Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #1501
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
I would take the Disney bus to MK and then take the boat to FW.... The boats are right off the path leading into MK from the bus stops. Once at FW it is not far to HDDR. But I would allow at least an hour and half to make sure to make it.

If you don't have enough time......taxi to FW. Enjoy
Absolutely correct answer.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #1502
hill6
DIS Veteran

Teena try putting an ice pack on your head for a bit in a darkened room. I have bad sinus issues (and I am on a Z pack myself for a sinus infection). That will usually help. It gets cold so you have to take it on and off.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #1503
Tyme4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish mum View Post
We will be arriving at the BC in 10 days time, we won't get there till about 7pm and we would like somewhere quick and easy to get a small meal. CS is fine as teh kids will be tired as we will have travelled all day and been up for about 20 hours.

Anyone have any good ideas on where to eat
In 10 more sleeps we'll be at the YC! WooHoo! Maybe we'll see you! Have a safe trip!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #1504
Tyme4wdw
DIS Veteran

Teena.... I had gotten some arthritis ointment in China in Epcot...it's like Royal Balm. I have arthritis at the base of my skull and top of spine. Anyways, the Royal Balm really opens up the sinus passages and I have found rubbing it over my temples and forehead really helps ease the sinus headaches. If I catch it early enough it keeps me from getting migraines. Hope this helps some and hope you feel better soon!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #1505
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Absolutely correct answer.
Just trying to take some of the load off you Teena so you can rest and get better! Take care of yourself (for your sake!)

Last edited by MickeyT; 09-27-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:55 PM   #1506
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Teena,
I hope you feel better soon!

I'm also hopeful that we'll have better access to SW with the new merger! We drove 90 min to take SW in Aug but have airtran available at 2 different airports within 30 min of home!!!

Sorry I haven't been keeping up. Work is crazy since we returned from BCV. No vacation goes unpunished!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 09-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #1507
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlykim22 View Post
Just got back from our BC stay last night!!!
we had a wonderful time...
thanks to Teena, we did not do online check in!
Can you tell me why you did NOT do online check in? I suppose I could have read through all the messages, which I will do at some point, but for now I thought I'd ask. That way I can see my new ticker too!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #1508
Hawg Pharm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Will do that tomorrow morning. What do you suggest for this killer headache. I've tried tylenol ... didn't touch it. My head hurts so bad I want to cry. So sorry you've got it too. I am taking Benadryl too ... believe it or not it doesn't make me drowsy. My daughter laughs at me because when my allergies act up, I take two every few hours and I'm absolutely fine. She takes one and is out for 10 hours. I have Sam's Club's cheap variety. We call them the pink pills.
Headaches can be tough. It all depends on what causes them. If you're not allergic to aspirin or related products then my favorite becomes 600 mg to 800 mg of ibuprofen (prescription strength which can be duplicated by three or four of the OTC 200 mg tabs....not good long term as it can cause stomach problems and other issues). I wouldn't go over 800 mg three times a day. If it is during the day, chase it with a soda containing caffeine, which also can help your headache. With this creeping crud that I have most of my headaches are caused from sinus pressure which can be relieved by nasal decongestants such as phenylephrine or pseudoephedrine (behind the pharmacy counter). However, I don't sleep worth a darn when I take them so I just stick to my diphenhydramine or chlorpheniramine and whatever I'm taking for a cough and just become a mouth breather for the night. The best thing for most infections is simply rest and fluids. Now, time again for two of those little pink pills you mentioned....and probably a nap to boot.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #1509
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok AirTran fans on this board......this one is for you!

Southwest Airlines is in the process of buying AirTran. Can I get a WooHoo! Maybe we can get a Southwest flight out of Charlotte now.

Link>>>> http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...103846393.html
Just last Thursday I booked with AirTran for our February trip. Hope the sale doesn't affect anything.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #1510
Hawg Pharm
Earning My Ears

Hearing about the merger of Southwest and Air Tran, my brother applied for a job at both. He is currently a captain with Delta but would rather spend his time in either Atlanta or Orlando (wouldn't that be good for me!) rather than Detroit and Memphis. I'd sure love it if he ended up somehow being based out of Orlando.

As for the Yacht and Beach Club, I've enjoyed this thread since we'll be staying in the Beach Club Villas during June. My kids have never been and it has been 1984 since my last trip. I think I'm more excited than the kids.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #1511
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoreland View Post
Just last Thursday I booked with AirTran for our February trip. Hope the sale doesn't affect anything.
We booked for February on AirTran, too. Last week, we received an e-mail saying that our flight times had changed - arriving 1/2 hour later and leaving Orlando 1.5 hours earlier. They asked us to confirm that we accept the changes or call to discuss options. I called. I spoke with two different representatives to confirm that we could cancel either the flight to or from Orlando at no charge. Both said yes. So we cancelled our "to Orlando" and booked a cheaper flight with better times on Southwest. (We kept the flight home on AirTran, even though we'll lose 1.5 hours.) When I checked my receipt, AirTran charged me a $75.00 change fee! I called back, and they confirmed that it was a "system generated error" and refunded.

I hesitated to post this earlier, because it's so minor compared to all the difficulty Robyn experienced with AirTran this summer. But just a warning to those still flying:

1) watch e-mails for flight changes, and if you don't like the changes, call them!

2) check any refund receipts to make sure they do not charge change fees when they changed your flights!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #1512
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Hi everyone,

We'll be checking into BCV on Saturday and we are trying to decide if we want to try and hit a park (after 7pm) or if we could just go and enjoy Stormalong Bay. Does anyone know the hours of the pool right now? Also, I saw the list of movies for September, will the movies change on Oct 1?

We are all so excited to be finally staying SO close to Epcot.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #1513
Aurora Belle
Earning My Ears

Mini celebration

I just submitted my last homework assignment for my MBA! Only a test and PowerPoint presentation to go. As of October 5th I will be done, and as of October 14th I will be at BC to celebrate. Soooo exciting!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #1514
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Belle View Post
I just submitted my last homework assignment for my MBA! Only a test and PowerPoint presentation to go. As of October 5th I will be done, and as of October 14th I will be at BC to celebrate. Soooo exciting!!!!!!!!
Congrats!!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #1515
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

Quote:
I would take the Disney bus to MK and then take the boat to FW.... The boats are right off the path leading into MK from the bus stops. Once at FW it is not far to HDDR. But I would allow at least an hour and half to make sure to make it.

If you don't have enough time......taxi to FW. Enjoy
Thank you so much!
WDW Commando Member #165

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: