Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #16
skifast22
DIS Veteran

Not for Disney, but I did use Travelocity to book the Hard Rock at Universal last year. Travelocity offered a 40% discount, which was even better than my AP discount. I didn't have any problems checking in. In fact, I just used Travelocity again just this past weekend to book at Royal Pacific at Universal for our next trip. I'd say, if the price your getting beats Disney's best, then go for it.

Only one suggestion, make sure you understand the rules. I believe the room was not refundable for me due to the discount. So if there's a chance travel plans could change, this could be very important
Old 08-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #17
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAlly View Post
Thank you! I booked via Orbitz and this is the first time I am able to see our ressie on Disney's website. What a relief

Are you within your 10 days? I tried it with my reservation and still, nothing shows up. It would be nice to know before 10 days.....but that is the nature of the beast when you book third party, and I am aware of that.

Thanks for this info though. It really helps out with the online checkin process, definitely.

I am still praying we get our ME documents. I haven't gotten any sort of confirmation, and I am not sure how long to wait to see if it comes in the mail before calling them.
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #18
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Plus I will get them a FL resdient pass once they get there.
Are you sure you can do this? My understanding is a FL resident can get passes for MINORs (under 18). I'm assuming your stepson & GF are older than that since they're traveling by themselves and getting their own room.

If my assumption is wrong, I apologize.
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #19
williamson_ja
DIS Veteran

We got our room at Pop through Expedia for our 1 night after our cruise. We got a great deal on it and didn't need dining plan or anything since it was just for one night after our cruise. It worked out just fine for me. I think if I was staying for a whole week and needed dining plan, etc. I would book through Disney, but for just 1 night it was fine.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #20
DiscussDisney
Let the magic begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmackeymouse View Post
Are you within your 10 days? I tried it with my reservation and still, nothing shows up. It would be nice to know before 10 days.....but that is the nature of the beast when you book third party, and I am aware of that.

Thanks for this info though. It really helps out with the online checkin process, definitely.

I am still praying we get our ME documents. I haven't gotten any sort of confirmation, and I am not sure how long to wait to see if it comes in the mail before calling them.
We are within 10 days. Our Orbitz ressie doesn't show up on Disney.com either. Tried both the Orbitz number and the Disney number. Neither work. Contacted Disney and they told me Orbitz ressies are locked for them that I should call the Hotel (Poly in this case) directly. Poly said they will have the reservation in their system 3 days before arrival and I should call back and confirm all my requests are there.

DiscussDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #21
IndianaPrincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscussDisney View Post
We are within 10 days. Our Orbitz ressie doesn't show up on Disney.com either. Tried both the Orbitz number and the Disney number. Neither work. Contacted Disney and they told me Orbitz ressies are locked for them that I should call the Hotel (Poly in this case) directly. Poly said they will have the reservation in their system 3 days before arrival and I should call back and confirm all my requests are there.
Did you try the directions that I posted? The regular online checkin won't work, but the special website and group checkin link should work for Orbitz. The stuff that you were told by Disney and Poly was exactly what I was told before I got this info about the mydisneyvacation spot.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #22
DiscussDisney
Let the magic begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaPrincess View Post
Did you try the directions that I posted? The regular online checkin won't work, but the special website and group checkin link should work for Orbitz. The stuff that you were told by Disney and Poly was exactly what I was told before I got this info about the mydisneyvacation spot.
Thanks IndianaPrincess. I must have overlooked that in your post. Yes, it worked via the link you provided. Thanks so much!!

Old 08-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #23
kaitlyn0616
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I booked a 2 night stay at Caribbean beach through Travelocity, I received my Magical Express booklet and the Disney ressie no. was on the yellow luggage tags, I used that 12 digit number to check-in and called the resort directly and used that number to make my room requests, I will be checking in on August 15th, I didi the online check-in on the 10th, the ressie no. should be the 2nd number on the tags.

[
kaitlyn0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #24
DisneyAlly
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I was able to see my reservation before 10 days. I used the link and followed the directions provided by IndianaPrincess.
DisneyAlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #25
DisneyAlly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscussDisney View Post
Thanks IndianaPrincess. I must have overlooked that in your post. Yes, it worked via the link you provided. Thanks so much!!
Glad to see you found your reservation! I was a little worried for you too.
DisneyAlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #26
griergirl2
Having entirely too much fun!!

Thank you sooo much for posting this!! We have a room only booked through that fabulous Orbitz deal a while back at the Contemporary-Magic Kingdom View and I was just able to pull it up on there using the number that was on our ME passes!! Soo excited it worked and that I can use it for on-line check in!!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #27
DiscussDisney
Let the magic begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAlly View Post
Glad to see you found your reservation! I was a little worried for you too.
I was a little worried too. Thanks for your help. I don't know how I missed IndianaPrincess's post. Anyway, looks like I'm all set. If I'm checking in on a Monday afternoon (2p), do you think online-check in is the way to go? Not sure how big the check-in lines are at the Poly that time of day on a Monday.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #28
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

It looks like I won't be able to do this because we are not flying. We are driving to Disney so I don't need the ME service. I called Travelocity and was told they don't have any kind of Disney confirmation number for me. I'm so disappointed. I guess I'll have to just call the resort at my 10 days out time to make sure they have the reservation in their system.

CBR - Sept 2001
offsite - May 2008
CBR/AKL - Aug/Sept 2010
CSR/CBR - Aug/Sept 2011
CSR - October 2012

TaraBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #29
tmarquez
DIS Veteran

You might want to call Travelocity back and talk to someone else. You can definately do online check in even if you aren't using Magical Express.

If you click on this link http://leisure.travelocity.com/Promo...s_main,00.html(it's a travelocity web page) you can see the link to online check in all the way down at the bottom on the right hand side. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraBara View Post
It looks like I won't be able to do this because we are not flying. We are driving to Disney so I don't need the ME service. I called Travelocity and was told they don't have any kind of Disney confirmation number for me. I'm so disappointed. I guess I'll have to just call the resort at my 10 days out time to make sure they have the reservation in their system.
tmarquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #30
kmg1107
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraBara View Post
I think that Travelocity may have given you incorrect information... Do you have the email confirmation that Travelocity sent you after you booked? On this, about half-way down the page, there is a section labeled "Hotel". Under that is listed "Confirmation Number". This number is different than the Travelocity Trip ID. The confirmation number is for your Disney hotel, not Travelocity. I believe that once you are within 10 days, you can use this number to do online check-in as described by one of the previous posters.

I hope this helps.
kmg1107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: