Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #61
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

It's our favorite place to stay on the Harbor Strip.
Malcon10t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #62
AZlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbyskates View Post
Anyone stayed here recently? Any updated reviews?
I stayed march 12-17 2013 & stayed last April (2012).
Both time I was super happy with it. My last visit I upgraded to a premium room and had our breakfast delivered to us- that was well worth it
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #63
Mumtotwoprincesses
Earning My Ears

We are presently staying at the CCI. We are really enjoying it! We have a premium room and love that we can order our breakfast to be delivered to our room. It is fairly quiet at the back of the hotel and are my girls(4.5 and 7) really enjoy the pools although the main pool is a bit too cold! We had a nice complimentary basket of granola bars, popcorn and treats. We also get two complimentary water bottles in our room daily. We walk easily( I'm 20 weeks pregnant) and its about 10 minutes to the gate(we walk fast through!). All in all its been great and I will definitely book here again!
Mumtotwoprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #64
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

OP here. I stayed here most recently this past November and booked another stay for this July. Ever since I posted that first review, we have returned to CCI for our DLR tirps. We always get two discounts- AAA and the return customer discount. Now that our boys are in college and we travel without them, we have been staying in the standard room and have found it a good size for two people. Or if you have smaller children.

We've been having better luck with our wi-fi so maybe that's improved, or maybe we've just had good locations. Coffee is still yucky to me, but DH drinks it. I have a cup from our own Keurig in the room before going down to breakfast. Every trip the staff has been wonderful and friendly.

Oh, last summer we were on the first floor and either the people above us were especially noisy (it sounded like they were having a suitcase tossing contest) or we were under a creaky spot. Or both! Never had that happen before, but now we call a few days before our trip and request a second floor room.

Oh, if anyone has pics of the premium room, feel free to post them in the thread and I will mention it on the first page. I know we'll never stay in that one so I won't have pics to post of it.

Last edited by PinkBudgie; 03-24-2013 at 11:27 AM.
PinkBudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #65
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

Seriously considering CCI for a Spring Break 2014 trip. We'd get a premium room, but we'd also need a roll away (dh & I and our kids will be 19, 18 and 14). Anyone done a rollaway in a premium or deluxe room?

Also... places to eat nearby? We're also considering Disney hotels but we're concerned because in 2009 we really disliked the food choices at DL in particular. If we stay at a Disney hotel, we're pretty much limited to Disney food. Last trip we stayed at HoJo and ate Mimi's quite a bit. What's close to CCI?
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #66
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMama View Post
Seriously considering CCI for a Spring Break 2014 trip. We'd get a premium room, but we'd also need a roll away (dh & I and our kids will be 19, 18 and 14). Anyone done a rollaway in a premium or deluxe room?

Also... places to eat nearby? We're also considering Disney hotels but we're concerned because in 2009 we really disliked the food choices at DL in particular. If we stay at a Disney hotel, we're pretty much limited to Disney food. Last trip we stayed at HoJo and ate Mimi's quite a bit. What's close to CCI?
We do a roll away in the premium room. Works out fine.

As for food, it is the one negative. Closest is probably Tony Romas.
Malcon10t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #67
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The Garden Walk is within easy walking distance. Restaurants there include California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gump's, McCormick & Schmick, and P F Chang's.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #68
pennyring
Thrift Ninja

Quote:
I would say with some certainty that the food at DLR is almost completely different from 2009. Honestly, about two years ago, I vetoed almost every single restaurant on property as "totally gross". We just visited last week (2013) and they have a ton of new choices. I can't say I had a bad meal anywhere. It was all good.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #69
PinkBudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyring View Post
I would say with some certainty that the food at DLR is almost completely different from 2009. Honestly, about two years ago, I vetoed almost every single restaurant on property as "totally gross". We just visited last week (2013) and they have a ton of new choices. I can't say I had a bad meal anywhere. It was all good.
I agree! They have done some some big overhauling of menus over the past few years. Places I would never eat before are now on my favorites list. And you have some new places in DCA that weren't there before at all- Flo's, Carthay Circle...

One day we walked to Bubba Gumps from CCI and enjoyed that. I'm also thinking I saw a sandwhich place across the street (Subway? ) But who would go there with new, very reasonably priced Earl of Sandwhich now open in DTD?
Old 04-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #70
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlady View Post
My last visit I upgraded to a premium room and had our breakfast delivered to us- that was well worth it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumtotwoprincesses View Post
We have a premium room and love that we can order our breakfast to be delivered to our room.
Glad to hear you think it was worth it - we've booked premium rooms because one of my DDs is terrible at getting going in the morning and I thought if breakfast is delivered it may speed her up a bit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
Oh, if anyone has pics of the premium room, feel free to post them in the thread and I will mention it on the first page. I know we'll never stay in that one so I won't have pics to post of it.
We are going in August so if no one posts any in the meantime I'll post mine on our return.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #71
PinkBudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Glad to hear you think it was worth it - we've booked premium rooms because one of my DDs is terrible at getting going in the morning and I thought if breakfast is delivered it may speed her up a bit!

We are going in August so if no one posts any in the meantime I'll post mine on our return.
Great! Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: