Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #121
Cinderumbrella
Wench

I just want to add a big DITTO to all the comments about Dee's taking command of the new thread and getting it up and running and 100% accurate!! What a huge undertaking and a huge thanks from this BC/YC newbie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
They are running a test up on club level. The lounge will now be open with drinks and snacks all night long. So at 2 AM if you want a soda or iced tea, go for it! The lounge will still be closed during "change overs" but CMs are suppose to get you anything you need or would like during those few times that the lounge is closed for cleaning and change of items - JUST ASK! For those of you that are on club level, please, if you like this change, then make sure you tell a manager. Seek them out! Whether they are upstairs on the 5th floor or whether you need to find them in/around the lobby, make sure you let them know you like it. I have no idea how long this test period will last.

What a great change!!!!!!!! I hope that all of the CL lounges follow along!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 08-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #122
ibcnu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janloz View Post
Hopefully they will still be offering in 31 days when we arrive. I am early riser and DH is not except the day he has to take DS to TL for surfing lesson that start at 6:30am He already asked where he can get coffee. We will be sure to let manager know if it is.
If I remember correctly, when we stayed at CL last week the CM told us that coffee is available outside the lounge between 6:30am-7:00am, then the lounge opened at 7am. So, yes, you can get coffee on CL at 6:30am.

EDIT TO ADD: Oh, he needs to be at TL by 6:30am. For Club Level guests, there are coffee pots and all the necessities to make coffee in your room, if need be.
4/2011 - All-Star Sports Resort for Cheerleading Worlds

Last edited by ibcnu; 08-13-2010 at 11:36 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2010, 11:43 AM   #123
Dustin & Shelby's Mom
DIS Veteran
Lives in paradise, can the TFs come visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS
They are running a test up on club level. The lounge will now be open with drinks and snacks all night long. So at 2 AM if you want a soda or iced tea, go for it! The lounge will still be closed during "change overs" but CMs are suppose to get you anything you need or would like during those few times that the lounge is closed for cleaning and change of items - JUST ASK! For those of you that are on club level, please, if you like this change, then make sure you tell a manager. Seek them out! Whether they are upstairs on the 5th floor or whether you need to find them in/around the lobby, make sure you let them know you like it. I have no idea how long this test period will last.
Didn't see the answer as to if this test is running in the Yacht Club as well. We will be there next week, so I hope it continues. . . .
Old 08-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #124
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
Same resort, same management, same everything except the decor. SAB might be a few steps closer to YC. BC is a few steps closer to IG. BC has Marketplace. YC saves a few steps to the shuttle boat. Really gets down to being in the BC which might be a little lighter and a little noisier or the "dark side" with a little more quiet. Oh, by the way, with the BC you have a 50/50 shot at a full balcony while the YC you are almost certain to get one if that is important to you.
Thanks for this info. I guess I'll write down these little differences and we've all vote, LOL. It's win win either way. Thanks!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #125
micheleq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
I just want to add a big DITTO to all the comments about Dee's taking command of the new thread and getting it up and running and 100% accurate!! What a huge undertaking and a huge thanks from this BC/YC newbie!!

What a great change!!!!!!!! I hope that all of the CL lounges follow along!
Can I add a ditto lol? Thanks Dee for the thread and all the info. Teena, my DH is going to be psyched to hear he can get coffee earlier than 7 am!

And thanks for the pictures of the kiddie slide! My girls are going to love that.

Someone mentioned hot tubs...is there one at the QP @ YC? I am thinking not, but never hurts to ask.

Can't wait. A little over two months until our trip

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13
Old 08-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #126
janloz
Wishing I was at WDW now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcnu View Post
If I remember correctly, when we stayed at CL last week the CM told us that coffee is available outside the lounge between 6:30am-7:00am, then the lounge opened at 7am. So, yes, you can get coffee on CL at 6:30am.

EDIT TO ADD: Oh, he needs to be at TL by 6:30am. For Club Level guests, there are coffee pots and all the necessities to make coffee in your room, if need be.
thanks. I am sure he will be able to find something. He can smell coffee from a mile away.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #127
bean bunny
Mouseketeer

Live from the yacht club! *Having a great trip! *Love the hotel . The resort delivered strawberries and a big white chocolate Mickey as a gift for our 10th anniversary. So sweet! *They also gave us buttons and everyone says happy anniversary and what reminds me I'm at Disney is that every time it sounds sincere! *

Crowds haven't been bad. *And since this is our first summer trip it was a welcomed surprise. *We went to extra magic hours at mk yesterday and had ridden 7 rides by 11:00. *It's hot of course but we expected it being august.*

We had in room dining one night and it was great. Were planning to try cape may tonight.*

Room location is nice on 4th floor have view of courtyard and were able to see the mk fireworks through the trees last night.

Excuse any errors typing away on my iPhone while my husband rides rip ride rock it.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:48 PM   #128
TinkermomX2
Mouseketeer

1 week until we are headed to the BC So excited and sure i will see a bunch of you there
Old 08-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #129
WDW4us2006
DIS Veteran

We are leaving for the Beach Club in the morning!
I can't believe the day is almost here!

I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone who posts here, and thank you all for the unbelievable information on my favorite place! We love, love, love, the Beach Club, and I promise to post updates for those who will be arriving after us. If there's anything you think you might want/need while I'm there, I would be happy to oblige...

natebenma, if you need any other photos, just send me a PM, would be happy to get them for you.

--Linda
Coronado Springs - 1999, 2005, 2014
Dolphin - 2013
Beach Club - 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2013, March, June & August 2014!!

Disneyland Hotel - 2007
Old 08-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #130
momof3cuteboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean bunny View Post
Live from the yacht club! *Having a great trip! *Love the hotel . The resort delivered strawberries and a big white chocolate Mickey as a gift for our 10th anniversary. So sweet! *They also gave us buttons and everyone says happy anniversary and what reminds me I'm at Disney is that every time it sounds sincere! *

Crowds haven't been bad. *And since this is our first summer trip it was a welcomed surprise. *We went to extra magic hours at mk yesterday and had ridden 7 rides by 11:00. *It's hot of course but we expected it being august.*

We had in room dining one night and it was great. Were planning to try cape may tonight.*

Room location is nice on 4th floor have view of courtyard and were able to see the mk fireworks through the trees last night.

Excuse any errors typing away on my iPhone while my husband rides rip ride rock it.
Glad to hear you are having a great time. It's great to hear updates from people while on vacation.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #131
WDW4us2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean bunny View Post

I can't wait to join you! Sounds like a magical trip so far....have a great time!
Coronado Springs - 1999, 2005, 2014
Dolphin - 2013
Beach Club - 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2013, March, June & August 2014!!

Disneyland Hotel - 2007
Old 08-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #132
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info regarding club level, Teena! It's all part of this thread's conspiracy to get our family to try CL next trip instead of standard.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #133
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Happy Anniversary, bean bunny! Thanks for the live report, and keep enjoying!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #134
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post
Can a microwave be requested in the room at the Yacht Club? I am getting a cm saying that we cannot request one but she didn't seem too sure herself.

I know that I have read they are available at the Polynesian but haven't paid attention if they were available at other resorts. Since the YC doesn't have a food court we don't have that option

Thanks
Yes. Once you check in, just press housekeeping on your phone and ask for one to be sent to your room.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #135
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Teena, Is this at the YC also?
As far as I know it's on both sides.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: