Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

21 day dining plan tour - intro & day 1

TRIP INDEX

DAY 2 - Universal Studios & Wizzarding World of Harry Potter
DAY 3 - Harry Potter - Disney's Old Key West Resort - Raglan Road
DAY 4 - Magic Kingdom - Florida Mall - The Wave
DAY 5 - EPCOT - Yachtman Steakhouse
DAY 6 - Magic Kingdom - Les Chefs de France
DAY 7 - Disney Hollywood Studios - Yak N Yeti
DAY 8 - Earl of Sandwich - SeaWorld
DAY 9 - Chef Mickey's - Prime Outlets Shopping- DIS meet
DAY 10 - Premium Outlets/Mall @ Millenia - Le Cellier - Magic Kingdom Electrical Parade
DAY 11 - Port Orleans Riverside - Florida Mall/Mall @ Millenia - Tony' s Town Square Restaurant
DAY 12 - Typhoon Lagoon - Hoop Dee Doo Review
DAY 13 - Downtown Disney - California Grill
DAY 14 - Animal Kingdom - 50's Prime Time Cafe
DAY 15 - Aquatica - EPCOT Stroll Around The World
DAY 16 - Rest Day - Magic Kingdom Wishes + Extra Magic Hours
DAY 17 - Celebration Town - Akershus
DAY 18 - Downtown Disney - Mama Melrose with Fantasmic!
DAY 19 - Fantasia Miniature Golf - Grand Floridian Cafe
DAY 20 - EPCOT - The Cheesecake Factory
DAY 21 - Magic Kingdom - Sanaa - Magic Kingdom
DAY 22 - Cocoa Beach - Ron Jon's Surf Shop - Port Canaveral - DIS meet
DAY 23 - Typhoon Lagoon - 1900 Park Fare
DAY 24 - THE FINALE - Magic Kingdom - Orlando International Airport - Home

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the poor spelling and bad grammar, but as this is my first (and possibly last) trippie, I decided to do it on the spare of the moment, 5 days into our holiday.

I have spent hours and hours enjoying other people’s stories and learning lessons, so I felt obliged to hopefully return the favour!

Cast members are
Nigel (DISWolves)
DW – Sue
DD – Emma

DAY 1 - Outbound Journey - Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek

Today was an early get up for me, as I didn’t sleep too well. At around 4:30 I decided to do the final bag checks, and very soon Sue and Emma were awake also. We set off for Manchester Airport at around 07:30. Our flight wasn’t until 13:45, but I’d rather wait there than being stuck in a traffic jam on the M6. I had checked in online the previous day for our Virgin Economy flight and also pre-booked 24 day parking at the short stay multi-story terminal 2 car park. I relied on the trusty TomTom to guide me there. We had to wait for our bag drop to open, as the 10:25 departure was still checking in.
After bag drop we went through security into departures and sorted our breakfast (sorry no pics as we are not there yet!) After a few laps of browsing the duty free shops, it was soon time to board ‘Ruby Tuesday’ for our journey to Orlando International.

RUBY TUESDAY AT 40,000FT ACROSS THE ATLANTIC

The flight departed about 30 minutes late, but the Captain announced that the flight time would be 8 hours 10 minutes. From past visits I thought he was an hour out, but I was proved to be wrong.
Food was the usual bland offerings, but hey!, we are on our way to Florida – this was a small price to pay. We landed at around 17:10 local time and made our way to immigration. As I had read on other trippies, they have taken a leaf out of Disney’s book and the queue zig-zags until you reach the front and then you are steered to a waiting desk. Onto baggage claim and we had collected 2 suitcases within a few minutes. Things were looking good, only the canvas holdall now to collect. 5 – 10 – 15 minutes wait. The conveyor feeding the carousel now stopped. Lots of people were complaining of missing luggage. Sue and Emma went to check the Upper Class / PE bags, but no joy. I forgot to mention earlier, that I take quite a lot of electrical items with me (cameras, video, laptop, phone chargers, sat nav, extension leads)
I always pack these together in a clear plastic bag and expect the bag to be opened at security. This year was no exception, since at Manchester bag drop I was asked to take this bag to the security. Anyway, back to the missing bag crisis, I suddenly realised that if the bag had gone missing, all of my electrical items would be next to useless for the whole holiday. After around 1 hour wait, an announcement was made apologising for the delay. It appears that the doors had been closed to the conveyor, so the baggage handlers could not load them. Sue finally got the missing bag from the PE carousel – Panic over!
A fast beeline to the garage, and we were at Dollar Express kiosk to collect the car. Again, this was pre-booked via a glitch that I think Martin (burt) or Wayne (wayneg) had found many months before.

FORD EXPLORER

We collected a big blue Ford Explorer. As I am only 5ft 5in I needed an oxygen mask to get into the driver’s seat!. With luggage loaded we were soon on our way. Usually on each visit, we have some sort of surprise for Emma, and this year was no different. I had booked 2 nights at Loews Royal Pacific Resort again via a mis-price posted on DIS boards (thanks Wayne!).
We arrived at the hotel and parked in the $15 per day parking lot. Check-in was quick and we were allocated room 2225. One thing I noticed that two half used bars of soap were still in the shower and sink from the previous guests, also the lighting in the room was quite poor, and this was made even worse by two bulbs above one bed were not working.

ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT - QUEEN ROOM

RPR FOUNTAIN GARDEN NEAR TO LOBBY

ONE OF THE MUSICAL FROGS - HOTEL ENTRANCE

WALKWAY FROM RPR TO CITY WALK

We decided to try the walkway into City Walk in preparation for our next morning early start in search of WWHP attraction. On the way out I called at the front desk to inform them of my findings and I was told it would be “put right – straight away”
I sent a text to Wayne, Karen and Matt to let them know that we had arrived; we arranged to meet in the hotel lobby at 22:00. We spent awhile exchanging stories of our journeys here, and then we decided to go to bed since it was really 3.00 am in UK. We arrived in our room and no one had been to sort the problems and in the meantime we also discovered a day old newspaper in the waste bin and to top it off, there was a long hair under the pillow!. For those of you that do not know me, I do not have any hair longer than 0.1” and the few that I do have are very precious!. Back to the lobby, and the assistant assured me this time that all would be fixed immediately.
To save hanging around, we caught the boat into City Walk and decided to eat.
Sue: Fries + coke
Emma: Fires + coke
Nigel: Chinese meal – Kung Po chicken, orange chicken in batter with rice. + coke
We caught the boat back to the resort and made our way to our room. Surprise!, three new bars of soap had been delivered, but the used ones were still in the soap dishes, and to top it off, the light bulbs had still not been changed.
It had been a long long day, so we decided it was time for bed.

Last edited by DISWolves; 02-14-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: NEW DAY ADDED
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

Great start! Shame about RPR - there has been a few iffy reviews of it on here- looks gorgeous though.
Looking forward to reading more
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2010, 01:18 AM   #3
Sweet Pea UK
DIS Veteran

Great start!! Well ... Not the used soap, that's just gross, but it's great to have another TR to read. Hope RPR comes good.
Sweet Pea UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:18 AM   #4
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

such a shame that you had to ask to have the room matters sorted and they were still not done right, oh dear. hope it gets better for you.I quite fancy 2 nigths at RPR. a dis meet on your 1st day- respect
Old 08-12-2010, 02:36 AM   #5
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Not very good service at all.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:47 AM   #6
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Great start shame about the room
Old 08-12-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Great start! Shame about RPR.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
cannp123165
Very Quizzical

Great start - shame about the room though!
DLR: 2009
DCL: August 2011 (Med)
cannp123165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #9
jamjar84
DIS Veteran

Great start, shame about the hotel.
jamjar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #10
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Looks like you are having a good time .Shame about the room though and thats not good to have to complain straight away.I have heard people say they have had a few issues with their rooms at RPR. At least they sorted it eventually.Glad you are all havin a good time.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Great start, love your pic of the clouds

What a shame you had to complain so many times to before your room was sorted
Old 08-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
cazzie
DIS Veteran

Greqt stqrt but a shame about the hotel.
April 2005 - Rodeway Inn International - September 2005 - Radisson Barcelo International Drive - May 2006 - Pop Century - September 2006 - All Star Music - January 2007 - All Star Movies September 2007 - All Star Movies - January 2008 - All Star Sports - December 2008 - All Star Movies - September 2009 - POFQ - September 2010 - OKW - January 2011 - OKW - November 2011 - OKW, GF & AKL - May 2012 - Kidani, OKW - January 2013 - OKW & Kidani
cazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #13
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Great start, but shame about the poor service

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #14
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Fab start As others have said, shame about the hotel room! I hope they fixed it and you got settled in fine!
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #15
suzycute
DIS Veteran

Great start to your trip report ! As others have said, how disappointing to hear about the less than clean condition of your room

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: