Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
eecteacher82
DIS Veteran

Booking Disney hotels through Travelocity?

I was just searching Travelocity for cheap hotels for our weekend Disney getaway and Pop came up as an option...for a great price....My question is, has anyone ever booked a Disney hotel through Travelocity? If so, did you have any problems when checking in, etc? Thanks!
eecteacher82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
PixieDustLove
Wife and Mommy to a Princess and Prince

i booked the wilderness lodge through orbitz once.. it was a standard room and it was a great rate. no problems at check in and we were actually given a courtyard view room! the only difference with book through those websites and disney is that that you usually have to pay the full amount at booking.. disney only has you pay the first night at booking.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
eecteacher82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustLove View Post
i booked the wilderness lodge through orbitz once.. it was a standard room and it was a great rate. no problems at check in and we were actually given a courtyard view room! the only difference with book through those websites and disney is that that you usually have to pay the full amount at booking.. disney only has you pay the first night at booking.
Thank you!
eecteacher82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
tlcslp
teacher moms rock!

Careful...we booked thru Expedia and b/c we didn't go thru WDW directly, there are ways they get you back! For instance, we CANNOT add a DP to our stay. We can't checkin online. Those are for "WDW travel clients only". Not huge, but enough to make us go thru WDW next time so we don't get punished!

super mom - DS(8) - DH
& Sully the Pug
tlcslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
KELLY
DIS Veteran

We went threw disney for our package. But my stepson and his GF live in Fl. they just told us they were coming 2 weeks ago. So we needed to get a room at pop. There was no availbilty unless we wanted to pay rack rate. So we went threw orbitz for his room since they are only going to be there 4 of the 10 days we are there. Plus I will get them a FL resdient pass once they get there. I saved 100.00 for 3 nights.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
Zerosinthecloset
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcslp View Post
Careful...we booked thru Expedia and b/c we didn't go thru WDW directly, there are ways they get you back! For instance, we CANNOT add a DP to our stay. We can't checkin online. Those are for "WDW travel clients only". Not huge, but enough to make us go thru WDW next time so we don't get punished!
We used Expedia for our February trip, and they provided our Disney reservation number to us 10 days before our trip so we could use online checkin. Able to checkin online with no problem.
Zerosinthecloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
DiscussDisney
Let the magic begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerosinthecloset View Post
We used Expedia for our February trip, and they provided our Disney reservation number to us 10 days before our trip so we could use online checkin. Able to checkin online with no problem.
Did you have to call Expedia for the number or did they automatically email it to you? Thanks.

DiscussDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscussDisney View Post
Did you have to call Expedia for the number or did they automatically email it to you? Thanks.
I booked our upcoming trip via Expedia about a month ago. When I checked the itinerary a few days after booking it, the Disney reservation number had been added right underneath Expedia's reservation number.

I used the Disney res. number when booking Magical Express online that same week and it worked without any issues -- got our packet yesterday.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #9
jcriket
DIS Veteran

We got POR from Travelocity with no problems, Disney had nothing for us, a few weeks out. It kinda makes me wonder though is the reason I can't get a room because these places have bought up all the rooms. There was a time I could call Disney on a Friday night and get rooms for that week end with a Passholder rate. Not no more.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

We did a room only through Expedia and had problems.

We booked a club level room and I had my Expedia printed confirmation. When we got to Yacht Club they had it as a standard room. It was late on a weekend night. Even though I had my printout from Expedia, Disney said they could do nothing but go by what was in their system. I had to pay the difference to upgrade to a club level room and then I had to deal with Expedia after I got home (I could have tried to do the next day but didn't want to hassle with it while on vacation). Even worse, Yacht Club club level was full so we had to transfer to Beach Club and I don't like their club near as well.

Expedia was very nice and was able to give me a credit for the amount I had to pay twice but it was not the way I wanted to start a vacation (and my opinion of Beach Club club level didn't improve as this was our second stay there); our check in took forever as Disney tried to figure out a way to fix it and get us moved to where there was availability.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
IndianaPrincess
Mouseketeer

I had a very nice CM walk me through how to do online check-in with an expedia reservation. First you got to have your disney confirmation number - I found this right under my expedia confirmation number in "My Itineraries" on my expedia account.

Then you go to:
http://mydisneyreservation.com/

and click on the link "Through a group or convention" under the "Please tell us how you booked your stay:" area.

That's it! Just input your info! She said that this was the process for expedia, orbitz and travelocity.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:53 PM   #12
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaPrincess View Post
I had a very nice CM walk me through how to do online check-in with an expedia reservation. First you got to have your disney confirmation number - I found this right under my expedia confirmation number in "My Itineraries" on my expedia account.

Then you go to:

and click on the link "Through a group or convention" under the "Please tell us how you booked your stay:" area.

That's it! Just input your info! She said that this was the process for expedia, orbitz and travelocity.
Awesome! Thanks for this information! We booked a split stay between CBR and AKL through Travelocity. I will definitely try this out next week to see if it works for me! Yay!!!!

CBR - Sept 2001, offsite - May 2008 , CBR/AKL - Aug 2010, CSR/CBR - Aug 2011, CSR - Oct 2012, YC - Aug 2014
TaraBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:26 AM   #13
DisneyAlly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaPrincess View Post

Then you go to:

Thank you! I booked via Orbitz and this is the first time I am able to see our ressie on Disney's website. What a relief
DisneyAlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:05 AM   #14
Zerosinthecloset
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscussDisney View Post
They emailed it to me.
Zerosinthecloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #15
kmg1107
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the info on online check-in. Very helpful!

We recently booked through Travelocity for a stay at POFQ in September. We do not need park tickets and booked a standard room. For four nights, it saved us about $145, even on top of the current Disney 40% off summer special. For us, it was well worth it... If we had specific requests or needs, I would go through Disney but our reservation is pretty basic so I did not hesitate in saving money!
kmg1107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: