Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #16
mamaso
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great review of the CCI! I am looking forward to it even more!

Old 08-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #17
PrincessAuroraPink
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your review! We've stayed at CCI once before and loved it. We're going back again in Oct.

The photos gave me something to look forward to.... while I'm waiting for the park schedules!
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #18
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftislander View Post
IWe had three people
(2 adults and one teen) in a regular room with two queens and the set up was much the same but with slightly less square footage. Any family that likes to have some elbow room might be unhappy.
I agree with this. We love the CCI and have stayed there twice now (and plan to stay again before our cruise in March) but this time I will get the Deluxe room. I am not sure if we lucked out and got a deluxe room for the standard price the first time, but this past trip there was zero room between the bed closest to the door and the A/C unit. I had to climb over the foot of the bed to get into and out of bed. It was pretty annoying.
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #19
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Hmm.... I forgot to mention that. The bed closest to the window was next to the AC too. We were told this was a deluxe room. Not having ever been there, I wouldn't know the difference. DH slept on that side because he is always hot. However, I would not want to sleep two people on full size beds just to make more room. We are used to a Calif. King, so queen feels small to us.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #20
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Really nice review.

Do you think you will always stay closer now?

I'm wondering about that view of Carsland. The builing you saw is going to eventually make an L with the long leg on the south side, so maybe it will be the back of a nice facade from the CCI.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #21
PinkBudgie

Before I was always big on just driving to the parks because you could stay at a nice hotel if just a little further away. Now, I think I'm spoiled on just walking over. It allowed us to not rush through breakfast because we didn't have to leave so early in the morning. I think I'm converted.

Our room only had a window in the front of the room so I don't know if the rooms in the back only have that one front window too. If so, there won't be any view for them either. Maybe someone else knows.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #22
S. S. Columbia
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great review.

This thread should be added to the "DLR Info/Links" (Hotels) sticky.

"I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place -- a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it." -Walt Disney
S. S. Columbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #23
Hound 109
So non-screamin' family members can pass the time enjoyably while the Hound gets his Screamin' fix in

Great pictures & great review.

I'm also a big fan of the CCI & have stayed there twice. It's great for the small family that wants to get up early & then take an afternoon break. (for the reasons you highlighted.)

We would average taking the free/dedicated shuttle twice a day & would walk (to the parks or back) twice a day.

We also aren't much on swimming pools (hopped in a couple of times), but those who are might prefer the DLR hotels (for a price) or Hojos.

But i'd put a $25 - $35 premium over the other Harbor hotels for the good breakfast & shuttle.

Question: How far of a walk is it to the Garden Walk restaurants from the CCI?....i'm thinking it's not too far.

Great report.

Not for the faint of heart, but LOTS of info for the WDW Vet visiting for one or two days:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1975805

Hound 109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #24
LavenderPeach
Didn't understand how you could go sideways and not fall out
Don't tempt me with stuff like that!

Great review! I'm glad you guys liked staying there. I think it's one of the nicer looking hotels on Harbor. They really did a good job making a regular motel look nice.
LavenderPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #25
PinkBudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound 109 View Post
Great pictures & great review.

I'm also a big fan of the CCI & have stayed there twice. It's great for the small family that wants to get up early & then take an afternoon break. (for the reasons you highlighted.)

We would average taking the free/dedicated shuttle twice a day & would walk (to the parks or back) twice a day.

We also aren't much on swimming pools (hopped in a couple of times), but those who are might prefer the DLR hotels (for a price) or Hojos.

But i'd put a $25 - $35 premium over the other Harbor hotels for the good breakfast & shuttle.

Question: How far of a walk is it to the Garden Walk restaurants from the CCI?....i'm thinking it's not too far.

Great report.
We didn't go there this time. I know it isn't far because we walked there from Embassy Suites South and then over to DTD. But I couldn't say how long it would take. We hardly had any time at DTD this trip. I don't know where the time went!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #26
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound 109 View Post

Great report.
We did this once. It was two years ago so the boys were 7 and 8 then and had no problem walking there and back even after a day in the park. I can't say how long it took us unfortunately since I don't remember, but I seem to remember DH and I being surprised that it didn't take any longer than to walk to Disneyland from Candy Cane.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #27
nsiordia
Mouseketeer

Great review! We love CCI

DL AP HOLDERS

Sailed to the Mexican Riviera on the Wonder January 2012 - best cruise ever!
nsiordia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:08 AM   #28
Lhk1617
Earning My Ears

Nice CCI pictures! Just wanted to drop in here and say for us it is always between CCI and Hojos! CCI costs more than Hojos (with entertainment card). But you do get the dedicated shuttle and breakfast with CCI.

One tip for the CCI is that sometimes in the morning the bus shuttle is not running! Instead it is a small van. That is never enough to hold all the guests that want a ride to the park. To make sure that you are not left waiting for nothing ask the front desk what will be running in the morning. That way you know you have to get up early to walk over to the park or try to wait for the small van (people start running when they realize so get your running shoes!!!). I just want to make sure that people are not surprised when something like that happens.

When this happened half our party got into the van. The rest walked. We were almost dead even with getting to the front gates!
Lhk1617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #29
PinkBudgie

We never saw a van when we were there. But then we didn't have a MM so we just got to the gates by 8am. We found that if you are not trying to get on Peter Pan or Nemo then you can walk up at opening and still be fine to get on lots of rides. We usually left CCI about 10 minutes to 8 and just walked over.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:51 AM   #30
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran

Great review. I was just pondering DLH or CCI for New years. We stay one or the other. Have never had problem with the shuttle. We even had a drive take us on our own personal drive after we missed the morning shuttle and were walking down the lot to walk to the park. Kids love the free breakfast and we like the convenience and safe feel of CCI

DHDD13DD15DD21*

mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: