Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 09:42 AM   #31
brookness
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscussDisney View Post
We are within 10 days. Our Orbitz ressie doesn't show up on Disney.com either. Tried both the Orbitz number and the Disney number. Neither work. Contacted Disney and they told me Orbitz ressies are locked for them that I should call the Hotel (Poly in this case) directly. Poly said they will have the reservation in their system 3 days before arrival and I should call back and confirm all my requests are there.

I had one through WDW, but couldn't pass up the deal through Travelocity for CBR. We re-booked through them and cancelled the WDW ressie. I was told to put requests in at the 10 day mark directly with the hotel. I called CBR twice to confirm and two different CM's both said the same thing. I'd check again if I were you. I think it would be odd for one resort to get the ressie in their system at 10 days, and another at 3 days. I will know on the 19th, as that's our 10 day mark!

Brooke
brookness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #32
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmg1107 View Post
I think that Travelocity may have given you incorrect information... Do you have the email confirmation that Travelocity sent you after you booked? On this, about half-way down the page, there is a section labeled "Hotel". Under that is listed "Confirmation Number". This number is different than the Travelocity Trip ID. The confirmation number is for your Disney hotel, not Travelocity. I believe that once you are within 10 days, you can use this number to do online check-in as described by one of the previous posters.

I hope this helps.

I guess I just need to wait until Wednesday to see if this works. That is our 10 day mark. I was REALLY hoping that we could see the reservation in the system before that.

I had wondered if that confirmation number was for Disney. I knew it was different than the Travelocity Trip ID. I tried to use that number the other day, but it didn't work for me.....probably since I'm not within the 10 days.

Sometimes it is hard to be patient!

CBR - Sept 2001, offsite - May 2008 , CBR/AKL - Aug 2010, CSR/CBR - Aug 2011, CSR - Oct 2012, YC - Aug 2014
TaraBara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #33
brookness
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraBara View Post
I guess I just need to wait until Wednesday to see if this works. That is our 10 day mark. I was REALLY hoping that we could see the reservation in the system before that.

I had wondered if that confirmation number was for Disney. I knew it was different than the Travelocity Trip ID. I tried to use that number the other day, but it didn't work for me.....probably since I'm not within the 10 days.

Sometimes it is hard to be patient!
Tara,

I have the Trip ID and a different "hotel" confirmation number, BUT it's not a Disney number. I was able to get my Disney res # through Magical Express when I called to make that reservation. It doesn't match any of the numbers Travelocity sent me. If you're taking ME, then call them and see if they'll give it to you. If you're not...call the resort at your 10 day mark, and see if they'll give you your Disney res #. I'm not sure how else to get it, but if you have that number, you can still do the online check-in through the link a PP gave on Travelocity's site.

I might be as clear as mud on this one...I hope it makes sense.

Brooke
Old 08-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #34
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookness View Post
Tara,

I have the Trip ID and a different "hotel" confirmation number, BUT it's not a Disney number. I was able to get my Disney res # through Magical Express when I called to make that reservation. It doesn't match any of the numbers Travelocity sent me. If you're taking ME, then call them and see if they'll give it to you. If you're not...call the resort at your 10 day mark, and see if they'll give you your Disney res #. I'm not sure how else to get it, but if you have that number, you can still do the online check-in through the link a PP gave on Travelocity's site.

I might be as clear as mud on this one...I hope it makes sense.

Brooke
Bummer! All this conflicting info! I was really hoping that a previous poster was correct in saying that the Travelocity confirmation number was the one I needed for Disney! Oh well!

We are driving so we don't need ME. I'll just call my resort at the 10 day mark. I was planning on doing this anyway because I want to put a room request on my reservation. Hopefully, they will give me my reservation number and if not, we'll just do check-in when we get there. I guess it isn't a big deal either way.

I guess I thought it would feel a lot more real if I could see our reservation on the actual Disney site! This is what I get for wanting to save a couple hundred dollars!

CBR - Sept 2001, offsite - May 2008 , CBR/AKL - Aug 2010, CSR/CBR - Aug 2011, CSR - Oct 2012, YC - Aug 2014
Old 08-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #35
brookness
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Bummer! All this conflicting info! I was really hoping that a previous poster was correct in saying that the Travelocity confirmation number was the one I needed for Disney! Oh well!

We are driving so we don't need ME. I'll just call my resort at the 10 day mark. I was planning on doing this anyway because I want to put a room request on my reservation. Hopefully, they will give me my reservation number and if not, we'll just do check-in when we get there. I guess it isn't a big deal either way.

I guess I thought it would feel a lot more real if I could see our reservation on the actual Disney site! This is what I get for wanting to save a couple hundred dollars!
Hey, we saved quite a bit, so we did it, too! And we upgraded to preferred and still saved it, so that's a bonus. I know you're not taking ME, so you can't get the number from them. I'd call the hotel and just see if they have it yet. It can't hurt to try!

Using the link a PP gave out to the Travelocity site that links to online check in, I tried the WDW number and the Travelocity # (not the trip ID). I was able to see my ressie using the WDW number but not the other. That's the only way I know for sure that second confirmation number doesn't work. I actually thought until yesterday that I wouldn't be able to check-in online, and it wasn't a big deal. It's never been a really big problem for us, so I wasn't worried...just wanted to try something new and see if it was really beneficial. Now I'll get to! My bigger issue is that my mom and I both have rooms that were originally linked but since we changed to Travelocity, they're not, so we couldn't make any room requests at all. We really kinda need adjoining rooms, so as soon as I hit my 10 day mark (Thursday) I'll be calling to put requests on the ressie.

Brooke
Old 08-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #36
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

I retrived my Sep 30th Orbitz reservation via Disney website!!

Thank's all for this info!! After several attempts I was FINALLY able to retrieve my Orbitz ressie on the Disney website. When I came to this page (see below) I had to use the "Through a group or convention" and put in my Orbitz confirmation code. Voila!

Please tell us how you booked your stay:

Directly with Walt Disney World
Through your Travel Agent
Through a group or convention
Using a Disney Vacation Club membership

For any other booking methods, please contact your booking agent directy.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #37
tinkrebell
Disney Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
Thank's all for this info!! After several attempts I was FINALLY able to retrieve my Orbitz ressie on the Disney website. When I came to this page (see below) I had to use the "Through a group or convention" and put in my Orbitz confirmation code. Voila!

Please tell us how you booked your stay:

Directly with Walt Disney World
Through your Travel Agent
Through a group or convention
Using a Disney Vacation Club membership

For any other booking methods, please contact your booking agent directy.
Yup - I actually had to jump through similar hoops just to CANCEL and then re-book my ressie with Disney - I had originally booked a room only package through the website , but found out at my local AAA office that booking through them was not only a couple (and I do mean less than 20$) cheaper, but gave me some added perks - so they tried to ask me why I was cancelling, and why, and I told them my mother yelled at me that I hadn't used the AAA discount. But - from what I know (and I'm still over 3 weeks out, but can't confirm) the places with travel agents like AAA are working through a separate subsystem of Disney's travel site that allows them to do certain things, including pricing your quotes, making your reservations, etc. So, calling Disney will not allow you access to the specific subsystem of whatever travel agency you used, for example to add on things like DDP or Magical Express - you will always have to go through your travel agent so they get the entitlement/responsibility/whatever you'd like to call it on their dime and time. Fortunately, anyone can make an ADR without even needing your Disney res # =) I've made and switched mine at least half a dozen times already!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #38
kmg1107
Mouseketeer

I know this is confusing and some things are still up in the air, but I just keep telling myself that it is worth it because I saved so much money!

On a seperate note, for those who are using ME, how long did it take before you received your ME luggage tags? We are still waiting on ours.
kmg1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #39
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

It worked, it worked!!!!!!! I called today and was able to put a room request on my reservation. I was so excited that they could actually see my reservation!

Also, we are driving to WDW instead of flying so I never received the confirmation number on the ME tags. I called the reservation line today and once I gave my information, they were able to give me my reservation number. Now I can do online check-in and see my reservation right on the Disney site!

Old 08-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #40
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It worked, it worked!!!!!!! I called today and was able to put a room request on my reservation. I was so excited that they could actually see my reservation!

Also, we are driving to WDW instead of flying so I never received the confirmation number on the ME tags. I called the reservation line today and once I gave my information, they were able to give me my reservation number. Now I can do online check-in and see my reservation right on the Disney site!

I don't know what is wrong with my reservations. I have the Travelocity confirmation number and I have the Disney official confirmation number.

I am not able to access my reservation on the disney site at all. But, I was able to confirm by calling Disney, and I am able to do online checkin via the Travelocity link that was provided.

Weird....
Old 09-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #41
rocksinriots
Earning My Ears

Unhappy Nothing worked

Booked through Travelocity. I was not able to book online successfully. Called Disney and they told me I would have to do in person check in

If I want to request a room now can I call Pop?

rocksinriots

<---DW...&...Me--->

My 4th Trip to WDW and her 1st! September 2010 @ POP century!
rocksinriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:52 AM   #42
kmg1107
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksinriots View Post
Booked through Travelocity. I was not able to book online successfully. Called Disney and they told me I would have to do in person check in

If I want to request a room now can I call Pop?

rocksinriots
I just went through this (complicated) process as well. At the ten-day mark, I was not able to complete online check-in with any of the numbers on my ME tags or my travelocity confirmation number. I called Travelocity and asked for the Disney reservation #. They put me on hold, called Disney and obtained the number. From there, I was able to do online check-in by going to mydisneyreservation.com and clicking on "Through a group or convention".

When I called Disney reservations to make a room request, they were not able to find my reservation with the number that Travelocity obtained for me. This was at the 9 day mark.

On day 6, I called Disney again. I explained my situation to the CM, they gave me the direct line (not really direct, but close) to my resort. The CM there was able to look up my reservation by name and I was able to add the room requests and note our celebration on the reservation.

I check in tomorrow and will share our success once we check-in. I am now feeling much better and confident that we will have a great trip (at a great price thanks to the discounted Travelocity rate)!

I hope this info helps you!
kmg1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #43
rocksinriots
Earning My Ears

Exclamation Epic Fail For The Gnome

Emails for your entertainment...

I booked my Disney vacation with Travelocity because you have a reputation for great customer service. I have been let down. There is a link for online check in on your own website at the following link (bottom of page)...
http://leisure.travelocity.com/Promo...s_main,00.html
NOBODY with a Travelocity trip ID can do online check in. This requires a specific Disney reservation number. I tried calling customer service and the man who was helping me tried but failed to obtain the correct information for me.

It should be stated that online check in is not available to guests booking via Travelocity. The alternate solution would be to email Disney guests who have booked via Travelocity their actual Disney reservation number.

I will go ahead and check in at the desk and forgo the online check in but you have let me down.

----------------------------

Thank you for writing to Travelocity.

Trip Id : #
Destination : Orlando International, FL
Date of Travel : 20 Sep 2011
Walt Disney World - Confirmation #: #########

We sincerely apologize as our customer service representative could not assist you when you contacted them. We can certainly understand your disappointment. Please refer to the Walt Disney World confirmation number mentioned above. Your arrival to your Walt Disney World® Resort hotel by providing your check-in information on-line (10 days or less prior to your arrival). Once you have completed the on-line check-in, all you'll need to do is show your photo ID at the Hotel's Online Check-in Service location and receive your Key to the World card!

We hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,
Andrew T
Travelocity Customer Care
---------------------------------------

Hello Andrew T,

The previous customer service rep provided me with the same number you just did. It does not work whatsoever. I will attach a screen capture so you can see for yourself. My problem with this matter is not that I cannot check in online but the fact that your website falsely promises that I can. I already spoke with Disney today and was very satisfied with their level of service on this matter. The same cannot be said for my correspondence with Travelocity.

Upon searching the internet I found that this is not the first time guests have had a problem with online check in when booking with Travelocity. From one business person to another It is always best to under-promise and over-deliver.
---------------------------------------

So anyway as my email states Disboard friends I spoke with Disney today and they apologized for my troubles. The two people I spoke with today were the nicest customer service reps I have ever had the pleasure of speaking with. They added my anniversary celebration and my room requests to my reservation. I told the second woman I spoke with that I would hug her through the phone if I could. They both wished me a magical day! I love that!
I'm going to just check in at the check in counter and leave it at that.

I'm only 1 week away!
-rocksinriots

<---DW...&...Me--->

My 4th Trip to WDW and her 1st! September 2010 @ POP century!
rocksinriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #44
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecteacher82 View Post
I was just searching Travelocity for cheap hotels for our weekend Disney getaway and Pop came up as an option...for a great price....My question is, has anyone ever booked a Disney hotel through Travelocity? If so, did you have any problems when checking in, etc? Thanks!

Have tried several thru the years and several travel agencies and still like booking thru Disney direct or on line as if a promotion going on like now is free dining with rack rate. To me is one less hassle to go thru Disney direct. Pop is a fun resort but is very themed but we can stay at non themed other times so we like themed resorts when at WDW.

also if you just book room can pay one nitght when book if you take a package need to do the same but pay 45 days in full before arrival.
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #45
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

How does the process work for booking through hotels.com?
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: