Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 06:13 AM   #91
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I don't know much about the Quiet Pools. Is there one QP, 2 (Yacht and Beach) or 3 (one at the Villas too)?

I believe they are open 24 hours a day.

Lifeguard at any time?

Anything else I should know about them?

Are there Hot Tubs anywhere in either SAB or the Quiet Pools? Where?

Thanks!!!
Each resort has a quiet pool with hot tub. There are 3. No lifeguards. They are open 24/7.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:15 AM   #92
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
Problem with fire alarms is that they are too often ignored because they are too often false alarms. Happens all the time with the system at the office. Happens to me at hotels where guests have had one too many and trip an alarm on purpose at 2 in the morning.

Glad to hear that dinner went well. How's the DIS meets going? I'm betting they are keeping you busy.
Only had that one meet scheduled definitely. I'm hoping someone lets me know if another one gets scheduled.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #93
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

For the information page at the beginning:

Martha's Vineyard now opens at 5 PM (to coincide with Cape May's new opening hour of 5 PM).

The Presidential Suite at the BC has changed it's beds. The master suite has a king, the second bedroom has two doubles and a study with a daybed, so it will sleep 7.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:36 AM   #94
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
For the information page at the beginning:

Martha's Vineyard now opens at 5 PM (to coincide with Cape May's new opening hour of 5 PM).

The Presidential Suite at the BC has changed it's beds. The master suite has a king, the second bedroom has two doubles and a study with a daybed, so it will sleep 7.
Thanks! I will make those changes and please keep them coming. I think the links to the restaurant menus disappeared, so I will have to add those back in.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:36 AM   #95
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

They are running a test up on club level. The lounge will now be open with drinks and snacks all night long. So at 2 AM if you want a soda or iced tea, go for it! The lounge will still be closed during "change overs" but CMs are suppose to get you anything you need or would like during those few times that the lounge is closed for cleaning and change of items - JUST ASK! For those of you that are on club level, please, if you like this change, then make sure you tell a manager. Seek them out! Whether they are upstairs on the 5th floor or whether you need to find them in/around the lobby, make sure you let them know you like it. I have no idea how long this test period will last.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #96
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They are running a test up on club level. The lounge will now be open with drinks and snacks all night long. So at 2 AM if you want a soda or iced tea, go for it! The lounge will still be closed during "change overs" but CMs are suppose to get you anything you need or would like during those few times that the lounge is closed for cleaning and change of items - JUST ASK! For those of you that are on club level, please, if you like this change, then make sure you tell a manager. Seek them out! Whether they are upstairs on the 5th floor or whether you need to find them in/around the lobby, make sure you let them know you like it. I have no idea how long this test period will last.
WOW!!! Does that mean coffee at 4:30 AM??? That is fantastic news!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:05 AM   #97
LaurieN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WOW, I hope this is something that stays around since my trip is still over a year away. I am a HORRIBLE sleeper and it's even worse when I'm not at home. This would give me somewhere to go in the middle of the night when everyone else is sleeping and I'm laying there wide awake. It's either that or the lobby

Laurie
Old 08-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #98
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Can a microwave be requested in the room at the Yacht Club? I am getting a cm saying that we cannot request one but she didn't seem too sure herself.

I know that I have read they are available at the Polynesian but haven't paid attention if they were available at other resorts. Since the YC doesn't have a food court we don't have that option

Thanks
Old 08-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #99
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Teena, Is this at the YC also?
Old 08-13-2010, 07:20 AM   #100
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Dee, just wanted to say how great this thread is. You have done a fantastic job!!! I will be at the Yc in just 5 days and will try to get some pictures for you. Thank you again for the wonderful information you are providing.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #101
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Are the mattress new at YC? Are they comfortable? We stayed at AKL and beds was horrible but we stayed at GF and beds were comfortable (for anyone that stayed at YC and GF please share experience with beds).

Are the bedsheet good, AKL bedsheets was rough.
Thank you...my husband is asking me to switch to Swan b/c of his horrible experience with the beds at AKL
Anyone? Please tell me its comfortable and I can just relax.
Thank you

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Old 08-13-2010, 07:43 AM   #102
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Anyone? Please tell me its comfortable and I can just relax.
Thank you
The new beds at BC are really great, I presume these are the same at YC. New mattresses as of the renovations within the past year or two. Much improved over the previous bedding!! We have also stayed at AKL and the new bedding at Y&BC is really great, no worries.

DH Me DS22 DS18 and Max wags his tail for the Gaels - Go St. Joe!

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
* 01/08 (mother/daughter trip) - POR * 08/08 - YC * 04/09 (ladies trip) - Dolphin * 07/10 - BC * 9/13 - YC*
Old 08-13-2010, 07:45 AM   #103
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post
Can a microwave be requested in the room at the Yacht Club? I am getting a cm saying that we cannot request one but she didn't seem too sure herself.

I know that I have read they are available at the Polynesian but haven't paid attention if they were available at other resorts. Since the YC doesn't have a food court we don't have that option

Thanks
We have never requested one, but the information previously from this thread and others states you can indeed request a micorwave. Hopefully someone will chime in with 100% assurance on this.

DH Me DS22 DS18 and Max wags his tail for the Gaels - Go St. Joe!

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
* 01/08 (mother/daughter trip) - POR * 08/08 - YC * 04/09 (ladies trip) - Dolphin * 07/10 - BC * 9/13 - YC*
Old 08-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #104
disneysmyhappyplace
Mouseketeer

Hi we are coming in six days and I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the t-shirt activity? I think it is t-dying. Do you have to bring your own shirt and how much does it cost? Do they know how to make those cool mickey head t-dye t-shirts? Any info. would be much appreciated

Me DH DS DS DD
Old 08-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #105
disneysmyhappyplace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This is great news. We are staying CL next week. Do you think that the test will still be running then?

Me DH DS DS DD
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: