Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #91
mumzie2three
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxTeach View Post
I'm having difficulty linking my room reservation to MDE account. Our trip isn't until Veteran's Day weekend (November). What Travelocity # are you all entering for your Disney confirmation #? What I've entered hasn't worked so far.
Look for the "confirmation #" not the trip ID.
mumzie2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #92
sheri236
Mouseketeer

I had call travelocity and they in turn called disney to get the disney conformation number I needed
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #93
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxTeach View Post
I'm having difficulty linking my room reservation to MDE account. Our trip isn't until Veteran's Day weekend (November). What Travelocity # are you all entering for your Disney confirmation #? What I've entered hasn't worked so far.
Room only shouldn't be a problem. There should be a confirmation number next to your hotel receipt that gets emailed to you.

The problem is linking the ticket vouchers to MDE so one can select FP+. It doesn't appear to be possible.
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #94
texasadam
Earning My Ears

Someone is bound to have gone on the vacation by now, right? Did anyone ever get their Travelocity will call vouchers to link in the MDE system?
texasadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #95
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasadam View Post
Someone is bound to have gone on the vacation by now, right? Did anyone ever get their Travelocity will call vouchers to link in the MDE system?
Nope but it doesn't even matter apparently. I got my magic bands even without having linked my park tickets. All Disney does is look at your hotel apparently to see if its in the testing phase for those particular dates. I made my FP+ reservations, customized my bands, and received them in the mail.

Going to be at Boardwalk Resort starting Nov. 1. When I arrive, I will go exchange my vouchers for the tickets.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #96
rosiebean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 View Post
Nope but it doesn't even matter apparently. I got my magic bands even without having linked my park tickets. All Disney does is look at your hotel apparently to see if its in the testing phase for those particular dates. I made my FP+ reservations, customized my bands, and received them in the mail.

Going to be at Boardwalk Resort starting Nov. 1. When I arrive, I will go exchange my vouchers for the tickets.
It doesn't appear to be possible to link will call tickets bought on Travelocity to Disney's system.

I just returned from a stay at the YC booked via an awesome rate with Travelocity plus a 5% off code. When booked that, I went ahead and bought tickets through them as well as the 5% off code I had was off the entire package, not just room. Then I canceled the original trip I'd booked through WDW's website. I was able to link my hotel room to my account on WDW's site with the confirmation code sent from Travelocity via email. It *appeared* that I was able to link my tickets, but what I was seeing was a remnant from the original package I booked through WDW. My original hotel ressie went away from my MDE account a day after cancelling. The tickets did not...and though they allowed me to 'book' FPs, they weren't linked to my actual tickets (as explained to me when I called tech support when I realized that others on Dis who bought park tickets through Travelocity were not able to link those tickets to their MDE accounts).

I was able to personalize magic bands, though.

When I went to will call to get my tickets, I asked about linking them to my magic band. They suggested I go to guest support (a booth over) to see if it could be done. After standing in line there for a few minutes and listening to the problems others were having and how long it was taking to resolve various issues, I gave up and just used my card tickets.

Lesson learned: next time, the 5% isn't enough if I decide I want to use my magic bands to get into the parks...I'll just buy straight from WDW. However, 10% (which was offered through a code via Travelocity the *day* after I bought my package) might be enough of a discount to just use tickets.

I know what to expect next time. But maybe by 'next time', they'll be able to link tickets bought elsewhere into WDW's magic band system.

That said...regarding purchasing my room through Travelocity, it was a really good experience. I was able to link the ressie to my MDE account and check in online (I requested a higher floor close to transportation). My room was ready when we arrived (at noon), and it was AWESOME. I booked garden view and either got the best garden view at YC or was upgraded, so booking elsewhere didn't harm my experience. The next time we go back, I will not hesitate to book the room through Travelocity.
rosiebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #97
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiebean View Post
It doesn't appear to be possible to link will call tickets bought on Travelocity to Disney's system.

I just returned from a stay at the YC booked via an awesome rate with Travelocity plus a 5% off code. When booked that, I went ahead and bought tickets through them as well as the 5% off code I had was off the entire package, not just room. Then I canceled the original trip I'd booked through WDW's website. I was able to link my hotel room to my account on WDW's site with the confirmation code sent from Travelocity via email. It *appeared* that I was able to link my tickets, but what I was seeing was a remnant from the original package I booked through WDW. My original hotel ressie went away from my MDE account a day after cancelling. The tickets did not...and though they allowed me to 'book' FPs, they weren't linked to my actual tickets (as explained to me when I called tech support when I realized that others on Dis who bought park tickets through Travelocity were not able to link those tickets to their MDE accounts).

I was able to personalize magic bands, though.

When I went to will call to get my tickets, I asked about linking them to my magic band. They suggested I go to guest support (a booth over) to see if it could be done. After standing in line there for a few minutes and listening to the problems others were having and how long it was taking to resolve various issues, I gave up and just used my card tickets.

Lesson learned: next time, the 5% isn't enough if I decide I want to use my magic bands to get into the parks...I'll just buy straight from WDW. However, 10% (which was offered through a code via Travelocity the *day* after I bought my package) might be enough of a discount to just use tickets.

I know what to expect next time. But maybe by 'next time', they'll be able to link tickets bought elsewhere into WDW's magic band system.

That said...regarding purchasing my room through Travelocity, it was a really good experience. I was able to link the ressie to my MDE account and check in online (I requested a higher floor close to transportation). My room was ready when we arrived (at noon), and it was AWESOME. I booked garden view and either got the best garden view at YC or was upgraded, so booking elsewhere didn't harm my experience. The next time we go back, I will not hesitate to book the room through Travelocity.
I got the 10% off that you mentioned. Too good of a deal to pass up. And I was disappointed at first b/c I didn't think I'd be able to get the FP+ but I was. Small inconvenience to use the cards to get into the park but by no means a deal breaker. Hell I've been doing it for all 31 years of my life
Old 10-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #98
disneynme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasadam View Post
I am here at YC now and booked through Travelocity. I had the same experience as a previous poster in that I had a package booked through WDW that I cancelled after booking Travelocity. My tickets also appeared that they attached in MDE, but it was really the old cancelled tickets. I was still able to make FP+ reservations at home. When I got to the parks, I couldn't use my magic band to go through the gate. I had to go back and put the actual ticket numbers from the tickets I picked up at will call into MDE--then it worked. All my FP+ reservations saved and I never had any problems there.

I would definitely use Travelocity again!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #99
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynme View Post
I am here at YC now and booked through Travelocity. I had the same experience as a previous poster in that I had a package booked through WDW that I cancelled after booking Travelocity. My tickets also appeared that they attached in MDE, but it was really the old cancelled tickets. I was still able to make FP+ reservations at home. When I got to the parks, I couldn't use my magic band to go through the gate. I had to go back and put the actual ticket numbers from the tickets I picked up at will call into MDE--then it worked. All my FP+ reservations saved and I never had any problems there.

I would definitely use Travelocity again!!!
Right but you don't need to use the MB to get into the park. You can just the platic card you picked up at the ticket voucher booth right?
Old 11-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #100
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

I've tried several times over the past few days but can't get the Travelocity confirmation number to link to the MDE. I made sure I was using the correct confirmation number, but no luck. I called the Disney phone number and was then transferred to Support. I was on hold 15-20 minutes, then the poor support guy must have spent 30 minutes sorting my reservation. Good thing I can get work done while listening to hold music!
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #101
meho1
Earning My Ears

Has anyone had any issues linking their reservations since the last post in 2013? I booked my trip through Travelocity which save a great deal of money. However the Travelocity confirmation number (not the Itinerary) does NOT work with MDE. I called Disney and they did indicate that I do have a reservation. But they were far from helpful. In fact it was a very poor experience which surprised me since I hear such good things. Anyway they tole me that I have to get the Disney confirmation number from Travelocity. Travelocity seems confused by this. At this point I am just considering canceling the trip altogether. If I cannot get the FP+ and other benefits of staying at a resort why bother? And I am not going to pay Disney an extra 100 bucks per night just to get a confirmation number!
meho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #102
mumzie2three
DIS Veteran

When I booked with Travelocity I had an itinerary number that allowed me to put my hotel info into MDE. It was somewhere on my confirmation email/page. My problem was the park tickets through Travelocity weren't going to allow me to use FP+, so I cancelled just the tickets. I can't remember how far out you can schedule FP+
mumzie2three is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: