and place except for a couple of special occasions. We want this vacation to be "do what we want to do, when we feel like doing it".

Obviously the extra 3 days and free dining have changed our tentative schedules, as well as our OOP table-service meals, but I'll expend more on that in a future update.

I'll also talk more about my makeup and hair trial and photoshoot with my mom from last weekend. I just don't have any pictures to show now.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #148
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Yay for 3 more days! That is wonderful news!

I hope the photoshoot went well - I can't wait to see the pictures!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #149
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I was so excited to hear that you've added more days to your trip! Looking forward to hearing about the photoshoot.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #150
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Yay for 3 more days! That is wonderful news!

I hope the photoshoot went well - I can't wait to see the pictures!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I was so excited to hear that you've added more days to your trip! Looking forward to hearing about the photoshoot.

I would love to show pictures of my photoshoot, but the photographer (my step-brother) says I'm not allowed to see any before the actual wedding. I'm trying to convince him to at least let me see one picture of just my face or something like that. If he refuses, I'll just post a picture of the make-up and hair that I took with my own camera.

BTW, we are now exactly 4 weeks away before I say "I do".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: