Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #16
Kelly in NY
Mouseketeer

moving on over to the new thread!

Teena- so sad we are going to miss meeting you by one day. we move over from POR check in on 8/24 - our first CL stay! we missed you last year too, when we went at the end of july and I think you were out visiting Jeanne then too. maybe one of these years... anyway, thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge and time with all of us and have a wonderful time with Jeanne and the kids!

Kelly

June/July 2012 BLT/US-IOA HRH CL/BC CL
Jan 2012 Poly CL Grandma's & Grandpa's 1st Visit to WDW
July 2011 BC DS's 7th birthday in WDW
August 2010 POR The didn't think we'd get to go back this year but we are budget trip--kids if you ever want to go on a cruise suck it up and deal with the room size!
July/August 2009 BC- Surprise Kids (DS & DD 7, DS 5)!!!
AUGUST 2007 Sheraton Vistana Resort & POR
June 2005 POFQ 1st WDW Family Vacation

Old 08-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #17
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhay View Post
Thanks Dee for starting the new thread!!

Everyone remember to add this to your subscriptions!

I think this is something I should know but am having memory problems!! BC and YC have separate check in areas, right? Does ME drop everyone off at one spot or does it have two separate stops? If two separate, which is first, BC or YC?

Thanks.
Yes, they are separate. When we went this past July, Beach Club was first of the two, but we stopped at the Boardwalk and one other hotel before the Beach Club.

Enjoy your trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #18
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

THANKS DEE!!

Love the Yacht Club! This is our new home!! LOL!

We're still here and posting using their $9.99 service. lol

Any questions let me know.

Brunette
Old 08-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #19
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly in NY View Post
moving on over to the new thread!

Teena- so sad we are going to miss meeting you by one day. we move over from POR check in on 8/24 - our first CL stay! we missed you last year too, when we went at the end of july and I think you were out visiting Jeanne then too. maybe one of these years... anyway, thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge and time with all of us and have a wonderful time with Jeanne and the kids!

Kelly
Thanks Kelly ... I'm so sorry we're going to miss each other again. I'm sure you will love CL and I can't wait to hear all about it when I get back from Jeanne's.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #20
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Dee: Thanks so much for all that hard work getting the new thread started. You may want to edit where it says smores are available to purchase at the beach in the evening. They did away with the smores and now only have marshmallows. We asked in the Marketplace and they don't sell the crackers and chocolate there either. I suppose everybody could bring their own though.

Looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow ... so many disboarders are arriving this week and next!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #21
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Great job Dee. This thread is flying now. The last one 'died' in less than two months. Testament to how many people love Y&B!

Love it. Love BC. Love YC. Love Disney...........Thanks!

Last edited by MickeyT; 08-11-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #22
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Teena: I look forward to meeting you and your trainee from PA!!

Look for these people in the newly refurbed lobby!!! (Well, except my youngest son who just today reported to basic training in Ft. Sill, Oklahoma. I'm gonna need this trip to take my mind off of missing him!!)

Lucas: Thanks for adding me to the August guests list. Hope to see some of you there!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #23
WeCantWait
DIS Veteran

Wow! Another new thread! This thread moves so quickly. Ilove it! Thanks for setting up the new thread Dee. Teena I am so happy you will be working 2 days during our stay. I look forward to meeting you and your trainee! It's after midnight, 6 more days!!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:21 PM   #24
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Dee!!!

In response to your question about movies for August, I know this is not official, but here's the link we use:

http://*********************.com/act....php#beachclub

Here's what they list for August:

Sunday Princess and the Frog
Monday Bedtime Stories (PG)
Tuesday Bolt (PG)
Wednesday A Bug's Life
Thursday Old Dogs
Friday Up
Saturday James and the Giant Peach

And here's my plug for mention of the little slide/pirate ship kiddie pool at SAB, and the photo link: http://allears.net/acc/bc10.jpg
Old 08-12-2010, 01:35 AM   #25
cyndisun
Queen of the Split Stay

We are heading to the airport in less than 6 hours! Yes, I know I should be asleep. I don't think that is going to happen though. Oh well, I have a long flight from SF to catch some zzzzz's.

We'll be at the YC tomorrow night. Hoping to meet Teena during our stay.

Happy summer everyone!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:28 AM   #26
LouiseUK
Earning My Ears

Our tickets arrived this morning - !! It's starting to feel 'real' now (IYGWIM!). I've requested courtyard or quiet pool view as recommended by Teena (I was toying with either stating that or just saying that it's our 21st wedding anniversary while we're out there and seeing if we received a nice room, but didn't want to risk it - didn't want to get my hopes up and then get a view of the dumpsters!!) Anyway, what will be will be, as the great Doris said!

I'm a student nurse (very mature 40something student nurse!) and I've got two more shifts, a reflective account and an essay to get done before we go, so I'd better get down to doing some work - this is my avoidance technique, being on disboards
Old 08-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #27
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Dee: Thanks so much for all that hard work getting the new thread started. You may want to edit where it says smores are available to purchase at the beach in the evening. They did away with the smores and now only have marshmallows. We asked in the Marketplace and they don't sell the crackers and chocolate there either. I suppose everybody could bring their own though.

Looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow ... so many disboarders are arriving this week and next!
Thanks, Teena. I will make the change about the marshmallows. Obviously, it would be helpful if you could let me know if you notice anything else that should be added or changed.

Should I put up the new room view categories?

Have a good day at work! Lots of friends coming in the next few days!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:47 AM   #28
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
THANKS DEE!!

Love the Yacht Club! This is our new home!! LOL!

We're still here and posting using their $9.99 service. lol

Any questions let me know.

Brunette
Hi Brunette! Thanks for being our on-the-scene reporter!

Can you swing by the sign listing the movies and see if these are the ones listed?
Sunday Princess and the Frog
Monday Bedtime Stories (PG)
Tuesday Bolt (PG)
Wednesday A Bug's Life
Thursday Old Dogs
Friday Up
Saturday James and the Giant Peach

What does it say for times of the campfire/movies? This should be on your activities sheet as well. Maybe the movies are listed there, too.

Thanks, and enjoy the rest of your stay!

Dee
Old 08-12-2010, 04:54 AM   #29
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Thanks, Dee!!!

And here's my plug for mention of the little slide/pirate ship kiddie pool at SAB, and the photo link: http://allears.net/acc/bc10.jpg
Thanks for the movie info and the photo of the kiddie slide. I'm not comfortable using this picture on this thread since it is copyrighted and comes from another website.

Anyone have a picture of the kiddie slide area that I can use??? Please post here or PM me with permission to use it.
I haven't looked through the photo thread yet, so maybe there is something there.

Thanks!

Dee
Old 08-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #30
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks, Teena. I will make the change about the marshmallows. Obviously, it would be helpful if you could let me know if you notice anything else that should be added or changed.

Should I put up the new room view categories?

Have a good day at work! Lots of friends coming in the next few days!
Yes, I think you should include the new room view categories. I understand it's listed on Disney's website now along with pricing.

On the marshmallows on the Beach, hopefully somebody there now can confirm, but I heard they were free.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: