Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:19 AM   #31
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Six more days!!!!! Can't wait to meet Teena.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:28 AM   #32
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

The Yacht Club and Beach Club just had a fire alarm this morning at approximately 6:30 a.m. We all evacuated the buildings through the stairway. Boy, was that scary at first! Come to find out it was a FALSE ALARM!!! Ugh! I would love to know what exactly happened. Teena, would you happen to know.

Thanks!
Brunette
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2010, 06:38 AM   #33
ibcnu
Mouseketeer

We checked out of the Beach Club on Tuesday and are home now. LOVED LOVED LOVED the Yacht and Beach Club. I could not get my kids out of Stormalong Bay to visit the parks!!! We also stayed Club Level and loved everything about it. The CMs at the Beach Club were wonderful, sweet, and very helpful. We can't wait to go back and will stay here again next June if all goes as planned. Numerous times I overheard people walking around who were visiting the BC or YC with dinner ressie say how they wished they were staying at the YC or BC, too.

There is SO MUCH to do in this area, the resorts are a hidden gem!!
4/2011 - All-Star Sports Resort for Cheerleading Worlds
Old 08-12-2010, 06:48 AM   #34
liltoot
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for all the hard work Dee. Love this thread. Have a great time to everyone who is there and heading out soon.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:08 AM   #35
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Yes, I think you should include the new room view categories. I understand it's listed on Disney's website now along with pricing.

On the marshmallows on the Beach, hopefully somebody there now can confirm, but I heard they were free.
Made the change about the smores.

Question about room categories- on the former page, it listed a club level lagoon room and stated it could fit 4 plus instead of the 5 plus listed for the other categories.

I am going to change this to CL water view. Should the sleeping arrangement be 4+ or 5+?

Thanks!

How was dinner last night?
Old 08-12-2010, 07:43 AM   #36
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Joining in on the new thread -- thanks for getting this started!

I'm still checking every day for a Garden View room in January - so far I'm still only seeing water view so the wait continues.

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
Old 08-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #37
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcnu View Post
We checked out of the Beach Club on Tuesday and are home now. LOVED LOVED LOVED the Yacht and Beach Club. I could not get my kids out of Stormalong Bay to visit the parks!!! We also stayed Club Level and loved everything about it. The CMs at the Beach Club were wonderful, sweet, and very helpful. We can't wait to go back and will stay here again next June if all goes as planned. Numerous times I overheard people walking around who were visiting the BC or YC with dinner ressie say how they wished they were staying at the YC or BC, too.

There is SO MUCH to do in this area, the resorts are a hidden gem!!
Welcome back!

Glad you had such a wonderful trip!

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
*01/08 (mother/daughter trip)-POR*08/08-YC*4/09 (ladies trip)-Dolphin*07/10-BC*9/13-YC*4/14-WL*8/14 BC*
Old 08-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #38
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

natebenma - Thank you for the new thread!!!

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
*01/08 (mother/daughter trip)-POR*08/08-YC*4/09 (ladies trip)-Dolphin*07/10-BC*9/13-YC*4/14-WL*8/14 BC*
Old 08-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #39
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

What can you tell us about the food and drink offerings in BC concierge lounge?
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #40
janloz
Wishing I was at WDW now.

natebenma, thank you for starting the new thread.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #41
ibcnu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_rules View Post
What can you tell us about the food and drink offerings in BC concierge lounge?
We just returned from BC CL, here are some of the items we were offered:

From 7:00am-10:30am they had bagels, croissants, breads, muffins, fresh fruit - bananas, apples and mixed fruit containing watermelon, honeydew and cantelope. They also had yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juice, chocolate milk, coffee, tea and an assortment of cold cereal and hot oatmeal with various toppings to choose from.

From 11:30am-4:00pm they had 3 kinds of cookies, gummy fish, yogurt covered pretzels, trail mix, and home made chips and dip. In addition, they had had soda, lemonade, Evian and Perrier waters, etc.

From 5:00pm-7:00pm they had various assortment of cheese and crackers, assortment of veggies and dip, pita bread and hummus, olive and mozzarella salad, and two hot appetizers. Some of the appetizers were mini egg rolls, crab ragoon, bacon wrapped scallops, chicken on a stick, duck quesedillas and potstickers. In addition, they had 3 choices of wine and various choices of beer, including Heinken, and soft drinks.

From 8:00pm-10:00pm they had cordials (Grand Marnier, etc), beer, soft drinks, and lots of mini desserts - yummy!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:51 AM   #42
momof3cuteboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcnu View Post
We just returned from BC CL, here are some of the items we were offered:

From 7:00am-10:30am they had bagels, croissants, breads, muffins, fresh fruit - bananas, apples and mixed fruit containing watermelon, honeydew and cantelope. They also had yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juice, chocolate milk, coffee, tea and an assortment of cold cereal and hot oatmeal with various toppings to choose from.

From 11:30am-4:00pm they had 3 kinds of cookies, gummy fish, yogurt covered pretzels, trail mix, and home made chips and dip. In addition, they had had soda, lemonade, Evian and Perrier waters, etc.

From 5:00pm-7:00pm they had various assortment of cheese and crackers, assortment of veggies and dip, pita bread and hummus, olive and mozzarella salad, and two hot appetizers. Some of the appetizers were mini egg rolls, crab ragoon, bacon wrapped scallops, chicken on a stick, duck quesedillas and potstickers. In addition, they had 3 choices of wine and various choices of beer, including Heinken, and soft drinks.

From 8:00pm-10:00pm they had cordials (Grand Marnier, etc), beer, soft drinks, and lots of mini desserts - yummy!
YUMMY!!!! Here's to hoping I get some pixie dust so I can upgrade my room to CL. I keep trying but still fully booked at CL.

Jill
Old 08-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #43
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for the movie info and the photo of the kiddie slide. I'm not comfortable using this picture on this thread since it is copyrighted and comes from another website.

Anyone have a picture of the kiddie slide area that I can use??? Please post here or PM me with permission to use it.
I haven't looked through the photo thread yet, so maybe there is something there.

Thanks!

Dee
Oh, yes, of course. I have a zillion pictures of the little slide, but they all have our son in them! If I can't find something by February, I will make it my mission to take photos of the entire little slide area.

Thanks, again, for moving us over here, and for all your work!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #44
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for the movie info and the photo of the kiddie slide. I'm not comfortable using this picture on this thread since it is copyrighted and comes from another website.

Anyone have a picture of the kiddie slide area that I can use??? Please post here or PM me with permission to use it.
I haven't looked through the photo thread yet, so maybe there is something there.

Thanks!

Dee
I did take pics of this area in July. There were so many questions on the thread before we left on our trip and actually there were people looking for a "little" slide while we were at SAB.

I do need to download to photobucket. Hopefully later today.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #45
ibcnu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3cuteboys View Post
YUMMY!!!! Here's to hoping I get some pixie dust so I can upgrade my room to CL. I keep trying but still fully booked at CL.

Jill
Have you tried the Yacht Club Concerige Level? Either or, they are both great. Yacht Club is beautiful. We are thinking of staying there next time.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: