Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #61
lucas
°o°

Hey, I found ya'll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janloz View Post
For those with questions about SAB, I found this great video on Youtube where they actually took their waterproof video camera through SAB and down the slide. Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFPvc...eature=related
Wow - thanks for posting the video. I saw that person had some more installments on youtube. So far I looked at installment #1 (their arrival day). You should see the neat illustrations they have done with the video - FANTASTIC!!

And they were staying BC CL - they also show the lounge offerings and evening cordials, too. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEArk...eature=related

What a cute, happy couple!

Last edited by lucas; 08-12-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #62
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Everything is working

Dee, thanks for all the hard work on getting this switched over to the new thread. All links and all thumbnail pictures are working fine for me.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #63
janloz
Wishing I was at WDW now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Hey, I found ya'll!

Wow - thanks for posting the video. I saw that person had some more installments on youtube. So far I looked at installment #1 (their arrival day). You should see the neat illustrations they have done with the video - FANTASTIC!!

And they were staying BC CL - they also show the lounge offerings and evening cordials, too. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEArk...eature=related

What a cute, happy couple!
I agree, I looked at the others with BC in them after this one, really cute. I love how she used Google Earth and then would go to live video plus the added animations are great. It helped me to understand how close BC is to IG and more about BC and CL lounge since we will be staying CL this trip.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #64
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for the movie info and the photo of the kiddie slide. I'm not comfortable using this picture on this thread since it is copyrighted and comes from another website.

Anyone have a picture of the kiddie slide area that I can use??? Please post here or PM me with permission to use it.
I haven't looked through the photo thread yet, so maybe there is something there.

Thanks!

Dee
Here are pics of kiddie slide. Finally downloaded pics from recent trip to photobucket:

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
* 01/08 (mother/daughter trip) - POR * 08/08-YC * 4/09 (ladies trip)-Dolphin * 07/10-BC * 9/13-YC* 4/14-WL*

Last edited by HockeyMomR; 08-12-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #65
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Here are pics of kiddie slide.
Perfect! Thank you!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #66
PaDisneyCouple
DIS Veteran

Found our way home!

And, in case it wasn't already answered: on the last page of the closed thread, there was a pearl question. I recall seeing a pick a pearl-type stand between the ship (where the slides are) and the boat dock. I think its right next to the ship, before the walkway crosses the creek out of Stormalong Bay.
10/10 BC Club Level 10-11/11 Dream 4-night & CR 3-night 10/12 Dream 4-night 10/13 Fantasy 7-night Eastern
10/14 Fantasy 7-night Eastern

Old 08-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #67
pixiesnake
Mouseketeer

Great job on the new thread! Thanks for all the hard work!
Beach Club Villas - Nov 2010
Boardwalk Villas - Nov 2011
Contemporary - April 1993 (DH Proposed), April 1994
Coronado Springs - April 2008
Port Orleans French Quarter - Jan 2009
Port Orleans Riverside - July 2004, Oct 2007, Jan 2009
Pop - Jan 2005, April 2005, Jan 2006, Sept 2006, Dec 2006, Feb 2007, May 2007, Jan 2008, August 2008, Oct 2008, Aug 2009, Oct 2009, Jan 2010, Jan 2011, Jan 2012
Old 08-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #68
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the little slide photos, Hockeymom! I think they will be a great resource for those with little kids concerned about the safety of the "big slide!" Hopefully, more families will be able to enjoy it as much as we do!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #69
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Awesome thread!

I have a dumb question - we just decided last night we'd stay at YC or BC for our family vacation (in 3 years haha) instead of WL - now how do you decide between the YC and the BC? So far the only difference I see is the color of the buildings? Am I missing something?

Old 08-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #70
wdisneyaholic
DIS Veteran

Just hopping on the train

Can I say how much I love this thread and the YC:
Old 08-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #71
paulfam
Earning My Ears

When was this resort last renovated? When I look at pics I see wood headboards with white spreads and some brass with pink and green. We have a standard view room what should we expect to have in our room?

Beach Club- New Lobby
Yacht Club- Exterior (especially a view from the Boardwalk vantage point, with lighthouse in photo)- I know, picky picky.
Yacht Club- Lobby
SAB-Whirl Pool, Hot Tubs
Kiddie Slide (maybe HockeyMom) and Playground
Campfire (I have one taken during the day, looking for one with FIRE)
Movies on the Beach
Arcade
Health Club

Quiet Pool(s)

Beach Club Villas- exterior

At some point I will get room photos up, but this is not one of my priorities.

PM me if you have any of these photos to put into the FAQ section. I can credit you by screen name, real name or not at all.

If you see any information that needs to updated or changed, please PM me!

Anyone know the August movie schedule and time??? I will try to keep this updated monthly.

We're chatters! I know we can't go very long without having a home thread!

Thanks!!!

Dee[/QUOTE]
Old 08-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #72
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
The Yacht Club and Beach Club just had a fire alarm this morning at approximately 6:30 a.m. We all evacuated the buildings through the stairway. Boy, was that scary at first! Come to find out it was a FALSE ALARM!!! Ugh! I would love to know what exactly happened. Teena, would you happen to know.

Thanks!
Brunette
It wasn't really a false alarm. There was no fire but an electrical panel behind some wall or something set it off. It could have been serious had an alarm not gone off and they found what it was. We do not ever have drills where guests are evacuated. So if an alarm goes off, leave immediately ... it is not a drill. Something is definitely wrong. Thank goodness it turned out okay.

Something similar happened six months ago but during the day. People wouldn't leave that were checking in ... I was screaming "IT IS NOT A DRILL ... IT IS REAL."

During the time I've been there (6+ years), while I was working nobody set off an alarm as a prank. The two times the alarms did go off it was because something was wrong. Obviously the system is working correctly.

We have to evacuate in cases like this ... totally for the safety of the guests.

I've been evacuated from a large hotel in Las Vegas once. That was very scary.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #73
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Made the change about the smores.

Question about room categories- on the former page, it listed a club level lagoon room and stated it could fit 4 plus instead of the 5 plus listed for the other categories.

I am going to change this to CL water view. Should the sleeping arrangement be 4+ or 5+?

Thanks!

How was dinner last night?
At the BC (not sure about the YC), we have never been able to sell a CL lagoon view to families larger than 4. So it is definitely 4. The plus means a child under 3.

Dinner at Cape May with my Disboard pals was fantastic. Bob and I ate way too much though. It doesn't get any better ... a great meal with great people!

Last edited by TeenaS; 08-12-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #74
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Thanks for starting the new thread. In just a couple of months we check into the BC for the first time...I cannot wait!!!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 08-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #75
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
At the BC (not sure about the YC), we have never been able to sell a CL lagoon view to families larger than 4. So it is definitely 4. The plus means a child under 3.

Dinner at Cape May with my Disboard pals was fantastic. Bob and I ate way too much though. It doesn't get any better ... a great meal with great people!
Ok, I will keep it at 4+ (the + is explained in the listing)

Just one more question (at least for now). Should the rooms at Club Level at YC and BC be listed as Water View Club Level, Water or Pool View Club Level or Lagoon View Club Level? They are listed as Water or Pool View for the regular rooms.

Since the resort is going through all of the trouble of reclassifying , I would like to make sure I get the listings as accurate as possible.

And thanks to everyone for your pictures and feedback. I really had a great starting point with all of the information and links on the previous thread, but I am so glad to see pictures again!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: