Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do Tips earn towel animals? Did you get animals?
Tipped got animals 100% daily 21 5.74%
Tipped got animals most days 22 6.01%
Tipped got animals some of days 112 30.60%
Tipped never got animals 132 36.07%
Did Not tip got animals 100% daily 7 1.91%
Did Not tip got animals most days 25 6.83%
Did Not tip got animals some of days 28 7.65%
Did Not tip never got animals 19 5.19%
Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Do tips earn towel animals?

This is not a thread about if it is correct to tip Mousekeeping.

I am just curious how often people got towel animals and if tips influenced it.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #2
robinb
DIS Veteran

I always tip and only received towel animals on one trip out of many. {shrug} I tip because I feel it's the right thing to do, not "buy" towel animals.
robinb is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2010, 04:04 AM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

In my experiences, tips have nothing to do with getting towel animals. Housekeeping makes them when they have a bit of extra tip, and feel like spreading some magic. Towel animals shouldn't be expected, nor should you feel like you are buying them by tipping.

Last edited by maxiesmom; 08-10-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: cant spell at 5am
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:46 AM   #4
WildGrits
DIS Veteran

It seemed that the last time we went, the towels where pre-made with stickers on them for eyes. I don't know why but that didn't seem as magical to me.

We tip daily because I'm not sure if we have the same person daily.

Our last few visits have been as follows.

CBR----towels with sticker eyes atleast 3 times out of a week
POR----No towels but it was within a year of 9/11 and place was in need of tlc
WL---no towel animals but found that our stuffed animals where very busy daily. One day in the bathroom with towels around their waists other day flying around with the help of the ceiling fan. That was way better than towel animals.

I was Boo'ed by Adaygaby
WildGrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:24 AM   #5
My2BabiesLexis&Dill
DIS Veteran

I have to agree with the previous poster. We only receive a few towel animals but what they done with the kids stuffed toys was too cute!! The kids were excited to come back to the room to see what they were doing. The one that sticks out the most was having Buzz, Woody and Tinkerbell laying up against the pillow with my daughter's blanket on them with the remote laying on top of the blanket and the tv was on. It was really cute.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:44 AM   #6
DznyDreams
A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
This is not a thread about if it is correct to tip Mousekeeping.

I am just curious how often people got towel animals and if tips influenced it.
OMG, people! THIS IS A POLL. The OP, quoted above, clearly states this is NOT a thread about whether or not it is correct to tip Mousekeeping. Some of you just cannot help yourselves can you? You just cannot answer the question as originally stated. It is almost as if you are afraid that some type of "Mousekeeping Police" will somehow know which of the POLL answers you personally selected; therefore, you MUST state your opinion about why you tip.

It is okay to just answer a question without assuming the OP has some sinister plan in mind to tip Mousekeeping in order to "BUY" towel animals. LOL So what if you're tipping to "buy" towel animals!?!? Doesn't the Mousekeeper still get the tip, no matter what the intent!?!?

Oh well.....I think I better go back to bed. This has to be only one in a very tiny handful of times I have ever jumped in on a thread and felt the need to lecture.

TTFN

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep; In dreams you lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for you keep; Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling thru; No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true!

11/13 CSR & Disney Dream * 9/10 CSR * 08/09 WL * 2/09 CSR * 9/08 BWV & POP * 5/08 POP * 11-12/07 CSR & Disney Wonder * 10/05 CBR * 10/04 BWV * 03/04 BWV * 10/02 OKW * 04/02 WLV * 10/01 OKW * 12/00 CR * 05/00 POFQ * 12/99 DL (aka: POR) * 09/98 CR * Offsite 95
Old 08-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #7
WildGrits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGrits View Post
WL---no towel animals but found that our stuffed animals where very busy daily. One day in the bathroom with towels around their waists other day flying around with the help of the ceiling fan. That was way better than towel animals.
Now that I think of it, the time we went to WL my parents paid. So I don't even know if they tipped at all. I sure if they did, they didn't do it daily.

It was a trip for my mom's 50th. She got a card on her b-day with 2 Disney beanies with it. That was pretty cool. I have no idea who was responsible for that. I can tell you it wasn't me or my dad.

I was Boo'ed by Adaygaby
WildGrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #8
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyDreams View Post
OMG, people! THIS IS A POLL. The OP, quoted above, clearly states this is NOT a thread about whether or not it is correct to tip Mousekeeping. Some of you just cannot help yourselves can you? You just cannot answer the question as originally stated. It is almost as if you are afraid that some type of "Mousekeeping Police" will somehow know which of the POLL answers you personally selected; therefore, you MUST state your opinion about why you tip.

It is okay to just answer a question without assuming the OP has some sinister plan in mind to tip Mousekeeping in order to "BUY" towel animals. LOL So what if you're tipping to "buy" towel animals!?!? Doesn't the Mousekeeper still get the tip, no matter what the intent!?!?

Oh well.....I think I better go back to bed. This has to be only one in a very tiny handful of times I have ever jumped in on a thread and felt the need to lecture.

TTFN
This this is directed at me ... I'll answer. Many people feel that if they tip they will get a towel animal. So, they tip to get something for themselves and not for the housekeeper. I just wanted to make clear that tipping does not influence getting a towel animal. One late December vacation we tipped at ASMv (as usual) and EVERY SINGLE OTHER ROOM on our floor got a towel animal EXCEPT ours .

Sorry ... you have been around long enough to know that the OP can not dictate the direction a thread will take .
robinb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:43 AM   #9
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

No, we didn't tip on our first trip and we got lots of towel animals. When we tipped we didn't get any.

wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:56 AM   #10
Stacy007
Earning My Ears

We always leave tips for mousekeeping, but have never received a towel animal. DH and I think this is because we always stay in rooms with king size beds, where it is evident there aren't any children in the room.
Dec 19, 2006 to Dec 26, 2006: Disneymoon at POR
May 3, 2011 to May 13, 2011: PhD Graduation Trip at CR
Oct 27, 2014 to Nov 4, 2014: CBR
Stacy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #11
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

We tipped daily last year at CBR. We got towel animals probably 4 times that week. One day, there were multiple. My girls saved them all up and took "group" photos of all of them on our last day. It was cute!

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
StacyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
BraveLittleToaster2
Mouseketeer

We tip, but we recieved towel animals on some days BEFORE we had tipped....As we tend to leave bigger tips but only every 4th day or so, not everyday.

Most Recent Trips
04/2002 POR
08/2005 AKL
08/2008 AKL
08/2009 POFQ
01/2011 Kidani

12/2012
Kidani
11/2014 PLANNING
BraveLittleToaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #13
Penelope2000
Earning My Ears

We have stayed at POR twice, tipped daily, and never received towel animals. Our room was neat and clean, however, and we were grateful after a hot day at the parks.

Dd and me at Epcot - 3 years later and she is now 6 inches taller than me! me, dh, ds (16), dd (13)
Penelope2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #14
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Some trips we receive zero towel animals and other trips we receive allot. We always tip though from value to deluxe. In fact we seem to get more towel animals at the values and moderates.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #15
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
In my experiences, tips have nothing to do with getting towel animals. Housekeeping makes them when they have a bit of extra tip, and feel like spreaking some magic. Towel animals shouldn't be expected, nor should you feel like you are buying them by tipping.
I agree 100%!
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: