Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

They have rides at Disneyworld?I'm here for the DDXP!Updated Victoria & Albert's.

Update! I'm back and finally posting reviews! As I get them posted, I'll link to them in this first post. I really think some of you will be surprised at what our meals entailed, I know we sure were!!

Welcome to what is sure to become a marvel of immense proportions! Join me and my bestest friend in the whole wide world AKA my SO Danny, as we try to conquer the DDxP.

for a little background info here's my PTR. and my now current trip report!

We attempted DDxP last year, but when we were upgraded to SSR Disney wouldn't let us upgrade our dining plan and we fell back on the regular dining plan. This year I am EXCITED about our food-so much that I've planned every ADR obsessively but have no idea what we're going to do with the rest of the time.

So our ADR schedule was well, intense for a lack of a better word. Here, see for yourself....

Arrival Day 8/18
We Had "Linner" at Steak and Shake!
WOOT! We don't have those here, and I got a gift card from Mypoints.

8/19
We ended up going to Seaworld, and we ate at Voyager's Smokehouse. Then Cici's Pizza for dinner. (no pictures here)

8/20
First day of Platinum!
Linner-Fulton's Crab House 4:30
Late Dinner- Flying Fish 9:55 They seated us early, at 9:40!

8/21
My Birthday!
Lunch- CS Cici's Pizza, no review it was the same as last time.
Dinner- Victoriaand Albert's- dinner- 9:00PM

From there we switch to CSR and FREE DINING!

8/22
Lunch- Planet Hollywood- 11:30AM
Dinner- 'Ohana -9PM

8/23
Breakfast- Kona- 9:15AM
Dinner- Artist Point-5:30PM (we're going to skip dessert because.....)

Wishes Dessert Party!!! 9PM

8/24
Lunch- Yak and Yeti 12PM
Diner- Jiko 7:00

8/25
Lunch- Biergarten 12:00
Dinner- Narcoosee's 9:00

8/26
Lunch- Le Cellier 1:25
Dinner- Yachtsmen 9:20

I originally THOUGHT I had Yachtsmen and Narcoosees's the other way around, I certainly didn't mean to schedule Le Cellier and Yachtsmen the same day. I'm trying to switch the Le Cellier to 8/27, but so far no luck.

8/27
Lunch- Sci-Fi 1:10
Dinner- Cali Grill 9:10

This trip is going to revolve around food and the pool, and anything else we accomplish will just be gravy.

Last edited by arilvdc; 10-24-2010 at 08:05 PM.
arilvdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo! I will jump in. You have ADR's at many of the restaurants I have scheduled.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

yay and welcome!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
LBollengier
If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Count me in!!

Can't wait to see your opinions reviews and pictures of restaurants!! We are going to many of the restaurants you listed!!

Enthusiastically awaiting your future posts!!

Me DH , DD20 & DD14 DGS8 * * DVC OWNERS ~ BWV, BLT & GCV * *
Planning: Annual Food & Wine Trip Oct 14 with Halloween Dream Cruise with Lennox!! WDW Homeschool Jan 2015 & Norway Magic 2015!!
Need to Scrap!!
DCL: Galveston Nov 2013, WONDERful Alaska 11 & 13, Magic Mexican Riviera 05 & 08, Magic Carribean 01 & 07, Dreamy Bahamas July & Oct 2012
WDW - BWI/V, Cont/BLT, Poly, WL, GFL & AKL 75, 84, 86, 89, 91, 93, 94, 98, 02, 04, 06, 10, Mar+May+Oct 11, Jan+Apr+Oct 12, Jan & Oct 2013, Jan 2014
DL - 1966, 76, 87, 99 - Grand California 05 & 08
LBollengier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
jakenjess
DIS Veteran

Nice lineup! Looking forward to your reviews!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
AWish
Mouseketeer

Nice lineup

I can't wait to hear about your experiences, I have a similar schedule for december trip...
AWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #7
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Oh this sounds good! Looking forward to your reviews.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

joining in...can't wait

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #9
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

On our first day we ended up going to target and then Steak and Shake, and not having dinner. We were too tired. AND since we were so hungry, I totally forgot to take pictures of the food. I did however take these two shots...

Look he's practicing!

It's so cheap here! I love it!

I ended up getting the Cheddar Burger with fries, and he got the bleu cheese burger. Both we consumed post haste, and paid with the gift card. I think our total came out to $3 after using the gift card.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #10
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

We took a ton of snacks to Seaworld, so we weren't planning on eating that much while we were there. We had considered the All you can eat pass, but it seemed like too much money for both of us, and we didn't want to break the rules by sharing. While we there we saw EVERYONE and their mother sharing (literally), but what can you do??

We ended up sharing the Chicken/Ribs combo plate from Voyager's Smokehouse and it was very good.

The chicken was moist and the ribs were fall off the bone. The beans we very peppery instead of sweet, but still yummy, and the fries were crispy and disappeared lickety split. We both felt like we had enough to eat, so at $13.99 it was a great deal.

We also purchased a light up cup (you can see it in the corner) and it was refillable all day, woot! Water was free, everything else was 99 cents. So we got ice water every half hour, and occasionally lemonade. If you're going to fill up with soda or juice I recommend the larger souvenir sipper, but the cup was great for us- and I got to feed my glow addiction.

We ate dinner at Cici's Pizza, and it was good. Their sweet tea is addictive, and it allowed me to eat more pizza. I wouldn't eat here everyday, but on vacation it's cheap and yummy.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #11
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I am looking foward to your reviews. We love Steak and Shake. I left our arrival night without any ADR's so that we can head over there for dinner. At least DH will be happy about one meal. The prices are great too. We spent less than $20 last time. I have almost enough points on mypoints to get the gift card

Waiting patiently for more
Old 10-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #12
physicalt104
Princess since the '50s

Location: Part-time Long Island, NY; part-time Killington, VT

Thank goodness there are others who schedule their meals and ADRs FIRST, and everything else in the World SECOND.....
physicalt104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #13
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Fulton's Crab House

Our very first meal on the platinum plan was Fulton's Crab House.

We were trying to take full advantage of the plan's allowances, and eat at the restaurants that aren't normally on the dining plan. For some reason I wasn't sure what street to turn on, and we parked kind of far from the restaurant. Danny was on the phone with his mom, and so he was walking reallllllly slow...we ended up being a few minutes late for our ADR, but since they had JUST opened for dinner, we ended up with the entire dining room to ourselves.

Our server was very nice, and he explained what came on the platinum plan to us, and made a few recommendations. Everything was included except the "Seafood Tower Appetizer for Two" and the "Louie Fulton's Ultimate Crab and Lobster Experience For Two"

Our Drinks- I believe mine was a Tidal Wave and his was some sort of apple juice cocktail- both are non alcoholic.

I'm a sucker for blue and/or glowing drinks.

While we were deciding, the server came around with this yummy spread and giant crouton-ish crackers.

It was freaking delicious. The plate was licked clean by the time the server came back for our orders. Luckily, the recipe was printed on the back of our place card.

The server brought us some bread...and a giant knife.

Sourdough bread to be exact, but it was not the soft floofy kind so I skipped most of it.

The menu is huge, and I had trouble deciding on my appetizer even though we were starving because we skipped lunch (and breakfast). We finally decided on....

Blue Crab Cake - A Fulton's Legend: a super lump crab cake, lightly sauteed and served with cucumber salad and mustard sauce $14.95

Danny really liked this, I was surprised as I've never seen him eat a crab cake before.

and Key West Conch Fritters - With a lemon garlic remoulade $9.95

For some strange reason, my brain did not equate fritters with fried. I was sadly surprised and I didn't eat all of these.

For our mains, the server recommended going with the "big guys" AKA the really expensive stuff we would never order if we weren't on the plan. He wasn't pushy about it so we decided, hey why not??

Danny ended up with the Rhode Island - Narragansett Lobster - over roasted whole 1¼ Maine lobster, stuffed with tender gulf shrimp and New Bedford scallops $44.95

Holy carp! This was sooooo delicious. The lobster was "stuffed" with shrimp and scallops but what was really tasty was the sauce surrounding it. It really brought out the flavors of all the seafood, but it didn't overpower any of it.

I had the Alaska King Crab Claws and Australian Lobster Tail - ¾ lb. king crab claws and grilled lobster tail, with red skin potatoes and drawn butter $51.95

This was also good, but my lobster seemed sad and tasteless compared to Danny's. The crab claws, on the other hand (claw?) were amazingly good. The meat was tender and sweet and had a firm texture to it- not too soft. I didn't even use the butter. One funny thing was when I attempted to crack one of the claws hulk style- it shattered and sent missiles of crab claw shell flying in every direction. Good thing we were the only ones there!

By this point we're feeling rather full, but we put our complete order in at the beginning (as requested) so we have to wait for our dessert. Our server starts helping another table that has just been seated, as the hostess sat them at a six top even though there were eight of them including their two infants.

We ended up waiting twenty minutes for our dessert, which is bad on the 1 day platinum plan- we were on a very tight schedule. After asking our server again, we finally ended up with...

For Danny- Sorbet Trio - pineapple, mango, and mixed berry sorbet with fresh berries $7.95

He enjoyed this, even though he was too stuffed to eat it all.

For Me-Key Lime Pie - Hazelnut and graham cracker crust, filled with not too tart, not too sweet key lime custard with fresh whipped cream $8.95

I think they gave me a quarter of a pie! It was the first and only key lime pie to defeat me, I think from sheer hugeness. It doesn't look that big from the picture, but it was the large dinner plate. You can kind of tell by comparing the water glass in the top corner- those are the big glasses too! It was very good though, not gritty or sickly sweet, with a tangy lime flavor.

Overall, we enjoyed Fulton's very much, but we wouldn't go back unless we were on the dining plan again. Otherwise it's just too expensive for us. I recommend getting the lobster OR the crab claws, not the land and sea like I did. When we go back in November I'm getting just the crab claws.

Also, if you make a reservation for lunch, many of the dinner items are also available upon request.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #14
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

that crab cake looks awesome!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #15
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Flying Fish

Our fireworks cruise captain, Scott, was so awesome that he dropped us of right in front of Flying Fish after we saw Illuminations. We were actually early for once and since there were quite a few people waiting, I expected to wait as well. I checked in and the hostess asked if we were the "Platinum Plan Guests," which we were so I said yes, and she scuttled off towards the kitchen which was a little strange to me. But she came back with a server who seated us immediately, yay! We were very impressed with the look of the restaurant, and we were seated at a table facing the open kitchen, which we very much enjoyed.

Our server was very new, but welcoming and pleasant. We both ordered the pomegranate lemonade- we first had it at Storyteller's Cafe in Disneyland and fell in love, so we try and order it whenever we're in Disney. We were very happy that Disneyworld has it as well!

We got out bread and salted butter...

I wasn't really into this bread either, it had a hard crust that I just have trouble chewing, and since there wasn't a delicious spread I skipped this too.

For our appetizers, Danny had
Our Chef's Degustation of Worldly Artisanal Cheeses - Five Tasting Portions and accompaniments Raisins on the Vine, Membrillo, Honeycomb, Pumello-Red Onion-Golden Raisin-Yuzu Compote Agrodolce $16.00

Very, very, very yummy! I'm lucky because he decided to share some with me. I took the picture so I could remember what kind of cheese each one was, but I can't read anything in the picture...now I know to make sure I can actually read it before I'm done with the pictures. I do remember that the blue cheese was from Oregon and it was the one we both loved the most.

I had Yellowfin Tuna Tartare and Crispy Tempura Tuna-Vegetable Sushi Roll - Hijiki and Wakame Seaweed, Yuzu Tobiko, Wasabi Foam, with Sweet-and-Spicy Sauce $16.00

We're from Southern California and we both love sushi. I've had good sushi and bad, and I can tell you that this sushi roll was worth every penny. The tuna was delicately balanced with the warmth of the wasabi and the crunch of the tempura...so good. The only complaints I had were that the rolls were too big to eat in one bite, and that there wasn't more of it.

For our mains....

Danny had Smokey Citrus and Fragrant Pepper-spiced Yellowfin Tuna - Saffron Potatoes, Piquillo Peppers, Roasted Fennel, Tiny Tomatoes, Chorizo and Saffron-Vegetable Nage $37.00

The server recommended the fish medium rare, and it came out more rare. Danny said it was very tasty, but he prefers his fish a bit more cooked if it's going to be a giant hunk of meat.

I had Oak-grilled Maine Diver Scallops - Butternut Squash, Sage, Mascarpone and Pecorino-laced Risotto di Carnarolli, Proscuitto di Parma Cracklins' $34.00

I love scallops, and these were delicious. Not overcooked at all, but firm to the bite. I really expected the risotto to be creamier and more flavorful, but it was sort of bland and chewy. Since I had eaten that whole appetizer I was okay with not eating the risotto, but if I had only ordered the main I would have been disappointed.

for our desserts we had...

Rustic Spring Crop Black and Blue Dark Berry Tart - Almond cremé, Marscapone Gelato, and Honey-Marscapone Crema $8.00

The flavors of the dish were great, but the texture was just weird. There were nuts or something hard and crunchy inside the tart. The gelato was amazing, probably the best I ever ate.

Danny had a cheesecake that I don't see on the menu anymore. He said it was good, but rich and heavy.

Since we were so full we packed up most of the dessert to go, and they gave us this cute plastic bag.

Overall, we really liked flying fish but I don't think we'd be back for a full meal unless we were on the dining plan. For the price of the food, it wasn't that amazing that we would pay out of pocket, except for the sushi roll. The atmosphere is nice, but very casual, and I really was expecting more out of our very first signature restaurant when it came to atmosphere. It really is a beautiful space though.

Last edited by arilvdc; 10-24-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: