Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Going back to where it all started- Sept. 2010 PTR

Hi my DIS friends!!

Today seems like a great day to start my PTR, with only 45 days more to go!

Some of you may have "met" me before, I have done two PTR and TRs here on DIS, the last TR was unable to be finished, due to time constraints. My name is Kristen, I am a 37 year old Disney addict, SAHM, new Realtor and referee to my three small boys. My husband, Todd is 35, and our children are Ethan who is 7, Lucas is 5 and Cole is 3. They keep us on our toes, to say the least, but also have the love of Disney installed in them, thanks to their Mom. This will be the boys 3rd trip, our first trip with them was when Cole was only 12 weeks old! Here is a picture of my babies and one of our family:

I have gone through Disney Depression, wondering when we'd take another trip and we finally booked this trip a few months ago with our BFF's. This would be a good time to introduce them. Tracey (my BFF), Adam and their three small children, Hailey, Zach and Emmi will be joining us in WDW for our second trip together. We went with them back in December of 2008 and have wondered and dreamed about the next time we'd go. They were visiting us from PA (we live in MA) this Spring, our wheels got to spininng and we decided we couldn't wait anymore! We had originally thought we would wait a few more years between trips so we're without strollers and diapers but after talking that night, we decided that before the magic of it changes for the babies, it was time to go again! Here is a picture of all 10 of us from 2008, please note the TR from that trip is listed below, it was the most magical, favorite trip of mine, ever!

So, where will we be staying you ask? And when? We started big and worked our way down, Treehouse villas, Contemporary, Poly...but ended up with Port Orleans Riverside.....and here is where my title comes from....Todd and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary the week we are there, 9/21-9/29! We honeymooned at Dixie Landings 9/2000, so it's only fitting we go back!

Here are a couple of pics from back in the day, our wedding day 9/23/00, the most beautiful day, ever!

our honeymoon pic from dinner at Narcossees!

I hope that you will stick around and join me while I'm counting down to a week full of wonderful memories!!

Table of Contents:
Details, details....

A little update and some plans!
Day 3 Plan of attack
Free fun!
Day 4: our "down" day
A little of this and a little of that....with lots of pics!
Day 6: MGM day, yes, I called it MGM, I still can't call it DHS!
Mickey Mail!!
And the countdown officially begins!
Departure day 9/29
Getting a big more organized and ready!
Thinking outloud!
Getting organized!
20 days!
Blast from the past!

What I am looking forward to the most!
Starting to panic a bit!
1st day of school and two weeks from today....

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 09-07-2010 at 01:48 PM.
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
Lil Bo Peep
Mouseketeer

I'm in! Great start and you even were able to put a smile on my face tonight. Thanks
Lil Bo Peep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Anna!

So glad you're here!! Slow start but I have LOTS to tell...stay tuned!!!! And SO glad to put a smile on your face tonight, DIS has a way of doing that!!

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 08-07-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you started your PTR! 45 days are gonna FLY by!!! I am looking forward to hearing all about this trip with your BFFs. I remember reading about the last one and if this is even half as magical and fun you'll be in good shape!

How perfect you are going back to your honeymoon location. Your pictures are gorgeous!

Looking forward to more. Do the kids "get it" that they are going back in 45 days? Are they excited?

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi C!

Soooo glad you're here!!

We had such a fabulous vacation the last time we went with our BFF's....we hope this one can top that now that the kids are that much older! But you're so right, if it's half as magical, we'll be in really good shape!! It's going to be so much fun!

The kids all know, Tracey and I both have countdowns that start at 30 days, I'll post pictures in a couple of weeks when it starts! But they get it, we keep telling them it's a couple of weeks after school starts....they are pretty excited, we've been watching You Tube and ride videos to show Cole what he can look forward to since he was only 17 mos. last time we went. He keeps asking over and over to see the "Buzz Ride"....so cute!

I can't believe it's 44 more days now! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
melimel2100
Earning My Ears

Yay! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Mel!
So glad you're here!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Hey GF! I am here : ) Looking forward to hearing more!!
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #9
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

So excited you started this!! I can't believe your trip is almost here! Love the pics...your wedding pic is beautiful...don't know that I realized that you will be back at POR...on your anniversary. Looking forward to reading more.
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #10
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Hey GF! I am here : ) Looking forward to hearing more!!
Hey Lynnie! So glad you're hear!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
So excited you started this!! I can't believe your trip is almost here! Love the pics...your wedding pic is beautiful...don't know that I realized that you will be back at POR...on your anniversary. Looking forward to reading more.
Hi Leighan! Yay, you made it!! I know, can you believe it....almost 43 more days! Yes, our anniversary is our 2nd full day there!! Where does 10 years go......

Old 08-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #11
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! Really hoping we get to meet up sometime on our trips!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #12
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Details, details...

Okay, so you want to know the details? We are staying at POR, 9/21-9/29, we have requested Alligator Bayou (heard this was the place to be with the kids, anyone?), with adjoining rooms, as it worked out great for our last trip. While Tracey and I are finishing our make up in the morning or packing our diaper bags, the kids would entertain each other and at night, we also like to drag the chairs from our room onto the "decks" out front and chat, unwind, finish a conversation and make our plans for the next day, while enjoying dessert that we didn't have to share once the kiddos are in bed!

Our families flight out of Boston is about 8:15 p.m. and flying into MCO about 11:15 p.m. Tracey and fam don't fly out of Philly until the next morning about 7:15 a.m. so we'll be there a whole 12 hours before them. The difference in price for us to just wait until morning was like another $600! So we opted for an extra night in Disney, the boys and I will pick Todd up at work on our way to Logan, have a quick dinner and head out. It will be a late night and I am hoping it will be okay, but I will admit, I'm a little worried about having to get our own luggage that night with very tired kids and try to get ourselves to ME, since ME luggage service closes at 11, we just miss it. Anyone have to do this before?

We are figuring Tracey and Adam will be to POR by noon or so the next day, so we have time to unpack, get the resort figured out some and get our delivery from Garden Grocers! We ordered (yes, already!) bottled water, diapers and wipes for Cole and Emmi, some bath supplies for the kids, snacks for the room, fresh fruit, snacks for the parks, that sort of thing. I'm excited to have a little fridge in our room this trip, it will be nice to have a few things on hand and not have to walk to the food court for it.

Our plan for this day is to be low key...we'll have 6 tired kids, with our boys being up so late the night before, sleeping in a hotel (in the same bed, some of them!), and all excited and Tracey's kids up and at them about 4 a.m for the day, so we've decided to make this day a pool day or maybe take a trip to DTD just to walk around some. We do have reservations this night at 5 p.m. for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, Tracey has very fond memories of this as a child, I've never been, so we figured it would be a fun 1st night plan. And we're really hoping to be in and settled early, maybe 9ish for our big plans for the following morning!

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 08-07-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #13
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I'm here!!! Really hoping we get to meet up sometime on our trips!
Hey Meghan! Yay!! We so need to coordinate something! Now that I'm getting my schedule out, we'll figure something out for sure!!

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 08-07-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #14
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

YAY!!! I'm totally in!! POR is a great resort!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #15
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hey guys!
OT....does anyone know how to add the "table of contents" in my 1st page? Know what I mean? Any help is appreciated!! THANK YOU!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: