Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:58 AM   #151
loveDmouse
Mickey was first
They need to change the limit on pumps

Beach Club balcony?

Thinking about switching to the Beach Club. Water view. Are there any full balconies? I wouldn't really want one that you can just stand on. We really enjoy sitting out on the balcony and having a drink or a snack. Last year we stayed at the Yacht Club and loved it but I can't use my 40% code there and can use it at the Beach Club.

Thanks for the help!

Always in our Hearts!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #152
ibcnu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Bus to/from MK is around 15 minutes- I timed it- plus any waiting time.

It would be at least a 30 minute walk from BC to the front of EPCOT for the monorail. Especially with a 4 year old- remember you still need to do bag-check at the International Gateway. Then the wait for the train, which is usually not long and about 20 minutes travel time to MK. I believe you have to change monos when you get to the TTC. Is that correct? I would budget about an hour travel time to be honest.

That being said. we almost always take the bus to MK and take the monorail back to EPCOT to get to BC.

I adore the BC, but I agree with the above posters. If you will be spending a significant amount more time in MK than EPCOT, you should think about a monorail resort.
I agree. Someone suggested BLT, it's new and has views of the monorail, your son would love it! CR has the "train station" feel, he'd like that too.

But, if you have some down time towards the end of your trip, I'd suggest the Yacht or Beach Club. SAB is wonderful, in fact stay on the Yacht side and be closer to the sandy beach. They also have movies at night on the beach at 9:00pm, with a bonfire and smores at 8pm. You can also stroll or take a boat to the boardwalk, with activity all day and evening.
4/2011 - All-Star Sports Resort for Cheerleading Worlds
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #153
ibcnu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveDmouse View Post
Thinking about switching to the Beach Club. Water view. Are there any full balconies? I wouldn't really want one that you can just stand on. We really enjoy sitting out on the balcony and having a drink or a snack. Last year we stayed at the Yacht Club and loved it but I can't use my 40% code there and can use it at the Beach Club.

Thanks for the help!
Make a request now for a full balcony at the Beach Club, ask again when you check in, if you don't receive one ask to be moved as soon as one opens up. I am sure you will be accomodated.

Last edited by ibcnu; 08-14-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #154
ibcnu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom View Post
Did I mention I haven't been to Disney for 15 years? Thanks for everyone who chimed in. Grand Floridian is kind of out of our budget unless room discounts come out and Contemporary only has their highest-price rooms available under free dining, making it a lot more than Polynesian. We actually looked at Contemporary first because of its recent refurb and the fact that, as a kid, that riding-into-the hotel-on-the-monorail thrill is pretty big.

I love the way Wilderness Lodge (lobby) looks decorated for Christmas but those rooms seem just as beat as Polynesian, if not more so. (And, again, no monorail, though they do have boat to Magic Kingdom.)

Of course you said they had a (model lobby) train at Yacht Club ... Which would also thrill my son.

Still don't know what I'll eventually do but, all in all, that's not a terrible problem to have, right?
How long are you staying? Do a split stay, BLT and Yacht Club. Save Yacht Club for last, it's very relaxing there. You can also take your son on a boat ride to the Boardwalk after spending the day at Stormalong Bay.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #155
loveDmouse
Mickey was first

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcnu View Post
Make a request now for a full balcony at the Beach Club, ask again when you check in, if you don't receive one ask to be moved as soon as one opens up. I am sure you will be accomodated.
Thank you.

Are there more full balconies or walk out balconies?

Always in our Hearts!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #156
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did I mention I haven't been to Disney for 15 years? Thanks for everyone who chimed in. Grand Floridian is kind of out of our budget unless room discounts come out and Contemporary only has their highest-price rooms available under free dining, making it a lot more than Polynesian. We actually looked at Contemporary first because of its recent refurb and the fact that, as a kid, that riding-into-the hotel-on-the-monorail thrill is pretty big.

I love the way Wilderness Lodge (lobby) looks decorated for Christmas but those rooms seem just as beat as Polynesian, if not more so. (And, again, no monorail, though they do have boat to Magic Kingdom.)

Of course you said they had a (model lobby) train at Yacht Club ... Which would also thrill my son.

Still don't know what I'll eventually do but, all in all, that's not a terrible problem to have, right?
I have stayed at the GF once during a split stay, but it is out of our price range also! As for the WL, we stayed there our last night during our past trip. We reaaaaally liked it!! Our room was great!! I don't know about any other rooms, but ours was not shabby or worn down like our room at the Poly had been...and my kids absolutely loved it!!! Only thing with this is if riding the boat to CR is a problem. If the CR is full, and the GF is out of your price range...your only option at this point may be to just stick with the Poly. Not only are you right there at the TTC, it is beautiful outside and the Beach has the view of the fireworks. Maybe you should just stay there and keep calling and asking for availability at the CR....something could open up for you! Other option is to come over to the Y&B and then just spend a certain amount of time each day getting on the mono and riding around and around!!! get off at each resort and check them out--especially since you haven't been in 15 years!!
And let me say this,...as disappointed as I was with the Poly,my room wasn't creepy dirty or falling apart!! It was just old and didn't seem to be kept up...I have read some TRs of other people that had a dirty room, but ours wasn't.My kids liked it, and we loved the proximity to the mono...but we just felt that what we paid for, we could have gotten more for our money at the Cont with a theme park view, or the BC. One more thing then I will stop the Poly-rant!!! Our room was soooo dark...the furniture, the dim lighting...it was depressing. I had to go out to the balconey to put on makeup!! I couldn't see what I was doing in the bathroom!!! CRAZY!! OK...moving on....

Old 08-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #157
loveDmouse
Mickey was first

I made the switch. We are staying at the Beach Club!

The location just makes more sense for us then staying at WL. I think WL is a beautiful resort but we don't spend that much time at MK. Our favorite parks are Epcot and HS. Last year staying at the Yacht Club was great.

Now I can start researching everything Beach Club.

Always in our Hearts!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #158
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:

Hi! I am chiming in, not because I can comment on YC or BC (its been 10 years since we stayed there) but I have stayed at the GF and the CR many times.

For my DS7, the CR is the ultimate resort. The first time he saw it, when he was 2, he was fascinated with the "hotel that ate the monorail" We have stayed there in the wing and the Tower and like them both (the tower more for obvious reasons, but the wing has the same decor and is still a great location for the price!) If you can get the CR, I would take it over the Poly in a heartbeat.

As for the GF, it is our VERY favorite resort in all of WDW. But after 3 stays in 2 years, we are kind of done with it (and I NEVER thought I would say this!) We stayed RPC (main building CL) last December and I am so glad we experienced it, but it not worth the price (and we stayed with a pretty hefty AP discount).

If you can get a discounted garden view room at the GF, that would bring the price in line with the Poly (and the CR was unavailable) then I would book the GF for the same reasons Teena said.

I can't remember exactly when you said you were going (I think it was in December?) but if it is a time of year when you wouldn't be swimming, then I would save YC/BC for another trip since SAB is one of the best assets of these resorts. The pool at the GF is pretty and the one at CR is improved (but still bleh) so I wouldn't feel bad about not getting to use either of them.

Good luck with your choice! But in the end, go with your gut and choose what is best for you and your family!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 08-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #159
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Help!

Ok so my October 2010 trip is upcoming and I'm already thinking 2011! It's always just DD and myself. We love Christmas at Disney, but DD wants to be at Disney for Thanksgiving. I started checking and really want to do the platinum dinning plan... DD and I did a plan similar to this a few years ago and loved it. We love the tours more than the rides. DD will be 26 which probably is why she loves the tours more! So I've priced the vacation for Thanksgiving week with the platinum plan. The thing is we both love staying CL especially me because of the IPO CM's. The platinum plan gives you access to IPO (not the CM's through CL though). When we did the plan a few years ago you didn't have access to IPO and I made all the reservations myself. Has anyone ever done the platinum plan using the IPO you get with that plan?? I think I know what I'm going to do because I love CL that much, but I'm trying to figure out if it is a waste of money to stay CL if you are paying for the IPO using the platinum plan?? AHHHHH someone help me figure it out! Teena if you have any advice I would appreciate it. The CM I spoke to last night has done it both ways and said the service was very good either way and pretty much agreed with me that it would be a waste to stay CL except I have grown to love it (husband says I'm spoiled and I'm ok with that).

This is what happens when your upcoming trip is all planned and paid for and all your doing is sitting around reading the Yacht Club Disboard Thread!!!

Help!!

~Nannette

Old 08-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #160
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveDmouse View Post
I made the switch. We are staying at the Beach Club!

The location just makes more sense for us then staying at WL. I think WL is a beautiful resort but we don't spend that much time at MK. Our favorite parks are Epcot and HS. Last year staying at the Yacht Club was great.

Now I can start researching everything Beach Club.
yay for you!!! I liked the WL too, but with 3 kids that bumped us up to a higher rate...can't justify it! I would rather spend the money at the BC or the CR Theme park view rooms!!!! Maybe if just me and hubby go someday......

Old 08-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #161
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Safe and magical vacatoins for all.

I will be looking for you Teena, if I don't see you Saturday surley I will see you 1 of the 8 days that we will be there.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #162
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
I can't remember exactly when you said you were going (I think it was in December?) but if it is a time of year when you wouldn't be swimming, then I would save YC/BC for another trip since SAB is one of the best assets of these resorts. The pool at the GF is pretty and the one at CR is improved (but still bleh) so I wouldn't feel bad about not getting to use either of them.

Good luck with your choice! But in the end, go with your gut and choose what is best for you and your family!
Thanks for the advice (to all, again, even the unquoted). You have been SOOOO helpful!

If my gut was strong, I wouldn't be waffling and wavering all over these boards ... Which I didn't even know existed a few weeks ago and now I'm checking 3-4 times per day.

I kind of thought the same thing about swimming ... Such a big part of Beach Club, hate to miss it. Kinda' crazy but after jumping into the Disney Kool-Aid I'm already half-planning a second trip (before we've even taken our first!) with my best friend and her kids (no hubbies) next fall if we get a fabled "bounce back" offer in December. Maybe that would be a better time to try Beach or Yacht Club.

I will say though that this is the Disney resort that holds the most appeal for me, personally.

Thanks again everyone. You have been SO nice and I hope I didn't in any way derail your Beach Club thread!
Old 08-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #163
lucas
°o°

Even more DISers! A lot of trips coming up VERY soon! Have a great time, everybody!

BC/YC August DISers:

cyndisun: YC CL 8/12-8/17
EllieBelle: BC 8/13-8/15
WDW4us2006: BC 8/14-8/19
eandesmom: YC 8/14-8/19 (WL 8/11-8/14)
Manda: BC 8/14-8/22
Echo queen: BC 8/15-8/22
punkin712: YC 8/16-8/23
KFJames: YC 08/16-08/26
scooterpej: YC 8/18-8/23
KerryCM: YC CL 8/18-8/24
Big Daddy Incredible: YC 8/18-8/27
WeCantWait: BC 8/18-8/28
goodferry: BC 8/20-8/22
cburek: YC 8/19-8/22
Beth A: YC CL 8/20-8/24
Dustin & Shelby's Mom: YC CL 8/20-8/27
ddluvsdisney: BC CL 8/20-8/27
emmysmommy: BC CL: 8/21-8/28
DrMomof3: BCV 8/21-8/28
TinkermomX2: BC 8/21-8/28
LouiseUK: YC 8/22-9/5
jackal: BC 8/22-?
DisneyJen1969: YC CL 8/23-8/28
Kelly in NY: BC CL 8/24-8/26 (POR 8/17-8/24)
lucas: BC CL 8/26-8/29 (POP 8/25) (pin event 8/27-8/29)
kldmom2000: BC 8/28-9/1
dawnbu40: BC 8/29-9/5 (pin event 8/29)

NOTE FROM TEENA:
"OK, I now have my full schedule up until I leave to go out and help Jeanne in school.

My hours are 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM. I normally take a short lunch break at 12:45 (20-25 minutes) and then a short snack break at 4:00 PM. I normally walk out of the lobby and into the back office around 5:45 PM. If I'm not there, I'm helping a guest or running into the back to print a boarding pass or something so hang around.

Working:
8/12, 8/13, 8/14, 8/15, 8/16, 8/21, 8/22 and 8/23.

Really looking forward to meeting lots of disboarders. Let me know if you schedule a meet on any of these days. I could do them any day but 8/23 ... gotta rush home and pack and get up at 4 AM the next day to get to the airport."

Last edited by lucas; 08-14-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #164
kldmom2000
DIS Veteran

lucas-you can officially add me in for August 28-Sept 1st

Just a quickie mom/daughter trip before school starts back up... couldn't pass up the AMAZING SWA airfare and just over 40% off @ the BC!

I've NEVER gone twice in the same year let alone TWICE in one SUMMER!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #165
disneyandme
DIS Veteran

DD11 and I are coming down to see the new Harry Potter stuff and then spending 2 nights at BC (one day at MK). I was hoping for a view of Epcot fireworks, but don't know if there are any rooms with this view and, if so, what should I put in my request?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: